British social class, test

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: British social class, test

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:05 pm

Or like Patton said:

I know I'm a primadonna. I admit it. What kills me about Montgomery is that he won't.
"I am not fazed by myself. I have dragged myself through too much of myself to be fazed. Others are disturbed by the slightes articulation of themselves. But they are unfazed by the machine."
Pedro I Rengel

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:55 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:I recently had an interesting thought on this:

Formal education is the institutional body of modern religion, each completed stage a sacrament. So Kinder Garden is like baptism, elementary school is like the first communion, high school is like the confirmation, college/undergrad university is being ordained as a priest, one enters the priestly class that herds the flock, graduate studies are for higher priest occupations like cardinal or bishop, post grad and doctoral studies are like becoming a monk or entering the very highest rung of priesthood where doctrine is decided upon.

That makes sense.
When God was still alive education actually had content.
After Communism education has been mostly neutralisation.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Before the Light - Tree of Life Academy - Thought of a Rune (film by Pezer)
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Or like Patton said:

I know I'm a primadonna. I admit it. What kills me about Montgomery is that he won't.

Yes. I am the most arrogant man alive, it comes with the job of prescribing law for the whole of mankind.
I dont do this out of modesty.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:03 pm

I got upper class.

Sharp test.

For you who want to move up the standard: black tea with sugar, full English breakfast. No fancy brunches, tradition. Bacon and sausage.

Brilliantly, I took the test over a plate of English breakfast and a black tea with sugar.

Beyond that, of course the Alps and the German Shepherd.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby MagsJ » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:18 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Is there such a thing as just knowledge? Or is it always biased? The diploma is proof that you are capable of at least imitating the bias. That's why it's religious.

I'm not against bias. I'm against bias that pretends not to exist.

What isn't ever bias?

If we all stopped to think about bias, we'd become a planet of non-achievers, and there'd be zero progress.. or very little, but then this begs the question.. to what extent should bias be utilised, without being at the expense of others, so as not to cause war enslavement etc. etc. etc?
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:00 pm

When you are ready to respond to the below, I am all ears..
MagsJ wrote:I think the North/South divide has replaced the class system, which seems to be much more palatable for today's modern British climate, but which comes with its own set of arguments.. especially in Politics and Manufacturing, for example: talk of moving Parliament permanently up North.
surreptitious75 wrote:I think Mags is a sophisticated individual with excellent standards who wants to better herself even more
Her questionnaire was very accurate and I wish her all the best in climbing the social ladder even higher
:lol:

I am not looking for and neither did I ask for, anyone's approval or commentary on me, but to discuss the issue in a broader view as I have done so above. ^^^

No-one likes being stifled and their shine dulled.. which people cannot help but do, so putting one's mindset out of the hive mind will allow it not to happen, whether that be classified as the class system or not.

MagsJ wrote:I think I simply find the whole thing fascinating.. an outsider looking in, but yet involuntarily participating by nomination and curiosity and default. The polemic posturing of Thanethots et al is based on nothing but their desire to ridicule, rather than delve deeper into the topic.
Wikipedia:
The social structure of the United Kingdom has historically been highly influenced by the concept of social class, with the concept still affecting British society today.[1][2]

The biggest current study of social class in the United Kingdom is the Great British Class Survey.[9]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_ ... ed_Kingdom
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Meno_ » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:29 pm

MagsJ wrote:
For some reason, us Brits are all kind of obsessed with class.
There are a lot of things that can signify class, such as how we speak and how we eat, but can we guess your social class from just eight random questions?

Take our quiz to find out – and let us know if we get it right (or horribly wrong)!

I got:
Upper-middle class

You're upper-middle class! You probably had a good education before going off and studying at university, quite possibly enjoying city life in London or Manchester. You're partial to some avocado toast and a bit of smoked salmon, and while you wouldn't call yourself posh, you do enjoy some of the finer things in life.

This is actually spot on.. but I'd like more money to go with that social status, please.

You don't have to be British to take the test, so see if you're rating is as accurate as mine?

Class is all about honesty and transparency at once, to one"s self and to others.

The person who can de temporalize a change of class by facade is in bad faith, but simultaneously can gain the keys to salvation. That process can take a very long time, albeit can be achieved during one lifetime, if belief in reincarnation is sustained.

It is fear, of the outward look imposed from outside, that cracks the mirror of self apprehension , and not some dread emulating from the inside. That is what invariably sets the stage for a fall, whether it be of one's derivation to a personal dramatic myth of it, or the discovered irony of it on the grand scale of theatre. The cave of the earliest being holds its grip to this shadow world, because transformations only wirk nowadays by quick costume change. To be truly real, fear will dissipate with time with letting go of all props, and letting the conflicting classes brand the middle way as opportunistic.

And that confirms the true way to deliverance. This, the highest learning, has to occur inside out.
Meno_
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:50 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:I got upper class.

Sharp test.

For you who want to move up the standard: black tea with sugar, full English breakfast. No fancy brunches, tradition. Bacon and sausage.

Brilliantly, I took the test over a plate of English breakfast and a black tea with sugar.

Whatever happened to the days when tea with milk was de rigeur..? I miss a tea with milk, but when needs must.

There are different algorithms, that generate the same result, so the result generated is not really dependent on any one specific answer.

Btw Fixed.. apparently Labour have been hijacked by the posh/Upper class set, here, but have Labour really ever been run by the working class?
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:30 am

MagsJ wrote:
Fixed Cross wrote:I got upper class.

Sharp test.

Whatever happened to the days when tea with milk was de rigeur..? I miss a tea with milk, but when needs must.

I don't know what changed. It changed in me, too. I used to have it with milk.

There are different algorithms, that generate the same result, so the result generated is not really dependent on any one specific answer.

Thats even more satisfying then.

Btw Fixed.. apparently Labour have been hijacked by the posh/Upper class set, here, but have Labour really ever been run by the working class?

I pride myself on understanding virtually every intellectual or deep-psychological issue people come to me with, but I wouldn't go so far as pretending to understand English politics.
Just as little as I would pretend to know who is hiding in a broom closet near the Kremlin wall at this point.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Gloominary » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:46 pm

I got upper middle class, even tho I'm working class.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:04 am

Fixed Cross wrote:I pride myself on understanding virtually every intellectual or deep-psychological issue people come to me with, but I wouldn't go so far as pretending to understand English politics.

Hahaha! it's reflective of the people here.. literally, which is the thing that is spoiling being in British politics for me, having to dodge the historically-entrenched left v right battlefield.

Just as little as I would pretend to know who is hiding in a broom closet near the Kremlin wall at this point.

Right now.. no-one.
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:19 am

MagsJ wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I chose Sainsburys as the shop.

I am precise with language when I speak, Moreso than an average person. I do this for spiritual protection though

Sainsburys has a pricey celebrity-endorsed range, so probably why it's still on the Upper's radar.. as does Tesco, but Lidl and Aldi are definitely at the lower end of the spectrum, but such shops are now in vogue for frugality's sake. Morrisons and Asda are mid-range, and are mainly only found in superstore areas.

I have heard you speak.. in your videos, but how does speaking in a measured way aid with spiritual protection? or do you simply mean in a social-buffering sense?

Part of our being is spirit, not the other way around.
We all judge and condemn each other in higher dimensions. If you are not sympathetic ... you will be sent to hell.

I'm like the guy who learned to shoot free throws with knives being thrown at me all day long, to get my posture perfect. Hell tempered me in this way.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby barbarianhorde » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:47 pm

Ecmandu wrote:We all judge and condemn each other in higher dimensions. If you are not sympathetic ... you will be sent to hell.

I'm like the guy who learned to shoot free throws with knives being thrown at me all day long, to get my posture perfect. Hell tempered me in this way.

We met off BU550 remember, the interjunction craft, lunchroom, near the waterfountain? Im all these other people at the same time sillo. We made a bet remembero.
Doyng. Im glad we put the putty in the lockbox back at Bran, do you even remember the code? Sheesh. :x

Friskin premnemonic key or some barbarian contract seems now the best bet ... for a next bet.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby barbarianhorde » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Delta class

You're Delta class! You probably had a good education before going off and experimenting at the colonies, quite possibly enjoying city life in London or Manchester. You're partial to some cranial shrimp toast and a bit of oily Eustachius tubes, and while you wouldn't call yourself cruel, you do enjoy some of the finer things in life.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:19 pm

barbarianhorde wrote:
Delta class

You're Delta class! You probably had a good education before going off and experimenting at the colonies, quite possibly enjoying city life in London or Manchester. You're partial to some cranial shrimp toast and a bit of oily Eustachius tubes, and while you wouldn't call yourself cruel, you do enjoy some of the finer things in life.

:lol:

Now that's more representative of the 'modern(s)' (class)..

The rise of the moderns..
MagsJ
The Londonist

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics