sneeky horrible bastards

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

sneeky horrible bastards

Postby Sculptor » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:01 am

Are people with sneaky faces bound to be sneaky bastards or genetically, of do people with sneaky faces end up being sneaky bastards because people treat them as if they are sneaky bastards and tend to fulful their roles.

Or is this just Holly wood.

These three actors always play villains.

Danny Houston is often pciked to play bastards. Does he have an instict to be a bastard or is he just a good actor?
danny.JPG
danny.JPG (26.77 KiB) Viewed 152 times

Here's F Murrey Abrahams
fm abraham.JPG
fm abraham.JPG (17.67 KiB) Viewed 152 times

I don't think I've ever seen him play mr nice guy.

The next one is Jake Weber. His publicity pictures show him as a nice guy , yet his roles in Meet Joe Black, ST Disco, and Homeland are arseholes of the highest order.
jake weber.JPG
jake weber.JPG (15.84 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Sculptor
Philosopher

Re: sneeky horrible bastards

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:22 pm

_
..a combination of good acting and having the right look.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby obsrvr524 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:34 pm

I imagine a particular look gets associated with a sterotype - then actors with that look are used in movies and reality shows and false flag political "insurrections". :D
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
    It's just same Satanism as always -
    • separate the bottom from the top,
    • the left from the right,
    • the light from the dark, and
    • blame each for the sins of the other
    • - until they beg you to take charge.
    • -- but "you" have been observed --
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:19 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:I imagine a particular look gets associated with a sterotype - then actors with that look are used in movies and reality shows and false flag political "insurrections". :D

This is the type of post that will ascertain whether Sculptor has a sense of humour or not.. lol
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby Sculptor » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:08 pm

MagsJ wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:I imagine a particular look gets associated with a sterotype - then actors with that look are used in movies and reality shows and false flag political "insurrections". :D

This is the type of post that will ascertain whether Sculptor has a sense of humour or not.. lol

How so? The forum has little humour in it. You'd never know if anyone had any humour by the posts they make here.

So the idea that there is a stereotype, which is self defining is a chicken and egg argument.
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:10 pm

Sculptor wrote:
MagsJ wrote:

How so? The forum has little humour in it. You'd never know if anyone had any humour by the posts they make here.

So the idea that there is a stereotype, which is self defining is a chicken and egg argument.

Sorry Mags, that’s a “no.”
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:18 pm

Sculptor wrote:
MagsJ wrote:

Nonsense! there’s plenty of humour to be had on these boards.. some nights, I’m in stitches when reading exchanges between disparate types. I guess you didn’t find obsrvr’s reply funny then? :D
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:18 am

WendyDarling wrote:Sorry Mags, that’s a “no.”

No need to be sorry about it, doll.. ; )
MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:14 am

Here is a story straight from:

I was managed 27 units, of living space and there lived an actor on the first floor a loner, a bartender.

I found out he was an old time minor character actor. He was good as a type, in fact he was always cast as a bartender, guess someone thought he looked it exactly the part.

After his parts g or scarcer and scarcer, he thought he would mot know what to do with his life, so, he became what he knew best.

And so he works next door in a dive.
Meno_
breathless

Postby Sculptor » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:57 pm

Meno_ wrote:Here is a story straight from:

I was managed 27 units, of living space and there lived an actor on the first floor a loner, a bartender.

I found out he was an old time minor character actor. He was good as a type, in fact he was always cast as a bartender, guess someone thought he looked it exactly the part.

After his parts g or scarcer and scarcer, he thought he would mot know what to do with his life, so, he became what he knew best.

And so he works next door in a dive.

And what do you conclude about this? And is your one story worthy of a generalising statement?
I've know a few actors in my time, and there is no doubt that their roles tended towards type, but not always.
A good character actor like Olivier could do any role from hero to villain.On the other hand Clint Eastwood and John Wayne could only ever be themselves, or versions of themselves - the guys they would like to be.
Sculptor
Philosopher

Return to Psychology and Mind