Relationships between Schizophrenia and the God

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Moderator: MagsJ

Relationships between Schizophrenia and the God

Postby kk23wong » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:01 am

I have suffered from schizophrenia for a decade. My major symptom was ear hallucinations. The mysterious voice come directly into my head and I suspected it was actually the manipulation from the God. In another word, the God abuses her power (or ability) to communicate with us. In fact, it happened a lot in the history of humankind. For instance, the writing of bibles.

I am sorry if my writing is a little bit hard for you guys to read. English was not my mother tongue. And I am open to discussions.

I hope it is not defined as insane to talk about the presence of the God in 21 century. It definitely need courage to speak out as a patient of schizophrenia, but I do think I have to speak out. Psychology nowadays has taken over philosophy in the explanations of mental illnesses. However, it does not necessarily mean hey are correct.

The God abuses her ability to communicate with us to change our destinies. I think it is the truth behind all myths.

It was not strange that the God can speak to a large number of people at the same time, as well as in different places. Our computer could now process a lot of data at the same time too. Please be open-minded to this question.

At the very beginning, I thought I found that the physical presence of the God is the Earth because I can only hear her voices. And I figured out this was wrong. There are people who saw images as well. I finally convinced that I was wrong. Please tell me if the God exists and revealed herself as the mysterious voices and images some of us come across with.

Thank you so much.
kk23wong

Re: Relationships between Schizophrenia and the God

Postby barbarianhorde » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:51 pm

What does the God want though, is it the will to power from another dimension making us flat?
I think.... maybe when we walked up straight from the apes, we received the stars.
Our brain became filled with strengths our bodies didn't have so we became naked.
We had to hide.
Make clothes, and go to the stars.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:06 pm

kk23wong,

Maybe the physical presence of God is being touched by pure energy around you and in you simultaneously, as you receive audio and visual information? Feeling like a warm blanket protecting you externally and reassuring you internally as you process God's ideas which can be curiosities and amazing. Well, that used to happen before I began taking big pharma meds regularly. I don't take medications to stop the best of God, only the worst of my illness which befuddles life at times.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Gloominary » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:18 am

The 'schizophrenic's' experience is private, unverifiable by others, not necessarily hallucinatory.
I've talked to many schizophrenics.
Some say their voices are God(s), some say they're angels, demons, metaphysical beings, spirits of the dead, telepaths, extraterrestrials and/or animals.
An ex of mine believed an angel was appointed to guard, counsel and be her companion.
This angel was formerly an Englishman who died in the 16th century in North America.
She told me he always told her good, and helpful things, never bad, or harmful.
But other than occasionally hearing this angels voice, she was fairly normal, and capable of functioning in daily life without medication.
Regardless if there's any literal truth behind such experiences, mainstream psychology and media tend to focus on the dark side of people with unusual perceptions, but some peoples voices are positive, they don't hinder their capacity to function in daily life, for some, they may even help them.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:41 am

I believe for a schizophrenic the best thing to read is Aldous Huxleys the Doors of Perception, and in particular focus on the idea that the mind is a filter for the infinite. This is if not reality then at least a grounding metaphor for the state of the schizoid. It induces a lucid calm and the ability to scope the field of experience without the absolute pain of the cognitive contradiction of the irreconcilable perspectives as being that ground, because against the backdrop of the infinite, contradiction is not absolute under any circumstance.

The schizo suffers the absolute within the finite, which is terror. Schizos often have good intellectual tastes and thus seldom fall for straightforward religions. So they seek the resolution on their own path, which rarely is without grave misfortunes, and not often resolved in the discovery of the true infinite. But this grail is real, the schizo is its knight, all is errand, thats just the way it is. Praise John the Baptist and Helen of Troy, the furor of the west can not be redeemed in anything besides the reconstruction of the myth in countless star-jinxed fuckers.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Before the Light - Tree of Life Academy - Thought of a Rune (film by Pezer)
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:59 pm

barbarianhorde

Make clothes, and go to the stars.

Something about this line just does not fit for me. lol
Would it not be more awesome to fly free and naked among the stars?
Would the stars require that we dress for such an awesome gala?

God does not require that we wear clothes - absolutely not. After all, we are made of star stuff so how could we not blend in.
So let us fly free and naked among them.

But let us dress down below here on Earth in particular moments. Just in case....
“How can a bird that is born for joy
Sit in a cage and sing?”
― William Blake

“Little Fly
Thy summers play,
My thoughtless hand
Has brush'd away.

Am not I
A fly like thee?
Or art not thou
A man like me?

For I dance