Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

Postby Maia » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:56 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Ethereal music sounds lovely. Is there any regular music to compare it with...somewhat?

It was like a flute, on the wind.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby Maia » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:59 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
Maia wrote:
When I heard the voice I knew it wasn't coming from a physical person. I also smelt things that couldn't have been there, and heard ethereal music too. All very weird.

Are you interested in or have you tried to share such experiences with another pagan practitioner, in a combined effort to bring forth sublime experiences?

When I've been involved with group rituals it has never been anywhere near as powerful.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:02 pm

Maia,

You’re communicating right now.

I have access to this world.

I don’t want to sound like some charlatan...

You are the center of you. Don’t give that up.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Maia » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:08 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Maia,

I think we all have access to it.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:15 pm

Maia wrote:

Wow. Now you’re getting into slightly more complicated.

We all have silent witnesses ... some people have spirits that are extremely forceful with them because of their openness ... If you’re hearing voices, you’re dealing with those types of spirits. Now, if it’s worked out well for you so far... I think that’s great.

I’m just trying to state that this doesn’t always work out well for people when these receptors of the brain are open.

I’m sure you remember what it was like just to think without voices (all of us do). It’s beautiful.

If you have problems while you navigate these types of experiences, don’t hesitate to post them.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Maia » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:20 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Maia wrote:

Wow. Now you’re getting into slightly more complicated.

We all have silent witnesses ... some people have spirits that are extremely forceful with them because of their openness ... If you’re hearing voices, you’re dealing with those types of spirits. Now, if it’s worked out well for you so far... I think that’s great.

I’m just trying to state that this doesn’t always work out well for people when these receptors of the brain are open.

I’m sure you remember what it was like just to think without voices (all of us do). It’s beautiful.

If you have problems while you navigate these types of experiences, don’t hesitate to post them.

I only tend to have experiences like that at ancient sacred sites such as a stone circles.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:22 pm

Fairy rings work well too.

It’s when trees grow in circles.

Regardless...

If they bother you, call upon spirits like me.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Maia » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:25 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Fairy rings work well too.

Regardless...

They don't bother me at all. I seek out such experiences.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 pm

Maia wrote:

Regardless...

It’s an open offer.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Maia » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Maia wrote:

Regardless...

It’s an open offer.

Ok thanks.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:15 am

Maia wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Maia wrote:
When I heard the voice I knew it wasn't coming from a physical person. I also smelt things that couldn't have been there, and heard ethereal music too. All very weird.

Are you interested in or have you tried to share such experiences with another pagan practitioner, in a combined effort to bring forth sublime experiences?

When I've been involved with group rituals it has never been anywhere near as powerful.

Have you tried with only one other pagan?

Larger groups may make it more difficult to harmonize energies and a precise intent.

Do pagans touch one another to hone/share energy?
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Maia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:24 am

WendyDarling wrote:
Have you tried with only one other pagan?

Larger groups may make it more difficult to harmonize energies and a precise intent.

Do pagans touch one another to hone/share energy?

I've never tried it with just one other person.

Pagans sometimes touch each other in ritual, depending on the style of ritual. Wiccans often hold hands while circling round, for example.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby FreeSpirit1983 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:33 am

Maia wrote:If so, can you describe it to me in detail?

Sure. I've had a few.

In August of 2016, I was an atheist laying in bed wide awake and felt this overhelming presence enter my room. It was horrible. It felt like I had a panic attack from basically 12 AM to 8 AM. I almost went to the hospital but decided against it. I kept walking to the bathroom and going back to bed, completely out of sorts.

The next night, it was still attacking me. I prayed and it went away. The next day, I was changed. I felt out of sorts for weeks, though. I went to the doctor and got a physical a month later and everything was fine. All blood work was normal. I have no mental health issues. I started going back to Church the next month.

The malevolent spirit kept coming back and I kept praying. It was like a 20 minute battle usually. It was amazing because I could feel the power of God in a visceral way. I'd be laying in bed at Midnight and could feel this thing enter my room. It was like a cold presence and my heart would start beating fast. It came back 50-100 times from August 2016 to October 2019.

The last night was October 2019. I had just met with my priest spiritual adviser and felt the spirit come at me at Midnight. I had a bottle of holy water and kept saying "in the name of Jesus, get out" and threw the holy water. It was an hour battle. It was really strong. I think it brought some of his evil friends with him.

I've only told 3 people about this. One former atheist and now pastor said it was a case of "demonic oppression." I'm 100% certain it was real. I started reading stories about Exorcisms and this was something like that, although I was never posessed.

I now have rock solid faith in Christanity :)
"Pray, hope and don't worry."

- Saint Padre Pio
FreeSpirit1983
Thinker

Postby FreeSpirit1983 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:37 am

Maia wrote:

Regardless...

You may get possessed. I would stay away and convert to Catholicism ASAP.

- Saint Padre Pio
FreeSpirit1983
Thinker

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:40 am

FS,

You can’t save a drowning person until you can swim.

There are more people who can swim than Jesus.

It’s all about spirits and not religion.

You’re not actually a Christian ... you’re someone Jesus helped.

Don’t get the two confused. It’ll block you spiritually.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby FreeSpirit1983 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:45 am

Ecmandu wrote:FS,

I can be both.

We need the sacraments that Jesus established, especially the Eucharist.

You're playing a dangerous spiritual game. I'll pray for you.

- Saint Padre Pio
FreeSpirit1983
Thinker

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:53 am

FreeSpirit1983 wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:FS,

I can be both.

We need the sacraments that Jesus established, especially the Eucharist.

You're playing a dangerous spiritual game. I'll pray for you.

Nobody knows what a Christian is. Only Jesus knows that. Nobody else. I don’t want your prayer for just me, I want your prayer for everyone.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:46 am

FreeSpirit1983 wrote:

Sure. I've had a few.

In August of 2016, I was an atheist laying in bed wide awake and felt this overhelming presence enter my room. It was horrible. It felt like I had a panic attack from basically 12 AM to 8 AM. I almost went to the hospital but decided against it. I kept walking to the bathroom and going back to bed, completely out of sorts.

The next night, it was still attacking me. I prayed and it went away. The next day, I was changed. I felt out of sorts for weeks, though. I went to the doctor and got a physical a month later and everything was fine. All blood work was normal. I have no mental health issues. I started going back to Church the next month.

The malevolent spirit kept coming back and I kept praying. It was like a 20 minute battle usually. It was amazing because I could feel the power of God in a visceral way. I'd be laying in bed at Midnight and could feel this thing enter my room. It was like a cold presence and my heart would start beating fast. It came back 50-100 times from August 2016 to October 2019.

The last night was October 2019. I had just met with my priest spiritual adviser and felt the spirit come at me at Midnight. I had a bottle of holy water and kept saying "in the name of Jesus, get out" and threw the holy water. It was an hour battle. It was really strong. I think it brought some of his evil friends with him.

I've only told 3 people about this. One former atheist and now pastor said it was a case of "demonic oppression." I'm 100% certain it was real. I started reading stories about Exorcisms and this was something like that, although I was never posessed.

Were you woken up at midnight usually or were you already awake then most times? What did its presence feel like? What did it do to you specifically? Why was it able to return and torment you for so long after your faith returned?
Could your fear have made you think it was evil? How did it make you sin?
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Maia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:22 am

FreeSpirit1983 wrote:

Sure. I've had a few.

Why do bad spirits seem to latch onto Christians?
Maia
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:31 pm

Maia wrote:
FreeSpirit1983 wrote:

Sure. I've had a few.

Why do bad spirits seem to latch onto Christians?

The church says it’s due to them being close to God and Jesus, that makes them the only important people to torment since they are the only people who will escape Hell, the demon’s home. Demons attack to drive the believer to sin, trying to sever the believers closeness to divinity.

If you read thorough descriptions of demonic oppression, millions upon millions of people, both believers and non believers have signs of demonic oppression(not to be confused with possession). However, non believers live without understanding the nature of their torment, so they do not call out the cause publicly, instead accepting their agonizing reality as their poor health or luck.

How was my summation, FS?
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Maia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:35 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
The church says it’s due to them being close to God and Jesus, that makes them the only important people to torment since they are the only people who will escape Hell, the demon’s home. Demons attack to drive the believer to sin, trying to sever the believers closeness to divinity.

If you read thorough descriptions of demonic oppression, millions upon millions of people, both believers and non believers have signs of demonic oppression(not to be confused with possession). However, non believers live without understanding the nature of their torment, so they do not call out the cause publicly, instead accepting their agonizing reality as their poor health or luck.

How was my summation, FS?

I think it's all to do with energies. Positivity attracts positivity, and negativity attracts negativity.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby FreeSpirit1983 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:19 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
FreeSpirit1983 wrote:

Sure. I've had a few.

Were you woken up at midnight usually or were you already awake then most times? What did its presence feel like? What did it do to you specifically? Why was it able to return and torment you for so long after your faith returned?
Could your fear have made you think it was evil? How did it make you sin?

