Ten Years

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

Ten Years

Postby Meno_ » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:36 pm

Jakob said: "dub the self valuing logic I unearthed into the formerly Virgin skies of truth, the Ring of Power."
Meno_
ILP Legend

Re: Ten Years

Postby iambiguous » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Sounds like something he'd say. Any idea what it actually means? For example, as it might be applicable to the corona pandemic?

How about abortion? :wink:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:47 pm

The last dude who said some shit like that got his ass handed to him by some hobbits. Don't ever forget that.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:43 pm

iambiguous wrote:Sounds like something he'd say. Any idea what it actually means? For example, as it might be applicable to the corona pandemic?

Actually it's out of a closed forum entitled Ten Years.

It is wide open referentially, abstractly general: poetic rather then literal, with wide implications especially to the pandemic , not so much to abortion, only metaphorically , as abortive efforts to not sound conspiratorial.

https://youtu.be/lSYFJB7o9ZQ

Author: MagsJ
21774 Views with 41 Replies

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2 ]

by MagsJ. (Closed forum)
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:03 pm

Meno_ wrote:
iambiguous wrote:Sounds like something he'd say. Any idea what it actually means? For example, as it might be applicable to the corona pandemic?

Actually it's out of a closed forum entitled Ten Years.

It is wide open referentially, abstractly general: poetic rather then literal, with wide implications especially to the pandemic , not so much to abortion, only metaphorically , as abortive efforts to not sound conspiratorial.

https://youtu.be/lSYFJB7o9ZQ

Author: MagsJ
21774 Views with 41 Replies

[ Go to pageGo to page: 1, 2 ]

by MagsJ. (Closed forum)

Oh.. I saw the thread title, but didn’t even clock that it was in reference to mine. :shock: My current state of cellular repair is playing havoc with my current state of cognition, in not supplying constant energy to it, in order to fuel the repair.. anyway.

It’s a thread about grieving the loss of a person so close to you, that the whole world and everything pales in comparison to it Iam, and such grief revels in casting its shadow over you, so as to pull you back into it’s dark shade of sorrow.. mainly during seasonal festivities and memorable moments.

I’m sure that Jakob and Meno can agree, that such meltdowns and moments are so much fun? :D
Last edited by MagsJ on Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

Nobilis Est Ira Leonis | Om Surya Devaay namah | Manus justa nardus
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …Surya.. the sun

Postby Jakob » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:30 pm

promethean75 wrote:The last dude who said some shit like that got his ass handed to him by some hobbits. Don't ever forget that.

Huh hum well it took more than merely these damned Hobbits, and even still, so what? It was a damn good run.

The whole story wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for that ring. No heroism. Just agrarian complacency and obscurantist mages amongst themselves.
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
Jakob
ILP Legend

Postby justfromus90 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:00 pm

I cannot agree. Yes the ring is the center of the story but there are a lot of interesting characters and huge world to describe
justfromus90

Postby MagsJ » Sat May 09, 2020 6:15 pm

For hearts that mostly bleed blue..

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Sat May 09, 2020 6:43 pm

But maybe turn scarlet by the narcissistic vampirism of the likes of immortals, like saint germain.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sat May 09, 2020 10:43 pm

Meno_ wrote:But maybe turn scarlet by the narcissistic vampirism of the likes of immortals, like saint germain.

Stendhall's ' Red and Black' comes to mind, in a very peripheral way. The connection so tedious, yet familiar.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sat May 09, 2020 10:56 pm

Actually, Saint Germain is symbolized by the colors for violet, the synthesis of blue and red.:

'In New Age beliefs, Saint Germain is associated with the color violet, the jewel amethyst, and the Maltese cross rendered in violet (usually the iron cross style cross patee version). He is also regarded as the "Chohan of the Seventh Ray".[9] According to The Theosophical Society, the Seven Rays are seven metaphysical principles that govern both individual souls and the unfolding of each 2,158-year-long Astrological Age. Since according to Theosophy, the next Astrological Age, the Age of Aquarius, will be governed by the Seventh (Violet) Ray (the Ray of Ceremonial Order), Saint Germain is sometimes called "The Hierarch of the Age of Aquarius". According to the Ascended Master Teachings, Saint Germain is "The God of Freedom for this system of worlds". According to the Ascended Master Teachings, the preliminary lead-up to the beginning of the Age of Aquarius began on 1 July 1956, with the Ascended Master Saint.'
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sun May 10, 2020 6:07 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Meno_ wrote:But maybe turn scarlet by the narcissistic vampirism of the likes of immortals, like saint germain.

Stendhall's ' Red and Black' comes to mind, in a very peripheral way. The connection so tedious, yet familiar.

Perhaps some dilemmas don’t have a solution, or an obvious one.. at least.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Wed May 13, 2020 4:28 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Meno_ wrote:

Perhaps some dilemmas don’t have a solution, or an obvious one.. at least.

Perhaps some are naturally melancholic.. a natural default setting, a bit like resting bitch face.. adaptations to save energy, like standby mode.

https://www.contempaesthetics.org/newvo ... icleID=214
With melancholy, the displeasurable or negative aspects lie in feelings of loneliness, emptiness, sadness from loss, and the fear or dread that sometimes accompanies longing. ... It is this special character of melancholy that makes it a more refined emotion and an emotion which engenders aesthetic experience.
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/01/29/melancholy/
Melancholy is a complex and sometimes puzzling emotion. The composite nature of the sensation is expressed by the following: Melancholia is the joy of feeling sad. Melancholy is the happiness of being sad. Melancholy is the pleasure of being sad.

I can live with that. :P

MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Fri May 15, 2020 2:16 pm

I not only can I must.
Meno_
ILP Legend

Return to Creative Writing