My Agreements With Ecmandu

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:57 pm

WendyDarling wrote:So you don’t know exactly. Why doesn’t everybody agree to try it to see what happens, especially if they’re bored? It would definitely be something new, never experienced before. How’s about all the females combine to become the perfect female and the males combine to become the perfect male?


You can’t be a great spirit without men and women spirits both living in you; guiding you as well.

It’s a pretty absurd idea that this can be accomplished the way you described it (all women in a woman and all men in a man).

Actually, I do know... I just told you; it’s impossible for all beings to be the same being. Ultimate perfection from the idea that there’s only one possible perfect being left is non existence.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:02 pm

Why do you think that all our energies are going to disappear? That energy could disappear?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:07 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Why do you think that all our energies are going to disappear? That energy could disappear?


You didn’t read me correctly. I stated that if this were to happen, existence would cease to exist. I then went in to say that this is impossible. This perfect single being from your idea of it is metaphysically impossible; never has happened, never will happen, never can happen, never could happen.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:15 pm

How do you know? It hasn’t been done. You cannot flip the script if it’s the same trillion year old script. What you are telling me is that nothingness exists and I’m calling that bullshit. Our energy will continue on to create again, but new things with the combined resources.

I’m looking at it like this...we return home changed and together build a new home.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:24 pm

WendyDarling wrote:How do you know? It hasn’t been done. You cannot flip the script if it’s the same trillion year old script. What you are telling me is that nothingness exists and I’m calling that bullshit. Our energy will continue on to create again, but new things with the combined resources.

I’m looking at it like this...we return home changed and together build a new home.


Wendy, you do not understand what I’m saying!!!

I’m going to make this as simple as I possibly can!!!

If everything is exactly the same, it is exactly the same as nothing at all.

Nothing at all is metaphysically impossible.

We never have a condition in existence where everything is exactly the same; there is ALWAYS otherness, no matter what.

There is even other from/for any hypothetical god.

Otherness is required of existence and existence always exists; it has to. There are deeper proofs for this, but I’ll stop there.

And yes, I do know this.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:33 pm

So you are saying that one being could not possess all differences, be multifaceted? Now you have to be explain it all.

If conscious energy is eternal, what’s the problem? All emotions can be housed in one being?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:35 pm

One thing cannot become two things?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:37 pm

WendyDarling wrote:One thing cannot become two things?


Not if two things didn’t exist before.

One thing is zero things.

Even one and zero are two things.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:44 pm

I disagree. Only one thing needs to exist to create the potential for more. One perfect embodiment of all potential.

If non existence is impossible then there is no true zero.
Last edited by WendyDarling on Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby promethean75 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:46 pm

Excuse me, but is this the thread where ecmandu and wendy discuss the spirit world?
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 4047
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:57 pm

WendyDarling wrote:I disagree. Only one thing needs to exist to create the potential for more. One perfect embodiment of all potential.

If non existence is impossible then there is no true zero.


You’re wrong. There’s nothing to disagree with, it’s a metaphysical fact that:

Everything exactly the same (one thing) = nothing at all.

Promethean, yes.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:44 pm

How can one thing be nothing?

By your logic, zero does not exist, non existence is an impossibility (which I agree with), one does not exist.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:50 pm

What is potential?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:04 pm

WendyDarling wrote:What is potential?


Potential doesn’t exist without otherness.

I really don’t think you get it.

I’ll explain this to you another way:

An infinite souls were never born and they never die.

Infinitely doesn’t work like a number; it’s totally different.

Without otherness, actually, infinite otherness, existence either stagnates or couldn’t exist.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:09 pm

Is there more than one existence?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:19 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Is there more than one existence?


Wendy, in short, we have so many options at our disposal that you don’t understand right now.

Short answer; yes and no.

Anyone is insane to say there’s more than one existence.

But that’s not the full story.

Like I said before; god cannot be everyone, because if god were everyone, everyone would have the same consciousness. We don’t. We never will.

There will always be ‘other than god’. Not even god has the power to make this untrue

It’s not just what you know, it’s what you do with it.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Zeroeth Nature » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:49 am

WendyDarling wrote:What does cutting through the whole ball of yarn amount to?


In order to answer this question, I'll have to address some of your and Ecmandu's subsequent posts. The short answer, though, is that I was thinking of the Tibetan term "Chöd" or "chod":

"According to Mahayana Buddhists, emptiness is the ultimate wisdom of understanding that all things lack inherent existence. [...] The chod practitioner seeks to tap the power of fear [...] in order to put their understanding of emptiness to the ultimate test." (English Wikipedia, Chöd.)

::

Ecmandu wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:For me, catching reality shifts requires excellent memory, recognizing differences immediately rather than telling yourself that your memory is playing tricks on you. I haven’t been paying attention much lately though but when movies and books change, it’s hard to ignore.

How do you deal with the artificial feel of major changes, Ec?


Actually, it doesn’t require really good memory, it’s just an ‘empowerment’. When every street sign on your block changes and you’re the only one who remembers it (not hard to do) and then you realize nobody else remembers it... you’re like “fuck, that’s some scary shit!”

I’ve gotten used to it over the years.

This current world that we’re in is every bit as much of a dream world as your actually dreams.


Well, yes and no. Yes, it too is a dream world, but no, it's not as much of a dream world as your actual dreams: for as you say, we are in this world; that is, this world is not in us. We are part of this dream world, and our "actual" dreams are actually dreams within dreams. So when you experience a change in every street sign on your block and nobody else seems to notice, it's probably just a change occurring in your dream, not in the dream that is this world at large...

You continue:

To stay steady, you need an extremely solid spiritual root.

I can still talk to you, that’s because my roots are strong and deep; they extend to all the worlds.


Again, yes and no. Yes, "your" roots extend to all the worlds, in the sense of "the roots of you—and of all other 'spirits'!" But no, in another sense they are not your roots, but "Its" roots: the roots of the Rootless, if you see what I mean. (They are not the roots of some "tree" that is the Rootless, but they belong to the Rootless, they are part of It, they stretch into It and end within It.)

::

Ecmandu wrote:One thing is zero things.

Even one and zero are two things.


I agree with this, but for very different reasons. For I do indeed say that nothingness exists, in fact it is all that "exists"... There is only one thing and it is Nothing. Like I wrote only a couple of days after my awakening (bodhi):

'It is the Nothing or nothingness which is what I've called zeroth nature—that which alone gives rise to "natures", "first natures", e.g. human "nature". Recall that thing I said [...] about being bounded by boundlessness. This is the only true necessity: the maddening lonesomeness of the One or the Nothing, which impels It to WILL Its Other, Its Opposite, the loveliest being It could possibly imagine...'

The One is Nothing and therefore dreams up an other One, Which is not Nothing... The former is the Rootless, the latter the rooted—and the latter includes this current world, including all "spirits" within it. Your idea of hyperdimensional mirror realities is meant to preserve precisely what makes "spirits" flawed in the first place, namely their objective separate existence—the illusion of their existence! Wholeness means the Whole, the Hole, the Rootless, the groundless Ground.—
User avatar
Zeroeth Nature
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 1:31 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:48 am

Zeroeth Nature wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:What does cutting through the whole ball of yarn amount to?


In order to answer this question, I'll have to address some of your and Ecmandu's subsequent posts. The short answer, though, is that I was thinking of the Tibetan term "Chöd" or "chod":

"According to Mahayana Buddhists, emptiness is the ultimate wisdom of understanding that all things lack inherent existence. [...] The chod practitioner seeks to tap the power of fear [...] in order to put their understanding of emptiness to the ultimate test." (English Wikipedia, Chöd.)

::

Ecmandu wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:For me, catching reality shifts requires excellent memory, recognizing differences immediately rather than telling yourself that your memory is playing tricks on you. I haven’t been paying attention much lately though but when movies and books change, it’s hard to ignore.

How do you deal with the artificial feel of major changes, Ec?


Actually, it doesn’t require really good memory, it’s just an ‘empowerment’. When every street sign on your block changes and you’re the only one who remembers it (not hard to do) and then you realize nobody else remembers it... you’re like “fuck, that’s some scary shit!”

I’ve gotten used to it over the years.

This current world that we’re in is every bit as much of a dream world as your actually dreams.


Well, yes and no. Yes, it too is a dream world, but no, it's not as much of a dream world as your actual dreams: for as you say, we are in this world; that is, this world is not in us. We are part of this dream world, and our "actual" dreams are actually dreams within dreams. So when you experience a change in every street sign on your block and nobody else seems to notice, it's probably just a change occurring in your dream, not in the dream that is this world at large...

You continue:

To stay steady, you need an extremely solid spiritual root.

I can still talk to you, that’s because my roots are strong and deep; they extend to all the worlds.


Again, yes and no. Yes, "your" roots extend to all the worlds, in the sense of "the roots of you—and of all other 'spirits'!" But no, in another sense they are not your roots, but "Its" roots: the roots of the Rootless, if you see what I mean. (They are not the roots of some "tree" that is the Rootless, but they belong to the Rootless, they are part of It, they stretch into It and end within It.)

::

Ecmandu wrote:One thing is zero things.

Even one and zero are two things.


I agree with this, but for very different reasons. For I do indeed say that nothingness exists, in fact it is all that "exists"... There is only one thing and it is Nothing. Like I wrote only a couple of days after my awakening (bodhi):

'It is the Nothing or nothingness which is what I've called zeroth nature—that which alone gives rise to "natures", "first natures", e.g. human "nature". Recall that thing I said [...] about being bounded by boundlessness. This is the only true necessity: the maddening lonesomeness of the One or the Nothing, which impels It to WILL Its Other, Its Opposite, the loveliest being It could possibly imagine...'

The One is Nothing and therefore dreams up an other One, Which is not Nothing... The former is the Rootless, the latter the rooted—and the latter includes this current world, including all "spirits" within it. Your idea of hyperdimensional mirror realities is meant to preserve precisely what makes "spirits" flawed in the first place, namely their objective separate existence—the illusion of their existence! Wholeness means the Whole, the Hole, the Rootless, the groundless Ground.—



No. This world really is a dream world.

I know a lot about the practice of chod; it literally translates as “feeding your demons”. But this is a silly thing to get into pissing match about.

What you need to understand about perfection is that when the Buddha breaks free of samsara, he’s a winner and everyone else is a loser ... when this happens, you’ll get sent to hell. The Buddha will be sent to hell.

Zero sum realities send every possible being to hell forever; thus my entry in the cosmos. To fix it.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:32 pm

EC, you didn’t enter, you were always here, maybe dreaming rather than awake. But I’d like to get back to otherness and the fact that one thing has otherness self contained due to its potential to have dimensions.

ZOR, Did you refer to nothing as a something from which another something comes or are you agreeing with EC, that otherness cannot be self contained.

I think I need a couple of examples of things without dimensions or the potential to have dimensions.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:46 pm

WendyDarling wrote:EC, you didn’t enter, you were always here, maybe dreaming rather than awake. But I’d like to get back to otherness and the fact that one thing has otherness self contained due to its potential to have dimensions.

ZOR, Did you refer to nothing as a something from which another something comes or are you agreeing with EC, that otherness cannot be self contained.

I think I need a couple of examples of things without dimensions or the potential to have dimensions.


Well, we’ve all always existed. Universe, cosmos and multiverse are all subsets of the larger term existence... that which is. Infinity is so vast, the the word “all” can’t even be used on it.

There no highest dimension in existence... the dimensions are infinite, thus no “all”.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:11 pm

If there is only one existence, there is only one thing with dimensions and we are the othernesses contained within one thing, existence, but as Biggie drones on about incessantly, the “I” that is fractured and fragmented into everything contained in existence.

How do we become whole again? Do all fragments desire improvement, whatever that may mean to them?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:23 pm

WendyDarling wrote:If there is only one existence, there is only one thing with dimensions and we are the othernesses contained within one thing, existence, but as Biggie drones on about incessantly, the “I” that is fractured and fragmented into everything contained in existence.

How do we become whole again? Do all fragments desire improvement, whatever that may mean to them?


You have to understand, when you use words like this, existence is unbound infinity, it is not a thing.

It is process itself.

You can’t just “look at existence”. You can ascertain patterns that won’t change, and like I do, work to change them, but nobody can “look at existence” as a whole... that’s the necessary otherness built into it.

We were all pretty smart when we made our current reality together... We all made me.

You might think this makes me very special, far from it, I’m the being offered the job of testing the reality we all agreed upon.

I take no glory in my intelligence, my job.

What makes us special is to make everyone special... this existence makes that impossible currently.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:48 pm

Impossible because we are all pieces of a puzzle needing to be put back together. What’s impossible about everyone entering heaven, a monumental change that matters.

So far there’s been no improvement only more despair and mental illness because dreams are not enough.
Last edited by WendyDarling on Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:51 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Impossible because we are all pieces of a puzzle needing to be put back together. What’s impossible about everyone entering heaven, a monumental change that matters.


Heaven is different for everyone. Home is different for everyone. Our current plan doesn’t accommodate for that.

To have the specific job that I have, you have to know and feel everyone’s wish, their true home. Everyone has a different home. No two are alike. That means nobody goes home... unless you change the plan.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11458
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: My Agreements With Ecmandu

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Impossible because we are all pieces of a puzzle needing to be put back together. What’s impossible about everyone entering heaven, a monumental change that matters.


Heaven is different for everyone. Home is different for everyone. Our current plan doesn’t accommodate for that.

To have the specific job that I have, you have to know and feel everyone’s wish, their true home. Everyone has a different home. No two are alike. That means nobody goes home... unless you change the plan.

Seems everyones plan is for perfection, I know the place, the feeling. How do I share this with you?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users