who iambiguous actually is

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: who iambiguous actually is

Postby iambiguous » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:26 pm

Here's what I offer him:

iambiguous wrote:On the other hand, I am more than willing to discuss what he means by a "neo-liberal objectivist" who merely "pretends to be a nihilist" in a more substantive and substantial manner.

What on earth does he mean by that...given a particular set of circumstances where we can assess our respective moral and political philosophies.

Let's see if he has more intellectual moxie than those like Pedro and obsrvr524 and urwongx1000 and his very own mini-me Wendy when it comes to going there with me.

No huffing and puffing, no personal attacks, no polemics. Just a straight up discussion of how we have come to think about an issue at the existential juncture of identity, value judgments and political economy.

But this is all he is willing to come back with:

Zero_Sum wrote:
I only mock those that deserve it, I don't mock everybody. Feel free to respond to my previous post instead of talking about it, by actually doing it instead.

Most people when they see a clown or even a fool they just see the paint and the smiling grin, of course anybody familiar with history along with some more of the abstract unconventional notions that it encompasses there are more things to know about both concerning symbolic metaphors. Everybody is so concerned with surfaces, very few gaze what's underneath. :wink:

What I am curious about, however, is whether or not this is all he is capable of coming back with.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Zero_Sum » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:00 am

Biggie is a master at dancing around subjects, dodging assertions, or avoiding direct conversation, I called him a fake nihilist and a neo-liberal where of course he'll never address this indictment against him. You just can't take the guy seriously at all.
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Location: The People's Republic of the U.S.S.A - My pronouns are 'Fuck You'-

Postby iambiguous » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:16 am

Zero_Sum wrote:Biggie is a master at dancing around subjects, dodging assertions, or avoiding direct conversation, I called him a fake nihilist and a neo-liberal where of course he'll never address this indictment against him. You just can't take the guy seriously at all.

The same old Karpel Tunnel Stooge accusations.

All he has to do here is to focus in on a context in which we can explore our respective moral and political philosophies. In the philosophy forum, agreeing to avoid huffing and puffing and name-calling and personal attacks.

A civil and intelligent exchange such that as it unfolds, he can point out specific instances of both the accusations and the labels he affixes to me above and elsewhere.

I challenge him to start the thread himself.

Again, he can start here:

I am more than willing to discuss what he means by a "neo-liberal objectivist" who merely "pretends to be a nihilist" in a more substantive and substantial manner.

What on earth does he mean by that...given a particular set of circumstances where we can assess our respective moral and political philosophies.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:33 am

iambig why u always calling people names?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:57 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:iambig why u always calling people names?
Bingo. And while, of course, he gets called a lot of names. He starts it with the label objectivist in interaction after interaction, the name obviously meant perjoratively. And then after labeling, he will add in the reasons you disagree with him or complain about his behavior: read: it is never about his behavior, it is because we are afraid of losing the comfort of some contraption.

So insulting name, then mindreading. And that's as a rule, often in a play to the gallery, for over a decade.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:15 pm

I don't know, why did you think that something like this...

I'm sitting on my couch, watching a video of the alabama/lsu game while smoking a bong and waiting for chinese food to be delivered. I was thinking of getting someone over here to clean the place. This is usually what I'm doing, I've seen this game about 130-140 times now. Or I'm in the bathroom someplace, bored and using my phone to post on message boards while I poop.

...is appropriate to post on a forum called "I Love Philosophy"? Why are you basically a charter member of the "yak yak yak, social media" crowd here?

Also, note how many times I call people names on these thread:

https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=170060
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 8&t=195930
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 8&t=196100
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 8&t=196110
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=175121
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=195600
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=185296
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=175006
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=186929
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=195614
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=195964
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=185296
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=194382

As opposed to my attempt to ignite or to sustain discussions that would be of interest to those who might come into ILP because they do love philosophy?

My guess: dasein.

The accumulation of experiences in my life, like the accumulation of experiences in yours predisposed us to post as we do here.

Here and now as it were.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:49 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:
Bingo. And while, of course, he gets called a lot of names. He starts it with the label objectivist in interaction after interaction, the name obviously meant perjoratively. And then after labeling, he will add in the reasons you disagree with him or complain about his behavior: read: it is never about his behavior, it is because we are afraid of losing the comfort of some contraption.

First, of course, I make the attempt to explain that "objectivist" is only a word that subjectively has come to mean the following...to "me":

1] someone who believes that they are in sync with their real me and/or their core self and/or their "soul"
2] that this True Self is, in turn, in sync with The Right Thing To Do in regard to their moral and political values
3] that, in possession of political power, they come to embody authoritarianism and see the world as divided up between those who are "one of us" [the good guys] and "one of them" [the bad guys]

And that, given particular sets of circumstances, this can be an extremely dangerous and deadly combination. Historically, think folks like Stalin and Hitler.

And I don't "name" someone an objectivist in the manner in which Objectivists of Ayn Rand's ilk use that expression.

And, again, the irony is that in many crucial respects, I don't construe Karpel Tunnel to be an objectivist himself. To the best of my knowledge, he believes in neither God nor objective morality. Just like me.

BUT

He does embrace a "visceral, intuitive, deep-down-inside-me" Self that keeps being fractured and fragmented [as a pragmatist] at bay.

In other words:

"But if you come and say God says that iambiguous is not all those things I say he is, or you have a logical proof (somehow) a secular one that proves iambiguous is not all the things I say he is, I will not override the revulsion that I think and feel about him. Because that revulsion is, at least now, more me than a bunch of words on a page that seem, even to me, logical."

At least now.

I have attempted to explore that with him here: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=196034

But he "foed" me and refuses to explore the accusations and labels he thumps me [over and over again] with on the philosophy board here.

He basically hides behind the "foe" function.

Call it, say, the phoneutria syndrome.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:24 pm

I think iam is gay.

Which is fine, it's cool, I mean it's 2021.

But I think he's gay.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby iambiguous » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:37 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:I think iam is gay.

But I think he's gay.

Had to look that up:

"Gay: keenly alive and exuberant...having or inducing high spirits"

Yeah, sure, most of the time.

Now I'll look up "asshole".

Yep, that explains your avatar. Well at least in Merriam-Webster.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:12 am

I'm dying.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:12 am

Yes. Exuberant.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:27 am

Biggie, this thread should have begun with a poll about what you are.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby iambiguous » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:43 am

WendyDarling wrote:Biggie, this thread should have begun with a poll about what you are.

Well, when it comes to the lowest common denominator types that have infested ILP of late, we can count on you to create one.

Meanwhile, however, I'm clobbering "your man" here: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 2&t=196505

Oh, and on this thread of course.

Why don't you come to his, uh, rescue?

On the other hand, humiliating him is an actual challenge next to a mini-me of your ilk.

Still, just as with Pedro, nothing embarrasses you.

Does it?

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:58 am

Tell us more about the organic materialism of Marx and how all rational men and women are compelled to believe it (since anything that is true is objectively true for everybody to paraquote you).
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby iambiguous » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:10 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Tell us more about the organic materialism of Marx and how all rational men and women are compelled to believe it (since anything that is true is objectively true for everybody to paraquote you).

That's what this thread -- https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 3&t=195888 -- was created for. Well, not counting those of your ilk who use it to spray their dung about.

And I do not argue that all rational men and women are obligated to believe what Marx wrote. Let alone what I think he wrote. What I think here is encompassed in the arguments I make in my signature threads.

But what would the Kids here care about with regard to that?

Oh, and when you and Wendy finally tie the knot, please don't invite me to the wedding.

Although, sure, why don't we create a poll and vote on the names of all your children.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:19 am

iambiguous wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:And I do not argue that all rational men and women are obligated to believe what Marx wrote..

No? Because you simply insult anybody who doesn't.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby iambiguous » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:28 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:And I do not argue that all rational men and women are obligated to believe what Marx wrote..

No? Because you simply insult anybody who doesn't.

Yes, he actually has the gall to bitch about someone -- anyone -- using insults in their posts!!

See, I told you...

Pick one:

nothing
nothing
nothing
nothing
nothing
nothing
nothing
NOTHING
NOTHING
NOTHING
NOTHING

Embarrasses him!!

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:02 am

You embarrass me.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Zero_Sum » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:31 am

But I think he's gay.

:-k :-" Hmm....
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Postby iambiguous » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:36 am

Zero_Brains wrote:

But I think he's gay.

:-k :-" Hmm....

As usual, this being the philosophy board, Zero_Brains goes the extra mile to make sure that his point is well thought out.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:27 am

_
Damn! Iam’s gone all-out on their ass.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Zero_Sum » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:23 pm

MagsJ wrote:_

Hardly. :lol: 8)

We have two juggernaut hovering or towering intellectuals here on ILP, Peter and Iambiguous. They're simply the prime example of scholarly intellectualism I tell you where both parrot or regurgitate mainstream talking points, propaganda, and belief structures, truly an inspiration to us all. It is within their entirely mainstream insights where they lead by example putting us all in our collective places, they're such rebels as literally all they do is reinforce mainstream dogmas or opinions here on the forum. Such ground breaking iconoclasts of our era, truly. 8) *golf claps* =D>
Zero_Sum
Special Commisar Joker

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:43 pm

Zero_Brians wrote:
MagsJ wrote:_

Hardly. :lol: 8)

We have two juggernaut hovering or towering intellectuals here on ILP, Peter and Iambiguous. They're simply the prime example of scholarly intellectualism I tell you where both parrot or regurgitate mainstream talking points, propaganda, and belief structures, truly an inspiration to us all. It is within their entirely mainstream insights where they lead by example putting us all in our collective places, they're such rebels as literally all they do is reinforce mainstream dogmas or opinions here on the forum. Such ground breaking iconoclasts of our era, truly. 8)

Look, I gave him a chance to jettison the "fulminating fanatic" Zero_Brains persona here on this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 9&start=50

He blinked.

Now he is back to "character assassination", i.e. intellectual drivel of this sort.

Though, sure, the invitation is still open. Let us explore the manner in which he construes himself by focusing in on these things:

1] there is a "real me" and there is a set of moral and political values that encompass objectively "the right thing to do". You thought it was one thing, then another, then another.

2] there is no "real me" and there is no set of moral and political values that encompass objectively "the right thing to do". Instead "I" here is embodied subjectively/existentially in dasein, in moral and political prejudices...in the arguments I make for it/this in my signature threads; and specifically in this thread: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529 .

And this part:

Also, once you change your moral and political frame of mind, you are acknowledging that you were once wrong about the is/ought world around you. And, once you acknowledge this, you are acknowledging that, sure, you might be wrong again. You are acknowledging that, yeah, given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information, knowledge and ideas, you might be prompted to change your mind again. And again.

And this part:

So, what I suggest is that we focus in on a particular set of circumstances in which we can examine our respective moral and political philosophies. Given all of the points we raise above.

And, most important of all, I'm less interested in what you or I believed/believe regarding all of the things you and I were/are, and more interested in how exactly you and I would go about demonstrating to others that all rational men and women are obligated to think and feel the same.

And especially this part:

You say that "here and now" you are a "polytheistic pagan Gnostic with an affinity for mysticism, the esoteric, and the general occult. I lean kinda towards pantheism."

Okay, let's zero in on a particular context, a particular set of "conflicting goods" in which as this you now choose one set of behaviors that you would not have chosen as one of the many things you once were previously.

As this relates to my own interest in philosophy: morality here and now, immortality there and then.

And as it relates to your interests.

He either will or he won't. And if he chooses not to it is, in my view, either because he recognizes on some level what is at stake for his own precious objectivist Self here, or because he simply does not possess the intellectual capacity to go deeper.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:37 pm

I giggled at "iconoclasts."

They fearlessly go where CNN has gone before.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby phoneutria » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:52 am

here's what's up
biggie is just trying really hard to be a first tier ILPer
just wanna be one of the guys
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy