Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom back?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Have we ever been free?

We have always been free.
2
20%
We have always been free, but now we are unfree.
1
10%
We have been only partially and/or temporarily free.
2
20%
We have been only partially and/or temporarily free, and now we are unfree.
4
40%
We have never been free.
1
10%
 
Total votes : 10

Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom back?

Postby Sleyor Wellhuxwell » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:19 am

By "freedom" I mean first and foremost the freedom of thought and speech. And because every kind of communication is language, there is no other kind of freedom left. - So much for the definition.

If we have to wear masks, but don't want to wear masks at all, then we are restricted in our freedom. If we need to be vaccinated, but do not want to be vaccinated, then we are restricted in our freedom. If we are not allowed to say so, then we are restricted in our freedom. And if we are not allowed to think that either, then we are restricted in our freedom.

In other words, our freedom has been taken away from us. How can we get it back?

Or have we never been free?
User avatar
Sleyor Wellhuxwell
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:35 pm

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:32 pm

_
We have always been free, but now we are unfree.

That ceased when humans started owning land and countries,
and creating levies on services that used to be free.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 21866
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby phyllo » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:24 pm

Free/unfree ... these are thoughts in your mind.

Choose to want what is and you are free. Choose to want what is not and you are unfree. Nothing has changed aside from your thoughts.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12256
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Ierrellus » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:35 pm

Genetic determinism suggests freedom within confinement. We are free within the parameters of possibility.
"We must love one another or die." W.H.Auden
I admit I'm an asshole. Now, can we get back to the conversation?
From the mad poet of McKinley Ave.
Ierrellus
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12905
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Location: state of evolving

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Meno_ » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:48 pm

Free. To do what or think of what to do. After that to free to sense the freedom



Freedom is another word.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8452
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Meno_ » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:51 pm

I have not chosen all possible choices listed because many were left unwritten.



Can you think of some other choices?


Add them and then I will select one most appropriate.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8452
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:54 pm

freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 28869
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby obsrvr524 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:05 pm

Sleyor Wellhuxwell wrote:By "freedom" I mean first and foremost the freedom of thought and speech. And because every kind of communication is language, there is no other kind of freedom left. - So much for the definition.

Freedom from government oppression - mostly were, gradually less, now gone.

Sleyor Wellhuxwell wrote:In other words, our freedom has been taken away from us. How can we get it back?

I have found that to be a really really deep subject to address (on several threads). Miracles happen - but very rarely.

The bigger issue is when (if ever).

So far I have found only one potential future freedom scenario but how to apply it seems elusive. And that leads to when. Until then - The New Dark Age Philosophy.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2344
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 am

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:37 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
Sleyor Wellhuxwell wrote:By "freedom" I mean first and foremost the freedom of thought and speech. And because every kind of communication is language, there is no other kind of freedom left. - So much for the definition.

Freedom from government oppression - mostly were, gradually less, now gone.

Sleyor Wellhuxwell wrote:In other words, our freedom has been taken away from us. How can we get it back?

I have found that to be a really really deep subject to address (on several threads). Miracles happen - but very rarely.

The bigger issue is when (if ever).

So far I have found only one potential future freedom scenario but how to apply it seems elusive. And that leads to when. Until then - The New Dark Age Philosophy.





The deepest problem belongs to social psychology.
The deconstruction everybody is talking about, congruent with the phenomenological reduction, tends people to be blinded all the lost synapses, which makes communication invaluable.

Given this process, the connection of freedom with the appearance of freedom gets kind of blurry, and the emerging 'fascism' takes advantige of oppression as a key to sociatal control.

It is how and what it is, civil disturbance symptomatically reacts, if not repressed individually.
Meno_
breathless
 
Posts: 8452
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:01 pm

freedom is not about regulations or government or even the 1st amendment....

we can be trapped by the very beliefs that we hold...If we hold a certain belief even
in the face of new realities or changing conditions on the ground, then we are not free....

Freedom is not about the outside conditions, but about our ability to change and adapt
to the new conditions....freedom is an inner construct .....and if we become trapped into
a loop of saying for example, "Liberals are terrorist" even after the fact, then we
have reduced our own freedom.... freedom is found in the mind first and foremost...
and within our own beliefs...we can be free by adapting and changing our beliefs
and thoughts to the conditions on the ground.....the problem with conservatives,
they are still fighting battles and wars that were fought decades and centuries ago....

the conservatives are still fighting the American civil war... a war they lost over 150 years
ago..... this is 2021.... fight the battles and wars of this decade and century......

One of the questions being fought is this: "What does it mean to be an American?"
and they are fighting with words and language of the last century......
and after Jan. 6... the question reaches new urgency.... the events of the 6th,
has us questioning what it means to be an American... what does an "American"
really and truly believes becomes an urgent matter.........

so to understand this question of Freedom, we have to return to the question
of what it means to be an American... is freedom really the "loadstar" of
being an American? the conservatives tried to overthrow democracy
and turn America into a dictatorship....so, someone is really confused about
what it means to be an American... so, we have to reengage into the beliefs
that we hold individually and collectively.... "What does it mean to be an American?"

needs to be reanswered....reengaged with...."I am an American
and what does that mean?" do I hold with democracy and freedoms
and the rights of being an American" or, or do I hold with the conservatives
and hold to a dictatorship and its values?"

what America do we want? this question must be answered before we
can answer the question about our freedom.... because freedom lies
within the question of what type of political system we have.....

the political system we have determines what type of freedoms we hold....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9211
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby iambiguous » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:13 pm

Sleyor Wellhuxwell wrote:
If we have to wear masks, but don't want to wear masks at all, then we are restricted in our freedom.


Okay, why are there federal, state and local policies that require citizens in countries around the globe to wear masks?

Well, you can start here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

A global pandemic that in America alone has killed over 440,000 people. And the overwhelming preponderance of medical scientists who argue that wearing a mask is better than not wearing one to keep yourself and others from getting infected.

So, someone's definition of freedom here needs to be examined given that particular context.

And while some here put the emphasis on their own personal freedom to not wear a mask, others insist that those who don't wear them infringe on their own freedom to live in a community that, in requiring citizens to wear masks in public, means they are less likely to get infected themselves.

Conflicting goods as it were.

Then for some here their own definition of freedom gets all tangled up in their hatred of government itself. Their loathing of Democrats and liberals and Communists. For some it's all about the evils of Big Brother. Mask wearing is on par with the accusations that those in QAnon insist are true about a pedophilia ring around the globe owned and operated by Dr. Evil and the Democrats.

In fact, they insist, the covid pandemic itself is just a scam!!!

All of which I root in political prejudices rooted in dasein. You know, if anyone cares to go there.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 40399
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:40 pm

iambiguous wrote:
Sleyor Wellhuxwell wrote:
If we have to wear masks, but don't want to wear masks at all, then we are restricted in our freedom.


Okay, why are there federal, state and local policies that require citizens in countries around the globe to wear masks?

Well, you can start here: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

A global pandemic that in America alone has killed over 440,000 people. And the overwhelming preponderance of medical scientists who argue that wearing a mask is better than not wearing one to keep yourself and others from getting infected.

So, someone's definition of freedom here needs to be examined given that particular context.

And while some here put the emphasis on their own personal freedom to not wear a mask, others insist that those who don't wear them infringe on their own freedom to live in a community that, in requiring citizens to wear masks in public, means they are less likely to get infected themselves.

Conflicting goods as it were.

Then for some here their own definition of freedom gets all tangled up in their hatred of government itself. Their loathing of Democrats and liberals and Communists. For some it's all about the evils of Big Brother. Mask wearing is on par with the accusations that those in QAnon insist are true about a pedophilia ring around the globe owned and operated by Dr. Evil and the Democrats.

In fact, they insist, the covid pandemic itself is just a scam!!!

All of which I root in political prejudices rooted in dasein. You know, if anyone cares to go there.


K: I agree with you, but to continue along a slightly different vein....

the conservative fights for it "freedom" along the viewpoint of the individual's rights,
whereas the liberal fight for a collective viewpoint.....

we wear mask to protect the greater good... a statement a liberal would agree to,
and a conservative would disagree with because their focus is on the individual....

a conservative says "my individual rights are greater then your collective rights"....
whereas I am willing to wear a mask to protect the collective,
the "people"... whereas the conservative is not willing to wear a mask because they
hold to individual rights ahead of or before the collective rights...

so, who is right, the conservative who claims that the "one" is more important
then the "many"?

or the liberal who says, the "Many" is more important then the "one?"

if I hold the liberal idea that "all men are create equal" then I must hold
the liberal idea because as I am part of "all men" that means I am equal to others,
or they are equal to me, depending on your placement of words...I hold that "all men
are created equal" which means I hold to the right of the collective over the individual....

the conservative does not hold that "all men are created equal" and thus can hold to
their own individual right being higher then or over the collective......conservatives hold
"all men are not created equal" and thus they, the conservatives, can hold themselves
to be superior to or above "all men"

my rights are greater then yours because I am superior to you... that is the conservative
mantra... I am higher than and superior to you.....whereas the liberal holds that
"all men are equal" and thus no one person is above all others... equality is not just
a word that has no meaning, I wear a mask because we are equal.... equality means
something to a liberal and means nothing to the conservative...

but the question arises that must arise, upon what basis that the conservative
claim to be superior to all men? What factors make them superior to me or to all
other persons?

they can never answer that question because it isn't based upon fact.. it is simply
ego.. I hold that I am superior to you based upon my ego... that is the entire basis
of the conservative belief that they are superior....their ego.......

but we must hold some beliefs, so do we hold to the individual being, somehow,
superior to all men or do we hold that all "men are equal"....upon that basis lies
the entire liberal, conservative factions...equality vs superiority.....

I hold to the liberal bias that "all men are created equal" and I act upon that
liberal bias....by wearing a mask.....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9211
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:46 pm

Deleted. Effort is wasted on the evil and retarded.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8467
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:13 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Deleted. Effort is wasted on the evil and retarded.

Agree..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 21866
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:14 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Pk, you are equal to Einstein? You are equal to Michael Jordan? You are equal to Hemmingway? You are equal to Ruth Ginsburg?

You PK are only equal to the lowest common denominator which is the libtard collective.


K: politically, yes, I am equal to them...now in my family, we have 5 siblings,
myself and 4 other's, sisters and a brother... we each have different talents, my
brother has math and science skills I do not have.. but we are still equal,
his skills are something I don't have, but my skills are something he doesn't have....
now who is to say, his skills are superior to my skills? to say, Michael Jordan's skill
superior to my skills is to make some judgement about our respective skills...
that his skills are superior in basketball cannot be denied... but my philosophical
skills are superior to his...and so, how are we to judge them? what standard would
we used? which skills are more "valuable" is subject to debate........

that Einstein has a superior science and math skills cannot be debated,
he has without a question, greater math/science skills then I do, and his
contributions cannot be questioned, but does that make his skill's
"superior" to my skills? well, that depends on the standards one uses....

could Einstein dunk a basketball the way Jordan could? No, but does that lack of
skill diminish in any way, shape or form Einstein accomplishments? also no....

they are really apples and oranges type of thing...with no real way to
decide which skill is "superior"....if you cannot decide which skill is
superior, then the skills are equal....

and even if my philosophical thoughts never reach that of a Locke or
a Hume or even a Scheler, then how would you compare my philosophical
skill with dunking a basketball?

you can't......

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9211
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby iambiguous » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:22 pm

MagsJ wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Deleted. Effort is wasted on the evil and retarded.

Agree..


I don't argue with minds like these, I mock them. :lol:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 40399
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:47 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Pk, you are equal to Einstein? You are equal to Michael Jordan? You are equal to Hemmingway? You are equal to Ruth Ginsburg?

You PK are only equal to the lowest common denominator which is the libtard collective.


K: politically, yes, I am equal to them...now in my family, we have 5 siblings,
myself and 4 other's, sisters and a brother... we each have different talents, my
brother has math and science skills I do not have.. but we are still equal,
his skills are something I don't have, but my skills are something he doesn't have....
now who is to say, his skills are superior to my skills? to say, Michael Jordan's skill
superior to my skills is to make some judgement about our respective skills...
that his skills are superior in basketball cannot be denied... but my philosophical
skills are superior to his...and so, how are we to judge them? what standard would
we used? which skills are more "valuable" is subject to debate........

that Einstein has a superior science and math skills cannot be debated,
he has without a question, greater math/science skills then I do, and his
contributions cannot be questioned, but does that make his skill's
"superior" to my skills? well, that depends on the standards one uses....

could Einstein dunk a basketball the way Jordan could? No, but does that lack of
skill diminish in any way, shape or form Einstein accomplishments? also no....

they are really apples and oranges type of thing...with no real way to
decide which skill is "superior"....if you cannot decide which skill is
superior, then the skills are equal....

and even if my philosophical thoughts never reach that of a Locke or
a Hume or even a Scheler, then how would you compare my philosophical
skill with dunking a basketball?

you can't......

Kropotkin

Intelligence is superior to all other skills. You are not superior or even equal to Einstein in intelligence, so stop projecting your libtarded delusions that you any kind of contender, in any category of fruitiness. Geesh.

Overall libtards (beta males, blue and pink haired feminists, people who are spiritually destitute, most of the mentally ill and physically incapable, and all the inferior pawns of evil)rely on society to compensate them for their shortcomings hence Marxism/Communism and desperately wanting equal outcomes so trophies for all the losers too.

Men are superior to women in terms of physical prowess and higher intelligences, not equals either.

Quit lying to yourself PK, then you may get some of your freedom back.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8467
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:26 am

WendyDarling wrote:
Peter Kropotkin wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Pk, you are equal to Einstein? You are equal to Michael Jordan? You are equal to Hemmingway? You are equal to Ruth Ginsburg?

You PK are only equal to the lowest common denominator which is the libtard collective.


K: politically, yes, I am equal to them...now in my family, we have 5 siblings,
myself and 4 other's, sisters and a brother... we each have different talents, my
brother has math and science skills I do not have.. but we are still equal,
his skills are something I don't have, but my skills are something he doesn't have....
now who is to say, his skills are superior to my skills? to say, Michael Jordan's skill
superior to my skills is to make some judgement about our respective skills...
that his skills are superior in basketball cannot be denied... but my philosophical
skills are superior to his...and so, how are we to judge them? what standard would
we used? which skills are more "valuable" is subject to debate........

that Einstein has a superior science and math skills cannot be debated,
he has without a question, greater math/science skills then I do, and his
contributions cannot be questioned, but does that make his skill's
"superior" to my skills? well, that depends on the standards one uses....

could Einstein dunk a basketball the way Jordan could? No, but does that lack of
skill diminish in any way, shape or form Einstein accomplishments? also no....

they are really apples and oranges type of thing...with no real way to
decide which skill is "superior"....if you cannot decide which skill is
superior, then the skills are equal....

and even if my philosophical thoughts never reach that of a Locke or
a Hume or even a Scheler, then how would you compare my philosophical
skill with dunking a basketball?

you can't......

W:
Intelligence is superior to all other skills. You are not superior or even equal to Einstein in intelligence, so stop projecting your libtarded delusions that you any kind of contender, in any category of fruitiness. Geesh.

K: and you know that intelligence is superior to all other skills, how?
and the fact is I may or may not be equal to Einstein in intelligence, but that doesn't even
matter... it isn't the intelligence that matters as much as the use of that intelligence...I know
plenty of people smarter then me, who have done nothing with that intelligence but waste it..

W:
Overall libtards (beta males, blue and pink haired feminists, people who are spiritually destitute, most of the mentally ill and physically incapable, and all the inferior pawns of evil)rely on society to compensate them for their shortcomings hence Marxism/Communism and desperately wanting equal outcomes so trophies for all the losers too.

K: once again full of assumptions, how do you "know" that feminists or communist, are
"spiritual destitute"... or how do you determine that one is "spiritual destitute"?
what does that even mean? and by your questions, you make the assumption that
you are not "spiritual destitute" but how do you prove that? you assume that only by
holding certain beliefs.. which quite conveniently are your beliefs, can you be an
American or superior or not "spiritual destitute"....you are a commie or inferior or
a waste of life if, if you don't hold the beliefs I hold....that is what you are saying....
you are arguing for the superiority of your beliefs without proving the superiority of
your beliefs.....

W:
Men are superior to women in terms of physical prowess and higher intelligences, not equals either.

K: wow, with that statement you concede that I am superior to you
in both physical prowess and, and have a higher intelligence....
and yet, you have demeaned me and called me "retard" among other things....

so you seem to be confused... am I as you say, a man thus superior to you or
am I lower then you, but how is that possible if you are a woman and less
intelligent then me.. your words, not mine....

but I say otherwise, men and women are equal in both intelligence and strength..
I happily concede that there are women who are physically stronger then I am,
and are smarter, more intelligent then I am......... my ego won't take a bruising to
admit the obvious....

you demean and attack me to feel better about yourself.. that is quite obvious.....

you clearly have self image problems... whereas I don't....simple as that....

W: stop lying to yourself PK, then you may get some of your freedom back.

K: I don't lie.. to myself or to others...and what freedoms I have come from
knowing exactly who I am... and what I believe in and why I hold those beliefs and not
other beliefs.....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9211
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:05 am

We can get our freedom back, but at great cost.

The first thing that needs to be done is an organized retreat. Conservative-Right-Republicans need to concentrate in an area where Liberal-Left-Democrats are not welcome and excluded completely. We need two separate societies. We need two separate states. If this cannot be done in the USA then it must be organized and done elsewhere. Until this happen, consider the USA occupied by foreign powers (China). The American people have lost control of the steering-wheel. The Republic has fallen, so it must be reasserted somewhere else immediately.

This also means a separation of "Social Media". It's not coincidence or irony that as soon as they Censored Still-President Trump from Twitter, that they banned Parler. They want to censor 51% of the Nation from speaking, thinking, communicating, socializing. This must be side-stepped. Create institutions, platforms, communication, and exclude the Liberal-Left-Democrats.

Here's The Truth of the matter.


The Conservative-Right-Republicans can live just fine without the Left. But they cannot live just fine without the Right. We are the Farmers, the Soldiers, the Workers, the People. They believe themselves "The Elite" who can treat anybody who disagrees with them as second-class citizens, or as they recently admitted, as "domestic terrorists". Again, we can live without them. They cannot live without us.

So let's live without them, whatever the cost, it is worth it.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:09 am

Consider the biggest shills on this forum as an example:

1. smears
2. Sculptor
3. Kropotkin
4. Zeroeth_Nature
5. dorkydood
6. lamb
7. promethean
8. Shillouette

Does anybody actually care what these types post, or respect their opinions? No, because they prove time and time and time again that they cannot hold reasoned, rational debates. They cannot engage philosophy. They do not care for or about philosophy. You present them with evidence, and they play stupid kid's game. They ignore. They dodge. They stop reading. Then they accuse you of what errors they commit themselves. Ultimately, they cannot defend what they think or believe in or why. And that's why they are unnecessary for what matters and what is most important in society. A one-sided debate goes nowhere.

The Left can keep their "intellectuals". The Right only needs the philosophers.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:12 am

So to conclude, a new society must be formed, and it must be Exclusive and Divisive.

Exclude those on the list above. Reform a Republic, reassert the Constitution, learn from past mistakes.



The next thing that needs to be done is a historical analysis of how USA rose so high, and then how we disintegrated and corroded over time.

The corruption can be tracked. That corruption must be dealt with. The rot must be purged. Then a new society can begin after the diagnosis and autopsy.



We are beginning the diagnosis and autopsy phase of western history.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:02 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:We can get our freedom back, but at great cost.

The first thing that needs to be done is an organized retreat. Conservative-Right-Republicans need to concentrate in an area where Liberal-Left-Democrats are not welcome and excluded completely. We need two separate societies. We need two separate states. If this cannot be done in the USA then it must be organized and done elsewhere. Until this happen, consider the USA occupied by foreign powers (China). The American people have lost control of the steering-wheel. The Republic has fallen, so it must be reasserted somewhere else immediately.

This also means a separation of "Social Media". It's not coincidence or irony that as soon as they Censored Still-President Trump from Twitter, that they banned Parler. They want to censor 51% of the Nation from speaking, thinking, communicating, socializing. This must be side-stepped. Create institutions, platforms, communication, and exclude the Liberal-Left-Democrats.

Here's The Truth of the matter.


The Conservative-Right-Republicans can live just fine without the Left. But they cannot live just fine without the Right. We are the Farmers, the Soldiers, the Workers, the People. They believe themselves "The Elite" who can treat anybody who disagrees with them as second-class citizens, or as they recently admitted, as "domestic terrorists". Again, we can live without them. They cannot live without us.

So let's live without them, whatever the cost, it is worth it.

I’d cheer if the conservative states succeeded from the union, it’d be a relief, a separation from overwhelming retardation and corruption. Let libtards fend for themselves and create their social utopia that they pay for themselves. And I am no Republican either, I’m without a party, but I’d choose the saner conservatives over the deranged libtards any day.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8467
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:47 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:We can get our freedom back, but at great cost.

The first thing that needs to be done is an organized retreat. Conservative-Right-Republicans need to concentrate in an area where Liberal-Left-Democrats are not welcome and excluded completely. We need two separate societies. We need two separate states. If this cannot be done in the USA then it must be organized and done elsewhere. Until this happen, consider the USA occupied by foreign powers (China). The American people have lost control of the steering-wheel. The Republic has fallen, so it must be reasserted somewhere else immediately.

This also means a separation of "Social Media". It's not coincidence or irony that as soon as they Censored Still-President Trump from Twitter, that they banned Parler. They want to censor 51% of the Nation from speaking, thinking, communicating, socializing. This must be side-stepped. Create institutions, platforms, communication, and exclude the Liberal-Left-Democrats.

Here's The Truth of the matter.


The Conservative-Right-Republicans can live just fine without the Left. But they cannot live just fine without the Right. We are the Farmers, the Soldiers, the Workers, the People. They believe themselves "The Elite" who can treat anybody who disagrees with them as second-class citizens, or as they recently admitted, as "domestic terrorists". Again, we can live without them. They cannot live without us.

So let's live without them, whatever the cost, it is worth it.


K: I can't even tell which part is more wrong because every word is just plain wrong....
when you attempt a coup on America, yes, you are a "domestic terrorist"
and according to the FBI, the greatest danger to America is right wing
"Domestic terrorism" but more then that... you are wrong that you can live without
the left for the very simple reason that America was founded upon liberal idea's....
"the entire consent of the governed" liberal, voting for all.. liberal... equal rights... liberal,
social security.. liberal.. the 5 day work week.. liberal... paid vacations.. liberal...
maternity leave... liberal.... even the very idea of a constitution and bill of rights, liberal.....

take away all these liberal idea's and what do you get?

a soviet union...... congratulations.......

the second point is that exclusion of any kind is simply doomed to failure....
name me a society that tried exclusion as you suggest and have it
succeed? South Africa and apartheid? that didn't end well, did it?
America and Jim Crow laws? that didn't end very well....

the type of exclusion you are looking for simply doesn't exists...
the right wing.. my way or the highway isn't a road that works
for anyone, including the right wing........

and the sooner that you come to realize that we need each other, now
more then ever, the sooner you will return to success...

recall that the GOP is and has been for over a decade, the minority party
in America...that there are far less republicans in America then there
are democrats... and that is a fact jack...and the trend will continue....

in the last election, the GOP lost the presidential election by over
7 million votes... with over 81 million people voting democratic...
a record number of voters...

and with the ongoing civil war in the GOP, it is going to remain the
minority party for a very long time......

look at the red state, blue state divide.... look at the red states, states like
Montana and south Dakota and Wyoming... and look at the blue states, Cal and New York
and Illinois.... the stronger, wealthier states are the blue states....Fla and Texas are soon
to turn blue permanently because of demographics... and at that point, not one single
top ten state will be red....and recall that the dem's won Arizona and Georgia the last
election.... that doesn't bode well for the GOP....and before you babble about fake elections,
I will point out that it is President Biden, not IQ45.....and that point cannot be contested...

the path you advocate is simply the path of failure... and on some level, you know that.....

when the going gets tough, the tough don't go running off to some far away land....
you fight through it.....you struggle and work your way to a solution of some sort....

and how does running away solve your problems? it doesn't......

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9211
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:28 am

Peter Kropotkin wrote:K: I can't even tell which part is more wrong because every word is just plain wrong....
when you attempt a coup on America, yes, you are a "domestic terrorist"

Actually you are the domestic terrorist. This is proved by how you recently excused death threats on this forum.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4765
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Have we ever been free? If so: Can we get our freedom ba

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:40 am

iambiguous wrote:
MagsJ wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Deleted. Effort is wasted on the evil and retarded.

Agree..

I don't argue with minds like these, I mock them. :lol:

No, you avoid us.. always.

Bring an argument, or shut your mouth!
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 21866
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Next

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users