Personality Models

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Personality Models

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:33 am

im a little disappointed that this thread didnt immediately become all about me once i posted in it
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Personality Models

Postby Bob » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:40 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:im a little disappointed that this thread didnt immediately become all about me once i posted in it

That is a true observation. People who are obsessed with these personality tests often think it is about them. There are other uses though, besides introspection, which, apparently, several large companies in America encourage their staff to do. There is also personality development, by which you investigate aspects of your personality that haven't been discovered yet, or investigating why you keep on falling to the same routine in life instead of reaching out.

I’ve heard of authors using the types as characters in their stories, which enables to get more realistic characters, with a bit more depth than if you just make up someone. I've even done the groundwork myself, but not had the spark to get all of those figures moving. There are web-sites with lists of characters who have which personality types, although that seems to be more for fun than anything else.
The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
Is the wisdom of humility: humility is endless.
TS Eliot
Bob
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind