Will machines completely replace all human beings?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby MagsJ » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:58 pm

Great Again wrote:
MagsJ wrote:I currently have no female friends.. not had any for a year or two now.. because they became irrational and it was messing with my instincts and intuition.. threw me right-off, it did.. feel so much f’ing better.

No female friends and no male friend? But you feel better, as you say. Mabe you should not Change anything then, should you? :-k

..only female colleagues ..political ones, at that ..I’ll be sure to work on the male friend dilemma situation. : )

To get back more to the topic of this thread:

The amount of commands doesn't matter to machines.

I know. :P
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby MagsJ » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:52 am

_
I myself have no use for (certain kinds of) silicone.. never have.

I hope nobody’s mind went there, but I’m getting a feeling some did. :-s

If not, as you were.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:23 am

obsrvr524 wrote:..a living lotus button. :D

..a lotus button? or dare I ask. :-s
MagsJ

Postby obsrvr524 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:40 am

MagsJ wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:..a living lotus button. :D

..a lotus button? or dare I ask. :-s

- cute - attractive and dangerously alluring. :D
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #1

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:50 am

obsrvr524 wrote:- cute - attractive and dangerously alluring. :D

Well no wonder you’re a happy man.

If only all in the world could have that, there’d be no wars, only peace.
MagsJ

Postby obsrvr524 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:05 am

MagsJ wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:- cute - attractive and dangerously alluring. :D

Well no wonder you’re a happy man.

If only all in the world could have that, there’d be no wars, only peace.

And no need for authoritarianism. :D

- which is why they gave us feminism
    - and racism
    - and partisanship
    - and age gap issues
    - and criminality
    - inability to defend ourselves
    - and oppressive laws
    - and so on. :-?

You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:04 am

obsrvr524 wrote:And no need for authoritarianism. :D

- which is why they gave us feminism
    - and racism
    - and partisanship
    - and age gap issues
    - and criminality
    - inability to defend ourselves
    - and oppressive laws
    - and so on. :-?

..and many fell for it all and embraced it. I never believed all the hype, of all those things. I used to think that it was the relocated Brits that made those changes, to far distance themselves from Britain to be different from it and the British, in both vocabulary and style.

The last decade was the most prolifically rigged, for America and most of Europe. What next?
MagsJ

Postby obsrvr524 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:59 pm

MagsJ wrote:What next?

Total AI surveillance.

You have been observed.
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby Sleyor Wellhuxwell » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:16 pm

I'm afraid that this will perhaps even go so far that no one will have an self-consciousness anymore.
Sleyor Wellhuxwell

Postby encode_decode » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:31 pm

MagsJ wrote:What would be the purpose of these machines existence, other than to simply exist?

We have still not worked out the purpose of our own existence. All we really do is live, reproduce and die.
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:51 pm

encode_decode wrote:
MagsJ wrote:What would be the purpose of these machines existence, other than to simply exist?

We have still not worked out the purpose of our own existence. All we really do is live, reproduce and die.

Is living, experiencing, not miraculous or purposeful enough?
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby encode_decode » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:54 am

WendyDarling wrote:Is living, experiencing, not miraculous or purposeful enough?

Living and experiencing is great for the most part. We choose our own purpose if we want to.
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:02 am

obsrvr524 wrote:
Total AI surveillance.

I’m not bothered by that happening.. why do so many find it so ominous?

There are obviously/should be limits to any such installations, in keeping with human rights and ethics etc.. so balancing citizens’ safety with human freedoms.
MagsJ

Postby Sleyor Wellhuxwell » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:22 pm

MagsJ wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:
Total AI surveillance.

I’m not bothered by that happening.. why do so many find it so ominous?

There are obviously/should be limits to any such installations, in keeping with human rights and ethics etc.. so balancing citizens’ safety with human freedoms.

You are "not bothered by" AI surveillance "happening", but you also demand "limits to any such installations" that have to do with total AI surveillance (?!?). :-k
Sleyor Wellhuxwell

Postby MagsJ » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:51 pm

Sleyor Wellhuxwell wrote:You are "not bothered by" AI surveillance "happening", but you also demand "limits to any such installations" that have to do with total AI surveillance (?!?). :-k

I see your point, but I wouldn’t want AI surveillance surveilling me in the privacy of my own home, but outside of my four walls I’d feel safe, with prying AI eyes watching over the activities of the external.

Is it not the responsibility of the State to ensure the safety of its citizens and the detaining of suspected criminals, captured, on their way to do criminal activities?
MagsJ

Previous

Return to Philosophy