New Discovery

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Re: New Discovery

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:33 pm

can just as well be asserted that the saying " live in the present is merely a metaphor. I am writing this determenently, in order to understand time, and end up with a metaphore, no matter how you slice it.

The present moment is already gone as soon as it is lived. We always live predeterminately on a conscious level, and in the proximate future as the last flows into the future.

This can be imagined or illustrated. by set theory as well.
The perfect essence of the imperfect reflection must end sadly, paradoxically, because perfect presence implies slicing the gap between the relative and the absolute set, up to a scintilla of a slice: where a scintilla is immeasurable.

Time expanded into the very tiniest segments end with uncertainty which is the quanta of temporality.

In that sense the flow of time covers that minute gap between conscious and unconscious flow.

There really is only relative time and the relation must be a measure of one signified epoch to another.

Signification depends on signs, and since the present has no sign , it is not significant enough to take measure of.
( look around you and see if you can re-cognise you that which was not there a moment ago?)

It is merely a metaphore, here and now, as well as the next nano second.


Imagination is , on the other hand, capable of recreating a time such as one can imagine of suspended animation. But then again, that implies Other minds, and verification of shared imminance takes more than telepathy, recognition .

That those kinds of states are absolutely certain to have arisen, is within the boundaries of certainty as well.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: New Discovery

Postby peacegirl » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Artimas wrote:Animals aren’t as complex as humans yet. Animals don’t fret about the past because they appreciate simplicity of the present. They are determined and easily shaped by environment, lack of consciousness.

That’s the beauty or point Pg, we can take the information without experiencing it from past/future, this is the differentiation between us and lower conscious animals, which I view them as sub/unconscious, due to their knowing but not possessing the ability to understand complexity through a-priori.

We could possibly physically recreate past/future moment, by altering environment to match specific times. With the future this is a given, the past would be trickier.


We can definitely alter the environment to match something we experience only in our minds, but again this can only happen in the present.

Artimas wrote:What if you have no direct memory, what if you’re fed memory through the collective sub/unconscious? Via imagery. And this collective is an infinite of time past and future. Like a cloud of data.


Every thought, every memory that is fed through collective sub/unconscious via imagery, is happening now. How can it not be? IOW, if the collective subconscious that feeds memory through imagery is lost and can no longer be retrieved due to an accident, all we would have is the present because that is all that exists.
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health,
lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys
information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner



peacegirl
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: New Discovery

Postby Artimas » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:02 pm

peacegirl wrote:
Artimas wrote:Animals aren’t as complex as humans yet. Animals don’t fret about the past because they appreciate simplicity of the present. They are determined and easily shaped by environment, lack of consciousness.

That’s the beauty or point Pg, we can take the information without experiencing it from past/future, this is the differentiation between us and lower conscious animals, which I view them as sub/unconscious, due to their knowing but not possessing the ability to understand complexity through a-priori.

We could possibly physically recreate past/future moment, by altering environment to match specific times. With the future this is a given, the past would be trickier.


We can definitely alter the environment to match something we experience only in our minds, but again this can only happen in the present.

Artimas wrote:What if you have no direct memory, what if you’re fed memory through the collective sub/unconscious? Via imagery. And this collective is an infinite of time past and future. Like a cloud of data.


Every thought, every memory that is fed through collective sub/unconscious via imagery, is happening now. How can it not be? IOW, if the collective subconscious that feeds memory through imagery is lost and can no longer be retrieved due to an accident, all we would have is the present because that is all that exists.


But the past created the now. So is it not due to the past that there is a present at all? I would argue the present is an illusion, it’s always gone. Everything is either recent past or near future. That’s why it’s a continuity.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: New Discovery

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:05 pm

In extacy, or an ecstatic present it is possible , but the discovery relies on an imminance, that can not be demonstrated to transcend time. It is merely a hands -on ima go of the present
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: New Discovery

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Stepping out on that limb and trying something entirely different can also cause greater satisfaction and a stretching of the self.
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 15444
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: A state of unknowing

Re: New Discovery

Postby peacegirl » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:25 pm

Meno_ wrote:can just as well be asserted that the saying " live in the present is merely a metaphor. I am writing this determenently, in order to understand time, and end up with a metaphore, no matter how you slice it.

The present moment is already gone as soon as it is lived. We always live predeterminately on a conscious level, and in the proximate future as the last flows into the future.

This can be imagined or illustrated. by set theory as well.
The perfect essence of the imperfect reflection must end sadly, paradoxically, because perfect presence implies slicing the gap between the relative and the absolute set, up to a scintilla of a slice: where a scintilla is immeasurable.

Time expanded into the very tiniest segments end with uncertainty which is the quanta of temporality.

In that sense the flow of time covers that minute gap between conscious and unconscious flow.

There really is only relative time and the relation must be a measure of one signified epoch to another.

Signification depends on signs, and since the present has no sign , it is not significant enough to take measure of.
( look around you and see if you can re-cognise you that which was not there a moment ago?)

It is merely a metaphore, here and now, as well as the next nano second.

Imagination is , on the other hand, capable of recreating a time such as one can imagine of suspended animation. But then again, that implies Other minds, and verification of shared imminance takes more than telepathy, recognition .

That those kinds of states are absolutely certain to have arisen, is within the boundaries of certainty as well.


The significance of the present moment is related to past moments. If we couldn't connect the past to the present through memory, we would not be able to make meaningful choices. But all of the imagery that we experience subconsciously, all the memories, the feelings, the recollections, are being experienced in the present.

The word ‘past’ is
obviously the perception of a relation that appears undeniable because
it has reference to the revolution of the earth on its axis in relation to
the sun. You are conscious that it takes a certain length of time to do
something, and because you are also conscious of space you perceive
that as you traverse a point from here to there what is left behind as
you travel is called the past, and your destination is the future. Here
lies a great fallacy that was never completely understood, for how is it
humanly possible for there to be such a thing as the past and future
when in reality all we ever have is the present? Yet we have a word to
describe something that has no existence in the real world.

Socrates never lived in the past — he lived in the present, although our
recollection of him allows us to think back to this time period. The
reason we say that Socrates lived in the past is because this particular
individual is no longer here. But is it possible for you to say that God
existed in the past? Does anyone ever sleep in the past; does the sun
ever shine in the past; is it possible for you to do anything in the past?
If you were sitting up on a high cloud these last ten thousand years,
never asleep, you would have watched Socrates in the present, just as
you are watching me write this book in the present.
Last edited by peacegirl on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health,
lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys
information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner



peacegirl
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: New Discovery

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:27 pm

Artimas,

But the past created the now. So is it not due to the past that there is a present at all? I would argue the present is an illusion, it’s always gone. Everything is either recent past or near future. That’s why it’s a continuity.


Have you never lived in or experienced the "here and now"moment, Artimas, where there is no recent past or near future? It is almost like time stands still though that too is an illusion but a wonderful one.
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."


"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."


“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 15444
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: A state of unknowing

Re: New Discovery

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:32 pm

That's a leap , and some leaps have to be decided immediately, without any notion of con sequences.
This is why most people weighing the probability of a fall when trying to decide to stay on a precipice or jump, tend to stay within the confines of the traditional and the used to. That is the point, right on, Arc.
Last edited by Meno_ on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: New Discovery

Postby peacegirl » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:41 pm

Meno_ wrote:In extacy, or an ecstatic present it is possible , but the discovery relies on an imminance, that can not be demonstrated to transcend time. It is merely a hands -on ima go of the present


The knowledge of man's true nature transcends time itself because it's timeless.
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health,
lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys
information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner



peacegirl
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: New Discovery

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:47 pm

peacegirl wrote:
Meno_ wrote:In extacy, or an ecstatic present it is possible , but the discovery relies on an imminance, that can not be demonstrated to transcend time. It is merely a hands -on ima go of the present


The knowledge of man's true nature transcends time itself because it's timeless.



This point has been touched upon BEFORE, its an implication, therefore figuratively, toward transcendental awareness.

Time is of the essence is my point.


And at this point an eternal recurrence happens, subject to Saint Anselm.
Last edited by Meno_ on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: New Discovery

Postby peacegirl » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:49 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:Artimas,

But the past created the now. So is it not due to the past that there is a present at all? I would argue the present is an illusion, it’s always gone. Everything is either recent past or near future. That’s why it’s a continuity.


Have you never lived in or experienced the "here and now"moment, Artimas, where there is no recent past or near future? It is almost like time stands still though that too is an illusion but a wonderful one.


The perception of time is relative. If a person is bored at work, time seems to go slow. If he's busy, time seems to go much faster. If he's involved in an interesting project, time seems to go very fast. People will often say, "Where has the time gone"? Some people call that "flow".

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-flow-2794768
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health,
lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys
information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner



peacegirl
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: New Discovery

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:10 pm

The ignoring of scientific effects on Preception (absolute) they call naive realism. That is some skeptics' view of Saint Anselm, though admiration is due those who can re-integrate the old with the new, and avoid a redundant eternal re-occurance (as somehow distinct from recurrence);
but the matter with Cosmology has not yet been cleared, and that was the major premise.


I do apologise in thinking primarily through philosophy, and that is why perhaps I'm having difficulty with explaing what I mean, and can not out stay my welcome in others'cover.

Maybe its a.good thing , though, because we are , as children of the god, all searching for truth and the method by which we can differentiate it from evil.

Maybe good challenges evil to to prove once and.for all , the way things must go down , presumably for the much , much better and show absolutely who the winner is.

In some view, there are no winners or losers, because once we realize who or what God really is, the return of one to the other. is merely a.constant oscillation. , without which existence It's self could not have produced a primordial condition to form existence as understood.
Here is where bondedness and boundaries seek clarification .
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: New Discovery

Postby peacegirl » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Meno_ wrote:The ignoring of scientific effects on Preception (absolute) they call naive realism. That is some skeptics' view of Saint Anselm, though admiration is due those who can re-integrate the old with the new, and avoid a redundant eternal re-occurance (as somehow distinct from recurrence);
but the matter with Cosmology has not yet been cleared, and that was the major premise.


I do apologise in thinking primarily through philosophy, and that is why perhaps I'm having difficulty with explaing what I mean, and can not out stay my welcome in others'cover.

Maybe its a.good thing , though, because we are , as children of the god, all searching for truth and the method by which we can differentiate it from evil.

Maybe good challenges evil to to prove once and.for all , the way things must go down , presumably for the much , much better and show absolutely who the winner is.

In some view, there are no winners or losers, because once we realize who or what God really is, the return of one to the other. is merely a.constant oscillation. , without which existence It's self could not have produced a primordial condition to form existence as understood.
Here is where bondedness and boundaries seek clarification .


Maybe we should start by defining evil, for that is the central issue. Isn't the supplication that God may deliver us from all evil the reason for our prayers?
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health,
lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys
information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner



peacegirl
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: New Discovery

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Before that may we add a video that may serve as an intervening variable in form of a clue to be discerned?

Course this could serve as a tangent or even post scriptively toward it. Whatever object we seem to attach to evil.




https://youtu.be/tFMo3UJ4B4g



And please do not ask for relevance in the present sense, for cohesion can only begotten bilaterally, after the fact, meaning similar to Your thesis of understanding postscriptivelly a presumptive transcendental event as performative .
Last edited by Meno_ on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: New Discovery

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:00 pm

As a matter of fact we may skip it and proceed with Your suggestion and draw some sub stance after initial interplay a-priori in a topical sense.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: New Discovery

Postby Artimas » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:04 pm

An understanding can only happen after a present moment of experience or occurrence. We’re made up of millions or billions of experiences that we can understand or attempt at understanding via a priori

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: New Discovery

Postby Artimas » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:06 pm

peacegirl wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:Artimas,

But the past created the now. So is it not due to the past that there is a present at all? I would argue the present is an illusion, it’s always gone. Everything is either recent past or near future. That’s why it’s a continuity.


Have you never lived in or experienced the "here and now"moment, Artimas, where there is no recent past or near future? It is almost like time stands still though that too is an illusion but a wonderful one.


The perception of time is relative. If a person is bored at work, time seems to go slow. If he's busy, time seems to go much faster. If he's involved in an interesting project, time seems to go very fast. People will often say, "Where has the time gone"? Some people call that "flow".

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-flow-2794768

Just another example of being timeless awareness.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: New Discovery

Postby Artimas » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:07 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:Artimas,

But the past created the now. So is it not due to the past that there is a present at all? I would argue the present is an illusion, it’s always gone. Everything is either recent past or near future. That’s why it’s a continuity.


Have you never lived in or experienced the "here and now"moment, Artimas, where there is no recent past or near future? It is almost like time stands still though that too is an illusion but a wonderful one.


Yes I have had moments as well that are like this. It would seem as if we truly are a timeless awareness. Always recycling and evolving and ability to access imagery and understand via a priori.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: New Discovery

Postby peacegirl » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:19 am

Artimas wrote:
peacegirl wrote:
Artimas wrote:Animals aren’t as complex as humans yet. Animals don’t fret about the past because they appreciate simplicity of the present. They are determined and easily shaped by environment, lack of consciousness.