I was almost always awake at Midnight. I was a true night owl. It's presence felt like cold evil; it's hard to describe. If you read the lives of the saints like Padre Pio, they were attacked by evil spirits for decades.

Jesus was an exorcist, too. It's in the Gospels.

God uses them to test humans to choose God or not. I wasn't afraid after I started praying.

It didn't cause me to sin; I did that on my own. :)

- Saint Padre Pio
FreeSpirit1983
Thinker

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:14 pm

Maia,

Again you are correct.

If you’re a negative spirit, you attract negativity.

Positive spirits attract positivity.

The question then is “what is positive or negative?”

The answer is that consent violation is negative.

No demon wants their consent to be violated. Actually, nobody does.

I don’t want to get into a long thing about this, other than to say, a good omnipotent creator of all doesn’t torment anyone.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:44 pm

Maia wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Ghost, UFO? Nope, not a one.

On the other hand, I believe it is important to make a distinction between things like ghosts and UFO.

Seeing a ghost [or believing in them] is one way of convincing yourself that life after death is the real deal. Unidentified Flying Objects on the other hand does not suggest that at all. After all, if there is intelligent life on other worlds, it's not out of the question that they might have found us. Nothing "supernatural" at all about that.

On the other hand, given the staggering distances involved....

Light travels at approximately 186,000 miles a second. That is about 6,000,000,000,000 miles a year.
The closest star to us is Alpha Centauri. It is 4.75 light-years away. 28,500,000,000,000 miles.
So, traveling at 186,000 miles a second, it would take us 4.75 years to reach it. The voyager spacecraft [just now exiting our solar system] will take 70,000 years to reach it.
To reach the center of the Milky Way galaxy it would take 100,000 light-years.
Or consider this:
"To get to the closest galaxy to ours, the Canis Major Dwarf, at Voyager's speed, it would take approximately 749,000,000 years to travel the distance of 25,000 light years! If we could travel at the speed of light, it would still take 25,000 years!" nasa

...it would be quite an accomplishment.

Strange things?

Not really strange. Well, to the best of my recollection.

But here's the thing...

It's one thing to have seen or heard or felt or experienced something strange, and another thing altogether to demonstrate to others that it was in fact the real deal.

Especially if its existence might have importance consequences for others.

Ghosts may be many things, other than spirits of the dead.

From the dictionary:

Ghost: "an apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image."

Please note some examples of the many other things they can be.

Also, given that you have been blind from birth, it just struck me that you started this thread not in order to discuss the existence of such things as ghosts, but in order to engage those who have seen one and are able to describe them for you visually. As though you yourself have experienced the presense of a ghost in other ways but were not able to see it.

Maia wrote: UFOs also seem to fall into the same category of apparitions, judging by the strangeness of most of the reports.

Yes, for many reasons -- mental afflictions, drugs, hallucinations -- someone might claim to have seen a UFO that wasn't really there at all. But, while, from my frame of mind here and now, in not believing in an afterlife, the existence of ghosts is not true, others who believe that it is true either are able or not able to demonstrate to me that they are the real deal.

What people believe in their head about things is not nearly as important as what they can in fact prove empirically, materially, phenomenally is the real deal.

But that's just me.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Maia » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:04 pm

iambiguous wrote:From the dictionary:

Ghost: "an apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image."

Please note some examples of the many other things they can be.

Also, given that you have been blind from birth, it just struck me that you started this thread not in order to discuss the existence of such things as ghosts, but in order to engage those who have seen one and are able to describe them for you visually. As though you yourself have experienced the presense of a ghost in other ways but were not able to see it.

Maia wrote: UFOs also seem to fall into the same category of apparitions, judging by the strangeness of most of the reports.

Yes, for many reasons -- mental afflictions, drugs, hallucinations -- someone might claim to have seen a UFO that wasn't really there at all. But, while, from my frame of mind here and now, in not believing in an afterlife, the existence of ghosts is not true, others who believe that it is true either are able or not able to demonstrate to me that they are the real deal.

What people believe in their head about things is not nearly as important as what they can in fact prove empirically, materially, phenomenally is the real deal.

But that's just me.

A ghost, for example. might be a spirit that has never been a living person, or a thought-form. Whether this would be a "ghost" in the dictionary sense is less important than the manifestation itself.

Yes, that's correct. I started this thread to ask for visual descriptions of ghosts and other strange phenomena, since I've had unusual experiences myself of a non-visual nature. In particular, disembodied voices, sounds and smells.
Maia
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology and Mind