My sympothy for terrorists

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Postby Alien Corpuscle Bath » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:15 am

Dr Projectile wrote:Wasnt it the worst genocide in world history? Maybe the nazis killed more jews...but they did not wipe them out to the point of almost extinction....

I think it was the worst genocide in history...

Im not so stupid that i would say ALL americans are arseholes, i mean apart from being a generalisation its bloody obvious. Joke. And it is partyly the evil media's fault, but people are also responsible for themselves and ignorence is not really a very good excuse...is it?


As I said, people are largely just part of the sytem that makes them. The American system was designed for assimilation. Let's taka hypothetical. Suppose that advanced brain washing techniques were created, and you were kidnapped so they could test these new techniques on you. They thoroughly brain wash you, and completely program you into a completely new person. They program you to be evil and hateful. Throughout the rest of your life you are completely atrocious and cause much misery and suffering to many people around the world. Would you say it is your fault that you caused all that misery and behaved vilely? I would say it is not, because the people who brainwashed you essentially created the person that you became. Therefore, they are more responsible for your behaviors then you are. You still retain some responsibility for them, but not all or most.

Well as we grow up in life, we see and hear things that get hardwired into our personality. All animals do. A most extreme case of this are the ducklings that see a human and think that human is their mother. These ducklings have hardwired that image into their brain as the first thing they saw, and therefore their mother. Well all species hardwire input differently, but none the less, during infancy, toddlerhood, adolesence, and even through adulthood, humans (and other animals) have certain stimuli which are hardwired into their minds. The younger you are, the more likely a stimuli is to be hardwired into your brain. So as such, we could say that by and large, society, and especially social institutions that have learned quite effective ways to manipulate such hardwiring, are responsible for the programming and creation of individuals. How responsible they are for the creation of an individual depends on the will power of said individual. It is my belief that the more will power an individual has, the less likely hardwired patterns are to effect him/her. Will power puts us in control of our own destinies. Ask anyone who lives in America. It is real easy to give into the decadence encouraged on every sign post, television screen, radio, and in every peer group. Only will power and individuality can pass that barrier.
The Crux Of The Biscuit Is The Apostraphe

"Philosophy isn't about having the right answers, it is about asking the right questions and analysing the resulting evidence, and providing firm evidence and convictions for your positions and beliefs" My take on philosophy - ACB
Alien Corpuscle Bath
Thinker
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:24 am

Postby BeenaJain » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:36 pm

Alien Corpuscle Bath wrote:
hermes the thrice great wrote:are we Americans supposed to take criticism from a citizen of a country that can't even educate its people well enough to be able to spell "sympathy"?


There is a difference between uneducated and stupid.


You're both wrong! the spelling mistake has nothing to do with education or stupidity. It has to do with carelessmess :wink:

As to what Troy says regarding Bush and Sept. 11th, I have to say your point 4 lacks basis because if one plane hits a building that in itself is such a shocker plus unless one already knows that another could hit another building then how could one imagine that that is going to be so and so prevent it? I mean until it's happened you can never envision another plane could do the same. So your question as what they were doing sitting on their bums and did not prevent the other plane hitting the building has NO BASIS AT ALL. And if you can think something like that pt.4 then I'd have to question my dear, is it possible that perhaps Troy actually knew beforehand of the second plane doing what it did? :wink: (just kidding)
Last edited by BeenaJain on Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeenaJain
Thinker
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:25 am
Location: Canada

Postby hermes the thrice great » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:43 pm

BeenaJain wrote:
Alien Corpuscle Bath wrote:
hermes the thrice great wrote:are we Americans supposed to take criticism from a citizen of a country that can't even educate its people well enough to be able to spell "sympathy"?


There is a difference between uneducated and stupid.


You're both wrong! the spelling mistake has nothing to do with education or stupidity. It has to do with carelessmess :wink:



Beena, the problem is that Dr Projectile's original post was so riddled with half sentences, misspellings, and non sequiturs that it made the content of his whole post questionable.
User avatar
hermes the thrice great
The Snoop Dogg of Wisdom
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: New Orleans

Postby BeenaJain » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:46 pm

I know Hermes, that's why I found it difficult to respond to it and so didn't. But the fact still remains that you commented upon the mis-spelling in sympathy and not Dr. Projectile's post as such and I just commented on what you commented on.
BeenaJain
Thinker
 
Posts: 953
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:25 am
Location: Canada

Re:

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:29 pm

Impenitent wrote:
hermes the thrice great wrote:
but I do understand how the environmentalists have bastardized the tribal histories and blended them into a fiction to suit their political agenda.


What does this mean?


just that... they did not all eat the same food, farm fish and hunt the same, they weren't all peaceful, they all didn't ride horses, they all didn't worship the same gods, they did not have the same language, they did not all share the same rituals or religions, they were not all communal in the communist sense, they were not equals in the tribes, they did not always try to preserve nature, they did not try to save the whales or seals or anything like that, they were not responsible for the extinction of anything, they weren't all always clean, not all tribes had totems, they were not always sharing and giving and caring, ect...

-Imp

:P
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
valueontologyforsuperIQs - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10931
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Previous

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users