Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:02 pm


Greatest I am
wrote:
At the end of Gen 3. It is not a long story.


Can you please quote it, as I am not really sure what you are referring to. Is it the KJV?
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Greatest I am » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:33 pm

"God's kingdom is not all around us, more so inside ourselves and in Christ."

Is where God is not his kingdom and is God not said to be Omni-present?

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Greatest I am » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:38 pm

A Shieldmaiden wrote:
Greatest I am
wrote:
At the end of Gen 3. It is not a long story.


Can you please quote it, as I am not really sure what you are referring to. Is it the KJV?


Seriously!!

If you are that inept and ill informed, you might want to stay away from me. I do not suffer incompetence and lack of thinking well. So reply carefully if you choose to do so.

That aside, here is the easy to find verse.

https://biblehub.com/genesis/3-22.htm

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Venture » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:04 pm

Omnipresence is not our perception of material reality.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
"
User avatar
Venture
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:12 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Greatest I am » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:42 pm

Venture wrote:Omnipresence is not our perception of material reality.


True, but it is something that some sages might see. I am not sure.

They say basically, "If you can't see God in all, you can't see God at all." -Anon

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Venture » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:38 am

Seeing and knowing are different, for the incorporeal especially. God is in all things because he is all things, all the time. But our perceptions are limited and come along with categorical inconsistencies and emotions. Our perception is inferior to God because we are not omnipresent.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
"
User avatar
Venture
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:12 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Greatest I am » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:15 am

Venture wrote:Seeing and knowing are different, for the incorporeal especially. God is in all things because he is all things, all the time. But our perceptions are limited and come along with categorical inconsistencies and emotions. Our perception is inferior to God because we are not omnipresent.


You assume that God is a supernatural omnipresent being on faith without facts so how in hell can I argue against your delusional thinking?

That aside, my quote says see, which is the corporeal and matter. We cannot see incorporeal or what is not of matter so what makes you believe there is such a state of being?

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:06 am

Greatest wrote:
Seriously!!

If you are that inept and ill informed, you might want to stay away from me. I do not suffer incompetence and lack of thinking well. So reply carefully if you choose to do so.

That aside, here is the easy to find verse.

https://biblehub.com/genesis/3-22.htm


Chuckle.... Socrates used the very same teaching method. Rather than merely giving his pupils the answer to a particular problem, he would ask them questions that forced them to analyze the situation and learn each subject more thoroughly.


It is not His plan that sinners shall live forever. This is demonstrated by the fact that after Adam's sin he was separated from the tree of life which perpetuated life.

"And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of Us, (here you have an inference of the trinity), to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken." Genesis 3:22, 23.

Though we were made in His image, we certainly do not possess the attributes of God. God is all powerful, He’s everywhere, and knows all things. Humans are neither omniscient, omnipresent, or omnipotent, God is self-existent and eternal, whereas man is not.
Last edited by A Shieldmaiden on Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:45 am

Greatest wrote:

You ignore that most sages,
including Jesus, had one line for the sheeple and another secret one for the apostles.


Where in the scriptures does it say the above?

Chapter and verse please.

This is not in line with the teaching of Scripture.


Revelation 22:18-19 A dire warning is given to anyone who adds to the prophecies in this book or takes away anything from them.
Last edited by A Shieldmaiden on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Venture » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:54 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Venture wrote:Seeing and knowing are different, for the incorporeal especially. God is in all things because he is all things, all the time. But our perceptions are limited and come along with categorical inconsistencies and emotions. Our perception is inferior to God because we are not omnipresent.


You assume that God is a supernatural omnipresent being on faith without facts so how in hell can I argue against your delusional thinking?

That aside, my quote says see, which is the corporeal and matter. We cannot see incorporeal or what is not of matter so what makes you believe there is such a state of being?

Regards
DL


You're starting to throw stones while living in a glass house.

Faith is a mode of thinking. How do you deal with randomness and disaster? How do you deal with the abyss of things we don't know?

You worry yourself over the corporeal. You've called yourself a Gnostic Christian but show little knowledge of Aeons and the hierarchies of the divine, while denying the incommunicable traits of the one true God who is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent.

We can see the laws of the incorporeal coming into the corporeal realm. We cannot know what we do not know about the incorporeal which affects the corporeal. We do not even know all that is corporeal, but some arrogant people like to think they do, especially in the scientific community and more radical religious denominations. I can have doubt for progress, but not about the Trinity and God. My delusion is not dogma, and without accepting some delusion in my current thinking, I cannot fix in the future what I may have been uneducated about in the past. You have no room for delusion in your world, the greatest form of delusion. You have summed up a system which causes you to reason and try to gain the high ground against others when everyone else sees through your lack of sound framework. No peace within yourself, an illusion of it.

Shieldmaden probably communicates it in more familiar terms for you.

We can know some communicable traits of God, (e.g. spiritual, invisible, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient) but most are recognized in rational and faithful way than an immediately empirical way. Only when we get to the moral attributes of God, (goodness, love, justice, wrath, jealousy, pity, holiness, and righteousness) do all of us start taking issue because we all have sin and death waiting, there is an inner battle between Satan and the Holy Spirit to reason away how God can have all of these attributes that can be conflicting to a human understanding, how science and reason can be used for good and evil. Gen.3:22 demonstrates the necessity of being cast out of the garden, the pure pregnant state which humans originated, because now that we had knowledge of good and evil (a sense of morality that bound us to sin and death), we would lust for eternal life out of either wanting to return to the original state absent of death, or a will Satan planted to pervert and destroy God's creation further. Ironically, the eternal life idea would be closer to binding ourselves to hell forever rather than transcending to an incorporeal bliss forever (as the eternal state wouldn't be blissful, but equally good and evil. You can keep looking for your philosopher's stone and fountain of youth if you choose though, after all, the mind can make a heaven of hell and a hell of heaven. Attempting to understand and be like God, to claim individual divinity above or equal to the most high, is the same thing Lucifer did, yet so many people think its all hokey pokey supernatural non-sense and can't take a hint.

God is not comprehensible because he is what we are not, and then more. You want 'facts' for the logically improvable and incomprehensible. You want a tidy system that has no room for delusion, curiosity, growth, change, and a bigger picture. Although the Christian Bible can be proved, for the most part, historically and morally, it is not falsifiable the same way I'm sure many atheists wish it was.

Given the contemporary plague of sPirITual nEw agE eSoterIC anti-Christians, you might make a better living being their mascot rather than arguing with me.

I assume you assume that I assume.

Circular reasoning can be self-defeating or self-attesting, self-destructive or foundational.

You say you live cup half full, I say your cup is cracked and tattered.

Have you learned what the Bible teaches? Have you learned what Jesus teaches? I have my doubts towards your logic, almost as much as towards my own, in which case I run out of time and respect for what you have to say when it boils down to insults and lack of effort on your side.

Let me digress, with an equally insulting polemic, you are a liar and an esoteric shill. I'm quite sure you skipped over Leviticus and most of John. If you are that inept and ill informed, you should stay away from educating any children and trying to influence the world until you have embraced a gentler approach to the rich plethora of worldviews all humans have something to contribute to.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
"
User avatar
Venture
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:12 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:20 am

Where did you come from Venture?

There are so few believers, you give me hope.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Greatest I am » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:07 pm

A Shieldmaiden wrote:Greatest wrote:
Seriously!!

If you are that inept and ill informed, you might want to stay away from me. I do not suffer incompetence and lack of thinking well. So reply carefully if you choose to do so.

That aside, here is the easy to find verse.

https://biblehub.com/genesis/3-22.htm


Chuckle.... Socrates used the very same teaching method. Rather than merely giving his pupils the answer to a particular problem, he would ask them questions that forced them to analyze the situation and learn each subject more thoroughly.


It is not His plan that sinners shall live forever. This is demonstrated by the fact that after Adam's sin he was separated from the tree of life which perpetuated life.

"And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of Us, (here you have an inference of the trinity), to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken." Genesis 3:22, 23.

Though we were made in His image, we certainly do not possess the attributes of God. God is all powerful, He’s everywhere, and knows all things. Humans are neither omniscient, omnipresent, or omnipotent, God is self-existent and eternal, whereas man is not.


You are a liar. Show how you can know anything of the supernatural.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWOqHHE4upY

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Greatest I am » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:11 pm

A Shieldmaiden wrote:Greatest wrote:

You ignore that most sages,
including Jesus, had one line for the sheeple and another secret one for the apostles.


Where in the scriptures does it say the above?

Chapter and verse please.
.


I fetched once and got your really stupid faith based reply.

Fetch for yourself or just take your supernaturalstupid thinking elsewhere. I do not suffer fools well.

As the link I put just above for you, you will see what the intelligentsia think of your foolish thinking.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Greatest I am » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:16 pm

Venture wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
Venture wrote:Seeing and knowing are different, for the incorporeal especially. God is in all things because he is all things, all the time. But our perceptions are limited and come along with categorical inconsistencies and emotions. Our perception is inferior to God because we are not omnipresent.


You assume that God is a supernatural omnipresent being on faith without facts so how in hell can I argue against your delusional thinking?

That aside, my quote says see, which is the corporeal and matter. We cannot see incorporeal or what is not of matter so what makes you believe there is such a state of being?

Regards
DL


You're starting to throw stones while living in a glass house.

Faith is a mode of thinking. How do you deal with randomness and disaster? How do you deal with the abyss of things we don't know?

You worry yourself over the corporeal. You've called yourself a Gnostic Christian but show little knowledge of Aeons and the hierarchies of the divine, while denying the incommunicable traits of the one true God who is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent.

We can see the laws of the incorporeal coming into the corporeal realm. We cannot know what we do not know about the incorporeal which affects the corporeal. We do not even know all that is corporeal, but some arrogant people like to think they do, especially in the scientific community and more radical religious denominations. I can have doubt for progress, but not about the Trinity and God. My delusion is not dogma, and without accepting some delusion in my current thinking, I cannot fix in the future what I may have been uneducated about in the past. You have no room for delusion in your world, the greatest form of delusion. You have summed up a system which causes you to reason and try to gain the high ground against others when everyone else sees through your lack of sound framework. No peace within yourself, an illusion of it.

Shieldmaden probably communicates it in more familiar terms for you.

We can know some communicable traits of God, (e.g. spiritual, invisible, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient) but most are recognized in rational and faithful way than an immediately empirical way. Only when we get to the moral attributes of God, (goodness, love, justice, wrath, jealousy, pity, holiness, and righteousness) do all of us start taking issue because we all have sin and death waiting, there is an inner battle between Satan and the Holy Spirit to reason away how God can have all of these attributes that can be conflicting to a human understanding, how science and reason can be used for good and evil. Gen.3:22 demonstrates the necessity of being cast out of the garden, the pure pregnant state which humans originated, because now that we had knowledge of good and evil (a sense of morality that bound us to sin and death), we would lust for eternal life out of either wanting to return to the original state absent of death, or a will Satan planted to pervert and destroy God's creation further. Ironically, the eternal life idea would be closer to binding ourselves to hell forever rather than transcending to an incorporeal bliss forever (as the eternal state wouldn't be blissful, but equally good and evil. You can keep looking for your philosopher's stone and fountain of youth if you choose though, after all, the mind can make a heaven of hell and a hell of heaven. Attempting to understand and be like God, to claim individual divinity above or equal to the most high, is the same thing Lucifer did, yet so many people think its all hokey pokey supernatural non-sense and can't take a hint.

God is not comprehensible because he is what we are not, and then more. You want 'facts' for the logically improvable and incomprehensible. You want a tidy system that has no room for delusion, curiosity, growth, change, and a bigger picture. Although the Christian Bible can be proved, for the most part, historically and morally, it is not falsifiable the same way I'm sure many atheists wish it was.

Given the contemporary plague of sPirITual nEw agE eSoterIC anti-Christians, you might make a better living being their mascot rather than arguing with me.

I assume you assume that I assume.

Circular reasoning can be self-defeating or self-attesting, self-destructive or foundational.

You say you live cup half full, I say your cup is cracked and tattered.

Have you learned what the Bible teaches? Have you learned what Jesus teaches? I have my doubts towards your logic, almost as much as towards my own, in which case I run out of time and respect for what you have to say when it boils down to insults and lack of effort on your side.

Let me digress, with an equally insulting polemic, you are a liar and an esoteric shill. I'm quite sure you skipped over Leviticus and most of John. If you are that inept and ill informed, you should stay away from educating any children and trying to influence the world until you have embraced a gentler approach to the rich plethora of worldviews all humans have something to contribute to.


Faith is a mode of not thinking and of not wanting to know the truth.

You started wrong and I stopped there as the rest is likely also all garbage given the idiocy I saw while scanning through.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Venture » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:39 pm

Faith is more a way to look at the unknown and immaculate, instead of always relying on probabilities.

I'm trying to think and know the truth, but your insistent dogma and lack of helpful questions ruins the whole experience.

You had one issue with the beginning and decided to frame the whole reply as garbage, unworthy of any intellectual discussion.

Your arrogance and repetition is almost unparalleled.

Ever find reliable sources or do you just post the same links every time somebody challenges your position?

I'm sure David Cross knows how to read the Septuagint and the Hebrew Bible, along with the countless historical studies relating the text to its context. Not to mention the deutorocanonical texts.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
"
User avatar
Venture
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:12 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby bahman » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:47 pm

Greatest I am wrote:Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

The Bible teaches one to start a spiritual journey from the
bottom, i.e. from a stage where he must consider himself as a born sinner and starts his journey upwards from there. One reaches the second stage when he realises that he is the son and God is his father. The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are one.

...

It is impossible that man and father become one unless you lose your sense of identity, self-awareness.
The sincerity in mind is the door to divine knowledge.
User avatar
bahman
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:23 pm

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:49 am

Greatest wrote:

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D


The most radical mythicists hold the "Jesus atheism" viewpoint, that is, there never was a historical Jesus, only a mythological character, while scholars differ on the historicity of specific episodes described in the Biblical accounts of Jesus, the baptism and the crucifixion are two events in the life of Jesus which are subject to "almost universal assent".

The Talmud, a collection of Jewish traditions from the third century tells the story of Christ's death:
On the eve of Passover, they hanged Yeshu of Nazareth, and the herald went before him for forty days, saying, "Yeshu of Nazareth is going forth to be stoned in that he hath practiced sorcery and beguiled and led astray Israel. Let everyone knowing aught in his defense come and plead for him." But they found naught in his defense and hanged him on the eve of Passover.

Roman historian Tacitus referred to "Christus" and his execution by Pontius Pilate in his Annals (written c. AD 116), book 15, chapter 44. The very negative tone of Tacitus' comments on Christians make most experts believe that the passage is extremely unlikely to have been forged by a Christian scribe.

Greatest wrote:

............As the link I put just above for you, you will see what the intelligentsia think of your foolish thinking.



In modern scholarship, the Christ myth theory is a fringe theory, which finds virtually no support from scholars, to the point of being irrelevant and almost completely ignored. The Christ myth theory has "again and again been answered and annihilated by first-rank scholars, the view that Jesus did not exist is "the view of extremists", "demonstrably false" and "professional scholars generally regard it as having been settled in serious scholarship long ago"


From your link you gave me an inkling of where you are coming from.....

KAREN ARMSTRONG: The Pope is the world's last, great, absolute monarch. He not only controls doctrinal and spiritual affairs, but also the political, social and economic fortunes of his church. And because he's believed to be directly guided by God, his decisions have the ring of absolute truth, which is strangely out of kilter with the democratic tenor of today's world.

The apostle Paul cited this type of pride as the Antichrist’s greatest crime:

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4).

It is also noteworthy that Christians throughout the ages were prepared to suffer persecution and even death and the entire human history has been divided into a pre- and post-Christ era
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Venture » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:20 am

Shieldmaden, I come from the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.

I 'd like to mention that Pliny also has a few words regarding Christians.

Thank you for giving me your hope, because I'm going to restore it for a lot of people.

Unfortunately, I'm having serious doubts Greatest will take anything you've said seriously.

The Catholic Church is the physical aberration of Christianity, bordering on the synagogue of Satan (along with these modern cults running rampant).

Secret vatican library of 'knowledge', child rape, additional sacraments and scriptures, difficulty separating politics from religion, influence from paganism, Gnosticism, and neoplatonism. Many saints and scribes have deemed it Satanic in the past. The Catholic Church was not the Holy nor Orthodox Church the apostles and Jesus intended.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
"
User avatar
Venture
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:12 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Greatest I am » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:58 pm

Venture wrote:Faith is more a way to look at the unknown and immaculate, instead of always relying on probabilities.

I'm trying to think and know the truth, but your insistent dogma and lack of helpful questions ruins the whole experience.

You had one issue with the beginning and decided to frame the whole reply as garbage, unworthy of any intellectual discussion.

Your arrogance and repetition is almost unparalleled.

Ever find reliable sources or do you just post the same links every time somebody challenges your position?

I'm sure David Cross knows how to read the Septuagint and the Hebrew Bible, along with the countless historical studies relating the text to its context. Not to mention the deutorocanonical texts.


You seek the truth you say.

Here is the way to find it.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Greatest I am » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:05 am

bahman wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

The Bible teaches one to start a spiritual journey from the
bottom, i.e. from a stage where he must consider himself as a born sinner and starts his journey upwards from there. One reaches the second stage when he realises that he is the son and God is his father. The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are one.

...

It is impossible that man and father become one unless you lose your sense of identity, self-awareness.


I agree.

That is why when Jesus ascended, that happened in his own mind and not in any physical or miraculous way, he took the judgment seat which basically retires God and is Jesus taking full command.

If you do not like thinking in those esoteric allegorical way, think in terms of you finding what Yung and Freud dubbed the Father Complex, --- which is basically you finding the roots of your instincts, and in a sense, since they are given to you genetically by your parents, you become the Father or Mother you find within you.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:15 am

A Shieldmaiden wrote:
Greatest wrote:

You ignore that most sages,
including Jesus, had one line for the sheeple and another secret one for the apostles.



Where in the scriptures does it say the above?

Chapter and verse please.
.


Have you learned what Jesus and your bible teaches? I am responding to this question you wrote.

Humour me, show me where in the scriptures including Jesus, "had one line for the sheeple and another secret one for the apostles".

Whenever someone tells you the Bible say this or that and you are not familiar with the verse, the simplest solution is ask to be shown where it is.

So in my ignorance I am asking you to show me. Simple. I don't profess to know the Scriptures that well and I am curious and eager to learn more.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2029
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Venture » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:20 am

I've read some of Joseph Campbell's work and I admire the man.

Alan Watts is a figurehead for the spiritual leftists. He has some wise things to say, but he rambles most times.

Matthew verse you quoted is referring to the inner life of an individual, the health of that third eye releasing dmt, connecting ourselves to another realm. I have grieved and humbled from my own sin, I know my worst sin, I have repented, you have not. Do you really know the big picture? Our brains have doubled in less than 2 million years yet most people think the American revolution was a "long" time ago. Is this century the last? Don't make me laugh. Do you have secret knowledge to an eternal life? Reach further my friend, the conversation might risk becoming interesting for the idle viewers, looking at our blunders with confusion or laughter. The John verse is valuable, but just a fragment of the whole which composes the true teachings. You can keep the word until the book and words become sanctified to idolatry. Application and sharing is difficult for the isolated. The Romans verse only scratches the surface on the idea of predestination. We cannot know what God knows and has chosen, so stop pretending you can.

Its difficult to agree with your worldview when the ignorant cannot enter it. Any intellectual elitism will eventually defeat itself.

If I am to abandon any risk of interpreting myths literally, is there an addition to applying it to my life? An addition where I apply it to psychological or moral phenomenon or some artistic interpretation that is always changing?

You can try your best attaining the moral high ground, but you are man not God.

So many people on this site try to show their depth of knowledge and wisdom, but I find it moot. Who is going to know what we talk about?
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
"
User avatar
Venture
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:12 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby felix dakat » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:56 pm

A Shieldmaiden wrote:
A Shieldmaiden wrote:
Greatest wrote:

You ignore that most sages,
including Jesus, had one line for the sheeple and another secret one for the apostles.



Where in the scriptures does it say the above?

Chapter and verse please.
.


Have you learned what Jesus and your bible teaches? I am responding to this question you wrote.

Humour me, show me where in the scriptures including Jesus, "had one line for the sheeple and another secret one for the apostles".

Whenever someone tells you the Bible say this or that and you are not familiar with the verse, the simplest solution is ask to be shown where it is.

So in my ignorance I am asking you to show me. Simple. I don't profess to know the Scriptures that well and I am curious and eager to learn more.


Here's one example:

Mark 4:10-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

But when He [i.e.Jesus] was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, so that

‘Seeing they may see and not perceive,
And hearing they may hear and not understand;
Lest they should turn,
And their sins be forgiven them.’ ”

User avatar
felix dakat
Janitor
 
Posts: 8229
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:20 am
Location: east of eden

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:30 pm

felix dakat wrote:
A Shieldmaiden wrote:
A Shieldmaiden wrote:
Greatest wrote:

You ignore that most sages,
including Jesus, had one line for the sheeple and another secret one for the apostles.



Where in the scriptures does it say the above?

Chapter and verse please.
.


Have you learned what Jesus and your bible teaches? I am responding to this question you wrote.

Humour me, show me where in the scriptures including Jesus, "had one line for the sheeple and another secret one for the apostles".

Whenever someone tells you the Bible say this or that and you are not familiar with the verse, the simplest solution is ask to be shown where it is.

So in my ignorance I am asking you to show me. Simple. I don't profess to know the Scriptures that well and I am curious and eager to learn more.


Here's one example:

Mark 4:10-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

But when He [i.e.Jesus] was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, so that

‘Seeing they may see and not perceive,
And hearing they may hear and not understand;
Lest they should turn,
And their sins be forgiven them.’ ”
Of course this is coming from the NT. The NT includes miracles performed by Jesus, that is that he had supernatural powers. So the same document that indicates that his parables mean one thing to some people and another to his closest followers, indicates that he literally performed miracles.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Postby Greatest I am » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:02 pm

A Shieldmaiden wrote:
A Shieldmaiden wrote:
Greatest wrote:

You ignore that most sages,
including Jesus, had one line for the sheeple and another secret one for the apostles.



Where in the scriptures does it say the above?

Chapter and verse please.
.


Have you learned what Jesus and your bible teaches? I am responding to this question you wrote.

Humour me, show me where in the scriptures including Jesus, "had one line for the sheeple and another secret one for the apostles".

Whenever someone tells you the Bible say this or that and you are not familiar with the verse, the simplest solution is ask to be shown where it is.

So in my ignorance I am asking you to show me. Simple. I don't profess to know the Scriptures that well and I am curious and eager to learn more.


"When he was alone, those who were around him along with the twelve asked him about the parables. And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside, everything comes in parables; in order that they may indeed look, but not perceive, and may indeed listen, but not understand; so that they may not turn again and be forgiven."

https://www.christianbiblereference.org/jparable.htm

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1869
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users