The Philosophy of Dankness: Mapping the Ineffable

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: The Philosophy of Dankness: Mapping the Ineffable

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:05 pm

If nothing else that attachment is a snapshot of just how many paths the objectivists among us can choose to go down. And, really, does it even scratch the surface? For example, taking into account human history.

And that's just on this planet. :wink:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby phoneutria » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:14 pm

Chess is still better than all of this noise.
phoneutria
purveyor of enchantment, advocate of pulchritude AND venomously disarming

Postby Parodites » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:16 am

Chess? Chess blows. It used to be a game of creativity and skill, but now: the deep-theory of the game has become so well developed over the centuries that it no longer is about skill or personal genius or artistry. It is a route memorization game. If you simply read more chess theory and study more games than another guy, then you beat him. Only in low-level play does creativity or actual skill mean anything in chess, because only low level players are forced, out of a lack of knowledge, to utilize their own mental faculties, whereas at the higher level you just have to have memorized more chess games than the other guy. Now GO on the other hand: that game is inexhaustible in a way that chess is not. In that game, even at the highest levels, you are forced to rely mainly on your own personal ability, just because of the emergent kind of complexity that every match in GO manifests out of the fundamental rules-set.

As to Dwarfputers: you can spend months or years constructing one inside of the game and actually use it to power different mechanisms inside your fortress, like having it open doors in a certain sequence and at certain times to kind of herd livestock to wherever you want it to go, or create some kind of trap mechanism that is managed by it to keep predators out of your camp, etc. This is one of 1,000 aspects of a game that in and of itself is its own game.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/ ... isciplines
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php ... ical_logic
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
Parodites

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:39 am

That's lazy thinking.

Carlsen has probably read more books and memorized more games than anyone. But he still demonstrates more creativity and skill than any low level game I have ever played (I have played very many).

This is were Nietzsche rips Platon into ragged shreds. Platon seeks the end. Sits.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:41 am

The disdain for the accumulated creativity of ages, which we know as theory, is disdain for creativity itself, what it applies for. It applies for the world. The realzy reals.

There is no such thing as "abstract." There is only accumulation, and mistake.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby Tab » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:45 am

Okay Parodites. Message recieved. :D To be honest this went about as well as it did the last time with Dunamis. Just can't help myself I guess.

"Get educated or fuck off". John Dee. What a trooper.
Tab
Deeply Shallow

Postby Parodites » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:56 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:That's lazy thinking.

Carlsen has probably read more books and memorized more games than anyone. But he still demonstrates more creativity and skill than any low level game I have ever played (I have played very many).

This is were Nietzsche rips Platon into ragged shreds. Platon seeks the end. Sits.

Nah, the game is dead and it's been dead. It is not good that it is dead and it is not something I enjoy proclaiming, I don't seek an end; that is why I emphasized the superiority of GO, both as a pure game and as a vehicle for artistic expression and creativity. I even found a video of Fisher once where he said almost this exact thought I had a long time ago, about the nature of chess being too highly developed for any real progress to be made in it as a game- and he is the greatest master of all time,- a pure force of natural ability. There is so much developed theory, that IF you can memorize more of it than anyone else, and you play at least COMPETENTLY, then you win, regardless of the opponents natural ability, intelligence, or creativity. That is a serious problem and there is no solution to it. Besides, for a related set of reasons, computers beat us at chess. This is not true of GO. Only recently has a computer beaten a master human at the game, and it required a supercomputer with concurrent neural networks, it did not brute-force a computation of the best move as a Chess computer does. Plus GO exponentially grows more complex and full of more and more potential as a game progresses; it will never be "completed" theoretically, as chess has.

Nietzsche did not understand Plato, or even Romanized Christianity- Plato's fetid afterbirth. Which is understandable, given he had no access to any of the necessary reading materials. Knowledge was harder to come by back then. He existed to take philosophy backward a step, so that philosophy could recuperate and understand itself again, to then move forward. It is necessary, sometimes, not only in war,- to fall back before an advance.

This thread has gone from semiotics to Plato to gnostic sorcery and chess theory: this is by design. I call this technique of neurodivergent cognition, SCHIZOPOSTING,-- philosophy at the edge of Thought's phantom residuum and stochastic memory of Unthought's (g)/host :

Beyond being understood or not-understood: my ultimate goal is to pursue untested and novel domains and lines of thought; to 'break the symmetry' over which the fate of System can be determined, and to achieve this by exploring the ambient signal and cross-current of disparate frequencies, blending concepts from one domain with those of an unrelated one, etc. (hence I did not mean to imply I am, economically, a Marxist, despite using a concept of his: I prefer to insert myself within the logic of a foreign body as a kind of retrovirus in order to steal a concept from one place and use it somewhere else in a way it was not intended for, often against its own creator) and through a multitude of various techniques like this, or the zairja or the cartography of the ineffable I did another thread on, to force Thought to reconnect with its pre-Symbolic real, that is,- the phantom residuum or stochastic memory of its (g)/host, (ghost, host) prior to the hyperinflation of mimesis. [The Lacanian sinthome is at its simplest, a symptom of a disease that does not exist, and is equivalent to Baudrillard’s map without a territory or copy of a non-existent original. As the value of a food item in general, during a time of scarcity, was fought over by developing hominids, and language was used to negotiate (in psychoanalytic terms, to deflate) this mimetic aura, (mimesis, in semiotics, psych. and generative anthropology, refers to the reproduction of something through symbolic systems) so this mimetic inflation of value ascribed to, in this case, food, began to replicate itself through the very faculty that evolved to temper and contain it- language. At that point, we began to reify the mimetic inflation in concepts like honor, or the presence of a given deity.]

That Ghost is what Lucretius called the CLINAMEN, a spontaneous declination against the laminar flow that accounts for the broken symmetry of the Epicurian-atomic Universe; an unpredictable swerve that, in this way, acts as the first transformative element,- a point of nucleation that, through divison and separation, sets into motion the eon-scale period in which the great accumulation of matter begins leading up to a final victory of Gravity over all the forces of Nature,- a transformative metaphysical "catalyst" without which no chemical reactions can begin. In prose, the CLINAMEN must be invoked, as thousands of subjects are swept up in the spontaneous current, a dipole between Thought and Nonthought, leading up toward a miraculous and apparently spontaneous re-coherence of materials that nobody has realized fit together.

Schizoposting has a precedent in randonauting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/randonauts/wiki/theory
https://medium.com/@TheAndromedus/a-beg ... d505c3c5a9
https://medium.com/@TheAndromedus/rando ... e82f66c10e
=Cyclonopedia is another good schizopost.

What I am doing through this process of re-concatenation,- a reconstruction of the "ambient" signal by recombining apparently disparate signals, is just this: finding the blind-spots in the "pre-symbolic Real", over which Anaximander's vortexes prevent any atoms from straying too far from the point of attraction: the NEGATIVE, a Gnostic fire through which the Ontos can be reorganized and escape these vortexes cast between ontic and ontology, and through which consciousness can be rediscovered in its metaphysical opening to the transcendent, contra consciousness as the phenomenological closure of Dasein. For randonauts, they uses numbers to explore blind-spots, which they call reality tunnels, but in principle, you can see the similarity:

[The same is true for our geographical routes, no matter what path we choose, wherever we decide to go, there is a limited number of logical chains that will guide our mind when choosing a route, even if it seems to us that we act by chance, there is always a place where none of these logical chains leads.

Even more convincing example is the so-called "Chaos Game", illustrating the phenomenon, which in Chaos Theory is called attractors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierpinsk ... Chaos_game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcvY_45XFU4

In short: If we choose three random points and move the fourth point many times half the distance to one of these points, randomly chosen by a dice throw, then despite the fact that all movements were guided by randomness, all the locations of the point during the game form a figure known like a Sierpinski triangle. In other words, the presence of any game rule forms a limited outcomes space. It is interesting that in the center of this triangle there is a space into which points never fall. Such a space in our case would be called a Blind-Spot.

Now imagine how many rules shape your routes and behaviour: logic, habits, social norms, life experience, cognitive biases, external factors that affect you according to the characteristics of your personality or are in a causal relationship with your behavior and so on.

All this together creates a causal viscosity, which we call the Stasis Field, the force that holds you in the Reality-Tunnel of your own.]
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
Parodites

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics