The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:40 am

_
Been amusing myself off of IG reels, since awaking a coupla hours ago..

Going back sleep, as it’s too early to breakfast..

Oh, and I also wanna know what ILP was on yesterday? or maybe I don’t. :-s

Edit at 5.55: nah.. maybe it is the start, of the breakfast time-of-day. Starving.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:00 am

it's not even that late. that's why i'm still up.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:02 am

_
It must be like 2am where you are?

Sleep, or breakfast.. sleep, or breakfast.. :-k I can’t decide. :lol:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:10 am

11pm.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:10 am

i switched time zones so im like right in the middle of america
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:11 am

_
I think the excitement of Christmas is keeping me awake.. a real day of not having a care or forethought in the world. Today, being the dress-rehearsal, for the day itself.

I will be helping out at the NYE’s soup kitchen but sadly can’t at the Christmas Day’s one, because I’d already made plans for it.
I could pop down for an hour, and help/hangout. :romance-admire:

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:14 am

_
..had a coffee at 6pm with a courgette and Camembert omelette.. my only meal of the day.. weren’t feeling famished today, so I guess the well after noon caffeine intake has sent me to the Wide Awake Club.

Instagram has been keeping me very amused, during this troubling time of unwanted awakedness.

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:55 am

occasionally a weird dream wakes me up

vague & can’t remember. yet.

felt important
words are modulated music
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:05 am

I'm paid to be up.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:13 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:I'm paid to be up.

New job?

MagsJ

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:16 pm

New? Nah, I've been a philosopher for 2000 years.

Why are you still up?
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:46 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:New? Nah, I've been a philosopher for 2000 years.

Why are you still up?

You are 2000 years old? :shock: I’ve been one since my first remembered memory, so since the age of 3 many decades ago.

Why am I still up? because it’s after noon here.. and I’m already contemplating dinner, no snacks.

MagsJ

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:49 pm

Every emotion, thought, memory you have, is millions of years old.

You are the creation of literally millions and billions of ancestors, all of whom speak through you and I.

Those we share in common, we seek out in one-another. Those we do not, we are estranged, divorced, and weary apart.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:04 pm

Now by the law of averages if you take all those types and add them and get a general sense of differences among each and every one and add those up; then divide them by how many there are , maybe trillions - then all of them will be near identical.

Their differences will be near absolutely minimal.

That really could keep me awake if I let it.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:07 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Every emotion, thought, memory you have, is millions of years old.

You are the creation of literally millions and billions of ancestors, all of whom speak through you and I.

Those we share in common, we seek out in one-another. Those we do not, we are estranged, divorced, and weary apart.

How very 'sage' of you, but.. then again, you always were.

Inherent knowledge, that maketh the conduit of a (wo)man.. an innate blueprint, gifted from the gods our ancestors.

An early dinner.. of lamb carry, and coriander and rose petal infused rice.
I’ve gotten in the habit of eating dinner earlier, if I can.. now that appetite permits.

MagsJ

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:04 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Urwrongx1000 wrote:Every emotion, thought, memory you have, is millions of years old.

How very 'sage' of you, but.. then again, you always were.

Inherent knowledge, that maketh the conduit of a (wo)man.. an innate blueprint, gifted from the gods our ancestors.

An early dinner.. of lamb carry, and coriander and rose petal infused rice.
I’ve gotten in the habit of eating dinner earlier, if I can.. now that appetite permits.

Mag. Take a hint from the Burmese people and do coconut rice.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:29 am

_
I’m far too awake to be able to fall asleep tonight.. just call me 24 hour Mags, tonight.

Listening to debate podcasts, to occupy my mind.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:23 am

_
..another sleepless night.. though I might eventually fall asleep, till some time after noon. I’ve breakfasted already, so hunger won’t be an issue.. I have had a coffee though, so might be kept awake some-more.

I wonder what it is, that is keeping me awake so.. :-s

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:02 am

_
Dawn arrives, and now I sleep.. but not till dusk.

MagsJ

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind