Why is everything so boring?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Maia wrote:Hunting with guns sounds like really good fun. I think I'll make some enquiries.

Don't even think about it.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:35 am

Maia wrote:Just can't seem to find enthusiasm for anything at all lately.

Maybe you are closer to your actual desires. I don't know how Corona has affected you, but it might have led to more isolation which might have led to being in more contact with yourself, which might have led to you noticing that you really want things that you really value, whatever that is. Boredom is hard. It seems like a luxury problem, compared say to starvation, but I think it is actually much more severe than it seems. It eats at the soul. I find that I am often facing a choice between slightly interesting things, that are really distractions, and an experience of the void...that is nothing. That there isn't the deep whatever experience or option I really want on the table, as far as I can see. For me this has intensified lately. I am not in lockdown, so my situation is not very influenced by Corona, though it is 'in the air' as part of the compression everyone is feeling, adding stress and unknown fears
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3625
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Berkley Babes » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:22 pm

Entertain her!
User avatar
Berkley Babes
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:18 pm
Location: The Virtuplex

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Berkley Babes wrote:Entertain her!

That’s given me a thought.. perhaps it’s more difficult to be entertained, or be fully entertained, if you’re blind.

The deaf suffer with that malaise too, with that of an unquenchable level of boredom.

Perhaps socio/community undertakings, is the only way forward, and can lead to other things.. as that is the nature of socialising.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 22074
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Maia » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:06 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Berkley Babes wrote:Entertain her!

That’s given me a thought.. perhaps it’s more difficult to be entertained, or be fully entertained, if you’re blind.

The deaf suffer with that malaise too, with that of an unquenchable level of boredom.

Perhaps socio/community undertakings, is the only way forward, and can lead to other things.. as that is the nature of socialising.


Yes, I'm sure you're right.
User avatar
Maia
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am
Location: UK

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Meno_ » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:12 pm

With one sense absent, I have heard, other senses compensate. The blind is said to have a far greater appreciation in quality if heading, with both missing, -sight and sound, the scent and touch of life are enhanced.

They say this, but the missing sense gives only relative of levels of appreciation. A person , who never did have sight, misses this. Only the person who has had sight at some point, can attest to this.

Could You, Maia comment on it? Thanks. Have You always lacked sight?

Does music affect You so that , it has always been an important part of Your life?
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8636
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Maia » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:37 pm

Meno_ wrote:With one sense absent, I have heard, other senses compensate. The blind is said to have a far greater appreciation in quality if heading, with both missing, -sight and sound, the scent and touch of life are enhanced.

They say this, but the missing sense gives only relative of levels of appreciation. A person , who never did have sight, misses this. Only the person who has had sight at some point, can attest to this.

Could You, Maia comment on it? Thanks. Have You always lacked sight?

Does music affect You so that , it has always been an important part of Your life?


Yes, I was born completely blind.

Music has certainly always been an important part of my life, but I think that's true of a very large number of people. I agree, though, that other senses compensate. I'm pretty good at echolocation, for example. I can judge the position of objects ahead of me, the size of rooms I'm in, and so on, by clicking my tongue a few times. I also rely on my sense of smell a lot.
User avatar
Maia
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am
Location: UK

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Meno_ » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:25 pm

Maia wrote:
Meno_ wrote:With one sense absent, I have heard, other senses compensate. The blind is said to have a far greater appreciation in quality if heading, with both missing, -sight and sound, the scent and touch of life are enhanced.

They say this, but the missing sense gives only relative of levels of appreciation. A person , who never did have sight, misses this. Only the person who has had sight at some point, can attest to this.

Could You, Maia comment on it? Thanks. Have You always lacked sight?

Does music affect You so that , it has always been an important part of Your life?


Yes, I was born completely blind.

Music has certainly always been an important part of my life, but I think that's true of a very large number of people. I agree, though, that other senses compensate. I'm pretty good at echolocation, for example. I can judge the position of objects ahead of me, the size of rooms I'm in, and so on, by clicking my tongue a few times. I also rely on my sense of smell a lot.




Thanks for the inform, leading the way to the idea that pre-natal , states do not equal a blank slate, the mothers'feelings transferred and conjoined with the embrio do not disqualify from a clean slate, phenomenally absent projection.

At what stage do these primary impressions start? My personally belief is , that it happens at the moment of fertilization.

The religious coin it as " Sanctity of Life"

In that round, geneticists win the battle over behaviorists.
Last edited by Meno_ on Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8636
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:30 pm

It takes two to tango.

Maia needs to step out of her comfort zone, which she refuses to do, and then complains about it?
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby MagsJ » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:30 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:It takes two to tango.

Maia needs to step out of her comfort zone, which she refuses to do, and then complains about it?

Urwrong, do you want to tango with Maia? lol

Procreation is not a permanent solution to her dilemma though, as that would be more like putting a plaster over an open wound.. so a short term solution, to a long term problem.

Perhaps then, she needs a long-term relationship, not a short-term tryst?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 22074
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:58 pm

https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publicat ... 070209.htm

I'm not saying you HAVE to hunt lol. But just, don't ever let anyone tell you what you can or can't do.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 9232
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:59 pm

And then politely walk away.
User avatar
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ
 
Posts: 9232
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:55 am

MagsJ wrote:Urwrong, do you want to tango with Maia? lol

Procreation is not a permanent solution to her dilemma though, as that would be more like putting a plaster over an open wound.. so a short term solution, to a long term problem.

Perhaps then, she needs a long-term relationship, not a short-term tryst?

We have to pass the time one way rather than another
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby MagsJ » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:35 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:We have to pass the time one way rather than another

..this new phase of the lockdown is tempting people to do just that, in the boredom of loneliness starting to make people consider such things..

The birth-rate might even rise in the West.. it probably has already.. Paloma Faith can vouch for that. :P
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 22074
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Destiny » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:58 pm

Maia wrote:Just can't seem to find enthusiasm for anything at all lately.

I had the same until I found a man who is more educated than myself. Now I am never bored. Educated men are fun.
what if you hate you
User avatar
Destiny
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: "San Fransisco"

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby MagsJ » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:46 pm

_
The second I get bored my mind occupies itself with thoughts, to distract me away from boredom..
might have something to do with my mother telling me to go kill myself, whenever I told her I was bored,
she would say.. if you’re bored go kill yourself.. I (obviously) found something to do. :lol:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 22074
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:04 am

Never, ever, ever say life is boring ...

Hell, by definition, is NEVER boring!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11741
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Meno_ » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:04 am

You may work it contrary , for someone said a time ago that hell is full of fun, it is heaven that is dreary.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8636
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby unnatural » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:41 am

I don't know...maybe it's because you were bored when you wrote this.
User avatar
unnatural
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:08 am

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Destiny » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:44 am

Ecmandu wrote:Never, ever, ever say life is boring ...

Hell, by definition, is NEVER boring!

Lucky you.
what if you hate you
User avatar
Destiny
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:53 pm
Location: "San Fransisco"

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby gib » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:01 am

Maia wrote:Just can't seem to find enthusiasm for anything at all lately.


That just comes with age.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

Did you hear about the restaurant on the Moon? Great food, no atmosphere.
-- Alastor the radio demon

Why can't you hear a psychiatrist using the bathroom? Because the P is silent.
-- Alastor the radio demon

Did you hear about the guy who invented the knock knock joke? He won the no bell prize.
-- Alastor the radio demon
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9096
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:52 am

gib wrote:
Maia wrote:Just can't seem to find enthusiasm for anything at all lately.


That just comes with age.



Or, everything is too predictable or, totally unexpected.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8636
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:24 pm

_
A deep boredom descended upon me, in the early hours of this morning..
I managed to shake it off by dawn, but for those few hours I felt awfully lacklustre.

I really don’t want to ever feel like that again. :|
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 22074
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:13 pm

I find frequent and violent masturbation with plenty of lubrication does the trick to keep me awake. Porn is evil and decreases IQ so I always remain a loyal and healthy Aryan and stroke to fantasies of healthy, neo-nazi, blonde Germanic females working in a field, occasionally stripped to a plough instead of a horse as Uncle Hitler was a SUPER-EMPATH and loved animals and banned horse farming.
Kvasirs Mexican gay lover(writing about a need of committing a genocide on 99 percent whites and all non-whites as a Mexican mestizo himself):
And if they are not good, what could be wrong with the genocidal fantasy in my ‘Dies Irae’, published in Day of Wrath, with a vindictive Star Child calling home 500 million Caucasoids (and of course, all non-whites, including Jews) to, ironically, make sure that Dave Lane’s words be fulfilled with the remaining Aryans?.
My step-dads schizophrenic diagnosis:
I see a disease taking over....I will not stay silent. I will do what I can, when I can.
If we do not stand then we shall fall....and the enemy will win.

Remember: the world will end, all there is that is left is to fly between Canada and Greece and have barbecues and drink vodka before you wake up at 40 and remember to have a son who will be 30 when you are 70 and whos children will be 20 when you are 90. paGAYn as fuck.
Image
User avatar
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1550
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:47 am

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Meno_ » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:07 am

Much, much more is the approach to meta philosophical deconstruction toward an insolvent absolute. It really boggles the mind that a recursion to metaphysical absolutism can not parallel physical simulation.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8636
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron