Doctor Pummels Fox Hosts Into Submission On Medicare For All

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR8W8A23StY[/youtube]

The comments are brutal!

“did the host just say he knows a country very well because his wife was there for a month?”

“I know UK very well. I watched 2 episodes of Benny Hill show and sometimes drink tea.”

“I know the UK very well, I lived there for a few hours during a layover.”

“It’s like vacationing in Hawaii, once you’ve been there a week, you’re basically a native.”

“I just need to talk about the United Kingdom, a country I know very well as my wife was there for a month”

“Statistics/Facts vs. My wife’s anecdote”

“Wait, why did his wife go to England for health care? What was wrong with US medicine/ doctors?”

““Soviet Union Healthcare” How do you say that with a straight face? These puppetheads are just vomiting nonsense for a fat paycheque.”

“Anybody who’s ever debated knows that you never bring up anecdotal stories. On a side note, I’m surprised nobody brought up Venezuela”

“Yep. Welcome to the USA, where you can be as dumb and deceitful as you want on national “news” AND get away with it!”

Pummeling people into submission… yeah. I can see you drooling.

It is absolutely an object of national pride.

It works superbly, it’s extremely convenient, there’s the usual issues such as waiting times for certain services, but tragically it’s slowly getting strangled and sold off to private companies by the string of right-of-centre governments we keep ending up with - even when the left of centre parties collectively get more votes than the right of centre parties as I went into on the other thread.
The right of centre government tactic seems to be to run public funding badly so the services struggle and fail more, thus proving that public funding is bad and that things need to be sold off to private buyers. So dirty and underhanded.
The technology and expertise in the NHS is really good, I’m sure it’s not as ground-breaking in every respect as some private services can be, but it’s more than sufficient. You don’t get cosmetic services as part of it, which is fine by me - I don’t think many people like the idea of their taxes paying for other people’s vanity. There’s nothing stopping you going to a private practice instead, we just get the option of public on top of that.

Nearly half of UK tax receipts are from Income tax and national insurance, add to that VAT, corporation tax and council tax and that’s over 3/4 of where the UK gets its funding. In case you’re not familiar since I know US taxation is different + it uses different terms: roughly speaking the first two are proportionate to your payslip, VAT is a flat tax, corporation tax is a profit tax and council tax is the given rate for the area you live.

The NHS comes to less than a fifth of tax expenditure. I think it’s perfectly fair and that’s the general consensus too as far as I know. There’s some some right wing aversion to it, for sure, but there is always is it seems. I just feel so sad for countries like the US that don’t have it. Not treating healthcare in the same category as other accepted “rights” is just shocking to me - you need health to live, and for quality of life - actively opposing public healthcare is just an attack on life and its quality for anyone who isn’t rich. The right love to claim the left hate the rich, but there’s more than enough evidence to show the right hate the poor.

It’s conditional to capitalism that people be kept in states of low quality of life in order to maximize profits through low wages (ie impoverished people are willing to work for less). Capitalism has zero incentive to keep people healthy, educated, or anything but desperate for work.

I appreciate the information, Sil. Thanks!

Perhaps it was a service that is only available here… sometimes patients here have to go to America or elsewhee for treatments that just simply are not available here…

The NHS budget has been increased by £20 billion a year…

The Personal Allowance has been raised, again, to £11,850… with the lowest earners being exempt from taxation on their wages altogether - from April 2019 this will rise to £12,500, and the higher rate threshold of 40% taxation on wages will rise from £40,000 to £50,000. The left were against these rises, as they prefer their nation to pay as much tax as possible… fact!

It was also a Labour government that brought in tuition fees for Higher Education, and a Liberal Democrat government who tripled it to a cripplingly unaffordable £9,000. Scotland abolished their’s in 2000.

I did not know you were British Silhouette? :open_mouth:

Would be hilarious if you guys lived around the corner from each other :laughing:

Doctors’ Bills Play Role In Majority Of Personal Bankruptcies

zerohedge.com/news/2019-03- … nkruptcies

Checkout this comment:

See what I mean about conservatives?

I’ve said it here a bazillion times: they would rather hurt themselves than bear the thought that someone might get something for nothing.

That would be dependent on Silhouette residing in London…

I am still surprised at myself for not realising.

#-o