What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:09 am

been doing a lot of walking up very steep hills, and a bit of driving in the snow
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:10 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:been doing a lot of walking up very steep hills, and a bit of driving in the snow

Has that monster snow storm hit the Rockies yet?
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:01 pm

MagsJ wrote:My phone-screen light has gone, save for infrequent flickering from time-to-time.. to repair or replace, hmmm?

I went with 'replace' ..a new phone should be arriving tomorrow ..I’ve got unread messages to respond to for chrise sake.

..some Organic-cider and quaver-crisps for supper.. as I only had a bowl of carrot&pumpkin soup for dinner earlier.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:39 am

WendyDarling wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:been doing a lot of walking up very steep hills, and a bit of driving in the snow

i dunno but this was yesterday afternoon. shit came down kinda quick.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:03 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:

i dunno but this was yesterday afternoon. shit came down kinda quick.

How much did Denver get?
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby promethean75 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:25 am

I'm crawling around the floor in the waiting room at wake med hospital. That's my new thing. I come in here and crawl around the floor to see if I can get any medical help. Haven't worked in weeks or slept in days and I'm totally broke. Losing the use of my left leg as well.

This has become a kind of game almost. Like I'm testing them, seeing what they will do. In fact I'm almost hoping they don't help me. I'm looking for an edge to be pushed over from which there is no return. This might be the one baby. Let's cross our fingers.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:58 am

none yet in denver. maybe next week.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:59 am

promethean75 wrote:I'm crawling around the floor in the waiting room at wake med hospital. That's my new thing. I come in here and crawl around the floor to see if I can get any medical help. Haven't worked in weeks or slept in days and I'm totally broke. Losing the use of my left leg as well.

This has become a kind of game almost. Like I'm testing them, seeing what they will do. In fact I'm almost hoping they don't help me. I'm looking for an edge to be pushed over from which there is no return. This might be the one baby. Let's cross our fingers.

you should start a gofundme. no sarcasm. people on twitter do that shit and those things blow up all the time. i saw a lady get 5 grand just asking for 150 bucks to get a jacket for a homeless guy. then she said she'd use the rest for more jackets, and then that was that. you think she spent all that on jackets?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby promethean75 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:55 am

I would steal before taking a handout like that. I reason thusly; any society in which people are forced to seek charity, is fundamentally flawed by design. It is okay to steal in a society that is fundamentally flawed.

On the other hand, I know another kind of society in which nobody would need or give charity, and where medical care would be the least of a person's problems.

This society, the one I'm in, falls woefully short of that ideal, and as such isn't to be taken seriously.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:28 am

i feel that. but look at it this way, if you get more than you need, then you stole...and you got what you needed. that suits both the take you've just given, and your need for what you need. a double whammy.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:30 am

so that motorcycle got stolen.

but then the insurance company said it was worth 6700 bucks. and i only paid 4500. then they refunded the remainder of the premiums for the policy, and the dmv is gonna refund most of the cost of the tag. so after the deductible, i basically got to ride it all summer, and then make a little over 2 grand.

nuts.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby promethean75 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:09 am

There are ways to justify stealing, but that argument you just made is not one of them.

Just left the emergency room again. But check it out. This one was a total freebee for them. I get there with the impression that I'll see a doctor shortly, and that I can convince him to give me another oxy prescription. So the nurse takes me in, does the vitals, and then tells me my wait might be a couple hours. I walk out. That was another $400 (for nothing).

Current outstanding balance is approx $2,100.00.

The only thing I have been given that has actually helped was six Percocet.

I have one left and I'm bout to pop it. Later today I'll go back to the emergency room and try again. This'll be my fifth visit.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:04 am

You can't wait a couple hours?

You would not be able to handle socialized medicine.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:08 am

_
All that (time and money), just to get some painkillers.. the medical-caregivers getting insane profit off the ill, is sick and perverse.. even with insurance? madness!
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:18 am

MagsJ wrote:_
All that (time and money), just to get some painkillers.. the medical-caregivers getting insane profit off the ill, is sick and perverse.. even with insurance? madness!

On the other hand, he just blew off $400 because he couldn't sit still for 2 hours.

In Canada, it would have been 10. To see some overworked immigrant who only took that shitty job because he or she had to escape some over-regulated shithole. Or is a drunk loser who couldn't cut it in the US.

Maybe if there weren't so many laws restricting access to medicine, he could just go to a pharmacy and buy it.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby promethean75 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:48 am

Lol but that's exactly right. I literally can't hold still unless I'm lying down, and even then I have to rotate sides every couple minutes. I can't sit, and if I stand I have to be walking, bit I can't walk for long.

The only other position that's bearable is kneeling down hunched forward (like a muslim prayer position).

Usually I can get a couple hours sleep right when the oxy kicks in, but I'm up again in a couple hours.

You think I'm kidding or exaggerating. Lol I should video this shit. I have never been or looked more pathetic, and the humiliation I am experiencing right now is enraging, though I cannot draw the strength to rage, and so finally defeated I falter, a broken man.

This couch is where I've been for the last two weeks roughly.

But no I can't hang out in that waiting room and I'm not lying on a gurney even if they offered. I've got principalities dude. A man's gotta have his principalities even if they mean his certain end.
Attachments
rsz_1rsz_img_20211014_063044865.jpg
rsz_1rsz_img_20211014_063044865.jpg (91.04 KiB) Viewed 29 times
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:50 am

promethean75 wrote:You think I'm kidding or exaggerating.

I don't. I just think you understand nothing about socialized medicine ERs.

Try telling one of those overworked bastards you are too good for a guerney, or that you are outraged.

Lolar.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby promethean75 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:51 am

"so that motorcycle got stolen."

Ur good tho if u made out with that money. Just get another one. Yood look pretty tight on a triumph street triple I think.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:59 am

True story:

I once broke my collar bone in three places after crashing into a guy's door who didn't look before opening it street-side.

So they take me to the ER, right? they look at the thing and tell me that, yeah, it's broken in three places, but since I don't have Quebec medical insurance card, I had to leave immediately. I asked if they could give me anything for the pain. They didn't bother answering, they knew it was a joke. I asked if they could give me some cheap sling to walk out. It took some convincing, but eventually they wrapped a single loop of bandage around my shoulder to rest my arm on.

Commie outrage is the funniest thing. You are outraged at the very thing you demanded.

Like this story about a chick that walks into a gun store in the US, buys a gun, and then gets "outraged" that they won't let her walk out with it. Throws a fit. One teller asks "you are a democrat, right?" She says "damn right!" and storms out.

Bunch of entitled children you all are.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:02 pm

Later I got the operation to get the steel bar installed, only way they said, but I had to pay out of pocket for it, prices that make what you have quoted laughable.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:10 pm

Oh, and you know I got stuck with that ambulance bill too.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby promethean75 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:10 pm

No ur right, the staff are overworked af. At 4 this morning there were six in the waiting room (lumpen proletariat; the welfare recipients that the working class pays for... emergency rooms are always full of em) and only one 'provider' or doctor or whatever.

Just like the Walmarts with only two registers open (when they got twenty) so they can keep the payroll down (at the customer's expense who's been in line for thirty min) the privatized hospitals do the same and keep the staff down. Better to make ten people wait three hours than put two more providers on the clock.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:14 pm

Lawl, only 6?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:16 pm

You would shoot yourself after a year of living in the kind of world you want to create.

Why would you shoot yourself?

Because you lived your whole life in a place that has resisted your type of idiocy for centuries and have been pampered.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby promethean75 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:28 pm

"Bunch of entitled children you all are."

That attitude might characterize some democrats and leftists and liberals of any variety, but it's not applicable to a bonafide Marxist.

The objection is raised, by the competent worker, against the contradictive nature of the way the economy is organized and what/how it produces. He does not object because he feels 'entitled' to get something for free (this is part of the right's 'myth of the left'), but because the capitalist mode of production and distribution is tremendously, tremendously inefficient in the case of health care, from the point of view of the worker, and for him. Deprivatizing that hospital would be the most logical thing for any worker to do, be he a salaried doctor or a broke construction worker. Neither of us need the owner(s) because we do all the work, see. It's that third party capitalist that makes no mathematical sense, and should be removed from the equation.
promethean75
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat