ILP thread on value-ontology (starting with Nietzsche, WTP)

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: ILP thread on value-ontology (starting with Nietzsche, W

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:56 pm

He does seem upset.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby iambiguous » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:05 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Your philosophy is curiously similar to promethan's:

Nothing can be intellectually ascertained, so we must obey our feelings.

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Warm fuzzy feelings.

Pedro I Rengel wrote:He does seem upset.

He leaves me no choice!

:angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:10 pm

A tantrum even.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby iambiguous » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:28 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:A tantrum even.

A tantrum for the lady:

:angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack: :angry-screaming: :banana-dance: :scared-shocked: :violence-smack:

Now, back to the actual point of mine both of them studiously avoid.

That and an actual context.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:23 am

Jakob wrote:Ugh, what cowards.

The James/not James guy and Magnus --- what is this, if you don't understand, you pretend to yourself that you're above it?

Fuck you.

It's not a good thing to call your interlocutors bad names.

The following is what I responded to and thus the only thing I am obliged to understand:

Jakob wrote:In mathematics thus also in RM,
1=1.
But that presumes that "1" equals "1" and nothing else. That is, a sign without content.

I interpreted the above as saying that mathematicians are wrong when they say that "1=1".

Did I misunderstand?
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby Sleyor Wellhuxwell » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:40 pm

Jakob wrote:From the fact that we can't be certain about the position and momentum of a quantum at the same time, it doesn't follow that reality could be any other way than it is.

It just means we aren't absolute and universal at the same time.

I said that the fact that we can't be sure about position and momentum of a quantum at the same time - Heisenberg's uncertainty principle (HUP) - was a trigger for very specific theorists and philosophers to change their weltanschauung, which then in turn has led to the fact that politics has also been changed, even if money has also taken care of the implementation of that.
Sleyor Wellhuxwell

Previous

Return to Philosophy