The Socialist: a mind-scan

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Jakob » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:22 pm

“One day, as I was driving home from work, I noticed two children crossing the street. They were happy, happy to be free from their troubles…. This happiness was mine by right. I had earned it in my dreams.

“As I neared the young ones, I put all my weight on my right foot, keeping the accelerator pedal on the floor until I heard the crashing of the two children on the hood, and then the sharp cry of pain from one of the two. I was so fascinated for a moment, that when after I had stopped my vehicle, I just sat in a daze, sweet visions filling my head.”

- Beto's budding Socialism at 15 years old

****


this is EXACTLY what Ive always identified as Socialism.

"They were happy, happy to be free from their troubles…. This happiness was mine by right. "


But of course I, not being a Socialist, could not see how directly the pain of others is linked to the Socialists joy.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7117
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Jakob » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:26 pm

More, from Beto:

"my one and only goal in life became
the termination of everything that was free and loving. Only I could
realize the true value of loving and expression. Only in my dreams."



No, leftists. Not all boys have this kind of thoughts.

But now I understand why leftists think bad things of Trump. They simply can not imagine a being without sadism as a driving force.

Sadism is, it becomes evident, so natural to a leftist that it defines his entire outlook.

Hence why cutting up children genitals is, to them, not an offence but just the way things go, and a thing to be fought for.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7117
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Jakob » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:29 pm

Beto O Rourke wrote:"my one and only goal in life became
the termination of everything that was free and loving. Only I could
realize the true value of loving and expression. Only in my dreams."

What an uncannily accurate self-portrait. This glimpse of the inside of a leftist explains the utterings, to me so very alien, of every single leftist Ive ever talked to.

I now know to truly stay away from the Socialist. There is no common ground to be found. I love love, they hate love. I felt it but couldn't believe it. Now I know that it is actually true.
Now that I know what is in their minds, I know they are not going to heal. Their very essence is sadistic. They were born as a torment on all that is innocent.

To choose against Socialism is our duty as mankind.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7117
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby promethean75 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:33 pm

To choose against Socialism is our duty as mankind.


there's no doubt about it, it would be one helluva war. you cappies will have your work cut out for you with 75 percent of the world against you. and in the very, very, very unlikely event that you do win, here's some friendly advice: don't kill them all, 'cause you need somebody to do the work for you or you'll perish.
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:02 pm

Jakob wrote:“One day, as I was driving home from work, I noticed two children crossing the street. They were happy, happy to be free from their troubles…. This happiness was mine by right. I had earned it in my dreams.

“As I neared the young ones, I put all my weight on my right foot, keeping the accelerator pedal on the floor until I heard the crashing of the two children on the hood, and then the sharp cry of pain from one of the two. I was so fascinated for a moment, that when after I had stopped my vehicle, I just sat in a daze, sweet visions filling my head.”

- Beto's budding Socialism at 15 years old

****


this is EXACTLY what Ive always identified as Socialism.

"They were happy, happy to be free from their troubles…. This happiness was mine by right. "


But of course I, not being a Socialist, could not see how directly the pain of others is linked to the Socialists joy.



K: I gotta say in all honesty, what the fuck is wrong with you?
You make shit up and pretend it has a basis in reality and then you make
up more shit about socialism... You are one fucked up human being.....

It is hard to be angry at someone who clearly need professional mental help....
I feel sorry for you......

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7355
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby promethean75 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 pm

“One day, as I was driving home from work, I noticed two children crossing the street. They were happy, happy to be free from their troubles…. This happiness was mine by right. I had earned it in my dreams.

“As I neared the young ones, I put all my weight on my right foot, keeping the accelerator pedal on the floor until I heard the crashing of the two children on the hood, and then the sharp cry of pain from one of the two. I was so fascinated for a moment, that when after I had stopped my vehicle, I just sat in a daze, sweet visions filling my head.”

- Beto's budding Socialism at 15 years old


umm... why is he driving at 15 years old? he must have had a driver's permit, because he couldn't have had a license. and if he did, it means someone else with a license had to be in the car with him... so why didn't this dude stop him? or was he a socialist too?

Hence why cutting up children genitals is, to them, not an offence but just the way things go, and a thing to be fought for.


i assume you're talking about circumcision? circumcision should be a mandatory procedure for all johnsons, and not for some bullshit religious reasons, either. it should be done to prevent smegma from becoming a problem of epidemic proportions.... which it most certainly would in a world full of johnsons with foreskins. now i ain't a girl, but the thought of having sex with an uncircumcised johnson disgusts me. i'd do just as well sticking an old moldy stick up my twat and getting a bacterial infection that way. at least then i don't have to worry about doing some guy's laundry and cooking him dinner.

i fully support the practice of circumcision.

all hail the socialist circumcisers!
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Silhouette » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:15 pm

promethean75 wrote:i assume you're talking about circumcision? circumcision should be a mandatory procedure for all johnsons, and not for some bullshit religious reasons, either. it should be done to prevent smegma from becoming a problem of epidemic proportions.... which it most certainly would in a world full of johnsons with foreskins. now i ain't a girl, but the thought of having sex with an uncircumcised johnson disgusts me. i'd do just as well sticking an old moldy stick up my twat and getting a bacterial infection that way. at least then i don't have to worry about doing some guy's laundry and cooking him dinner.

i fully support the practice of circumcision.

all hail the socialist circumcisers!

By the same logic you should remove all teeth to prevent tooth decay from becoming a problem of epidemic proportions.

Cleaning may be an inconvenience, but it's perfectly effective for both teeth and foreskins. The bacterial build-up argument is all religious BS, when the real intention is the same behind female circumcision - to reduce sexual pleasure: a primitive kind of birth control.
It's crazy how circumcision is correctly thought of as abhorent for the female, but somehow even a good thing for the male - genital mutilation is all it is. Socialist non-circumcisers of the world unite!
User avatar
Silhouette
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 1:27 am
Location: Existence

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby promethean75 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:39 pm

By the same logic you should remove all teeth to prevent tooth decay from becoming a problem of epidemic proportions.

Cleaning may be an inconvenience, but it's perfectly effective for both teeth and foreskins. The bacterial build-up argument is all religious BS, when the real intention is the same behind female circumcision - to reduce sexual pleasure: a primitive kind of birth control.
It's crazy how circumcision is correctly thought of as abhorent for the female, but somehow even a good thing for the male - genital mutilation is all it is. Socialist non-circumcisers of the world unite!


you need teef to be an eatin' machine, but you don't need a foreskin to be a sex machine.

i suppose though that we can agree to make circumcision optional for the proletariat. hardly an issue to be divisive about. we need solidarity right now and can't be quarreling over foreskins. we will therefore provide for each newborn proletariat a summary of the accumulated scientific knowledge we have of the advantages and disadvantages of circumcision, and allow him to make an informed decision about choosing to have the procedure or not.
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby MagsJ » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:50 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:


K: I gotta say in all honesty, what the fuck is wrong with you?

He is a story teller.. conveying a point through a story.

There was a TV series here by Storybook International: https://YouTube.be/H2DS6o64vKA - he's a storyteller and his stories must be told.

They were very elaborate stories, but were so to convey a strong message through storytelling. I think that is what Jakob is attempting to do with this thread - if you don't get it, attacking the character is not the way forward.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 18445
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:06 am

Jakob wrote:“One day, as I was driving home from work, I noticed two children crossing the street. They were happy, happy to be free from their troubles…. This happiness was mine by right. I had earned it in my dreams.

“As I neared the young ones, I put all my weight on my right foot, keeping the accelerator pedal on the floor until I heard the crashing of the two children on the hood, and then the sharp cry of pain from one of the two. I was so fascinated for a moment, that when after I had stopped my vehicle, I just sat in a daze, sweet visions filling my head.”

- Beto's budding Socialism at 15 years old

****


this is EXACTLY what Ive always identified as Socialism.

"They were happy, happy to be free from their troubles…. This happiness was mine by right. "


But of course I, not being a Socialist, could not see how directly the pain of others is linked to the Socialists joy.


This is a hilarious example of 'anecdotal evidence' in two ways. One, it is offering a one off story as evidence. It is offering a story as evidence.

I think it's sad that you are so disconnected from your dark side, that when you quote from a STORY a fifteen year old boy wrote 'in character', you think this means that is who he is now as an adult. The character is him to you. You would just populate your stories with nice characters, like other...capitalists, right wingers....except they don't do that.

He's a liberal, not a socialist.

When kids play grand theft auto, it doesn't mean they are criminals.

Flaubert was not a woman. Ayn Rand wasn't an architect or a man.

Stan Lee was never bitten by a radioactive spider and he never had superpowers.

And you are never going to have sex with Daenerys Targaryen.

With a fixed cross no less, and still projecting your shadow on anything that moves.
Last edited by Karpel Tunnel on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:09 am

Jakob wrote:Hence why cutting up children genitals is, to them, not an offence but just the way things go, and a thing to be fought for.
Quit the anti-semitism.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby promethean75 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:12 am

With a fixed cross no less, and still projecting your shadow on anything that moves.


i would never say the following...

prometheus never wrote:it's the nature of his writing. it's like an over-cooked goulash of poetry, informal fallacy, invalid argument, anecdote, esoteric rambling, scatter-brained prose, non-sequitur, soap box pontificating, vicious invective, megalomania, and histrionic jumping about ... followed by a few prophetic words about some rapper or another.

it's not that you don't want to engage with this guy... it's that you can't engage with this guy without risking coming out of it two more beers short of a six pack. philosophy is already hard enough as it is, man. you got people on these forum boards that have spent upwards of twenty years cramming so much crap into their heads that they don't understand, you'd need to perform a fucking lobotomy to get rid of it all. how do i know? because i used to be one of these guys... then i put my own brain under the knife.

but the point isn't that you can't do that. you can do that... it's a style of creative writing. but what you can't do is tell yourself and others that you're producing genuine arguments. formal argument is not some shit where you get to brainstorm whatever's on your mind and throw a few obscure, colorful words around. you got to be extremely careful when you try to put together an argument. there's a science to it, an art. if these people spent a quarter of the time it took them to learn all the shit they want to argue, learning how to argue, instead, these forums would be a completely different environment.


... because i'm not the most skilled arguer in the world, myself, but i know the real shit when i see it. and believe me, this ain't the real shit. this is like a 'remaining philosophers together' club where a handful of forum addicts get together everyday and shoot the shit.

ain't nuthin' goin' down in these places. every day is the same. duddint matter if you had a break through reading something in a thread the other day... nothing substantial changes in your life because of it. it's like a theater of the absurd, where one half of the actors are trying to kill each other with words while the other half are patting each other on the back. this shit should be a TV series. i'm not kidding. you give me what i need to produce it and i'll make every one of you a star. full access to aristophanes' workshop is all i need.
promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:27 pm

promethean75 wrote:
With a fixed cross no less, and still projecting your shadow on anything that moves.


i would never say the following...

prometheus never wrote:it's the nature of his writing. it's like an over-cooked goulash of poetry, informal fallacy, invalid argument, anecdote, esoteric rambling, scatter-brained prose, non-sequitur, soap box pontificating, vicious invective, megalomania, and histrionic jumping about ... followed by a few prophetic words about some rapper or another.

it's not that you don't want to engage with this guy... it's that you can't engage with this guy without risking coming out of it two more beers short of a six pack. philosophy is already hard enough as it is, man. you got people on these forum boards that have spent upwards of twenty years cramming so much crap into their heads that they don't understand, you'd need to perform a fucking lobotomy to get rid of it all. how do i know? because i used to be one of these guys... then i put my own brain under the knife.

but the point isn't that you can't do that. you can do that... it's a style of creative writing. but what you can't do is tell yourself and others that you're producing genuine arguments. formal argument is not some shit where you get to brainstorm whatever's on your mind and throw a few obscure, colorful words around. you got to be extremely careful when you try to put together an argument. there's a science to it, an art. if these people spent a quarter of the time it took them to learn all the shit they want to argue, learning how to argue, instead, these forums would be a completely different environment.


... because i'm not the most skilled arguer in the world, myself, but i know the real shit when i see it. and believe me, this ain't the real shit. this is like a 'remaining philosophers together' club where a handful of forum addicts get together everyday and shoot the shit.

ain't nuthin' goin' down in these places. every day is the same. duddint matter if you had a break through reading something in a thread the other day... nothing substantial changes in your life because of it. it's like a theater of the absurd, where one half of the actors are trying to kill each other with words while the other half are patting each other on the back. this shit should be a TV series. i'm not kidding. you give me what i need to produce it and i'll make every one of you a star. full access to aristophanes' workshop is all i need.
Well put, both inside the quotes and outside. It is like hearing too guys putting their garage band guitars down and just spouting. It's like they don't seem to realize they could just do this privately. Then if we happen to walk by the garage and overhear some spacey shit and start arguing with them, well that would just be rude. You get to shoot the shit with like minds and just wank away.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Carleas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:53 pm

This smells a bit of the no-true-Scottsman fallacy. What is your working definition of 'socialist'? Surely there is a set of social and economic policies that goes along with it. Beto himself doesn't accept the moniker, he describes himself as a capitalist and rejects even Bernie-style socialism (which is a very watered down form of socialism by historical and global standards).

You're also reading an awful lot into a story written by an angsty teenager. I know it is the case for me, and I hope it's the case for you, that I have a much better understanding of the world than I did at 15. There's a reason we don't let 15 year olds drink or vote or fuck or face the full consequences of their criminal acts. Similarly, we should not let them be representatives of a political ideology about which much more rigorous defenses have been made.

If the best argument against socialism is that a 15 year old who described himself as a socialist didn't know what he was talking about and also had a bunch of other bad ideas, I would say that you don't have an argument against socialism. It does not seem justified to count that story as any evidence whatsoever against socialism.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 5829
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

HOW GREAT MINDS THINK

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:11 pm

The Socialist: a mind-scan
Dennis Burnham, who lived next door, was a toddler when his mother briefly put him in a playpen in their garden. She returned a few minutes later to find the current U.S. president, Donald Trump, then aged five or six, standing at his fence throwing rocks at the little boy.

This proves that capitalists are sadists and bullies, and that capitalism is a failed system.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

HOW GREAT MINDS THINK 2

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a Republican.

Therefore capitalism is, at root, twisted private killing.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: HOW GREAT MINDS THINK 2

Postby Jakob » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a Republican.

Therefore capitalism is, at root, twisted private killing.

Capitalism isn't actually a republican invention. But Ill forgive you this ignorance.

The difference we are discussing here is that we convict killers where you seek to elect them into office.
Image
For behold, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals
User avatar
Jakob
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7117
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: look at my suit

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Serendipper » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:09 pm

Peter Kropotkin wrote:
Jakob wrote:Blah blah socialist blah barf erg blah socialist socialism bleg barf gasp.

K: I gotta say in all honesty, what the fuck is wrong with you?
You make shit up and pretend it has a basis in reality and then you make
up more shit about socialism... You are one fucked up human being.....

It is hard to be angry at someone who clearly need professional mental help....
I feel sorry for you......

Kropotkin

It is hard to be angry at a dumb animal, isn't it. Or a bot :-?
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Mad Man P » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Capitalists like to pretend that ownership is natural...

The natural order is you only own what you can keep from others... and as it turns out gangs beat individuals.
So that's what we humans have done... ganged up.

The question is, how should we organize our gang?

Socialism, share the spoils equally? But what about the members who never do anything for the gang? Do we really want to reward that? We'd breed weak members who won't fight to keep what we have.

Capitalism, establish a competitive sport where members fight each other for the spoils? It might keep individual members strong, but shatter our unity, we'd be too busy fighting each other to fight together.

Perhaps there is something in between we might consider... but to establish a functional meritocracy we have to figure out what is functional, what we value and to what degree

It's not easy running a gang...
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
Mad Man P
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2574
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:32 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: The Socialist: a mind-scan

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:25 pm

Right wingers who can only think binary (capitalism vs socialism) never mention the Commons.
Cause the Commons is traditional, conservative, part of our blood,
blood being something else the corporations will sure try to patent or privitize and make us pay for our own.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm


Return to Current Events



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron