The Depths of Narcissus

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

Re: The Depths of Narcissus

Postby Meno_ » Tue May 12, 2020 7:53 pm

the closest referential guide to the depth starts with Narcissus, his metamorphosis into a flower.

Then working its way, ( as a metaphor, albeit in an inverse form (( starting with Fichte, through Holderlin, then on to Heidegger.)) I may reprint the article here on request , its short, among the clatter, and the work ((( mine))) goes on, it becomes very like skating on very thin ice, and will include here in fragments, partially derived, some understood, some merely learned,
& hope by that time to arrive at a modicum that resembles only slightly the meta-gap which stretches from Chaos-1 toward it's absolute.
Otherwise arrive where perhaps Cantor, Holderlin and Nietzche did not plan to.

But can't afford that, no no, I can't go for that.

https://youtu.be/Ry04tCx4Bqw

MagsJ: as fellow narcissists go, I was tempted not to add an ammendum, but since You made the distinction between constructive and destructive narcissists, ( and ill clarify that as far as it applies in this venue) ; I am merely reasserting the position that I still hold to, that distinction breaks down, when assaults of pejorative opinion would hold otherwise.

The affront to narcissism , by non practitioners, is not the same defensive union that both make in deference to their overall well being.
Non practitioners lump both together , not realizing they are playing on an uneven playing field, whereby such distinctions vary, depending on non-practitioners' overall attitude.

They don't understand, and may think they know that an attitude can generate both: the reason and the objective behind it.

Nevertheless, You are a practitioner, as i am , ( or conversely) you and I; it is understood these being mere formalities and well thread assumptions.

Maybe. With that being said, superior attitudes are inherently necessary in the progression I am trying real hard to clarify.

I got up this morning not realizing that the theme which has possessed me , has always been an inherent and unrelenting shadow of my conscious preoccupation.

It is, exceedingly, a non ending travail into the limitless depths of the underworld, where shapes and phantoms begin to appear, guiding and following the way . i do not to profess anything but follow this trail, as if by a blind necessity.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue May 19, 2020 8:56 pm

Aegean wrote:Haven't I made that point in the thread Ideal vs Real?

Reference: is the primal process , as a backward look, combined with it's retro sequential logical form.

Memory, the human kind forgets, and looses parts which can retro-connect various kinds of images, because it prioritizes by contextual focus of importance, - what is important now, may not have been then.

Here I rewrite a forgotten promise to MagsJ, and I will rewrite that, as how relevance can be reestablished , in spite of appearing anything but.

If it turns out that relevance can not be remembered, even then, even out of appearent context, it can be cut and put back into it's proper sequential conceptual flow.

So here it is, an almost totally forgotten promise, :

Before I do that, I was on the verge of posting something called 'hanging on a delicate genetic thread' , lest I forget.

----------------------
As well as to Promethean75's narrative, whose interesting points need to be blended in.
---------------------------

'the figure of inversion has occupied a prominent place in 20th century critical attempts to read the text of
modernity as a connection to idealism and to release the subversive modernist potential of german romanticism.

In a notable jointly authored essay, published in 1977, Manfred Frank and Gerhard Kunz returned to Novalis' notion of ordo inversus to suggest the inversion was the trope (gr. trope : to reverse) par excellence paradigmatic of modern poetics.

They held their inversion as a figure of reflection. (reflection figur), found in the writings of Holderlin, Kleis, but also Kafka, served as a connective to the model of transparent self consciousness.

That Fichte first put forth in his Wissenschaftslehre (1794).
If, all thinking was thetic and proceeded through the principle of contradiction (Gegensat), Fischte argued, self consciousness 'itself' was a thinking of thinking to the second degree in which the subject of thinking recognized it'self to be ground or instance that visited the real , and an instance that Fichte called the absolute 'I'. Frank and Kuntz contended , offered a profound critique of such hubristic idealism.

Reflecting on the very limits of reflection, inversion unmasked the future's alleged autonomy, together with the self positing of the subject, a mere figment if the imagination.

Upsetting the balance between thetic and the object of reflecting positing, inversion revealed how reflection in truth was dependent on the incontrovertible fasticity of the real.'

John Hopkins U Press.

{The above source is important as a key to unleash the variety of experiential motives needed to bind the differing objects of conscious manifestations together.
On this level and only through this level i feel, can any progress be made toward the afore mentioned idee fixee,
that famous phrase if Valerie, that came to subsume the continental rigor that eclipsed the romantic idiom from the 18'th, through the 20th century.}

Note: { represents my ideas enclosed within quoted , more inclusive content}
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Thu May 21, 2020 4:15 am

What if the following can be verified:

MAY 20, 2020

NASA uncovers evidence of bizarre parallel universe where physics, time operate in reverse

(WHDH) — Scientists at NASA have reportedly uncovered evidence of a bizarre parallel universe where the rules of physics and time appear to be operating in reverse.

Researchers conducting an experiment in Antarctica discovered particles from a universe that was born during the same Big Bang the created the one we live in, according to NewScientist.

A NASA team was using a giant balloon to carry electronic antennas into the sky above the frozen wastes of Antarctica when they encountered a “wind” of particles from outer space that were “a million times more powerful” than anything they had seen before, the news outlet reported.

Low-energy particles have the ability to pass through Earth without any interaction, but higher-energy particles are stopped by the solid matter of Earth, the report stated.

High-energy particles are only detected if they are coming “down” from Earth, but NASA’s Antarctic Impulsive Transient Antenna detected the particles traveling “up.”

The findings suggest that the particles were traveling backward in time from a parallel universe, the experiment’s lead investigator, Peter Gorham, said in an interview with the University of Hawai‘i News.

Otherwise, the particles would have had to change form before passing through Earth and back again, something that Gorham described as an “impossible event.”

Gorham explained that the Big Bang, which happened nearly 14 billion years ago, likely resulted in the formation of two universes — the one that the people of Earth live in and another where everything operates in reverse.

Implications?
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Thu May 21, 2020 4:34 am

Aegean wrote

Haven't I made that point in the thread Ideal vs Real?

Reference: is the primal process , as a backward look, combined with it's retro sequential logical form.

Memory, the human kind forgets, and looses parts which can retro-connect various kinds of images, because it prioritizes by contextual focus of importance, - what is important now, may not have been then.

Here I rewrite a forgotten promise to MagsJ, and I will rewrite that, as how relevance can be reestablished , in spite of appearing anything but.

If it turns out that relevance can not be remembered, even then, even out of appearent context, it can be cut and put back into it's proper sequential conceptual flow.

So here it is, an almost totally forgotten promise, :

Before I do that, I was on the verge of posting something called 'hanging on a delicate genetic thread' , lest I forget.

----------------------
As well as to Promethean75's narrative, whose interesting points need to be blended in.
---------------------------

'the figure of inversion has occupied a prominent place in 20th century critical attempts to read the text of
modernity as a connection to idealism and to release the subversive modernist potential of german romanticism.

In a notable jointly authored essay, published in 1977, Manfred Frank and Gerhard Kunz returned to Novalis' notion of ordo inversus to suggest the inversion was the trope (gr. trope : to reverse) par excellence paradigmatic of modern poetics.

They held their inversion as a figure of reflection. (reflection figur), found in the writings of Holderlin, Kleis, but also Kafka, served as a connective to the model of transparent self consciousness.

That Fichte first put forth in his Wissenschaftslehre (1794).
If, all thinking was thetic and proceeded through the principle of contradiction (Gegensat), Fischte argued, self consciousness 'itself' was a thinking of thinking to the second degree in which the subject of thinking recognized it'self to be ground or instance that visited the real , and an instance that Fichte called the absolute 'I'. Frank and Kuntz contended , offered a profound critique of such hubristic idealism.

Reflecting on the very limits of reflection, inversion unmasked the future's alleged autonomy, together with the self positing of the subject, a mere figment if the imagination.

Upsetting the balance between thetic and the object of reflecting positing, inversion revealed how reflection in truth was dependent on the incontrovertible fasticity of the real.'

John Hopkins U Press.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Creative Writing