phoneutria and iambiguous don't contend

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: phoneutria and iambiguous don't contend

Postby Lorikeet » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:54 am

We all know what a formidable foe you are, simpleton.
Such a warrior spirit, protecting subjective minds across the world, bringing forth a coming age when all will finally make concessions to the collective will and all will finally live in peace and prosperity.
Do not worry, you aren't impotent, and you will finally change the world for the better.
Lorikeet

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:13 pm

woof woof!!!

merry Christmas and happy new years to all my ILP friends!!!!
btw...PHONE what are you doing new years????any plans???
At the beginning there was only Chaos, Night, dark Erebus, and deep Tartarus. Earth, the air and heaven had no existence. Firstly, blackwinged Night laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebus, and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated in deep Tartarus with dark Chaos, winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did nove yielded themselves to their lovers when almost at the end of their youth, being led away by the gift of a quail, a waterfowl, a goose, or a cock.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:10 pm

phoneutria wrote:nobody gets banned anywhere
just for saying dingus
these are private platforms
nobody is simply going to put up
with full on retard behavior like that

Here of course nobody gets banned anymore. Or does it just seem that way?

Anyway, those that she describes as going "full on retard"...does that include the sort of things that Satyr has been posting here of late? Or, instead, because he loathes me even more than she does, does he get a pass? :wink:

Wow, what if even that is rooted subjectively in dasein?!

Or does this better explain him:

phoneutria wrote:really intelligent people
acting really goddamn stupid
is a pretty common thing
relax dude

Or, perhaps, is that actually more applicable to all of us?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:43 pm

phoneutria wrote:actually
prom recently began to work for himself
he's been saving up money and buying tools
to become completely independent form employers
he's going to be his own boss now
working up a clientele that trusts him
and know who to call when they need a railing done
word of mouth will start getting around
about this dude who is neat and cheap and gets the job done
he'll need more tools and maybe even some help

the weird part is that I guess he wants later on
for the government to come and take his tools away
and put him on the same level as some dirtbags
who never accomplished anything for themselves
never saved up any of their money
never invested in their reputation and trade
try to make sense of that

I don't pretend to know what Marxism Really Is anymore. Back in the day when I was a Marxist-Leninist myself, sure, I did attempt to come as close as I could to knowing. In both theory and practice.

Now however "I" am no less "fractured and fragmented" in regard to capitalism vs. communism than I am all of the other "conflicting goods". Maybe we might as well just bite the bullet and say that for the foreseeable future state capitalism may well be the least worst possible world.

And how grim is that? Well, for millions and millions of us anyway.

But, come on, to actually argue that it is even remotely realistic to suggest that all wage earners should exercise their option to start their own businesses is ludicrous. Instead, the millions of men and women in the work force sell their labor to the bosses because they have bills to pay. And families to raise.

And the covid pandemic is just another classic example of how "shock capitalism" manages to create a new world order of even greater inequality. Both globally and domestically.

So, it really comes down to what different people think a nation owes to its citizens. What at the very least does being a citizen entitle you to? Health care, a living wage, a safety net?

Those on the left then take on those on the right. It's just that some of them -- left and right -- are a hell of lot more arrogant than others in insisting that only their own arguments here actually pin that down.

I have a word for that. :wink:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:48 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:woof woof!!!

yes i plan to stay as far away from you as possible
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby iambiguous » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:52 pm

phoneutria wrote:

"I hope this doesn't end up as an episode on Dateline", he said.

Note to polishyouth:

How dangerous are you? :wink:

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:55 pm

phoneutria wrote:

at least you have plans that have me in them!!! which is more of me for you than you for me and my plans..,which means we pull and pushh, like a properp couple\!!!I AM NOT DISCOURAGED!!! :-? :-? :-? 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ :oops: :oops: :oops:
At the beginning there was only Chaos, Night, dark Erebus, and deep Tartarus. Earth, the air and heaven had no existence. Firstly, blackwinged Night laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebus, and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated in deep Tartarus with dark Chaos, winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did nove yielded themselves to their lovers when almost at the end of their youth, being led away by the gift of a quail, a waterfowl, a goose, or a cock.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:57 pm

iambiguous wrote:
phoneutria wrote:

"I hope this doesn't end up as an episode on Dateline", he said.

Note to polishyouth:

How dangerous are you? :wink:

well outside of wanting to commit a genocide of on worlds jewry, including females, elderly and children and thinking brown people are animals to also be treated like human-stock and that all white not-nazi people are also human-stock animals I am, like my step-daddy Satyr, a SUPEREMPATH!!! just joking you cunt ecmaundu!!!dont ban me!!!
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:53 pm

phoneutria wrote:i think you probably don't know
nearly as much as the economists
and company executives
therefore you should retire yourself
to your place of ignorance
and let the people who know what their doing
make all the important decisions
and just trust that they have your best interests at heart
seewhatididthere?

That's not her point though. What she is doing here instead is reminding you that, whatever you don't know about economists and company executives, what she doesn't know is considerably less. Her ignorance is no where near the ignorance of those who don't think like she does.

And that's what enables her to basically make the claim that she knows more than you do in regard to the most rational manner in which the most rational minds are obligated to think about the world around us as those economists and corporate executives that champion...capitalism?

No, it's true, she doesn't come off here pontificating in the manner in which Pedro does. In buffoon mode. But, really, how far behind him [or in front of him] is she?

By the way, she calls this just being a "smartass". But don't let that fool you.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:30 pm

phoneutria wrote:derailing every thread with his obsessive freshman year copy/paste

Let's explore this particular accusation more in depth.

The fact is I only choose to participate in a small percentage of the threads [old and new] that exist here. Why? Because most of them now by far revolve around one or another "current event".

And, on those threads, the objectivists run rampant. They all share in common the same utter conviction that there is in fact a frame of mind all rational and virtuous are obligated to embrace: their own.

I steer clear of them by and large because my own frame of mind revolves more around suggesting instead that objectivism itself is a function of human psychology: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=185296

This far more than in whatever particular dogmas those on both the left and the right adhere to.

In fact, that is what I wish to explore with phoneutria. To what extent is she just another one of Satyr's own rendition of objectivism?

So far though she remains just one more chickenshit in that regard. :wink:

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:28 pm

phoneutria wrote:my father teaches
that on top of your head
rests a lotus flower
and that while you meditate
you visualize the petals opening
and it floods your body with light
as reveals a jewel inside
a god within you
who is the solar angel
a being of a much higher hyerarchy
who bound itself to you
to tutor the development of your consciousness
he is you
he is the part of you that isn't an ape
he's pulling the you you out of the ape
little by little
as a part of an effort to collect
all of the little bits of cousciousness from the universe
all sources of light
and make them grow
and unite them
so when you sing the hundred sylables
you call to him
the vajrasattva
to protect your little self
and never let you go
to grow the light in you
to purify you
and guide you to the realization of his solar nature
making you one

dad has been known to be eccentric

See how it works?

Dasein.

She had this particular father who imparted to her this particular "spiritual" narrative. Others have very different fathers who impart very different lessons instead.

The part where "I" becomes this "existential fabrication" derived from the unique lives that we lived.

Now, however, we need a particular context in which to explore this sort of "spiritual" thinking given that others will have been raised to think very, very different thoughts about God and religion out in particular worlds understood in particular ways.

Then the part where as philosophers we attempt to pin down the most rational manner in which to think about God and religion.

You know, if that's even possible.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:32 pm

bro you are like a bad smell...first part is obvious, second...hard to get rid off...
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:20 pm

phoneutria wrote:if you can't pass your values over to your children
despite state/society interference
you've failed as a parent

Right, like the values we seek to pass on to the next generation were not as a result of being brainwashed and indoctrinated as children by the previous generation.

And as though our own values are not deeply rooted in turn in the particular world that we were "thrown" into historically, culturally, experientially, circumstantially, interpersonally. And were not in turn derived from our own unique set of experiences, relationships and access to ideas.

Instead, once again, she basically shares the assumptions of the right wing fulminating fanatics here about "the government" hell bent on taking away their sacred "rugged individualist" rights.

The same cartoon character assessment of the world around us ever and always distinguishing "one of us" [the good guys] from "one of them" [the bad guys].

Exchanges on this thread then become like secret handshakes between those who get what is really going on in the world and those who don't.

Then it just becomes a matter of how close or how far they get from, say, the Nazis or the Proud Boys or the QAnon clowns.

Or, sure, she can bring her own sacred sense of self down out of the clouds and explore it with me given my own areas of interest. Along with hers.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:20 pm

bro shut your mouth you are discredited already as a liar, manipulator and argument evader... anybody who thinks there is some depth to Heidegger is a clown and you have not only taken him seriously but are outright obsessed with his dishonest rabble. SHUT THE FUCK UP CLOWN
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:40 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:bro shut your mouth you are discredited already as a liar, manipulator and argument evader... anybody who thinks there is some depth to Heidegger is a clown and you have not only taken him seriously but are outright obsessed with his dishonest rabble. SHUT THE FUCK UP CLOWN

New bottom line [mine]:

This is the philosophy forum. Bile like the above has no place in it. If I do say so myself. If you post dreck like the above on a thread that I originate, I will report it to management. I will request that if you continue to most dreck of this sort, that you be warned. Or booted out of here altogether.

Others can do the same with me. At least on the philosophy board.

Now, sure, nothing might change. You can roll the dice. That is completely beyond my control.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:05 pm

No dude Biggs isn't using the term in the same way heidegger is. For heidegger it's a highly technical term... Biggs uses it to mean human existence in general, 'being there', existentially, and all the anxiety that comes necessarily with that when having to decide what to believe and what to do in this life. He just likes to look stylish so he uses dasein as like his signature word or something.

But believe me, biggs would bring the same indictment against heidegger as being just another objectivist.

Nothing is more interesting than to watch a thinker who truly knows and understands nihilism, try to avoid it by producing all manner of intellectual contraptions. Heidegger is a shining example of that.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:07 pm

Philosophy forum... Are you ok in the head??? Repeating incoherent insanities and selectively replying to people you sense are weaker than you with smirks and mean innuendos is philosophy??? A liar, a bully, an insane goon and a tattling weasel...fuck me, your dad's balls must have stank! Did he do a runner on you like satyr lunatic did on his son??? Fuck you clown.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:08 pm

Heidegger was a spineless and dishonest crook win no depth and nihilism is a simple and easily understandable term cretins abuse to make their low intelligence look intimidating by stringing incoherent wordsalads and repeating them until nusea.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:13 pm

"your dad's balls must have stank! Did he do a runner on you like satyr lunatic did on his son???"

To be sure, the best part of me ran down the crack of my momma's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress.

I think I been cheated.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:33 pm

fuck you too vulgar twit.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:Philosophy forum... Are you ok in the head??? Repeating incoherent insanities and selectively replying to people you sense are weaker than you with smirks and mean innuendos is philosophy??? A liar, a bully, an insane goon and a tattling weasel...fuck me, your dad's balls must have stank! Did he do a runner on you like satyr lunatic did on his son??? Fuck you clown.

Fine. I reported this post of yours. As follows:

"In sync with my new frame of mind, I have asked polishyouth not to post personal attacks and ad homs on threads in the philosophy forum. In particular threads that I started. I believe he deserves a warning for this. And if he refuses to comply, he should be banned from ILP.

Naturally, going forward this applies to me and to any others who don't respect what I construe to be the motivation and intention of those who created the philosophy board at ILP.

Thank you,
iambiguous"

Something will be done here or it won't. Again, that's beyond my control.

But going forward I will not myself engage in any sort of personal attacks on threads in the philosophy forum that I started. If I do, please, by all means, report it.

On the other hand, given threads that others started in which personal attacks are aimed at me, I feel it is appropriate to defend myself as I see fit.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:03 pm

If you had the powers you would remove me like the virgin bum goons over at knowthyself...HAHA... PLEASE, DONT TELL ME YOU ARE ALSO MENTALLY ILL AND HAVE CHILDREN OUT OF A FUCKED UP MARRIAGE THAT YOU LIE ABOUT TO YOUR INTERNET BUDDIES ABOUT!!! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES SATYR IS TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT HIM LEAVING HIS ONLY SON AND HIS WIVE AND WHAT ARE THE CHANCES HE GOT BOOTED OUT BECAUSE HE WAS AN UNSTABLE PARANOID NUTCASE??? A FUCKING HARD QUESTION??? MAYBE IF YOU ARE AN AUTISTIC NEO-NAZI EUNUCH BOOTLICKER!!!FUUUUCK YOUUUU!!!
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:32 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:If you had the powers you would remove me like the virgin bum goons over at knowthyself...HAHA... PLEASE, DONT TELL ME YOU ARE ALSO MENTALLY ILL AND HAVE CHILDREN OUT OF A FUCKED UP MARRIAGE THAT YOU LIE ABOUT TO YOUR INTERNET BUDDIES ABOUT!!! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES SATYR IS TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT HIM LEAVING HIS ONLY SON AND HIS WIVE AND WHAT ARE THE CHANCES HE GOT BOOTED OUT BECAUSE HE WAS AN UNSTABLE PARANOID NUTCASE??? A FUCKING HARD QUESTION??? MAYBE IF YOU ARE AN AUTISTIC NEO-NAZI EUNUCH BOOTLICKER!!!FUUUUCK YOUUUU!!!

Again, it's all in the hands of the powers that be here.

I should note though that the only reason you are here seems to be that someone at KT deprived you of your soapbox there. And, come on, no other philosophy forum that I am aware of would even remotely tolerate the sort of things you post. Other than in the equivalent of the Rant Room.

So your only really option would be one of those forums populated by what I construe to be other right wing "fulminating fanatics". But that wouldn't be any fun would it? After all, the whole point of posting as you do here is that, in my view, you need left wing scapegoats to take your outrage out on. Outrage at whatever it is that makes you post the way you do here. Something you either don't, won't or can't do anything about yourself.

It's pissing them off that makes it all worth while.

Unless of course I'm wrong.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:46 pm

HMMM i will admit...I have no life,,,living with my mommy...obsessing over normal and superior people who have rejected my because of my insanity...my father ran away to 'study philoosphy', took me to poland few times, showed me when Hussars battled, took me for an icecream...nice kind of surrogate kind of entertainer and fun maker over the weekends but my real daddy was whoever mommy lived with at the time...sooo no real father...I envied other boys...but their fathers were cucks simping to the society and its whores, unlike my brrave daddy studying philosophy and being free...my parents gave me these inferior genes...madness. idiocy, small dick, ...autism...I live to be noticed by great minds like you and Satyr...striving for you to throw anything my way...obsessing over what you call me at night like I obsess over Thai cheeks...cantt sleep and when I sleep I constantly dream of you!!!
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:50 pm

I tried to pick up some pussy here because I am too much of a single mommy raised simp to go to a bar...a 50 year old loonie hag who will listen to rap at 70...she betrayed me with the neo-nazi autistic knowthyself guys who want all mixed-race people wiped-out...I hit on a tiny, dried out little meanie beanie with an attitude and few screews loose...look how it worked out!!!I WILL BE A VIRGIN FOREVER!!!HUYS SHOW SOME LOVE!!!I am literally IN FUCKING TEARS RIGHT NOW THINKING OF MY SMALL DICK!!!

i am SURE IF YOU SAY YOU ARE SMARTER AND I AM A FOOL BEING MANIPULATED BY YOUR SUPERIOR INTELLECTS...THEN THIS IS TRUE!!!FUCK YOU FATHER???WHY DO THESE PEOPLE ALL HAVE GENIUS IQS AND I AM DOOMED TO BE A MORON!!!!!!!!!!EVEN AN OLD CRAZIE WHO DANCED IN BIZZARE GANGSTER RAP VIDEOS AT 40 INSTEAD OF SENDING HER CHILDREN OFF TO COLLEGE LIKE MY OWN MOTHER DID AT HER AGE MINDFUCKED ME AND SHOWED EVERYBODY I AM A LOST IDIOT!!!WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK!!!
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy