Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:27 am

If you blaspheme, you are sent to hell forever no matter what you say or do.

However, there is no literature or intuition that states that you will be in heaven no matter what you say or do.

From this, over the course of infinite time, we can conclude that every being born will eventually go to hell forever.

This puts lots of pressure on us to create reality differently, we must, and we will.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:18 am

Ecmandu wrote:If you blaspheme, you are sent to hell forever no matter what you say or do.

However, there is no literature or intuition that states that you will be in heaven no matter what you say or do.

From this, over the course of infinite time, we can conclude that every being born will eventually go to hell forever.

This puts lots of pressure on us to create reality differently, we must, and we will.


Oh, and think about how trivial this is....

There are probably a billion people in the world who genuinely believe that gays will burn in hell for ever!!!

For what sin exactly??

If they were logical about how blasphemy is defined, "the unforgivable sin", they'd realize the the odds of committing it once over infinite time is 100%.

Maybe instead of hating gays, they should ponder that!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:29 am

Ecmandu wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:If you blaspheme, you are sent to hell forever no matter what you say or do.

However, there is no literature or intuition that states that you will be in heaven no matter what you say or do.

From this, over the course of infinite time, we can conclude that every being born will eventually go to hell forever.

This puts lots of pressure on us to create reality differently, we must, and we will.


Oh, and think about how trivial this is....

There are probably a billion people in the world who genuinely believe that gays will burn in hell for ever!!!

For what sin exactly??

If they were logical about how blasphemy is defined, "the unforgivable sin", they'd realize the the odds of committing it once over infinite time is 100%.

Maybe instead of hating gays, they should ponder that!


The Bible clearly states that the love of money is the root of all evil.

This is demonstrably false.

The love of zero sum, consent violating realities is the root of ALL evil.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:10 am

Ecmandu wrote:The love of zero sum, consent violating realities is the root of ALL evil.

..a recurring theme, in your recurring dreams, of nightmares.

Let's start with food.. a necessity: what's your idea of food heaven? and what's your idea of food hell?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17628
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:23 am

MagsJ wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:The love of zero sum, consent violating realities is the root of ALL evil.

..a recurring theme, in your recurring dreams, of nightmares.

Let's start with food.. a necessity: what's your idea of food heaven? and what's your idea of food hell?


From lived experience.

You don't want to know!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:29 am

Ecmandu wrote:
MagsJ wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:The love of zero sum, consent violating realities is the root of ALL evil.

..a recurring theme, in your recurring dreams, of nightmares.

Let's start with food.. a necessity: what's your idea of food heaven? and what's your idea of food hell?


From lived experience.

You don't want to know!


Let me put itthis way. I eat haphazardly with others. When you eat with someone, you absorb their karma.

Jews are specialists at not doing this.

They only live half a life, a cowardly life.

Eat away, I'll be there for you.

Food dharmas are very ornate in sects of dharma.

I eat sinners.

This is a very old tradition. Jews don't.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:31 am

Ecmandu wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Let's start with food.. a necessity: what's your idea of food heaven? and what's your idea of food hell?

From lived experience.

You don't want to know!

..just a food item in each category.. asaparagus, mushrooms, Parma ham, tripe? There is a method to this madness.. play along.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17628
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:35 am

MagsJ wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Let's start with food.. a necessity: what's your idea of food heaven? and what's your idea of food hell?


From lived experience.

You don't want to know!

..just a food item in each category.. asaparagus, mushrooms, Parma ham, tripe? There is a method to this madness.. play along.


I explained it more in my last post.

I'm not playing games here.

In the spirit world, there's what's called "eating someone"... this is about taking on their karma.

Jesus knew the same thing that I know.

Like Jesus before, I have eaten Satan, the devil.

This is very esoteric for someone like you!
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:47 am

Ecmandu wrote:In the spirit world, there's what's called "eating someone"... this is about taking on their karma.

This is very esoteric for someone like you!

Yeah, sure it is buddy..

Don't play at all.. live the most miserable life you can possibly live, and then one day.. like all old people do, you'd wish you had played more.. play = progress, mope = stagnation.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17628
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:51 am

MagsJ wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:In the spirit world, there's what's called "eating someone"... this is about taking on their karma.

This is very esoteric for someone like you!

Yeah, sure it is buddy..

Don't play at all.. live the most miserable life you can possibly live, and then one day.. like all old people do, you'd wish you had played more.. play = progress, mope = stagnation.


I could fill a stadium full of microfiche about all the things you don't know about this. Doesn't change these truths whatsoever.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:55 am

Back in ancient times, even up to the Middle Ages, there were groups of people called "sin eaters" who work out the karma of the deceased ... very hard job by the way. Even though it is not pop culture, people still practice it to this day
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:59 am

Ecmandu wrote:I could fill a stadium full of microfiche about all the things you don't know about this. Doesn't change these truths whatsoever.

Sorry, which truths? mine or yours.. I guess that's dependent on who's claimed truths are indeed actually true.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17628
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:04 am

Ecmandu wrote:Back in ancient times, even up to the Middle Ages, there were groups of people called "sin eaters" who work out the karma of the deceased ... very hard job by the way. Even though it is not pop culture, people still practice it to this day

I'm not meant to be around the dead.. in graveyards.. come dusk.
[-o<

I know of absorbing others' energies.. deceased or otherwise. Very disturbing and unpleasant experience, that is.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17628
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:05 am

MagsJ wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I could fill a stadium full of microfiche about all the things you don't know about this. Doesn't change these truths whatsoever.

Sorry, which truths? mine or yours.. I guess that's dependent on who's claimed truths are indeed actually true.


If you don't believe me...

Look it up?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin-eater


Does it occur to you that there are super spirits?

Old, more compassionate and wiser than you?
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:13 am

Ecmandu wrote:
MagsJ wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I could fill a stadium full of microfiche about all the things you don't know about this. Doesn't change these truths whatsoever.

Sorry, which truths? mine or yours.. I guess that's dependent on who's claimed truths are indeed actually true.


If you don't believe me...

Look it up?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin-eater

Does it occur to you that there are super spirits?

Old, more compassionate and wiser than you?

It was in reply to this:
"I could fill a stadium full of microfiche about all the things you don't know about this. Doesn't change these truths whatsoever." not that.. you hadn't even said that yet.

Why are you telling me about myself, on matters I never argued against?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17628
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:16 am

My point is that you have a spirit that doesn't actually understand spirit.'

You've lived an extremely sheltered life, and sin eaters in human or the spirit world are picking up the slack for you as a babbling infant.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7442
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:48 am

Ecmandu wrote:My point is that you have a spirit that doesn't actually understand spirit.'

You've lived an extremely sheltered life, and sin eaters in human or the spirit world are picking up the slack for you as a babbling infant.

So nobody understands spirit but you? Or is your point that only I don't? You presume a lot without having asked anything..

A sheltered life does not mean an unworldly one, but I do like to channel my inner child, yes.. my babbling infant, no! Sin eaters are not my concern.. why are you making them so?
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17628
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:00 am

MagsJ wrote:Sin eaters are not my concern.. why are you making them so?

Ah.. because of this:
"A sin-eater is a person who consumes a ritual meal in order to magically take on the sins of a person or household. The food was believed to absorb the sins of a recently deceased person, thus absolving the soul of the person. Sin-eaters, as a consequence, carried the sins of all people whose sins they had eaten. Cultural anthropologists and folklorists classify sin-eating as a form of apotropaic ritual and religious magic."

Is this why all talk of a favourite meal was off the agenda? I would say that the modern form of this is 'Nine Night' and other such decease-visiting gatherings, but the sins are shared by the many not the few, as they are large gatherings of family and friends, full of wine discourse and song.. celebrating the deceased's virtues and discussing their sins. :-$
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17628
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:08 am

Jesus wasn't real and the bible was written for political purposes.

Like right now it might say, "the king james bible". In 1000 years, it might say, "the donald trump bible".

You shouldn't live your life based off those kinds of things.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25519
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby surreptitious75 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:50 am

Ecmandu wrote:
If you blaspheme you are sent to hell forever no matter what you say or do

However there is no literature or intuition that states that you will be in heaven no matter what you say or do

There is no evidence these states or the entities that are blasphemed against exist beyond human imagination
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Thinker
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby Meno_ » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:53 pm

The Books of
the Dead do reflect some cross images, and this manyform expression give credence of underlying archetype.

The only major diversion that is not in time here is an Eternal damnation.
Even the concept of eternity throws an unfocused and destabilizing melange into it. I would substitute timelessness for eternity, for eternity suggests an absolute measure, and they are at odds.
Meno_
Philosopher
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Let's consider blasphemy compared to eternal heaven

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:30 am

Ecmandu wrote:

If you blaspheme, you are sent to hell forever no matter what you say or do.

However, there is no literature or intuition that states that you will be in heaven no matter what you say or do.

From this, over the course of infinite time, we can conclude that every being born will eventually go to hell forever.

This puts lots of pressure on us to create reality differently, we must, and we will.



No one will be lost because they sinned, because everyone has sinned. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.

John described how the wicked would be cast into the lake of fire. "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away." Revelation 20:15; 21:1. and that lake of fire is right here on planet earth according to Revelation 20:9.

What is grossly misunderstood and taught even by some religions is that the unrepentant sinner will burn continuously. The fact is that eternal fire does not mean a fire that will never go out. The same expression is used in Jude 7 concerning the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrha. "Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

It is quite obvious that Sodom is not still burning today. The Dead Sea rolls over the place where those ancient cities once stood. Yet they burned with "eternal fire. "......... "And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly." 2 Peter 2:6.

After it has accomplished its work of destruction, that fire will go out. No one can deliver themselves from its flame by putting it out, but finally not a coal will be left. So say the Scriptures.

One of the most theologically confused subjects in the Scriptures is that of hell.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1983
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am


Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]

cron