The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:40 pm

Lol, no. Regardless of what you may think, I'm not a rabble rouser.

MagsJ wrote:as well as being all-round annoying with their constant prodding and poking of me, which was when it became sayonara time.. for them.

I'm sure, if we did give the object of my madness a chance, she might say something along these lines about me.

MagsJ wrote:I always think it best to err on the side of caution,

Actually, me too.

God bless you too MagsJ! May neither of us ever be homeless or look it (again, in my case)!
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:13 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Lol, no. Regardless of what you may think, I'm not a rabble rouser.

I didn’t think anything about you (I don’t formulate preconceived ideas about others in my head.. it’s just the way my mind has always been), I was just wondering if you were being solely judged on appearance, i.e. untidy V neat?

Pedro I Rengel wrote:I'm sure, if we did give the object of my madness a chance, she might say something along these lines about me.

I wouldn’t doubt that one bit.. my conversation partner did indeed feel the same way about me too.. but they started it. :P

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Actually, me too.

God bless you too MagsJ! May neither of us ever be homeless or look it (again, in my case)!

The more erring, the better..

:lol: ..I’m not averse to exhibiting a dressed-down appearance these (COVID-19) days, but I’ve noticed that there’s definitely less of a judgementalness about it because of that, so you’d probably fare better in a mall.. unruly-looking or otherwise.

Yes, let’s never be homeless.. :D lol
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Meno_ » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:17 am

Thank God I live in California and still have my car, to live in,
and that is the bottom line, believe it or not!
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:35 am

_
You are living out of your car, in California?

At least it’s eternally warm out, huh..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:08 am

MagsJ wrote:_
You are living out of your car, in California?

At least it’s eternally warm out, huh..

No, not quite, yet, I said that is the bottom line-
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:37 am

_
I hope I wasn’t preempting anything.

I awoke, but don’t know why.. then my cat decided to move far too close to me, so as to become an annoyance, and I chased him out of the room.. with my protests. :D
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:41 am

_
Not that it’s overly late or anything, but I was going over an acquaintance’s website for him, and awoke 3 hours later at 11 at night.. I’d fallen asleep. lol

I guess Monday’s short intense workout and a couple of sun-salutations each morning, is enough to take it out of a person.. I guess I better get used to having to rest them off..

Going over my “test results (and more!)“ that I took earlier..

94F91104-E24A-4EEF-9905-4E3243FA59C1.jpeg
94F91104-E24A-4EEF-9905-4E3243FA59C1.jpeg (52.08 KiB) Viewed 512 times
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:13 am

_
..an urge, to head towards the bathroom.

I think it has magic powers.. drawing itself to me.. intuition?

Nah! I just needed the toilet.
MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:14 am

Well it's Friday, who gives a hoot?

I might make myself some coffee right now. Live dangerously.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:51 am

_
..and Danger be your new name, Pedro/my friend.
_
I’m up.. coz I fell asleep on the sofa, around 11pm.. with the cat, and awoke, so as to take myself up to bathroom and bed, and now hydrating with bottled H2O mineral water..

Back to sleep, for me. Nite folks..
MagsJ

Postby Mowk » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:05 am

Swimming mind. Like laps in a pool. Not exercise. To keep from drowning. I don't float in non-salted waters. BMI? Make what ever leftard insult you wish of it. Then hold my head under water some more.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:56 pm

_
Re: Pedro's Corner
Postby MagsJ » Wed 04 Nov, 2020 12:06

I had crashed by 9 or so.. woke at 7.30, had breakfast, and got washed and dressed.. all by 8.20, and was out the door to head off to a political rendezvous at HO. I’m not usually that quick. :D

__
..and that is why I instinctually woke up at 7am.. because my phone and iPad batteries went uncharged and so died, and so with no digital alarm clock to wake me up, my physical one kicked-in instead, to ensure that I got to somewhere that I desperately had to be..
MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:32 am

I dunno, I slept for about an hour, awoke and now just feel sort of unsettled. My trading has been going well and I think that might be it. Cataclysms seem to feed me somehow.

I gotta find something destructive in my life.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:37 am

Played chess.

Feel a lot better now.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:37 am

I think on demand online chess is the greatest achievement of mankind.

I have more chess experience than all of the Soviet masters combined.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:56 pm

Oh my gawd, a light night coffee, is it wise?

I'm outta cigars.

Fuck it, I'm going for it.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:18 am

My gambling has gotten out of hand, been loosing , and it's been keeping me up. On retrospect, there are benifits to loising, for it's antidote to such things like why does my old car not start the 4th time in a few weeks , and now I will not have money to fix it. That has benefits , for getting exercise
with sports club closed offers this option.

So may be, it is the best of all worlds after all.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Hey Meno_, not joking, there's always rehab.

Shit works.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:52 pm

Sell that clunker and get your self checked in.

The benefit of rehab vis a vis Gambling Anonymous is that with rehab you still join the cult, but you only join it for a few years and then you're cured.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:19 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Sell that clunker and get your self checked in.

The benefit of rehab vis a vis Gambling Anonymous is that with rehab you still join the cult, but you only join it for a few years and then you're cured.

Been there done that, exceeding limits was a mistake. But then so is other vices. But thanks Pedro.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:21 pm

Hey not a problem man. If you're breathing you can do it again. I didn't get clean the first time neither.

Any time.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:37 pm

I won't go on about this because I know it gets fucking annoying.

But if you do check yourself in and let me know where or send word to me, you have my solemn promise that I will move heaven and earth to go visit. I'm pming you my email.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:53 am

_
I crashed, but did not burn..

Breakfast?

Too soon?

Dunno..

Thinking about it..

I’ll see. :-k
MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:24 am

I'm getting a burger as soon as one is available for sale.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:42 pm

_
Cheese? Any fries with that? Can you tell I once worked at a burger joint..? aha!

Finally ready to get up, after falling back to sleep.

..and in my semi-awake/sleep state, I dreamt..
My cat appeared at the foot of the stairs with two miniature versions of himself
All three looking identical, save for size, with the exact same markings and expressions on their face
They had the same look of expectation of being fed too, but they’d have to wait, as I had 101 things to also do
An hour later they finally got fed, eating serenely, but how they got fed I do not know

The End
MagsJ

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology and Mind