Curious.

I have not yet put this thought down completely and now wish to return to it. I asked for examples yet none were forthcoming. If I may present a sort of example of the validity a belief in leftist media’s attempts at swinging opinion “brainwashing”. A sort of political way of influencing the thoughts of others, as an aid in the discussion.

I’d like to introduce, as example, the media hype surrounding the young environmentalist Greta Thunberg. She holds some rather exaggerated positions regarding the environment, such as her recent claims that ecosystems are in collapse all over the planet. I thought that a rather incredulous statement. So, I did some poking around. I did an internet search on collapsed ecosystems and found three examples presented as representation of a collapsed ecosystem. Before I did this poking I assumed a collapsed ecosystem was one that could no longer support life, where extinction was taking place, but as I poked a bit further I found that is not how the expression is used. A collapsed ecosystem is one where the predominant species consumer of resources was no longer present in the ecosystem, yet other species populations are increasing in its place. What is called a collapsed ecosystem is actually an imbalance caused by human intervention, where due to over-harvesting, and environmental changes a shift in the species an ecosystem can support has taken place. The predominant species that was once found in abundance can no longer acquire the resources it needed to survive and other species, perhaps, more suited to adaptation are taking it’s place. In this opinion the leftist media increasing this hype is responsible for inaccurately, and exaggeratedly stating a case that is already inaccurate and an exaggerated example.

She also made the statement that species are going extinct and sighted as example the Northern White Rhino. There are two subspecies of the White Rhino, the Northern White and the Southern White Rhino. The subspecies distinction is not limited only by their respective geographic habitats but also subtle physiological differences, like the size of a back hump, a difference in forehead structure and the presence of ridges along the sides of their necks. In the case of the Northern White Rhino, the population has been reduced due to over hunting to the point there are just two remaining examples in the wild, both females, so the prognosis is not good for chances for reproduction, within that subspecies. The Southern White Rhino’s population during the last census was estimated in the range between 19,000 and 21,000 individuals. A subspecies is on the brink of extinction, but the population of the species as a whole doesn’t even meet the determination of endangered, while it is considered threatened.

With our animal husbandry practices, we have introduced a wide variety of species differentiation. Take for example the emergence of the Chocolate Labrador. The species was once limited to a Black colored Labs, but a reticent gene for lighter coat color was expressing itself in the population of black labs. Males and females that held this gene for lighter coat colors were crossed bred to influence the likelihood of this genes expression, until a stable Golden Lab was produced. That is to say the breeding between two Golden Labs was more likely to express a golden color to their coats than a black color. Now interbreeding of Golden Labs and Black Labs is taking place and a coat color in between the dark version and light colored versions has taken place. Further interbreeding of Labs with coat colors in between have created a stabilized expression of a Chocolate colored Labrador Retriever. So on one hand our affects on one species is reducing a single subspecies while on the other hand our practices of hybridization are creating a more diverse subspecies presence in a population of animals. How these species interactions within an ecosystem is changing the landscape isn’t completely understood. If the Northern savannas of Africa are changing due the decreased presence of the subspecies, Northern White Rhino, it seems an easy enough solution to transplant members of the Southern White Rhino into North Africa, to create a new hybrid that could perform the same function in maintaining the balance of the ecosystem of the northern savanna in Africa.

How critical is the loss of a subspecies, due to mans involvement in the reduction of that species population to the point of extinction? It is an important philosophical question, yet it is also an important scientific question.

I doubt this sort of influence can be considered brain washing but it sure seems an example of an attempt to influence human thinking. So is what is taking place economically all over the internet; the mining of individual preference data in the hopes of increasing the consumption of a good or a service, as a human behavior, not also an example of attempts to influence human attitudes. This sort of pressure is being masterminded by those on the right side of the equation. It is systematic, and pervasive, targeted and directed with the same sort of methodologies exhibited from the left. Get a population hooked on a device, and use that device to gather data that increased the likelihood of an increased dependency on the device and furthered capability to affect human behavior. It is difficult to say which is the more accurate example of brainwashing taking place or if it can even be called brainwashing. It is more akin to the politics of influencing an others opinion. Neither side seems to be practicing any sort of honesty in what is taking place.

Are we capable of assessing the issues from a more balanced perspective then lumping the blame on just one side or the other? I was hoping that a sort of breaking the ice with examples might lubricate the thought processes of others to present further examples and discuss the questions raised from a more balanced perspective.

i used to be an eco-fascist back in my pre-anarchist/nihilist days, so i was all about the precedence of the environment. still am, actually, but only if everyone agreed to work together in a concerted effort. until that day, i’m throwing empty mcdonalds cups out my window like i’ve always done in an effort to trash the world and force a devolution into anarcho-primitivism so we can start over.

but this greta thing. i don’t like it. it smells bad, like a disingenuous liberal stage-prop used to solicit sympathy from an audience who’s been duped into believing global warming is worse than it really is. oh its happening alright… but not nearly as bad and fast as they say. but i am totally on board with the whole ‘anti capitalism’ message, just for other reasons. not because capitalism is destroying the planet. industry is destroying the planet, and capitalism is industries bitch. if you build factories… they will come, as it were. what we gotta do is put the breaks on industry, and to do that, incidentally, we gotta hang the capitalists.

yeah but that greta clip almost gave me nightmares. it was surreal, man. that accent and that twisted face. shivers

omg get away from me!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCF5Y8dQpR4[/youtube]

White person disease.

To be clear, I don’t ascribe the new ecostupid to you, p. In that movie, you would be the priest. I also didn’t watch the movie the whole way through, as I have a low tolerance for propaganda these days. But that is what you have attached yourself to. And the disease is the same.

I had another point I think, but this whole ecotard shit makes my brain drowsy.

This is why the world hates white people: (instinctively, even if they can’t put it into words, the words have been lashed out of them)

Glaciers are melting. Ok, Half the world must be starved. for the glaciers.

fucking white people.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehQuPA-Xq7c[/youtube]

She’s wrong though, King Miguel wasn’t brought in from Africa. He was born in America.

It’s also not true that he “died” some time after and his “followers” went on fucking with the Spanish. They were all cornered into a cliff and slaughtered.

They probably got mixed up with an Indian rebel that made some alliances with other Indians and died in more or less the way she describes. That alliance was ultimately defeated, but in the case of the Indians their followers did maintain a campaign of fucking with the Spanish that pretty much goes on to this day.

So Pedro, Interesting your reaction to Prom’s remark, but what of the question of curious? Where are we on those grounds?

Like the OP?

I unno…

Like can the left-right dichotomy be overcome? Is that what you’re asking? Like how do western political schools of thought compare to Arabian ones? Is that the question?

You asking me to address a Muslim’s contempt for European culture? Is that it? do you think that can be answered in terms of left and right? Is Arabia just a equal but different iteration of our own society? Of a kind of Platonic society of which we are both different manifestations?

Nigga you gotta getcho shit straight.

It was an open question whitey. Use your imagination to fill in the blanks. No expectations other then your point of view being where you are and what you think. It’s ain’t like I’m handing out a test or anything. Roll with your thinking not yer bitchin. A bitch has gotta bitch and a thinker has to think. I can respect a little of both, if you’d give me a little credit for being white. That shit ain’t never going to get straight. So what? You think it’s a question that refers to east and west or right and left or up and down or Greta and Iphones. I think you missed the mark. It isn’t any one of these things but all of them. You can pick your fav. But what about brainwashed? It’s like pulling fuckin teeth.

ugh…

Fucking virgos.

I’ll put it this way.

Good men like you wallowing in general musings of ambiguity and reveling in the enticing feeling of lostness from a well funded perch are what is bringing us all down. The Gretas, the real crazies are a minority. It is your allowance aligned with the stringent morality which you conveniently never question that gives them power. Greta just speaks at the UN, you all made it. You all still run it. In the sense that you fund it, really. Y’all still the ones mostly moving the money around. Fucking windmills.

A little philosophy. Ain’t gonna hurt ya. You’re in the right. Start from there.

The last time I checked on the world stage of income I fell just over the 23 percentile. That is some comfort beyond starving I agree. But fairly far from moving much money around. I’m tryin to be a good man. My wife and I live in a 100+ year old home that’s 1500 square feet. 750 square feet per person. That’s some where between France and Denmark as an average. Shit our garden is bigger then that. You suggesting despite my rank I might have a chance of meeting your expectation?

Fucking virgos is right. And 59 wasn’t a great year for philosophy.

You misunderstand me completely.

You know that authority you feel when you chastise someone because you felt they were disrespectful or something? The one that conveniently turns into: “I’m just a simple man with a straw bed and a straw hat” whenever it is addressed? That is true wealth. Let’s imagine the old saying is true and money is not the most important thing.

And no, I can’t just let it go.

23%? How many thousand square feet?

Top men in certain societies would kill other top men for what you have. I understand not whipping yourself over what you have, but you could at least not be blazé about it.

Must be your accent, could you try typing slower, maybe that would help

thanks for trying

Yeah, that one!

That’s the one I meant.

Not so much.