There's no such thing as Transexuals

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:40 am

Liberal liars due tend to get riled up easily.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:42 am

Is that why you're so riled up?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25413
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:51 am

Carleas wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Yes, I am [being asked or expected to give any thought to their genitals] as that is what gender entails

You have a weird way of interacting socially, and I would kindly ask you to stop thinking about my genitals.

Seriously though, it does seem very strange to think that you have to picture the genitals of whoever you're interacting with in order to have a sufficient mental model of them for basic social interactions. Most social interactions don't involve genitals, couldn't possibly involve genitals, wouldn't be the slightest bit different if the genitals involved were different. One knows so little about the genitals of the people one interacts with, even if you do hold an image of their genitals in mind to help make sense of the interaction, you are almost certainly mistaken on a regular basis (e.g. hermaphrodites, accident victims, passing transsexuals, etc., not to mention the numerous small ways in which a person's genitals can differ from the norm), and the image in your mind is just a useful fiction.

WendyDarling wrote:If they are a liberal, in other words, a liar...

So, you will accept scientific findings that conflict with your beliefs when they are not the findings of a liberal, and you can tell whether or not they are the findings of a liberal based on whether or not the findings confirm your beliefs... This is not an effective method for aligning one's beliefs with objective reality.

How many times do I have to repeat that it is their agenda that rejects objective reality, so their works would follow that agenda. It's not difficult to identify a liberal just as it's not difficult to identify a conservative. Liberals want to hijack names and ideas and reinvent them to mean something different, thus lying about the nature of reality as it has been for a coon's age, maybe longer. The definition of insanity is trying to reason with a liberal. Bye.
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:13 am

You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25413
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:16 am

coon's age. proof of trolling. run along now.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25413
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:38 am

I also don't think I could grow old with a woman who refused to get fake tits at some point.


For Mr R

https://youtu.be/UQjKGJZu4mg
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1972
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:39 am

A Shieldmaiden wrote:
I also don't think I could grow old with a woman who refused to get fake tits at some point.


For Mr R

https://youtu.be/UQjKGJZu4mg


I'd be willing to have a ball lift if it made that special lady happy.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25413
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:03 am

Unfortunately, once you start you can't stop......... :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/ViBdy1y-Gkk
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1972
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Thanathots » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:08 pm

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
User avatar
Thanathots
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Carleas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:32 pm

WendyDarling wrote:How many times do I have to repeat that it is their agenda that rejects objective reality...

Repetition isn't an argument. Where your position is that you will reject the evidence provided by anyone who believes X, you are closing yourself off to compelling evidence that X is true (since we should expect anyone with compelling evidence that X is true to also believe X). That is a rejection of any objective measure of reality.

It wasn't a lie to call nephrite and jadeite, "jade", and it wasn't a lie to determine that they are in fact two different substances. So too was it not a lie to treat social and physiological sex as the same, and it's not a lie to point out that they aren't. Words meanings reflect the world, and as we gain a better understanding of the world, we need to change our language to suit. There is an important sense in which a man who sincerely feels like a woman trapped in a man's body is a woman. Your objection so far has been to point out that there are important senses in which that man is not a woman, and I've acknowledged that (e.g., we don't need to give her birth control to prevent pregnancy). But those claims aren't in conflict.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 5659
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:03 pm

This thread is full of bad arguments.

The Modern world is defined by delusions. Pretend to be something, and you are that something. That's the bottom-line. Is it true, realistic, accurate, objective? No, it's subjective. It's "I say so". It is not factual. It is not scientific. It is pseudo-intellectual. A guy pretends to be a woman, Careleass says it is a woman. We all disagree. But the liberals are caught in a cross-road between participating in delusions, and common sense.

The more absurd they become, the less they are taken seriously, and will continue to lose political power.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Western Civilization is approaching a crossroad.

How far is the liberal-left willing to go, to not tread on "MUH FREEDOMS"? At what point, does common sense step-in and say, "No, you have/had a pair of hairy balls. You have/had a dong hanging down from your crotch. Therefore you will always be male no matter how much you pretend to be female?" Never? Well, the distinction matters.

It's a problem of all-inclusivity. The liberal-left want to include everybody, the homosexuals, the queers, the fags, the transexuals, all races, illegal immigrants, murderers, basically "all those oppressed by the white male patriarchy". The liberal-left dooms itself by this goal, this ideal, this "value". The liberal-left claim to care for the poor and homeless, but do they? No, not when push comes to shove. Not when reality appears. Not when the liberal-left must actually pay (their own) money. The liberal-left is content to raise taxes on the conservative-right (those who work the most, and hardest). But the liberal-left don't want their own pocket books going to what they claim to care about.

It's a lot of lying, contradictions, and sensationalism.


Most of it is virtue-signaling. The liberal-left are driven, compelled by, feelings of Guilt. So the liberal-left want to appease to those they feel guilty with and by. So the liberal-left panders to all "the oppressed", without understanding the very nature of oppression. In reality, the liberal-left are the ones most responsible for continuing "the oppression".

Personally, I don't think the Liberal-Left is inclusive at all. It's actually the exact-opposite. Conservatives are more 'tolerant' of others, than Liberals. Instead Liberals only claim to be inclusive, until the 'merge' occurs. Then the truth comes out. Liberals are Elitists in waiting. They promote "One-Humanity", living behind gated communities, or high up in skyscrapers, away from the riff-raff.

"One-Humanity" (with walls everywhere)
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Gloominary » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:44 pm

To reiterate, if you're a man, to refer to and think of yourself as a woman, is not similar to referring to and thinking of yourself as a Liam, Willian or Benjamin, that's a poor analogy, because names like Liam, Willian or Benjamin are arbitrary, nondescript.

What it's really similar to, is referring to and thinking of yourself as an extrovert, when you're an introvert, or an empath, when you're a sociopath, or as having Asperger's or Down's, when you don't have Asperger's or Down's, or as a doctor, lawyer, child or African American, when you're none of these things.

Not only are you not actually one of these things, try as you may, you will never be able to behave like them, because behaving like them would require you to have the same biology as them, or it would require you to have a degree if you want to be a doctor or lawyer.

And while some people are better, actors than others, imitation pales in comparison to the genuine article, and while the scientific jury is still kind of out, as the study of brain and gender is still "in its infancy", the evidence available to us so far suggests generally speaking, so called 'transsexuals' have sort of androgynous brains, not a wholly female brain in a wholly male body, like the progressive media would have us believe, and again, that's generally speaking, some fauxsexuals mightn't have brains like the sex they believe they are at all.

Masculinity and femininity aren't meaningless categories, they refer to thousands of physiological, neurological and psychological traits, and men always in some cases, and generally in others have masculine traits, and women feminine traits, because masculinity and femininity are, in the main, biologically determined, which's not to say socialization doesn't play a role, it does.

But even here, fauxsexuals are never going to be socialized like the opposite sex is, because people are never going to think of and treat them exactly like they treat the opposite sex, and also physiology, your body, determines how you experience the world, and so your experiences are never going to be the same as the experiences of the opposite sex, and so neither is your psychology, because experience also partly determines psychology, it's the other side of the coin.

And disguising, referring to and thinking of yourself as something you're not, when that something is of profound importance, like your sex is, is wrong, it's mentally ill, deceptive, and we're all mentally ill, or deceived if we play along with this, masquerade.
If you pretend to yourself and others you're a cop, doctor, lawyer or the opposite sex, it's wrong, because if you're good at it, some people mightn't realize you're pretending, they're going to have certain expectations of you, and through no fault of their own, at some point these expectations are going to be thwarted when reality intervenes.

I think there's been a comparison of fauxsexuals to subcultures like punk or goth and cosplay.
The difference here is subcultures have nothing to do with biology, one, and two, cosplay is make believe, and the people who do it know it's make believe, they don't do it 24/7, but if they actually believed they were video game or anime characters, we would tell them to, cut that shit out, and rightfully so, because it's mentally ill.

Fauxsexuals, knowingly or unknowingly, are, charlatans, frauds, hucksters, imposters, most of them are mentally ill, but some of them are probably downright liars, trying to pull one over the world.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Gloominary » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Punks and goths are also referred to as poseurs, when other members of their subculture feel they're being disingenuous, or even when they earnestly try, and fail to live up to the part, so the comparison is doubly fallacious.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Carleas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Pretend to be something, and you are that something.

This is not the claim. We're talking about sincere beliefs about ones own relation to a specific and complex concept. The concept is both biological and social, necessary and contingent. And to the extent it's social and contingent, there's no contradiction in applying it differently where it makes sense to do so.

Gloominary wrote:What it's really similar to, is referring to and thinking of yourself as an extrovert, when you're an introvert, or an empath, when you're a sociopath, or as having Asperger's or Down's when you don't have Asperger's or Down's

I agree with this. Where someone is mentally a woman, it doesn't make sense to demand that they think of themselves as a man. Exactly my point.

Gloominary wrote:...men always in some cases, and generally in others have masculine traits...

I challenge you to identify a mental trait that men always have.

Gloominary wrote:[Trans]sexuals are never going to be socialized like the opposite sex is, because people are never going to think of and treat them exactly like they treat the opposite sex

So this line of argument seems to be that we shouldn't think of and treat transsexuals as members of their chosen sex because people are never going to think of and treat them as members of their chosen sex?

Gloominary wrote:...dressing up, referring to and thinking of yourself as something you're not...

This isn't what transsexuals are going. When you say that they're acting as "something [they]'re not", you are interpreting it as them acting as someone with a specific chromosomal mix or genital shape. But that's not a necessary implication from how they're acting. They're acting like someone who thinks of themself as a member of a particular sex and who wants to be treated as a member of that sex, and that's exactly what they are. You acknowledge that sex is partly social and contingent, but you still treat it as fully biological for the purpose of evaluating this question. It isn't, you acknowledge it isn't, and to the extent that it isn't, it makes sense to treat it as social and contingent, and let people adopt the social role with which they identify.

To your point on doctors and lawyers, I would liken that to the birth control point I've made a few times. I don't have a problem with someone wanting me to treat them as a doctor, as long as that doesn't include letting them operate on me. Similarly, we shouldn't have a problem with treating someone as a woman who was born a man, but that doesn't entail that we should consider them when looking for a pregnancy surrogate.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 5659
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:38 pm

Fact: females have, and do, question the intent of big hulking transsexual he-she males. Why? because of a safety and security dictat.

Can that be argued against?
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17445
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Carleas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:12 pm

Does it need to be? I once had a friend who was afraid of balloons, but that doesn't tell us very much about balloons.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 5659
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby WendyDarling » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:17 pm

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/people-angry-safe-sex-guide-calls-vagina-front-hole-012527170.html

A new safe seχ guide for the LGBTQIA community includes the term “front hole” as an alternative to “νagina.”

The health website Healthline, along with the Gay, Lesbiαn and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) and Advocates for Youth, has published the LGBTQIA Safe Seχ Guide, which expands current safe seχ terminology.

“Traditional safe seχ guides are often structured in a way that presumes everyone’s gender (male/female/nonbinary/trans) is the same as the seχ they were assigned at birth (male/female/interseχ or differences in seχual development),” reads a statement on Healthline. “These guides also often unnecessarily gender body parts as being ‘male parts’ and ‘female parts’ and refer to ‘seχ with women’ or ‘seχ with men,’ excluding those who identify as nonbinary. Many individuals don’t see body parts as having a gender — people have a gender. …

“For the purposes of this guide, we’ve chosen to include alternative words for readers to use for their geηitals,” the statement continues. “For example, some trans men choose to use the words ‘front hole’ or ‘internal geηital’ instead of ‘νagina.’ Alternatively, some trans women may say ‘strapless’ or ‘girl d***’ for peηis. This usage is meant for one-on-one communication with trusted persons, such as your doctor or partner, not for broad discussion.”

No end in sight for the craziness. :lol: Why not all be sincerely multi-gendered like hermaphrodites with a front hole and a penis or a vagina and a strapless, say your non-binary queer, and have the best of all worlds possible?
I AM OFFICIALLY IN HELL!

I live my philosophy, it's personal to me and people who engage where I live establish an unspoken dynamic, a relationship of sorts, with me and my philosophy.

Cutting folks for sport is a reality for the poor in spirit. I myself only cut the poor in spirit on Tues., Thurs., and every other Sat.
User avatar
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 7094
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Hades

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:56 am

Carleas wrote:

There is an important sense in which a man who sincerely feels like a woman trapped in a man's body is a woman.


This is a very typical error in thinking, confusing feelings with realities.

The truth is that reality is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1972
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Gloominary » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:06 am

@Carleas

You are not entitled to an accurate description of anyone else's genitals.

The words man and woman don't belong to the state, they belong to us, as native English speakers.
Since time immemorial, man and woman referred to ones biology, which's the hard, essential difference between man and woman, not ones psychology, or what one wished they were, just as the words adult, child, white, black and so on, refer to ones biology.

If you present yourself as, and claim to be a doctor, lawyer, employed, unemployed, healthy, sick, able, disabled and so on, no one will suppose you're claiming to be the aforementioned in a soft, psychological sense, so you have to clarify what you mean, by saying: well I'm not actually an X, I just believe I have the psychology of an X, or I just wished I was an X.

It's linguistically and socially unprecedented, confusing and deceitful.

Look, I, and other native English speakers who won't be bullied by the state and progressive ideologues, are not going to change the way we do language and socialize to appease less than 1% of the population, a group of largely mentally ill people that has somehow, gotten inordinately powerful, and needs to be put in its place.
You, will accommodate our linguistic and social norms, not the other way round.

If you present yourself as, and claim to be the sex you're not, you're a liar, and if we're planning on sleeping together, I'm going to be angry with you when I find out you're lying, and rightfully so.

I am a tolerant man, dress however you please, conduct YOUR affairs as you see fit, but don't lie to me, especially if we're doing business or pleasure together.

Ah, so you're denying people the dignity of defining their own social identity and demanding that they be stigmatized as insane and outcast for their own safety. How compassionate. I would guess the people themselves would prefer you let them worry about that.

You're entitled to define yourself, for you, but you're not entitled to define yourself, for me.

This sounds like an express rejection of science, since you seem only to be willing to entertain how science comes down on this if the conclusion matches your preconceptions, i.e. "It would be nice if science would confirm what I already believe without good evidence." If science finds differences in transsexuals' brains and hormone balance, the existence of intersex individuals of various kinds, the existence of transsexuals in non-human primates, etc., you will reject it as biased. Deja vu.

Not all science is equal, some science is soft, social, some science is speculative, theoretical, some science is esoteric (meaning, no laymen can verify it, and very few scientists can verify it), some science is funded by special interest groups (big business, government, ideologues...), some scientists hold beliefs that may jeopardize the integrity of their work, some science is new, experimental, some scientific fields are in the habit of changing their minds, some science is shoddy, and sometimes some laymen themselves can uncover how shoddy it is by examining it, some science contradicts our individual or collective experience, some scientific consensuses are contested by a minority of scientists within mainstream academia, and we can examine the work of these dissidents to see if it has merit, some science is contested by fringe academia...

And todays fringe, can become tomorrows mainstream.

There are no absolute authorities, reality is the ultimate arbiter.

I don't have anymore respect for scientists than I do for politicians and media.

While some sources of info, might be more trustworthy than others, nothing is completely beyond public scrutiny.
Last edited by Gloominary on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Gloominary » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:48 am

@Carleas

To your first question, yes. To your second, in which you ask the same question but wrap it in the questionable practice of extant race-based discrimination, I think the issue comes in through the race-based discrimination, and not through granting someone's sincere conviction that they are best understood socially as whatever they present themselves to be.

My white ancestors may've not been persecuted, but that doesn't mean I'm not being persecuted today, because I believe I'm Native, surely that entitles me to some form of government compensation?

And what if my white parents and grandparents also believed they were, claimed to be and dressed up as Natives?

We seem to have no problem with hair dye, colored contacts, fake tans, shaving or waxing, plastic surgery, etc., despite those body modifications being undertaken for their social effects and denying the physiological reality of genetic traits and aging in the same sense that a sex change denies a physiological reality of biological sex.

I, and many people have a problem with the above.

I mean I believe people are entitled to modify their bodies as they please, but I'm also entitled to regard people who take it to extremes, as fake, which I do.

And a 60 year old person would be absolutely, out of their minds to insist we all refer to and think of them as 20, because they've modified their bodies, and have a 'youthful psychology', or have adopted a 'young social role'.

Can I select the age I feel I am?

Can I have my drivers license say I'm 20 when I'm 90?

I take this as a retraction of your prior claim:

I never claimed to have seen statistics proving faxuwomen sexually exploit real women more than real women do in restrooms, I just said that in all likelihood, they are.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Gloominary » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:45 pm

@Carleas

I agree with this. Where someone is mentally a woman, it doesn't make sense to demand that they think of themselves as a man. Exactly my point.

They're still a man biologically, so they should still think of themselves as fundamentally male, and it's doubtful a biological man could think very much like a woman anyway.

Psychology is secondary to biology.
Psychology can change on a dime, biology is hardwired.
Language and thought ought to reflect that.
It's part of the reason why many trans, trans back, because it's partly or fully a psychological phenomenon.
They call it being 'gender fluid', it could just as easily be called being a 'gender flake'.

And even if it made sense to call a man with a woman's mind a woman, than it would make sense to call a man who believed, or said he believed he had a woman's mind, but didn't, a man.

To avoid confusion, and deception, I'd rather invent new words to describe such people, insofar as they actually exist, we could call men with women's minds gynopsyches, and women with men's minds andropsyches.

So this line of argument seems to be that we shouldn't think of and treat transsexuals as members of their chosen sex because people are never going to think of and treat them as members of their chosen sex?

Children shouldn't be allowed to trans, and boys and girls, even ones who believe they're girls and boys, have to be socialized somewhat differently, just to deal with the part of themselves that is biological, immutable, incontrovertible, and in any case, most trans, trans during adolescence or later, when most or all of their socialization has already occurred, which will be geared towards their biological sex, not their 'chosen sex'.

This isn't what transsexuals are going. When you say that they're acting as "something [they]'re not", you are interpreting it as them acting as someone with a specific chromosomal mix or genital shape. But that's not a necessary implication from how they're acting. They're acting like someone who thinks of themself as a member of a particular sex and who wants to be treated as a member of that sex, and that's exactly what they are. You acknowledge that sex is partly social and contingent, but you still treat it as fully biological for the purpose of evaluating this question. It isn't, you acknowledge it isn't, and to the extent that it isn't, it makes sense to treat it as social and contingent, and let people adopt the social role with which they identify.

To your point on doctors and lawyers, I would liken that to the birth control point I've made a few times. I don't have a problem with someone wanting me to treat them as a doctor, as long as that doesn't include letting them operate on me. Similarly, we shouldn't have a problem with treating someone as a woman who was born a man, but that doesn't entail that we should consider them when looking for a pregnancy surrogate.

Your body fundamentally isn't and can't become the opposite sex of your chromosomes and birth genitals.
Transsexuals who believe theirs is or can are mentally ill.
Your brain/mind fundamentally probably isn't and can't become the opposite sex of your chromosomes and your birth genitals.
Transsexuals who believe theirs is or can are probably mentally ill.

“Trans people have brains that are different from males and females, a unique kind of brain,” Guillamon says. “It is simplistic to say that a female-to-male transgender person is a female trapped in a male body. It's not because they have a male brain but a transsexual brain.” Of course, behavior and experience shape brain anatomy, so it is impossible to say if these subtle differences are inborn.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/

You may or may not share some secondary sex characteristics with the opposite sex, but just because you believe you do, doesn't mean you do, if you believe you do, but don't, you're kind of mentally ill, but if you believe you do, and do, and wish to realistically add more secondary sex characteristics without believing you can fundamentally change your sex, than you're not mentally ill, or at least you're in touch with reality as it is, whether you're in touch with reality as it ought to be, is mostly beyond the scope of this thread.

So are transsexuals mentally ill?
It depends on what they believe about their transsexuality.

But you shouldn't refer to yourself as the opposite sex, when what you really mean is you share a few characteristics with the opposite sex, and would like to become more like it, because it's confusing, and deceptive, you should always refer to yourself as a transwoman, or a transman, not a woman or a man, otherwise, you're a fauxsexual, a fraud.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Gloominary » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Carleas wrote:Does it need to be? I once had a friend who was afraid of balloons, but that doesn't tell us very much about balloons.

Not a good analogy.
A balloon can't hurt you, a transwoman can.
Not only that, the average transwoman can more easily overpower a woman if he decides to than the average woman can just as the average man can, which's why both transwomen and men should be restricted to the men's washroom.
Last edited by Gloominary on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Gloominary » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:48 pm

@Carleas

This isn't what transsexuals are going. When you say that they're acting as "something [they]'re not", you are interpreting it as them acting as someone with a specific chromosomal mix or genital shape. But that's not a necessary implication from how they're acting.

It's not necessarily the implication, but it could be, and probably is in some cases.
I'm sure some trans believe that aside from their genitals, their bodies are wholly, fundamentally or mostly the bodies of the opposite sex, when they're not, or will become wholly, fundamentally or mostly the bodies of the opposite sex post-sex reassignment surgery and/or steroid use, which's delusional.
I'm sure many, if not most trans believe that their brains/mind are wholly, fundamentally or mostly the brains/minds of the opposite sex, when they're not, or will become wholly, fundamentally or mostly the brains of the opposite sex post-sex reassignment surgery and/or steroid use, which's probably delusional.
I'm sure that's what many, if not most trans believe when they refer to themselves as the opposite sex.

They're acting like someone who thinks of themself as a member of a particular sex and who wants to be treated as a member of that sex, and that's exactly what they are.

Women tend to be physically weaker than men.
Women tend to get colder than men.
Women tend to be more holistic, men tend to be more compartmental.
Women tend to empathize more than men, men tend to systematize more than women.
Women tend to be more linguistically intelligent than men, men tend to be more visually spatially intelligent.
These're just a few examples of how women normally differ from men.

You shouldn't think of yourself as that, unless you are that.
I'm not going to treat you like that, unless you are that.
I'm not going to call you that, or wholly, fundamentally or mostly think of you as wholly, fundamentally or mostly that, unless you're that, which they aren't.
Perhaps I will treat you as a man with a few feminine characteristics, or as a woman with a few masculine characteristics, but that's it.

To your point on doctors and lawyers, I would liken that to the birth control point I've made a few times. I don't have a problem with someone wanting me to treat them as a doctor, as long as that doesn't include letting them operate on me. Similarly, we shouldn't have a problem with treating someone as a woman who was born a man, but that doesn't entail that we should consider them when looking for a pregnancy surrogate.

I have a problem with treating someone as something they're not, not just when it comes to my life/death, sickness/health dealings with them, but at all.
This is not how I, and 99% of people socialize, this is some new form of socialization trans invented just for themselves, with help from progressive psychosociologists, politicians and activists, where it's okay to pretend you're something you're not so long as it doesn't have overt, immediate, dire repercussions, and now there's talk of extending this new form of socialization to every nook and cranny of social life.
This is fantasy role play taken to ridiculous, unprecedented lengths.
It's not normal, and it's not healthy.

This is adults playing make believe 24/7/365, worse than children.
And it's so insidious and seemingly innocuous, to the unthinking mind, because it masquerades as healthy, normal and self-evident.
No, these elites are completely bending, twisting and rewriting customs and modes of behavior, and incrementally unleashing it upon the unsuspecting public in stages, possibly for a sinister agenda.

That being said, mankind has always fantasized.
People used to get their fantasy fix from religion, now that that's out, increasingly they're turning to fantasy novels, celebritism, movies, the paranormal, television, video games, and now 24/7/365 fantasy role play + transhumanism, perhaps that'll become the new norm.
But I don't want this rubbish imposed on me, no thanks.

We just swap one set of delusions for another.
The more things change...
History mightn't always repeat, but it at least rhymes.
I guess these are the progressive, trendy delusions, an alternative to conservative, traditional ones.
Mankind can have its delusions, but the further out into left field it wanders, the more perilous.
Last edited by Gloominary on Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

Re: There's no such thing as Transexuals

Postby Gloominary » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:29 pm

From what I've managed to glean, the new motto is: don't treat people according to what and who they are, treat people according to what and who they wished they were, as much as you 'possibly can', or is 'reasonable', and hitherto 'possibly can' hasn't been well defined, and it's never 'reasonable', in the strict sense of the word, to treat people other than what and who they are.
Perhaps in a loose, utilitarian sense of the word, like I'm making this person happy by indulging their delusions and/or fantasies, it could be construed as reasonable, but that's not the way I operate, and it's not the way almost everyone operates, certainly not to this extent, this is totally unprecedented.
Delusions always have repercussions, however great and overt, or slight and subtle.
I try to maximize how in tune I, and others I deal with, am and are with the world, not minimize.
At the same time, I try not to be a jerk about it, I try to give people constructive criticism, or none, but I'm not going to indulge peoples delusions and/or fantasies either.
I will treat people according to what and who they actually are, to the best of my ability.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users