What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:41 am

Dan~ wrote:I just made some red tea with sugar and condensed milk.

a friend of mine has like 20 different kinds of tea bags and they're good but i dont understand them all
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:52 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Dan~ wrote:I just made some red tea with sugar and condensed milk.

a friend of mine has like 20 different kinds of tea bags and they're good but i dont understand them all

I’ve started making kombucha.. using Organic green and black tea and gluten-free yeast (instead of a scobi.. as I am uncertain if those bacterium are beneficial to me, because they always seem to not be).

It’s delicious :D
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:00 pm

0553FFC0-FAD7-4D20-9658-9BF539EF67F9.jpeg
0553FFC0-FAD7-4D20-9658-9BF539EF67F9.jpeg (36.74 KiB) Viewed 231 times

It’s beeping so well that I’ve lost a good part of my hearing and there’s no volume control so the entire town knows when I’m treasure hunting.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm

gonna drive up mt evans rd today. the highest paved rd in n america. will take a pic up there.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:36 pm

here's one from the other day.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210608-093441_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210608-093441_Gallery.jpg (151.64 KiB) Viewed 200 times

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby promethean75 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:10 am

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:44 pm

In a curious mood while fighting with fungus gnats.

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:49 pm

WendyDarling wrote:In a curious mood while fighting with fungus gnats.

you get some neem oil?

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:57 pm

pics from yesterday
Attachments
Screenshot_20210609-105419_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210609-105419_Gallery.jpg (189.2 KiB) Viewed 162 times
Screenshot_20210609-105407_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210609-105407_Gallery.jpg (215 KiB) Viewed 162 times
Screenshot_20210609-105355_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210609-105355_Gallery.jpg (134.68 KiB) Viewed 162 times

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:13 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:In a curious mood while fighting with fungus gnats.

you get some neem oil?

Yes, but the pre-mixed stuff doesn’t work so some concentrated oil was delivered today along with sticky traps. It’ll be all out war tomorrow. Die beasty MoFos!

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:28 am

put some potato slices down there too.

the idea is that they breed so fast that it's nearly impossible to get them all at once. you start by reducing their numbers with the potato chunks and by using the neem oil to make the plant taste yucky to them.

if you got pure neem oil, dilute it a bit for sure, but not too much. that'll get them to the potato where they'll get stuck and you can just throw them away outside or something. sticky traps same thing. they like to hide around the base of the plant so wrap the trunks with that sticky paper and that'll get a lot of them.

eventually you will have them down to just a few that you can squish. diligence is key here. if you let up on them for a day, they'll breed overnight and it'll get worse.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:46 am

_
A hydroponic herb company have set-up shop in my local mini-mart.. they grow the heritage/old strain plants in a specially-constructed hydroponic growth cabinet, and when they are big enough they are packaged up in brown paper cones.. complete with roots still attached, for maximum freshness. How novel.

Their mountain coriander was delicious.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:48 am

i usually buy a small rosemary bush and just chop the leaves off if i need rosemary

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:34 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:i usually buy a small rosemary bush and just chop the leaves off if i need rosemary

Yea, but these herbs are 100% heritage specie and pesticide-free/organic. I’ll pap the growing cabinet later, and upload it.. it looks futuristically insane.
MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:45 pm

The captain inspects the turret gun deck. All systems are operational.

https://streamable.com/23ynr5
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby encode_decode » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:42 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:pics from yesterday

You take good pics, Reasonable.

Thanks for sharing

I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:20 am

anytime. i just snap them with my phone.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:31 pm

Potato slices have been deployed but I think that the gnats have about killed everything I seeded.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:25 am

they'll do that if the plants are really small it may be best to just scrap them.

i'd start over with some sunlight to supplement the led, and by taping up any windows that may have a space that could allow even a tiny insect to sneak in.

another thing that you can do both as a preventative measure and if they come back is to keep a fan blowing directly on the plants. good air circulation does a few things. it makes it harder for them to land and a less desirable place to land with the wind blowing, it equalizes the humidity in the room so that you can have a better feel of if your room is dry or if it is damp, it prevents buildup of moisture around the plant which can lead to mildew and mold and all that stuff, it blows off any heat that's coming down from the lights which can sometimes make the plants too warm...aaaaand...it'll make smaller plants work harder and earlier on in their lives toward building a soild trunk since they feel like they might get blown over. they dont want to be blown over, so if they're in a strong wind they will tend to develop as sturdier earlier on which helps them all the way to harvest, not just in surviving but in yield as well.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:28 am

thrips, aphids, spider mites and fungus gnats are the mortal enemy of gardeners. throw a few ladybugs in there and they'll eat at least some of the other bugs.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Sculptor » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:52 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:thrips, aphids, spider mites and fungus gnats are the mortal enemy of gardeners. throw a few ladybugs in there and they'll eat at least some of the other bugs.

https://ourworld.unu.edu/en/bee-harming ... -in-europe

There must be better ways to limit the gardeners enemies, than poison.
Sculptor
Thinker

Postby Sculptor » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:55 am

FInishing my pint of Indian tea with semiskimmed milk, and farting.
Sculptor
Thinker

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:43 pm

Returned from treasure hunting empty handed. Next time, going solo and early in the morning.

Mr., placed 7 of the 11 pots outside to let the sun burn up those damn gnats. Trying to salvage 4 plants that are still more alive than dead.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:20 am

make sure not to over water. it's ok for the soil to seem dry. make those roots work for it and they'll grow stronger. if the leaves are drying in direct sun, indirect sun is probably fine. also if you mist them with a bottle, get one that has a fine sprayer because big water droplets on a leaf can act as a magnifier and burn the leaf.
Last edited by Mr Reasonable on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:22 am

Sculptor wrote:FInishing my pint of Indian tea with semiskimmed milk, and farting.

maybe skip the milk or go non dairy like some oat milk or something

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat