Is existence enough?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Re: Is existence enough?

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:45 pm

Gloominary wrote:I don't think cab driver is for me, unless it's in the day time, because I don't want to deal with drunks and junkies (perhaps a courier).
I don't want to be a security guard either, I don't like conflict, confrontation or enforcement, it's nowhere near worth the pay.

Courier is fun too. Delivery guy even. There's also plenty of cabbies that work the day time. Airport rides and such. For a contemplative man, there is more than one gratifying conversation to be had.
Pedro I Rengel
Philosopher

Postby barbarianhorde » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:18 pm

Gloominary wrote:
promethean75 wrote:all you, gloom. you'll love it. there's no continuity of plot... just random interactions between disconnected people. one of my favorite b-movies. philosophical too.

That's totally fucking me, thanks for that.

this is great.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby barbarianhorde » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:
Gloominary wrote:I don't think cab driver is for me, unless it's in the day time, because I don't want to deal with drunks and junkies (perhaps a courier).
I don't want to be a security guard either, I don't like conflict, confrontation or enforcement, it's nowhere near worth the pay.

Courier is fun too. Delivery guy even. There's also plenty of cabbies that work the day time. Airport rides and such. For a contemplative man, there is more than one gratifying conversation to be had.

I always forget I can consider that as a contingency plan. Seems very enjoyable.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:22 am

Existence without inspiration is simply killing time on the clock.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Gloominary » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:27 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Existence without inspiration is simply killing time on the clock.

It's good to have balance I think, it's good to be inspired, driven, but it's also good to relax, take it easy, enjoy the simple things, not overreach.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Philosophy