That’s the beauty or point Pg, we can take the information without experiencing it from past/future, this is the differentiation between us and lower conscious animals, which I view them as sub/unconscious, due to their knowing but not possessing the ability to understand complexity through a-priori.

We could possibly physically recreate past/future moment, by altering environment to match specific times. With the future this is a given, the past would be trickier.


We can definitely alter the environment to match something we experience only in our minds, but again this can only happen in the present.

Artimas wrote:What if you have no direct memory, what if you’re fed memory through the collective sub/unconscious? Via imagery. And this collective is an infinite of time past and future. Like a cloud of data.

Every thought, every memory that is fed through collective sub/unconscious via imagery, is happening now. How can it not be? IOW, if the collective subconscious that feeds memory through imagery is lost and can no longer be retrieved due to an accident, all we would have is the present because that is all that exists.


Artimas wrote:But the past created the now. So is it not due to the past that there is a present at all? I would argue the present is an illusion, it’s always gone. Everything is either recent past or near future. That’s why it’s a continuity.


It's quite the opposite. The past does not exist. We only have the present. This is important so I will repeat: all we have is the present moment which quickly turns into a past event that is brought forth through memory even if what happened occurred a second ago. That is why animals do not have this ability to think about past events. They don't have the language that allows them to remember the past.
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health,
lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys
information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner



peacegirl
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: New Discovery

Postby surreptitious75 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:54 am

The past created the present but only the present can be experienced
For it is the eternal now which is always in a constant state of motion
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: New Discovery

Postby peacegirl » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:16 pm

surreptitious75 wrote:The past created the present but only the present can be experienced
For it is the eternal now which is always in a constant state of motion


This must be a hard concept to grasp. If there is no such thing as the past, how can the past cause the present? The present is influenced by what has occurred, and choices are made due to the memory of what occurred, but we only have an eternal now. The fact that there is no past is important to this discussion!
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health,
lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys
information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner



peacegirl
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: New Discovery

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:39 pm

Actually there are so many pasts and futures , relative to each other, that if the multitude of these are relative, then the immediate presences, which are immeasurable anyway, tend to form an immeasurable plane of imminance.
Who in the world can measure this plane, and from what vantage point?
The way You describe this imminance is linear, but in fact it is circular and spherically virtual!

Again it seems abundantly clear, that Your ultra literally real presentation consists of a fixed abstraction, from which there is no possible move toward transcendence. And although the ideas presented are, or should even must be right, the absolutely can not justify them in the ultra positioning in which and through which they are presented because of th or lack of focus. The lack of cosmological and quantum relationships, which do require the transcendental objective to arise, are dynamically missing, whereas the have long ago been shifted to.
Instead, You are suggesting that evil be defined as the starting point, where it has already been discovered that evil is not an entity, as darkness is not, but an absence of goodness and light.

If You can dispense with these, then the eternal move ment of light and its lack , the idea formed by planetary revolution and slowly interceeding shades of grey. then, you would be coming closer.to this idea if depth from which enemates the figurative qualifier by which this urgency to repair perceptive abilities to acquire this depth is becoming a death or life requirement, to save the planet.


Here is Wittgenstein commenting on a multidimensional description of death:
(It befits the criteria by which temporal signification is absolutely examined):

"Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present. Our life has no end in the way in which our visual field has no limits."

Peacegirl: do You see the reverseability between the eternal continuity and the phenomenal experience of the present moment as purely descriptive? The present is simply s state of Being, in other words, nominally speaking.

But the implication consists not with that order, it is not a unanimous with it, it is transcriptive, using it's object( cessation, temporal gap: Death, as a metaphore; to in drive it into within It'self, into it's being.

This is something of value , and implies Wittgenstein nominal expression as covered by the see-shell hiding the pearl. You do have to dive deep to get at it!



----- ---- --- - -- --------


If I may borrow a partial narrative from a concurrent thread , "Biological Will",


"the hundred times refuted theory of 'free will' - get beyond the peasant simplicity of this celebrated concept 'free will' and banish it from one's mind - the causa sui is the best self-contradiction hitherto imagined, a kind of logical rape and unnaturalness: but mankind's extravagant pride has manged to get itself deeply and fightfully entangled with precisely this piece of nonsense..."

To illustrate a similar point regarding our previous correspondence on contradiction.
Let's allow the veracity of self contradiction .as per a generalized aspect of dynamic object construction, without which, the objective of transcending it would have been not possible.
This is the hidden aspect of intentionality, and a determinancy to construct human liberty and personal freedom, not bound by imperial design and suppression of thought through political oppression.

Once that object has been constructed, it may be a problem to deconstruct it eidectically., however convincing it may appear.phenomenological.
The contradiction does not disappear, it merely transposed into modern garb.
The self contradiction become a a.social one, and it's collusive suppression can be covered up only for so long.

That is what is was talking about.
Meno_
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5062
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: New Discovery

Postby peacegirl » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:47 pm

Meno_ wrote:Actually there are so many pasts and futures , relative to each other, that if the multitude of these are relative, then the immediate presences, which are immeasurable anyway, tend to form an immeasurable plane of imminance.
Who in the world can measure this plane, and from what vantage point?
The way You describe this imminance is linear, but in fact it is circular and spherically virtual!

Again it seems abundantly clear, that Your ultra literally real presentation consists of a fixed abstraction, from which there is no possible move toward transcendence. And although the ideas presented are, or should even must be right, the absolutely can not justify them in the ultra positioning in which and through which they are presented because of th or lack of focus. The lack of cosmological and quantum relationships, which do require the transcendental objective to arise, are dynamically missing, whereas the have long ago been shifted to.
Instead, You are suggesting that evil be defined as the starting point, where it has already been discovered that evil is not an entity, as darkness is not, but an absence of goodness and light.

If You can dispense with these, then the eternal move ment of light and its lack , the idea formed by planetary revolution and slowly interceeding shades of grey. then, you would be coming closer.to this idea if depth from which enemates the figurative qualifier by which this urgency to repair perceptive abilities to acquire this depth is becoming a death or life requirement, to save the planet.


Here is Wittgenstein commenting on a multidimensional description of death:
(It befits the criteria by which temporal signification is absolutely examined):

"Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present. Our life has no end in the way in which our visual field has no limits."

Peacegirl: do You see the reverseability between the eternal continuity and the phenomenal experience of the present moment as purely descriptive? The present is simply s state of Being, in other words, nominally speaking.

But the implication consists not with that order, it is not a unanimous with it, it is transcriptive, using it's object( cessation, temporal gap: Death, as a metaphore; to in drive it into within It'self, into it's being.

This is something of value , and implies Wittgenstein nominal expression as covered by the see-shell hiding the pearl. You do have to dive deep to get at it!


Meno, I like you so please don’t take this in a negative light. May the best man win!!
Last edited by peacegirl on Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health,
lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys
information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner



peacegirl
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: New Discovery

Postby Artimas » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:00 pm

It's quite the opposite. The past does not exist. We only have the present. This is important so I will repeat: all we have is the present moment which quickly turns into a past event that is brought forth through memory even if what happened occurred a second ago. That is why animals do not have this ability to think about past events. They don't have the language that allows them to remember the past.


We only may interact with a present moment, this does not mean the past or future doesn’t exist.. the past can be replicated. Animals do have an ability to think about past events, just not to the extent we have.. which is already known and the differentiation in consciousness. We repeat history all the time, if the past is only the past and no not existent, we wouldn’t repeat it surely.. I don’t live solely for the present moment. I reflect before I make a present choice, typically. Reflect and estimate.

Even nothing, is something.
If one is to live balanced with expectations, then one must learn to appreciate the negative as well, to respect darkness in its own home.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.


Image Image
User avatar
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 pm
Location: Earth, Milky Way

Re: New Discovery

Postby peacegirl » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:06 pm

Artimas wrote:
It's quite the opposite. The past does not exist. We only have the present. This is important so I will repeat: all we have is the present moment which quickly turns into a past event that is brought forth through memory even if what happened occurred a second ago. That is why animals do not have this ability to think about past events. They don't have the language that allows them to remember the past.


We only may interact with a present moment, this does not mean the past or future doesn’t exist.. the past can be replicated. Animals do have an ability to think about past events, just not to the extent we have.. which is already known and the differentiation in consciousness. We repeat history all the time, if the past is only the past and no not existent, we wouldn’t repeat it surely.. I don’t live solely for the present moment. I reflect before I make a present choice, typically. Reflect and estimate.


Artimas, the past doesn't exist. I know this is hard to contemplate because it seems so real. But it doesn't exist. We live in the present. Everything happens in the present. EVERYTHING! This has nothing whatsoever to do with reflection. Every single one of us reflecst IN THE PRESENT. Why is this so threatening?
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health,
lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys
information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner



peacegirl
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1413
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users