What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:59 am

now the rwnjs don't know what to do. they're all screeching to defund the fbi which sounds like some blm shit defunding the police. then half of them are calling is a democratic witch hunt, except the fbi director was appointed by trump so it's like they're being witch hunted by their own appointee. they're freaking out
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby origami » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:00 am

It's tricky, because on the whole the FBI does very good work. They are the only serious and seriously effective police force on the planet, feared by organized crime anywhere. But at the same time, the upper echelons are clearly compromised. A purge is coming, there is no doubt. That is why they are playing all their trumps to try to get rid of the Big Man before he comes in.
There's no one thing that's true. It's all true.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:05 am

the fbi director was appointed by trump. biden didn't fire him because it's supposed to be the case that the fbi director can only be fired for cause. so trump's own appointee is compromised? and now raiding his home? what about the classified documents? the boxes full of them that were removed from the white house when he left? removing them is a crime. we can't do this thing where you can just commit crimes and because another party holds the white house, say that everything is political.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby origami » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:06 am

Trump with a Trump House and a Republican Senate?

We would be disappointed if they didn't try everything they can to prevent it.
There's no one thing that's true. It's all true.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:13 am

i just realized you have an ernest hemingway quote in your signature. you ever go to his house in key west? it's got 6 toed cats walking around down there man. crazy shit
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby mannequin01 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:28 am

My family want to go on an outing tomorrow and i cant be assed!!
mannequin01

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:30 am

i don't know what that means but go for it
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:57 am

_
Can't be assed = can’t be bothered.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:59 am

this is america please refrain from foreign slang because i don't know what it means
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:28 am

_
Lol.. I thought the saying would be self-evident, myself.

I bet somewhere in America, an American has used that terminology before.. I doubt that it is in sole-use, in no-where in the world, but the UK.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:40 am

i used to mess with a girl who'd say "what's the crack" and "bobs your uncle" but she was from ireland and went back there after she finished school here
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:59 pm

_
..being innovative -with the responsibilities and obligations that I have- whilst still having the time x energy to spruce-up my pad.

Esther et al at GOS[IM]H will be pleased.
Last edited by MagsJ on Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagsJ

Postby mannequin01 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:21 pm

Spent all day on the beach. It was an okay experience, not sure i would consider it to be an ideal way to spend my human existence on earth but i guess it can be a bit more more meaningful if you add mysterious interest in the unknown.. The humans have gathered at the shore, all standing gazing into the great depth of the horizon.. However that didn't happen, just a typical generic event at the beach.. I think the beach attracts depressed brains, whoever thought sand would be a coping mechanism, although there is something very comfortable about placing hands into moist coldish sand..

Nothing out of the ordinary.
mannequin01

Postby mannequin01 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:56 pm

I am dying from heat.. Need water.. S. O. S..
mannequin01

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:45 am

what beach?
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Sculptor » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:34 am

origami wrote:It's tricky, because on the whole the FBI does very good work. They are the only serious and seriously effective police force on the planet, feared by organized crime anywhere. But at the same time, the upper echelons are clearly compromised. A purge is coming, there is no doubt. That is why they are playing all their trumps to try to get rid of the Big Man before he comes in.

The FBI has been shackled by Trump's administration to act. Now it has been released to do its work and bring IQ45 to justice.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:35 am

MagsJ wrote:_
Can't be assed = can’t be bothered.

That's Arsed, in proper English.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:36 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:this is america please refrain from foreign slang because i don't know what it means

Why not cool it and go and bum a fag?
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:38 am

MagsJ wrote:_
Lol.. I thought the saying would be self-evident, myself.

I bet somewhere in America, an American has used that terminology before.. I doubt that it is in sole-use, in no-where in the world, but the UK.

I think the Aussies know what is going on..

They know the difference between a fanny and an arse!
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:39 am

mannequin01 wrote:Spent all day on the beach. It was an okay experience, not sure i would consider it to be an ideal way to spend my human existence on earth but i guess it can be a bit more more meaningful if you add mysterious interest in the unknown.. The humans have gathered at the shore, all standing gazing into the great depth of the horizon.. However that didn't happen, just a typical generic event at the beach.. I think the beach attracts depressed brains, whoever thought sand would be a coping mechanism, although there is something very comfortable about placing hands into moist coldish sand..

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Apparently the crashing waves give off negative ions which are supposed to lift your mood?
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:09 am

Sculptor wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Can't be assed = can’t be bothered.

That's Arsed, in proper English.

I quoted the post author, verbatim.

Sculptor wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Lol.. I thought the saying would be self-evident, myself.

I think the Aussies know what is going on..

They know the difference between a fanny and an arse!

:lol:

That terminology for arse, made Us laugh [uncomfortably] growing up.. still does. 8-[

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:46 am

Sculptor wrote:Apparently the crashing waves give off negative ions which are supposed to lift your mood?

..listening to a ‘crashing waves’ video, might be on the cards later. :wink: :-s

I prefer a fine Marina to an expanse of coastal sandy beach.. sea-vessels mooring and setting-sail.. dining at the clubhouse.. watching the bustle of the comings-and-goings.. a stroll around the harbour basin.

Divine..

MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:34 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:this is america please refrain from foreign slang because i don't know what it means

Why not cool it and go and bum a fag?

you mean burn it? already did. i have a whole box of little flags and i burn one every morning right after i brush my teeth just to start the day
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:40 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Sculptor wrote:Apparently the crashing waves give off negative ions which are supposed to lift your mood?

..listening to a ‘crashing waves’ video, might be on the cards later. :wink: :-s

I prefer a fine Marina to an expanse of coastal sandy beach.. sea-vessels mooring and setting-sail.. dining at the clubhouse.. watching the bustle of the comings-and-goings.. a stroll around the harbour basin.

Divine..

i like this one right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFyMOjENg2U&t=3s
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:10 pm

_
I’ll listen again to it, later.. it was indeed soothing.. perhaps because it mimics amniotic fluid in the womb.. perhaps. :-k

MagsJ

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat