The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Do you prefer landscpae or seascape? What climate do you prefer? (What ecotype are you?)

A) I prefer the seescape.
5
28%
B) I prefer the landscape.
4
22%
I) I 1 - I 3 (see map).
0
No votes
II) II 1 - II 3 (see map).
2
11%
III) III 1 and III 2 (see map).
5
28%
III) III 3 - III 6 (see map).
0
No votes
III) III 7 and more (see map).
1
6%
IV) IV 1 and more (see map).
1
6%
V) V 1 and more (see map).
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 18

The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Kathrina » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:06 am

This thread is about the four elements fire, earth, air, water, not only in the sense of astrology or healing in the sense of treating temperaments, but also in terms of the environment you were born into and the preference for certain environments, and the question of which ecotype you belong to or wish to belong to. So it's also a philosophy of climate, if you like.

"Fire, water, earth and air come together in my soul." - Jane (see tab.)


Climate zones.

C_Z.gif
Choose a climate zone and mark the abbreviation for the climate zone in the poll. Two poll options are allowed.
C_Z.gif (151.76 KiB) Viewed 4449 times

By the way: I prefer the landscape and the climate zone III 1 / III 2.

I know someone who grew up inland and still prefers the seascape or seaside to the landscape or countryside. Also, there are people who grew up in warm or hot climates and prefer to live in temperate, cold, or even very cold climates (mostly for reasons of living standards though). There are even more examples. But I don't want to list them, but to read them here.

Two poll options per user are allowed!
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby zinnat » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:45 am

This topic of elements is a very interesting subject and perhaps more important than interesting. We are got affected by these.

Secondly, the elements are five not four. The element of sky is missing from your list.

With love,
Sanjay
User avatar
zinnat
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby obsrvr524 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:20 am

Personally I prefer HVAC - Central Heat & Air. :D
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
    It's just same Satanism as always -
    • separate the bottom from the top,
    • the left from the right,
    • the light from the dark, and
    • blame each for the sins of the other
    • - until they beg you to take charge.
    • -- but "you" have been observed --
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:05 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:Personally I prefer HVAC - Central Heat & Air. :D


Ceiling fans and fireplaces are nice too.


I prefer lots of sun, heat, and water.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8711
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby MagsJ » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:42 pm

_
A) I prefer the seescape.
II) II 1 - II 3 (see map).. even tho I live in III 1.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 22284
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:44 pm

Umm... this is like ignorant shit now.

I think there are around 9 states of matter (elements) known now, and we keep adding new ones as scientists discover more.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11961
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Kathrina » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:23 am

zinnat wrote:This topic of elements is a very interesting subject and perhaps more important than interesting. We are got affected by these.

Secondly, the elements are five not four. The element of sky is missing from your list.

With love,
Sanjay

We are talking here about the philosophy of the elements, as it was transmitted to us by the Classics of Ancient Greece - Aristotle did add the ether as a fifth element to the older four elements, but that should only be of marginal interest to us here; besides, the ether is a special feature anyway.

It is not about the elements alone; it is also, and perhaps more, about how one lives in them, settles in, cares, whether one prefers to live in the warm or the cold, the dry or the wet.

FEAW.gif
FEAW.gif (10.37 KiB) Viewed 4341 times

Ecmandu wrote:I think there are around 9 states of matter (elements) known now, and we keep adding new ones as scientists discover more.

The question of how great the number of elements is, ist quite irrelevant here. We should ask instead how the elements affect a person and in a person when they do it (because you can also deny that). So what you are talking about is pretty off-topic. Scientists have interests that often have not much to do with science. Science is as unreliable today as politics has been for some time. Also, as I said, the number of elements is not critical to what we are talking about here.

In this thread, it is also not of interest whether the string theory is a conspiracy theory, whether there are nine or eleven or even more different universes.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:53 am

It’s not off topic. But whatever.

States of matter like plasma are not off topic.

But again, whatever.

You’re a dinosaur. But again. Whatever.

These were a very primitive people who were stupid and/or ignorant. But whatever.

It’s your thread. I’m just pointing out the whole thread is bullshit.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11961
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Dan~ » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:36 am

Ecmandu wrote:I’m just pointing out the whole thread is bullshit.

Naw it's a good thread.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
ImageImage
Truth is based in sensing, in vision. And we can only see when we are alive.
User avatar
Dan~
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 10670
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:14 am
Location: Canada Alberta

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Maia » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:51 am

I can't see the map, but I can very easily describe my ideal climate.

Sitting on a cliff by the sea on a windy day in winter, with no one around. Somewhere in North Wales, in the snow.
User avatar
Maia
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am
Location: UK

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Sculptor » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:45 pm

Maia wrote:I can't see the map, but I can very easily describe my ideal climate.

Sitting on a cliff by the sea on a windy day in winter, with no one around. Somewhere in North Wales, in the snow.


Wales has the right smell.
Sculptor
Thinker
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Sculptor » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:50 pm

Humans do not conform to climite types.
Though i've lived with seaviews in III1 for most of my life, I would prefer somewhere on the warmer side of of that zone. However there is the problem of other people.

Ideally I'd live on a water planet, where the water has a constant termperature of a warm bath. I'll I would need is somewhere to rest my book and my neck as I float and read.
Obviously a matter transmitter would be needed to transport me back to somewhere interesting from time to time, such as the theatre.
Sculptor
Thinker
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Sculptor » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:56 pm

Kathrina wrote:
FEAW.gif
.


Mumbo Jumbo.
Sculptor
Thinker
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Dan~ wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I’m just pointing out the whole thread is bullshit.

Naw it's a good thread.


Sorry Dan. I have PTSD from Tibetan training.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11961
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:12 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Dan~ wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I’m just pointing out the whole thread is bullshit.

Naw it's a good thread.


Sorry Dan. I have PTSD from Tibetan training.


Let me explain more...

I hate when people try to patent colors.

Let me explain...

You know Tibetan (Windhorse) Prayer Flags? 5 colors?

Ok, so here’s the deal. They all stand for an element.

Then they have training called maitri space awareness ... every time you see a color it corresponds to the element in their prayer flags, and you’re always supposed to say shit like “ooh, I just saw yellow, that means the earth is here”

I think that shit is evil as fuck.

That’s why I was bothered by this thread.

There (fortunately for me) 9 states of matter and they don’t correspond to colors.

That’s why I called this thread bullshit. Although to be perfectly honest, from your point of view, I’ve seen worse threads.

I’m just debunking it.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11961
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Kathrina » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:46 pm

Ecmandu wrote:It’s not off topic. But whatever.

States of matter like plasma are not off topic.

But again, whatever.

You’re a dinosaur. But again. Whatever.

These were a very primitive people who were stupid and/or ignorant. But whatever.

It’s your thread. I’m just pointing out the whole thread is bullshit.

You seem to confuse the thread with yourself and with your own evaluation of certain important things in life.

I am a dinosaur? No. If you already want to compare me with an animal that was very successful and still became extinct, then please compare me with a pterosaur, because I like flying, because I like dancing, and I feel like a hovering animal or angel in the air or in the water when I dance. Maybe you can also hover in the earth, but earth is denser than water, much denser than air, and even much denser than fire.

FS.png
FS.png (79.02 KiB) Viewed 4240 times
I do not need drugs, I need music - for flying and hovering in the air or swimming and hovering in the water. :-({|= :angelic-flying:

F_S.jpg
F_S.jpg (21.7 KiB) Viewed 4240 times

See, when you get up in the morning thinking that you are going to go to the bakery because you live in an universe where there is also the element plasma, then your thinking is problematic: You have overstepped the mark, generalized so much and moved so far away from where you actually live. The thought of the universe and plasma does not help you in the concrete context of your everyday life.

Bring it down to earth!

We live here on our planet. I would say that the solar system is the natural environment for us humans in the widest sense, but in the narrower sense rather the planet Earth is the environment for us humans. We humans don't have an environment like the other creatures, but we have the world (as environment). Whether this is good or not, is relatively irrelevant, if one is busy with the everyday worries, caring and nursing and so on (this also applies the constant lying, cheating, vaccinating, getting ill, dying).

But the actual or everyday environment is our homeland, our home, the area where we feel comfortable. I, for example, feel most comfortable where the four "classical" elements occur in roughly equal measure, and that is the case in the areas III 1, III 2, III 3 and III 4 indicated in the map.

C_Z.gif
C_Z.gif (151.76 KiB) Viewed 4240 times

Dan~ wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I’m just pointing out the whole thread is bullshit.

Naw it's a good thread.

Thank you, Dan~. Where do you live or/and like to live? Do you like it hot or cold, dry or wet? Which of the "classical" elements do you prefer? Or do you feel (like I do) most comfortable where the four "classical" elements occur in roughly equal measure?
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Kathrina » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:46 pm

For example Europe, particularly between 60th and 45th degrees north latitude and 10th degrees west and 20th degrees east longitude or, more climatologically said, in west-east direction between the atlantic climate and the western continental climate and in north-south direction between the south norwegian alpine and south swedish boreal climate (in each case inclusive) and the alpine climate (inclusive) or even a bit further to the south:

E.jpg
E.jpg (121.91 KiB) Viewed 4233 times

That's a very good place to live: not too hot, not too cold (but relatively cold, let's say: moderate), not too dry, not too wet (but relatively wet, let's say: moisty). Having moderate summers and moderate winters but still real seasons. That's fine. What I would miss at all if I had to live in areas with no or almost no seasons are just the seasons. I like the seasons very much, especially the two that provide the most visible change: spring and autumn.

The climate shapes!

The "classical" elements - fire, earth, air, water - are in our soul.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:18 pm

And again,

This is dinosaur stuff.

Plasma is the state of the sun. We use it in modern televisions.

I’m sorry about your attachment to antiquated thinking (like Tibetans) and I’m just going to debunk it.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11961
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:36 pm

Ecmandu wrote:And again,

This is dinosaur stuff.

Plasma is the state of the sun. We use it in modern televisions.

I’m sorry about your attachment to antiquated thinking (like Tibetans) and I’m just going to debunk it.



Do some research....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exotic_matter

By the way, it doesn’t get more down to earth what the state of the fucking sun is.

These were ignorant people, and I’m debunking this OP.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11961
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Kathrina » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:18 pm

I did not say that plasma has no effect, but according to habits of life this effect is not elemental (see: element!). In what way does plasma form your habits of life? It is too general and at the same time - scientifically speaking - too much concerned with physical-chemical things. But the classical elements - call them what you like (I find the words "fire", "earth", "air" and "water" most suitable for this, although they must not be taken very literally, but more metaphorically) - are something that makes you in your temperament (see temperature), what makes you in your motivation.

I don't know any "plasmatic" person. Do you know such a person?

If I meant all this scientifically, I would have posted this in the subforum for natural science. I also do not mean it so much spiritually (see the subforum for religion and spirituality), but actually more philosophically, in a sense of existential philosophy, philosophy of life.

Somebody has a "fiery", "earthy", "airy", "watery" element, but not a "plasmatic" one. The plasmatic is too cosmological to be considered as a "classical" element. It has to do with cosmological (physical-chemical) processes in the universe and has so also to do with us in the natural sense, but nothing with the existence of the question where I can get rolls at half past two in the night.

Do you understand? I am not talking about natural things here, or only if they play a role for us in everyday life; I am also not talking about consumer things, because they do not facilitate life as such. I have to master life, to shape it, to lead it, and for this I do not need natural things as such, but only my will to live and my intention to lead my life where I can do it best. I need natural things for my natural part of my life but not for my life as a whole. I have a will to live and my intention to lead my life where I can do it best. I have a body, but even that body is pretty irrelevant when it comes to thoughts, provided I do not keep saying: "ah, I only have these thoughts because I have a body". Inorganic and even organic things are pretty irrelevant when it comes to thoughts themselves. Conversely, I am not saying that every physicist should consider that all that he does originally sprang from a thought and that this physicist must therefore now be a philosopher or nothing at all. A physicist must be allowed to remain a physicist within a certain framework.This seems to be self-evident to us, but the funny thing is that it does not seem to be self-evident the other way round: I do not have to think about physics all the time when I make a sandwich for my child or wipe the nose.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:37 pm

Yeah, whatever, I’m done with this thread.

People don’t call themselves plasmatic beings because they are retarded. Go for it girl. But don’t think I’m buying this crap while you do it.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11961
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Kathrina » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:41 am

He did not debunk anything, only used dirty words and other unobjective words. In any case, he has not used a single objective argument, but only words that reflect his subjective feelings.

Look again:
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810429
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810477
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810494
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810497
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810521
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810524
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810533

It is his right to say that he disagrees with something, yes, and I do not dispute that at all. He just has no single objective argument.

He said: "I’m done with this thread". That's okay. There are enough ILP threads: Total topics 48142 with total posts 1219687.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Sculptor » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Kathrina wrote:He did not debunk anything, only used dirty words and other unobjective words. In any case, he has not used a single objective argument, but only words that reflect his subjective feelings.

Look again:
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810429
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810477
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810494
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810497
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810521
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810524
- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2810533

It is his right to say that he disagrees with something, yes, and I do not dispute that at all. He just has no single objective argument.

He said: "I’m done with this thread". That's okay. There are enough ILP threads: Total topics 48142 with total posts 1219687.


Are you as dumb headed as the person in your avatar looks?
Sculptor
Thinker
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Leyla » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:18 pm

Sculptor wrote:Are you as dumb headed as the person in your avatar looks?

LOL, look who's talking
Image
User avatar Sculptor (PhilosophyNow)

Have you ever considered making objective arguments instead of just attacking other posters personally?
User avatar
Leyla
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:58 pm

Re: The Elements Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Postby Kathrina » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:10 pm

Leyla wrote:
Sculptor wrote:Are you as dumb headed as the person in your avatar looks?

LOL, look who's talking
Image
User avatar Sculptor (PhilosophyNow)

Have you ever considered making objective arguments instead of just attacking other posters personally?

He is incapable of using objective arguments! Moreover, he is very stupid, just illiterate, because he has shown in several threads that he is not capable of reading the texts of other posters. He is also not capable of reading his own texts properly.

But for that, as if he wants to set both off against each other, he uses all the more personal attacks, ad hominems, ugly words and phrases of commustic ideology. And he stalks me. Why does he do all that? Probably because he is jealous of me or the person depicted in the avatar. His case is pathological. He is ill.

He must be a very frustrated person - probably because of his ugliness, as you said, Leyla, or of his illness, his cancer, perhaps because of his childhood or whatever.

One can only feel sorry for him, because he is first and foremost his own victim.
ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Kathrina
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 am

Next

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users