The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

Postby phoneutria » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:39 am

demons
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:03 am

MagsJ wrote:_
Starving.. an early breakfast is more than likely,
then back to sleep, atop the electric blanket.
_
Feeling a bit zapped from a long stroll around the ends
with a political pal, good thing my next workout isn’t until
Monday.. not feeling too bad otherwise. Endurance, increasing. :D

Ooh, I’ll be up to see the dawn.. it’s been a while.

Edited to add: I was up to see the dawn..

Nice pic. Sunrise is THE BEST with all the possibilities it brings.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:06 am

Meno_ wrote:Thank God I live in California and still have my car, to live in,
and that is the bottom line, believe it or not!

That made me laugh, though I hope it’s not your reality.

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:10 am

phoneutria wrote:been waking up multiple times a night
drenched in sweat
with jaw pain
and heartburn

Sounds horrible. Better now?

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby phoneutria » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:16 am

no
phoneutria

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:19 am

phoneutria wrote:no

Nightmares?

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby phoneutria » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:15 am

at least i dont remember most
phoneutria

Postby Mr J » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:10 am

I work night shift.
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:21 pm

same, and I've been addicted to watching this Election Fraud since November, it's amazing to see the full corruption of the US Government on public display and wide-open

Never has Zero-Sum's philosophical positions been more validated than 2020.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:23 pm

phoneutria wrote:demons

Need an exorcism, darling??
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:43 pm

phoneutria wrote:at least i dont remember most

My unasked for recommendations are to eat a couple of cookies with a small glass of milk right before you lay down then right before that read 20 min. worth of Harry Potter’s book series. No late suppers after 6 pm to curb acid reflux. The jaw pain might be from teeth clenching/grinding due to the upsetting dreams and general stress but the small sweet treat and positive read should help you generate happier, contented ideas to mull over as you fall asleep. Can’t hurt to try my unasked for recommendation.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Mr J » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:04 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:same, and I've been addicted to watching this Election Fraud since November, it's amazing to see the full corruption of the US Government on public display and wide-open

Never has Zero-Sum's philosophical positions been more validated than 2020.

It's fun seeing all the new kids on the block talking about the collapse of the United States and western civilization when I've been literally talking about it for decades, they look so cute, especially the ones that want you to buy their books.
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:18 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
My unasked for recommendations are to eat a couple of cookies with a small glass of milk right before you lay down then right before that read 20 min. worth of Harry Potter’s book series. No late suppers after 6 pm to curb acid reflux. The jaw pain might be from teeth clenching/grinding due to the upsetting dreams and general stress but the small sweet treat and positive read should help you generate happier, contented ideas to mull over as you fall asleep. Can’t hurt to try my unasked for recommendation.

I’m not sure that milk and cookies are a good idea to have just before lying down, for someone with acid reflux.. they are more likely to aggravate rather than dissipate, the problem.

Better to sip on water, a ginger tea, or a detox tea, nightly.. I highly recommend the detox tea option, as it’s what Physicians recommend for the ailment, and it worked for me beautifully.. though the two other options work too, but less well, and are less permanent solutions. I am now a life-long detoxer, for the rest of my life.. coz it works.

I read yesterday, that the number one thing to avoid when you have acid reflux or heartburn is to avoid becoming constipated, of which a good cleansing detox tea will help with, and immediately. I used to drink the stuff years ago, and never had GI problems, and I don’t know why I stopped #-o but now yea, I’m back on the stuff.. for life.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:10 am

Zero_Sum wrote:It's fun seeing all the new kids on the block talking about the collapse of the United States and western civilization when I've been literally talking about it for decades, they look so cute, especially the ones that want you to buy their books.

I'd sooner use the book a Millennial write for fire kindling... might be a comedic and funny read though
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:23 am

MagsJ wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:

I’m not sure that milk and cookies are a good idea to have just before lying down, for someone with acid reflux.. they are more likely to aggravate rather than dissipate, the problem.

Better to sip on water, a ginger tea, or a detox tea, nightly.. I highly recommend the detox tea option, as it’s what Physicians recommend for the ailment, and it worked for me beautifully.. though the two other options work too, but less well, and are less permanent solutions. I am now a life-long detoxer, for the rest of my life.. coz it works.

I read yesterday, that the number one thing to avoid when you have acid reflux or heartburn is to avoid becoming constipated, of which a good cleansing detox tea will help with, and immediately. I used to drink the stuff years ago, and never had GI problems, and I don’t know why I stopped #-o but now yea, I’m back on the stuff.. for life.

Two cookies and a small glass of milk are to be eaten when there hasn’t been a late, acidic, somewhat gluttonous meal after 6 pm which was what the recommendation called for, eat supper before 6 pm. Neither milk nor cookies eaten in moderation causes acid reflux, only upsetting for the lactose intolerant. Also people relax more and fall asleep quicker when they have something in their stomach, more than only liquids. If you like tea and a couple cookies or half a peanut butter sandwich or half that crazy sandwich you make, Phone. Whatever, a little something solid and sweet.

WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:35 am

_
Sure, but it depends how bad the symptom is.

I’m sure an Individual will do what they think best,
in relation to how bad/often their symptom is occurring.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:40 pm

I have a marvelous way to work the symptoms, try a drastic change of you're life , and I mean drastic, to reverse the eating habit by consuming more at night, dieting during the day.

And of course sleeping during waking hours and live for the night-life.

Symptoms will melt away like butter. I've tried it and it does a soul good.
Meno_
breathless

Postby Mr J » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:07 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:
Zero_Sum wrote:It's fun seeing all the new kids on the block talking about the collapse of the United States and western civilization when I've been literally talking about it for decades, they look so cute, especially the ones that want you to buy their books.

I'd sooner use the book a Millennial write for fire kindling... might be a comedic and funny read though

I'm a first generation of those pesky millenials just so you know. 8)

Nah, it's the boomers or their boomer kids [grand children also] in charge of the grift nowadays.
Mr J
Special Commisar Joker

Postby Meno_ » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:35 pm

cmorning.can'tmorning.can't sleep thinking about the below Darwin forum, I guess intelligence is hard not to repress in the night, it may work wonders to help the genetically progression overcome any sense of appearent weakness of fitting survival genetic deficits.

Got to edit in the am, for the mind is willing but the body slow to arouss!
Meno_
breathless

Postby MagsJ » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:02 am

_
..not sure why, but I’m thinking of breakfasting already.

Eggs n corfee, mmmmm
MagsJ

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind