There are no isolated events

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

There are no isolated events

Postby Berkley Babes » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:22 am

Logic is just guesswork. If then this, then that, is a really big IF.

How many times has a good event with a good conclusion eventually turned bad by the next associated happening. And the reverse, bad to good.

If we blame people, they can blame people and there is no end to the blame. Blame Cavemen. Blame ocean goo.

Logic is conditional, that big if assumption, making conditional statements that aim at truth. But conditions require an isolated event to examine and apply truth to. Also, conditions change, so therefore (using logic here) truth changes.

Everything is connected.

I suppose were recognize markers that signify the difference between events, but those markers are categorically an illusion, a classification magic act.

The end is the begining.
Berkley Babes

Re: There are no isolated events

Postby obsrvr524 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:05 pm

If you think of a square, does it have 4 corners?
              You have been observed.
obsrvr524
Thinker

Postby Berkley Babes » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:52 am

obsrvr524 wrote:If you think of a square, does it have 4 corners?

I can think of it that way, yes, but I can also think of it on the atomic level. Things passing through it, by it. I can picture sitting on it like a chair, but also putting a plate on it like a table. Depends on how you look at it. Those corners are also hard, but hardness is a concept in my mind, and I can't presently know if it is hard outside of that.

It's a little like saying you and I breathe the same air, so whose air does it belong to? There is no real gap between us.
Berkley Babes

Postby Dan~ » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:16 am

Berkley Babes wrote:Logic is just guesswork. If then this, then that, is a really big IF.

How many times has a good event with a good conclusion eventually turned bad by the next associated happening. And the reverse, bad to good.

If we blame people, they can blame people and there is no end to the blame. Blame Cavemen. Blame ocean goo.

Logic is conditional, that big if assumption, making conditional statements that aim at truth. But conditions require an isolated event to examine and apply truth to. Also, conditions change, so therefore (using logic here) truth changes.

Everything is connected.

I suppose were recognize markers that signify the difference between events, but those markers are categorically an illusion, a classification magic act.

The end is the begining.

You seem to be speaking truths.
However, i have little to add.
Everything is connected. Conditions change.

I wrote elsewhere that energy is changeness.
All of reality is moving and vibrating.
it's busy and hard at work.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby obsrvr524 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:48 pm

Berkley Babes wrote:

I can think of it that way, yes, but I can also think of it on the atomic level.

Are you saying that when you think of a square, it might not have 4 corners?
              You have been observed.
obsrvr524
Thinker

Postby Berkley Babes » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:20 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
Berkley Babes wrote:

I can think of it that way, yes, but I can also think of it on the atomic level.

Are you saying that when you think of a square, it might not have 4 corners?

yeah, sure, even the definition of what a square is can change. Who knows, corners may go extinct.

Also when we think of Santa Clause everyone knows the color of his suit.

Also, a square is nothing, by distinction, without reference to other shapes. The square needs the triangle, the circle, ect. So what of the numbers of those corners involved in providing the contrast?

What happens in the square is not unaffected by what is outside the square.

Also, an effect is a cause, which was my op.
Berkley Babes

Return to Philosophy