Why sex needs to be stigmatized

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Why sex needs to be stigmatized

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:10 am

Lorikeet wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Maths in mating.. the 'human' golden ratio.. the perfection equation.. the attraction fraction.
You allude to Weininger...

That was aaaall me bae, all me.. never heard of Weininger or know of his philosophies, but I do know of Maths and my own philosophy of it in relation to the world. #MathsXPoetics

Most things can be defined by maths, but not necessarily be mathematical.. so not looking for maths where there is none, so conceptualising them in terms of mathematical-prose instead.

What was it he said, that made you think that..?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:51 am

Lorikeet wrote:
MagsJ wrote:_
Maths in mating.. the 'human' golden ratio.. the perfection equation.. the attraction fraction.
You allude to Weininger...

Curious about Weininger, as well.
If it doesn’t mean the good, beautiful, true end is to be and do self/us as other/them, & vice versa…then I don’t care what it means.
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:55 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:A Shieldmaiden wrote:

Can obsessive desire for one person be classified as love or are we "in love" with that person?

AS to the former, I would say that obsessive desire is pure and total lust.
Can we actually love that person in all of the good ways that count? I would say yes depending on the individuals and the dynamics of their relationship.

Do they communicate, are they respectful with one another, are they faithful, do they want the best for one another, are they protective of one another, do they share the same values, do they want to help one another grow, et cetera?

I would say that when these above things exist in a relationship, that so-called obsessive desire can be a result of them, especially when the physical attraction between them are way off the charts. Of course, there will be times when they will have to find balance between their sexual needs for one another and the other realities of their lives. [-o<

Who would not want the best of both worlds - though it is actually just one world flowing divinely. lol

I dunno. Feels like jumping over a bonfire, orbiting too close to the event horizon, or sampling the drug you’re pushing. Maybe the divine structure is the “formula” for avoiding implosion/explosion. ‘Course… for Jesus… that’d be zero sex. Sounds like a plan (God laughs).
If it doesn’t mean the good, beautiful, true end is to be and do self/us as other/them, & vice versa…then I don’t care what it means.
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:17 am

Ichthus77 wrote:...you’re not supposed to just openly have sex with everybody....

what?
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:40 am

You didn’t get the memo?

This is Ecmandu’s fault.
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Lorikeet » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:05 pm

MagsJ wrote:That was aaaall me bae, all me.. never heard of Weininger or know of his philosophies, but I do know of Maths and my own philosophy of it in relation to the world.

Most things can be defined by maths, but not necessarily be mathematical.. so not looking for maths where there is none, so conceptualising them in terms of mathematical-prose instead.

What was it he said, that made you think that..?
He came up with a mathematical formula for attraction - simple but effective - general:

Based on masculine/feminine psychosomatic traits.
An individual with 40% masculine energies and 60% feminine ill be attracted to an individual with a corresponding 60%/40% split.

I've adjusted this formula to include an individual's self-acceptance and self-love.
Those who like themselves - and do not only claim to, loudly and repeatedly, compensating for a secret self-hatrd - will be attracted to those most like them; those that secretly, unconsciously, resent themselves and what and who they are, will be attracted to their opposite.

Masculine/Feminine is a product of specialization, sacrificing independence for efficiency and effectiveness.
So, codependence is unavoidable. We are attracted to our sexual opposite because we are incapable to reproduce independently.

So Weininger's psychosomatic formula of attraction can be adjusted by the ego's self-awareness and consequent self-accetance and self-appreciation.
Individual's sometimes override their impulses with an over- under-estimation of themselves.
Know Thyself.
Also part of the gene/meme dynamic.

--------------------
This is what the average call 'man's complexity' ...turning to "experts" - icons, idols, astrology etc. - to simplify what they cannot fully understand.
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods

-Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lays of Ancient Rome
Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:04 am

Ichthus77 wrote:You didn’t get the memo?

This is Ecmandu’s fault.

I apologize for placing blame as a joke.
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind