phoneutria and iambiguous don't contend

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: phoneutria and iambiguous don't contend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:41 am

perpetualburn wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:
perpetualburn wrote:
My point is that you don't read well... "all I hear is someone wishing people would just "disappear"...How can you take that from what ZN said...just go back and read the posts pertaining to Nietzsche and degenerates... Also, how is my treatment of Nietzsche a "mockery"?

Quotes?

When he speaks for himself, that's what he says. He wishes all these nasty people would just disappear. And then he hides behind some Nietzsche quotes. You nazis really have no balls, but no shame either.

I have not heard him, or you for that matter, express any wish for any killing. Because you are both soft, and yellow bellied.

Your treatment of Nietzsche is a mockery for the above reason, first. We'll deal with the rest as it comes.

So I'm a Nazi for not expressing a wish for killing?

No, that just makes you soft.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:42 am

MagsJ wrote:_
Pedro, why you bothering feeding a troll?

He is arguing from the past/past dramas, and has forgotten his own drug-fuelled incoherency over the years.

This guy ever dare respond to me again, and I’ll ensure he wished he hadn’t!

Fuck it. I gave it to the commies, now it's the nazis' turn. They're one and the same anyway, as I am demonstrating with the groupthink thing.

Apart from a predilection for quoting Nietzsche, his opinions are indistinguishable from Mowk/Mo's.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby perpetualburn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:54 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:

Says the guy who's built like a skater-crackhead on a rapid decline
As a pillar of rising smoke did my angel condescend and appear, standing without reserve on the exhausted banks of infinite sorrow.

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/f6-agora
perpetualburn

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:56 am

perpetualburn wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:

That was kinda charming.

I'll still break your back in two in a second though.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:57 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
perpetualburn wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:

That was kinda charming.

I'll still break your back in two in a second though.

It's always tough when you realize someone has been following your life, forming emotional bonds to your output, making croquis of you in their heads.

'M I supposed to get mad at this guy? That really is how I am built.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Zeroeth Nature » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:03 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:You really cannot process examples presented in question form?

Where did you get your degree?

Still haven't heard an example of a shared opinion. And I don't have a degree.

There can no longer be any question that MagsJ is in the middle of the whole cesspool thing. And she still seems to think I'm Fixed Jacob, what with the "drug-fuelled" remark!
Zeroeth Nature

Postby Zeroeth Nature » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:03 am

perpetualburn wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:

Lol.
Zeroeth Nature

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:06 am

Zeroeth Nature wrote:And I don't have a degree.

Well I guess you're not all bad then. That doesn't exempt you from basic reading skill though.

Pedro I Rengel wrote:For example Olly-o. Lol what the fuck do you know about nuclear power plants? The "environment," but, more importantly, what should be done about it? Why did it ever cross a Dutchman's mind to hate lol fucking Christians in Mississippi?

Is it coincidence that you, an "original" thinker, who spent decades forging thoughts, opinions and theorems out of exhaustive studies of scholars and notebooks so rare, probably less than 1000 people have read them, have the exact same feelings as any other leftist douche professor, who would like the "nasties," or if you want it more grounded "deplorables" to just disappear already? And would like the state to take care of that for you?

Why, if your views are so unique, do they align so perfectly with the standard douchebag leftist professor who listens to fucking Tibetan budists chants?
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Zeroeth Nature » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:15 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:For example Olly-o. Lol what the fuck do you know about nuclear power plants? The "environment," but, more importantly, what should be done about it?

Knowledge or the lack thereof is not an opinion.

Why did it ever cross a Dutchman's mind to hate lol fucking Christians in Mississippi?

The reason something crossed my mind is not an opinion.

Is it coincidence that you, an "original" thinker, who spent decades forging thoughts, opinions and theorems out of exhaustive studies of scholars and notebooks so rare, probably less than 1000 people have read them, have the exact same feelings as any other leftist douche professor, who would like the "nasties," or if you want it more grounded "deplorables" to just disappear already? And would like the state to take care of that for you?

Feelings and likes are not opinions.

Why, if your views are so unique, do they align so perfectly with the standard douchebag leftist professor who listens to fucking Tibetan budists chants?

Listening to Tibetan Buddhist chants is not an opinion.
Zeroeth Nature

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:22 am

Zeroeth Nature wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:For example Olly-o. Lol what the fuck do you know about nuclear power plants? The "environment," but, more importantly, what should be done about it?

What is your opinion regarding the environment? How does it relate to politics?

Zeroeth Nature wrote:
Why did it ever cross a Dutchman's mind to hate lol fucking Christians in Mississippi?

What is your opinion regarding Christians in Mississippi?

Zeroeth Nature wrote:

What is your opinion about these deplorables?

Zeroeth Nature wrote:

No, but it sort of enforces the whole concept of remarkable homogeneity. And the question was why do your opinions align with other such douches, more than the fact of the douchebag budist chants.

This was more than a little embarrassing. You are supposed to be some kind of scholar.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:30 am

Zeroeth Nature wrote:
phoneutria wrote:absolutely yes, and slightly perplexed at the question
but then, you've already posted your rationale for willing oneself out of existence
so maybe the surprise is unwarranted

This response makes no sense, for multiple reasons. First off, you seem to confound "way of life" with "life". And second, what I posted is Nietzsche's rationale for the degenerating and parasitical to will themselves out of existence.

nope I am not confounding way of life with life
i'm straight up saying that abandoning my way of life equals death
my culture is me and i am my culture and that is what i live for
and to ponder on whether my way of life is really all that great
is the same as to ponder on whether my life is all that great
i'm like a proud farmer who says with conviction that his is the best produce on that land
except what i say with conviction is that there is no better blood on this land
because we keep all that is good, and what is bad we rip out
so what i am saying is that if you have to ask yourself
if your way of life is all that great
then you just might be one of these degenerating and parasitical people
who should will themselves out of existence
i for one will myself into living forever

but for what it is worth
because it might he a strange concept to a modern day european
for people who like me grew up in a jungle
there is no separation between the old way of life and environment protection

I didn't know you grew up in a jungle, and did all Brazilians grow up in a jungle?
Or even most Brazilians? What about all the glue-sniffing kids in the slums whose organs get harvested—is their life also absolutely fabulous?

lol do you get your news from movies starring josh duhamel?
i'm years ahead of you on trolling ollie
if you want a serious response, ask a serious question
but if you want to know why a lot of kids don't get an absolutely fabulous life here in the 3rd world
see my previous post about corruption
also worth mentioning
those people who want to seize the amazon
don't give a shit about them

You make it all sound so swell... But what do you mean by "major armed conflict": large-scale armed conflict? I mean, sure, if Yugoslavia had attacked Italy it would have been a larger-scale conflict, but I'd still say the Yugoslav Wars were pretty major... Consider also Africa (the Rwandan genocide for example), not to mention the Middle East. Also, this might be of some interest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_at_War

i mean the two world wars
along with mao's china
everything else pales in comparison
including the ones you mentioned

By itself that's obviously a terrible map. I mean, what does "original" even mean here?

it's not exactly classified data
just google 'deforestation over time' and have your pick
though...

"It is no use appealing to ancient Germanic custom and chastity: there are no Germani anymore, nor are there any forests anymore." (N, Summer-Autumn 1884 26 [363].)

This and other sources suggest to me that "original" means "before the Industrial Revolution". And sure, it's unfair to some extent to blame developing countries for the same things developed countries did before them. (Did you know, by the way, that Medieval Europeans pretty much fished their rivers and lakes empty? They thought there was no end to God's bounty!)

... it sounds like you don't need a map at all

Right, let Bolsonaro do that instead...

let him do what? shaming tatics?
or do you mean take good care of the Amazon? in which case:
1 - beats the hell out of letting foreign interests who obviously don't give a shit about the brazilian people do it
2 - he was literally elected by a simple majority of votes here, he had 10 million votes more than haddad
3 - do you have data to sustain that his Amazon policies are bad?
i love charts
maybe you have some charts?

Well, with this one I was at least able to find the source (the English Wikipedia article on niobium)...

that's it?
is that all you have to say to all that?
did you forget to add something along the lines of
"indeed it does appear as though the G7 is completely full of shit"?

I believe Nietzsche when he says, "nobody lies as much as the indignant do.—" (BGE 26.)

indeed!
so tell us what's up with ollie
that he's so indignant these days?
getting into piss fights online...
jeez
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby perpetualburn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:44 am

What's with the hard returns, phoneutria? Are you trying to torture anyone trying to read your posts?
As a pillar of rising smoke did my angel condescend and appear, standing without reserve on the exhausted banks of infinite sorrow.

http://knowthyself.forumotion.net/f6-agora
perpetualburn

Postby Zeroeth Nature » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:52 am

perpetualburn wrote:What's with the hard returns, phoneutria? Are you trying to torture anyone trying to read your posts?

Yeah, it's quite annoying. As if it's all a poem she's writing... I was thinking of doing the same in my replies to her, except like
this.
Zeroeth Nature

Postby phoneutria » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:12 am

they make for nice blocking
to keep ideas in neatly allocated spaces
and they break at breathing pauses
they can also be used
for the purpose
of
emphasis
like this
as well as a preventer of walls of text
my nemesis

anyway, reads like it speaks
and if you're tortured by this
i'll assume you're tortured by poetry
which makes you a philistine
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby Zeroeth Nature » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:55 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Zeroeth Nature wrote:

What is your opinion regarding the environment? How does it relate to politics?

I understand that this is, in part, part of your rhetoric, but it's also making it too easy on yourself. You were supposed to state any opinions of mine that I share with the typical leftist professor (that is, to state what you think I opine and you think the typical leftist professor opines, too...).

I've already made myself very clear with regard to the Holocenocaust and my proposed solution to it.

Zeroeth Nature wrote:

What is your opinion regarding Christians in Mississippi?

I'll tell you, but note that my answer is no more detailed or nuanced than your question:

That they should die as soon as possible.

Zeroeth Nature wrote:

What is your opinion about these deplorables?

Wait, isn't this the same question as the last?

Let me emphasize, though, that I think there are deplorables—and nondeplorables—among all classes of people. It's just that I think we should start with those with the largest ecological footprints—and with Christians, for that matter, because Christianity is considerably worse than, say, Islam.

Zeroeth Nature wrote:

No, but it sort of enforces the whole concept of remarkable homogeneity. And the question was why do your opinions align with other such douches, more than the fact of the douchebag budist chants.

This was more than a little embarrassing. You are supposed to be some kind of scholar.

Don't worry, I understood your rhetoric just fine.

Did you even listen to that chant? It's the only Tibetan one I ever listen to. And besides that there's only one other Buddhist chant, I think it's Taiwanese.
Zeroeth Nature

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:05 am

You fucking doofus, I'm not asking you because I want to know. I already know. As shown by your answers.

Zeroeth Nature wrote: You were supposed to state any opinions of mine that I share with the typical leftist professor

Can you stop squirming? Staring at the board ain't gonna change the pieces.

Enviornment

Sawy: equal to standard leftist douchebag professor? check

Nuclear power plants? check

The reason these questions are asked, is not for some flashy effect. It is because it shows how all your supposed scholarly work is meaningless drivel, as shown by the fact that your political opinions are the same as all others of your class that never did that research. I will quote what I wrote about evolution at the end.

Zeroeth Nature wrote:That they should die as soon as possible.

Sawy: equal to standard leftist douchebag professor? check

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Why did it ever cross a Dutchman's mind to hate lol fucking Christians in Mississippi?

What is important, again, isn't your pansy ass violated-safe-space holocaust dreams, it is the fact that it is unrelated to any of your supposed scholarly work, or even personal life.

Zeroeth Nature wrote:Wait, isn't this the same question as the last?

I don't know, I don't keep up with who makes it on your holocaust list.

Zeroeth Nature wrote:Did you even listen to that chant?

No of course I didn't. What do I look like some piece of shit asshole communist hippie academic? You fuckface.

Pedro I Rengel wrote:If one were to look at it from an evolutionary studies perspective, one would wonder whether university professors' opinions shape the university intellectual sphere, or if rather the environmental pressures and circumstances of university shape the thoughts of the professor.
Last edited by Pedro I Rengel on Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:05 am

Zeroeth Nature wrote: My opposition to Christianity, man-made climate change, Trump et al. etc. is rooted in my will to the opposite of nihilism, namely a world of polities like ancient Israel, Sparta, and Carthage...

iambiguous wrote:Okay, but how is this assessment not in turn derived existentially from the life that you lived, the experiences you had, the relationships you sustained, the information, knowledge and ideas you came upon. Acknowledging in turn that had your life, your experiences, your relationships, your access to information, knowledge and idea, been very different, you would almost certainly not be rooting "my will to the opposite of nihilism, namely a world of polities like ancient Israel, Sparta, and Carthage", at all.

Zeroeth Nature wrote: Ha yes, I suppose I'm an objectivist with regard to the opposite of nihilism, and nihilism itself for that matter! I think I know what nihilism, perfect nihilism, is... But sure, even if I know what the diametrical opposite of nihilism is, in theory, then I may still be wrong about ancient Israel, Sparta, Carthage, etc.—my views of them may indeed be coloured by my dasein or whatever.

Again, that you think you know what perfect nihilism is doesn't really help me to understand how what you do think it is is manifested existentially when you interact with others and they challenge your behaviors as a result of conflicting value judgments.

I've tried to explain my reaction to those when in a similar situation I attempt to articulate moral nihilism to them and how "for all practical purposes" it results in "I" feeling "fractured and fragmented". In fact there are any number of reactions from folks right here at ILP.

But perfect nihilism? How do you explain it to others in regard to conflicting goods. And why is that important? Well, just check the daily news for a week or so. Conflicting goods are everywhere.

Though, sure, you noted above that you don't spend a lot of time interacting with others. And that certainly is one way to keep perfect nihilism to yourself.

Zeroeth Nature wrote: But as I said, with most people it's simply no use to try and explain it to them. And even you are one of those people.

iambiguous wrote: Perhaps because given how they live in the "here and now" -- the modern/post modern industrial world -- what is believed by you "in your head" about a world long gone, is all that much more obscure and immaterial and beside the point. Extrinsic and extraneous to the reality of their day to day interactions out in the world as it is now.

Zeroeth Nature wrote: Well, I think that's a problematic sentiment—akin to disbelief in science and scholarship (of History, in this case). And on this note, I'll bow out of my discussion with you. It's been good for me, though. You're a nice, paradoxical kind of nihilist Socrates.

What's problematic about science here? Yes, we know more today than societies did way back then, but the laws of science are applicable going even further back. Back to the Big Bang for example.

I'll be blunt with you.

Just as I share your reaction in regard to the "philosophy" of those here like Meno -- that it can appear at times to be intellectual gibberish -- your own assessments are not at all far removed [to me] from the the intellectual contraptions of those like Fixed Jacob and Satyr. Not exactly gibberish but still largely encompassing a world of words that almost never actually touch down on the planet itself. Unless you count "in your head".

Especially in regard to "perfect nihilism". It all does fit together somehow in your head but I'll be damned if I am any closer to understanding it given that which is of must interest to me philosophically.

Mainly the arguments I make in my signature threads.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382

tiny nietzsche: what's something that isn't nothing, but still feels like nothing?
iambiguous: an exchange between Pedro and Smears?
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Zeroeth Nature » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:33 am

perpetualburn wrote:
Zeroeth Nature wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:You never said you want to kill all those Christians.

You said you want them to die off.

This is actually an interesting subject, though of course you were just making snide remarks.

To my knowledge, Nietzsche never speaks of killing the degenerating and parasitical etc. Not just not of killing them himself, but not even of other people killing them (except for suicide by cop and the like). Instead, he says things like this:

Well, he does say in Ecce Homo:

"Let us look a century ahead, and let us suppose that my attempt to destroy two millenniums of hostility to Nature and of the violation of humanity be crowned with success That new party of life-advocates, which will undertake the greatest of all tasks, the elevation and perfection of mankind, as well as the relentless destruction of all degenerate and parasitical elements, will make that superabundance of life on earth once more possible"

You could interpret that as Nietzsche advocating other people actually killing ("relentless destruction")

Right, that's the same section as the one from my "merciless annihilation of everything degenerating and parasitical" (which is just a more literal translation). And the larger context that you quote shows that he did indeed look forward to people whose "task" would include that "relentless destruction". Still, if I task you with the annihilation (Vernichtung, "rendering to nothing") of Pablo here, that's not saying anything about how you are to accomplish that; you might still do so by driving him to suicide. And indeed:

Whereas here, in the quote below, it's more driving them to despair or self extinction... Nevertheless, he does say he "wants wars" and killing is generally a part of war, and driving out the others doesn't necessarily mean only to despair... You can certainly drive someone off a literal cliff

"I want wars in which the vital and courageous drive out the others —you ought to expel them, shower them with every manner of contempt, or lock them up in insane asylums, drive them to despair"

"Drive out", "expel", "shower them with contempt", "lock them up", "drive them to despair": none of these seem to involve killing them directly. Although in WP 55, he does say this:

"Symptoms of this self-destruction of the underprivileged: self-vivisection, poisoning, intoxication, romanticism, above all the instinctive need for actions that turn the powerful into mortal enemies (as it were, one breeds one's own hangmen)[.]"

Moreover:

Does anything in Nietzsche suggest he would be against people killing for the "greatest of all tasks."

No, certainly not. And even if he did, I wouldn't...

"Suppose there is no 'other world' to flee to; suppose there is only this world, condemned by Christian ideals as cruel, false, purposeless, meaningless; suppose then that it does not happen just once, releasing men forever to a dreamless sleep, but must repeat itself senselessly always, grinding in the horror of existence like a cosmic dentist's drill—would that not produce a truly 'ecstatic nihilism'?" (George A. Morgan, What Nietzsche Means, pp. 356-57.)

"Let the Magus then contemplate each in turn, raising it to the ultimate power of Infinity. Wherein Sorrow is Joy, and Change is Stability, and Selflessness is Self. For the interplay of the parts hath no action upon the whole." (Aleister Crowley, "The Book of the Magus", 16.)

That's one of the best unintended descriptions of a hellish 5-meo-dmt trip I've heard yet lol... Pleasure becomes pain, pain becomes pleasure as you grind away senselessly in the horror of existence, on some cosmic wheel of torture spinning eternally...until you wake up...refreshed

I can imagine, though I've never done that particular psychedelic. I've been doing what Crowley says without drugs, though. But then, it's not pain, but sorrow,dukkha—"unsatisfactoriness". How that is transformed into joy?

"[Nietzsche's doctrine of eternal return] is what makes moments caught up in the immanence of return suddenly appear as ends. In every other system, don't forget, these moments are viewed as means: Every moral system proclaims that 'each moment of life ought to be motivated.' Return unmotivates the moment and frees life of ends." (Bataille, source unknown—I got it from an inspirational quotes site...)

I was looking back at your "State of the World Address" and stumbled upon this quote:

[H]ow can we understand the so-called wrathful deities, the focus of so many contemplative practices in Tibetan Buddhism? In essence, their awesome appearance expresses the invincible power of compassion.
Imagine a mother whose child was about to be run over by a car. She would not hesitate, or gently say, 'Please move away from the road.' She would immediately grab the child and pull him forcibly to safety. Her act is violent in appearance only. In truth she has saved her child's life." (_Demonic Divine_, Foreword.)

Reminded of this from TSZ:

" So alien are ye in your souls to what is great, that to you the Superman would be FRIGHTFUL in his goodness!

And ye wise and knowing ones, ye would flee from the solar-glow of the wisdom in which the Superman joyfully batheth his nakedness!

Ye highest men who have come within my ken! this is my doubt of you, and my secret laughter: I suspect ye would call my Superman—a devil! "

Yes, exactly. Goodness. (As for those high writings of mine, I'm pretty sure I don't agree with everything I said there anymore, but they were certainly inspired. As with my "Natural High" song, the marijuana was mostly just a catalyst for the release of latent stuff. In both cases I hadn't used any in a long time.)
Zeroeth Nature

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:54 am

So, olly, what the fuck do you know about the environment?

Or nuclear powerplants?

And what the fuck does give with some fucking Dutch nazi having an opinion on USA plains Christians?

And how does your idea of proper state control diverge from any other piece of shit leftist academic?

Strauss write about that much? Did all the other pansy ass Tibetan chant listening lefties read it also?
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:59 am

You measly fuck.

"They should die."

I cannot picture an image of olly with a rifle without also shit running down his pants.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:59 am

These commie bastards.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Zeroeth Nature » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:39 am

phoneutria wrote:
Zeroeth Nature wrote:
phoneutria wrote:absolutely yes, and slightly perplexed at the question
but then, you've already posted your rationale for willing oneself out of existence
so maybe the surprise is unwarranted

This response makes no sense, for multiple reasons. First off, you seem to confound "way of life" with "life". And second, what I posted is Nietzsche's rationale for the degenerating and parasitical to will themselves out of existence.

nope I am not confounding way of life with life
i'm straight up saying that abandoning my way of life equals death
my culture is me and i am my culture and that is what i live for
and to ponder on whether my way of life is really all that great
is the same as to ponder on whether my life is all that great
i'm like a proud farmer who says with conviction that his is the best produce on that land
except what i say with conviction is that there is no better blood on this land
because we keep all that is good, and what is bad we rip out
so what i am saying is that if you have to ask yourself
if your way of life is all that great
then you just might be one of these degenerating and parasitical people
who should will themselves out of existence
i for one will myself into living forever

Well, that's good to hear. By the way, I didn't ask if my way of life was really all that great; just yours (plural). After all, you spoke of "our old way of life", which I took to mean the traditional Brazilian way of life.

but for what it is worth
because it might he a strange concept to a modern day european
for people who like me grew up in a jungle
there is no separation between the old way of life and environment protection

I didn't know you grew up in a jungle, and did all Brazilians grow up in a jungle?
Or even most Brazilians? What about all the glue-sniffing kids in the slums whose organs get harvested—is their life also absolutely fabulous?

lol do you get your news from movies starring josh duhamel?
i'm years ahead of you on trolling ollie
if you want a serious response, ask a serious question

I was. So there are no slums with glue-sniffing kids getting organ-harvested in Brazil anymore?

but if you want to know why a lot of kids don't get an absolutely fabulous life here in the 3rd world
see my previous post about corruption
also worth mentioning
those people who want to seize the amazon
don't give a shit about them

Well, I'm not so sure about that last bit. You have a very cynical view of your enemies, I think. Anyway, yes: let Bolsonaro combat the corruption! You guys have my blessing, in that regard at least.

You make it all sound so swell... But what do you mean by "major armed conflict": large-scale armed conflict? I mean, sure, if Yugoslavia had attacked Italy it would have been a larger-scale conflict, but I'd still say the Yugoslav Wars were pretty major... Consider also Africa (the Rwandan genocide for example), not to mention the Middle East. Also, this might be of some interest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_at_War

i mean the two world wars
along with mao's china
everything else pales in comparison
including the ones you mentioned

Because of the difference in scale, yes.

By itself that's obviously a terrible map. I mean, what does "original" even mean here?

it's not exactly classified data
just google 'deforestation over time' and have your pick
though...

"It is no use appealing to ancient Germanic custom and chastity: there are no Germani anymore, nor are there any forests anymore." (N, Summer-Autumn 1884 26 [363].)

This and other sources suggest to me that "original" means "before the Industrial Revolution". And sure, it's unfair to some extent to blame developing countries for the same things developed countries did before them. (Did you know, by the way, that Medieval Europeans pretty much fished their rivers and lakes empty? They thought there was no end to God's bounty!)

... it sounds like you don't need a map at all

Still a bad map.

Right, let Bolsonaro do that instead...

let him do what? shaming tatics?
or do you mean take good care of the Amazon? in which case:
1 - beats the hell out of letting foreign interests who obviously don't give a shit about the brazilian people do it
2 - he was literally elected by a simple majority of votes here, he had 10 million votes more than haddad
3 - do you have data to sustain that his Amazon policies are bad?
i love charts
maybe you have some charts?

No, I meant the shaming tactics.

Well, with this one I was at least able to find the source (the English Wikipedia article on niobium)...

that's it?
is that all you have to say to all that?
did you forget to add something along the lines of
"indeed it does appear as though the G7 is completely full of shit"?

Nope.

I believe Nietzsche when he says, "nobody lies as much as the indignant do.—" (BGE 26.)

indeed!
so tell us what's up with ollie
that he's so indignant these days?
getting into piss fights online...
jeez

Nice tactic, turning things back around on me. But I'm not indignant. I mean, on the non-meta-plane I may act indignant, but that's simply the logic of my new political position. On the meta-plane I'm perfectly Zen...
Zeroeth Nature

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:26 pm

You goddamn commie.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

Postby Dan~ » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:31 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:You fucking doofus,

I'd prefer if you didn't use this kind of language.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:41 pm

Dan~ wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:You fucking doofus,

I'd prefer if you didn't use this kind of language.

You forgot to mention you have the power to enforce that preference.

Alright, alright, you have been a very awesome moderator, I'll leave him alone.
Pedro I Rengel
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy