Feminism is Anti-male

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Feminism is Anti-male

Postby Gloominary » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:35 am

@Thanatos

It does. Superiority and inferiority are established through conflict.

In society, they're established through competitively collaborating...well ideally anyway, in reality it's a combination.

In the above sense of dominance and superiority, it indeed does. There are, of course, other kinds of value.

Women as a whole are physically weaker, and less capable of defending themselves and others, but they have other advantages, like the capacity to give birth.

A separate argument but you're wrong about this too lol.

Women are not another species, what's good for them, so long as it's not bad for us, is good for us.

And women are not big children, they understand their needs as much or more than we do, but we can't rely on them to fully appreciate our needs either, which's why men need to be autonomous too, not only politically and legally, but in relationships as well, we can't expect them to always be mindful of ourselves, just as they can't expect us to always be mindful of them.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

Re: Feminism is Anti-male

Postby Gloominary » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:26 am

Thanathots wrote:Feminism itself can be considered an incomplete accounting fallacy, as it only ever complained about the downsides (costs) of being a woman and rarely if ever acknowledging the upsides (benefits), while doing the reverse for men and only pointing out the upsides of being a man and refusing to acknowledge the downsides. Gloominary here is doing nothing more than trying to complete the accounting.

exactly, that's all I'm doing, for nearly every advantage men have, there's an equal and opposite disadvantage, if society expects more from women here, here and here, than it expects more from men there, there and there.

While at times our roles have been different, and at others similar, depending on the civilization, and how urban it was, society has done a, not perfect, but pretty fair job at balancing things out, in the main, until feminists gained too much power in the mid-late 20th century, that is, to spin that malicious, pernicious, sexist lie, that men have it too easy, and are malevolent oppressors.

Rhetoric like that is wrong, hurtful, hateful and divisive.
Feminists have reimagined men and women as warring tribes, when it couldn't be further from the truth.
Men and women always have been, and always will be part of the same tribe, our success depends on how well we take care of each other, what hurts one, ultimately hurts the other.
Life would not only be impossible, but miserable without each other.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

Re: Feminism is Anti-male

Postby Gloominary » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:19 am

Some men, and women in the men's rights movement want to go to the other extreme, and claim women had it too easy, that they've had all the rights and none of the responsibilities.
I say enough is enough, let's burry the hatchet instead of each other.
Men and women both had and have it hard in ways, and we should see ourselves by and large as well meaning, but imperfect partners in life.
We need to heal from the discord feminists and others have sown between us and between families.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

Re: Feminism is Anti-male

Postby Thanathots » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:20 pm

Perhaps the most important point you made is that feminism destroys male-female relationships in society by creating a social order which makes men and women competition (and skews this competition in favor of women and feminine entities), so basically it makes men and women enemies. But biologically, men and women evolved to cooperate, to develop bonds for the purpose of reproduction. They don't want to consider each other enemies. It's a perverted situation.

The real competition has always been between different groups of men, not between men and women. Destroying cooperation between men and women is just another way of making a group more vulnerable in relation to real enemies.
User avatar
Thanathots
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Feminism is Anti-male

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:50 pm

Thanathots wrote:Perhaps the most important point you made is that feminism destroys male-female relationships in society by creating a social order which makes men and women competition (and skews this competition in favor of women and feminine entities), so basically it makes men and women enemies. But biologically, men and women evolved to cooperate, to develop bonds for the purpose of reproduction. They don't want to consider each other enemies. It's a perverted situation.
You just can't here that there is a counterpart masculinism where all sorts of ideas about what women are and how they are the enemy is just part of everyday guy talk. It doesn't even need a name we are so used to it. And it is very effective at making males and females enemies. Of course feminism goes overboard, but I never hear you guys complain about porn, for example. You've been swimming in masculinism, and there are good forms of this and f ucked up ones, but we don't even have to give the thing a name, because it's the water we've swum in. Now when women come along and talk shit about men it's like they invented systematically talking about the other sex like they were _______fill in the blank with a negative word. Women who have sex with someone else are sluts or whores. Women who don't have sex are cold bitches. Women only like bad men, not nice guys. Women only want money. Women are shallow and that's why she dumped you and went for X. There are of course higher discourse versions of this and then implicit versions in media. Things swang and now it is a complicated mess rather then the women as ditzes or femme fatales or boring housewives in medie 60 years ago. And men get the short end of the stick also. But when I see this blanket condemnation of feminism without any peek at the dark side of masculinism which was in charge for so long it just comes off trite and personal.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: Feminism is Anti-male

Postby Gloominary » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:
Thanathots wrote:Perhaps the most important point you made is that feminism destroys male-female relationships in society by creating a social order which makes men and women competition (and skews this competition in favor of women and feminine entities), so basically it makes men and women enemies. But biologically, men and women evolved to cooperate, to develop bonds for the purpose of reproduction. They don't want to consider each other enemies. It's a perverted situation.
You just can't here that there is a counterpart masculinism where all sorts of ideas about what women are and how they are the enemy is just part of everyday guy talk. It doesn't even need a name we are so used to it. And it is very effective at making males and females enemies. Of course feminism goes overboard, but I never hear you guys complain about porn, for example. You've been swimming in masculinism, and there are good forms of this and f ucked up ones, but we don't even have to give the thing a name, because it's the water we've swum in. Now when women come along and talk shit about men it's like they invented systematically talking about the other sex like they were _______fill in the blank with a negative word. Women who have sex with someone else are sluts or whores. Women who don't have sex are cold bitches. Women only like bad men, not nice guys. Women only want money. Women are shallow and that's why she dumped you and went for X. There are of course higher discourse versions of this and then implicit versions in media. Things swang and now it is a complicated mess rather then the women as ditzes or femme fatales or boring housewives in medie 60 years ago. And men get the short end of the stick also. But when I see this blanket condemnation of feminism without any peek at the dark side of masculinism which was in charge for so long it just comes off trite and personal.

If some women get shamed for being sluts and whores, some guys get shamed for being virgins, fags or for not having 'game', so it goes both ways.
And have women not always said: men are shallow, they only like bimbos, or men are only in it for the sex?

Women always talked lots of smack about men, it's just it was rarely written down, because there were few women writers.
And even if we did talk more smack, we also compliment women more, as we're more vocal and direct about what we like, and who we love.

My problem is not that women are allowed to publicly talk smack about men, my problem is, men aren't allowed to, my problem is the hypocrisy, the do as I say, not as I do, the double standard.
That being said, I agree with Thanatos that men and women should try to come together more, and realize both sexes have shortcomings, as well as, things to be proud of.
It's not a competition, even feminists all came from eggs fertilized by their daddies sperm.

And while more men are in positions of political and monetary power than women even today, as they have been throughout much of history, which was possibly as much to women's collective liking as it was men's, that doesn't necessarily mean men were collectively abusing that power, on the contrary, today, society, politics and law often favor women's interests at men's expense.
While we can only speculate how happy 19th century and earlier women were, 19 century women were living some 5 years longer, and in many ways taken better care of than 19th century men.
Remember it's, 'women and children first'.
User avatar
Gloominary
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:58 am
Location: Dislocated

Re: Feminism is Anti-male

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:34 am

Bob wrote:

This argument is much like the way Nazis defended the historical oppression of Jews. There were many Jews who, despite their oppression, rose to high positions and became Professors or experts in their field, but they were all the same oppressed. In the same way, women have in European history been at a disadvantage, despite having contributed in many ways to the development of society. However being “the other half”, albeit smugly called “the better half”, but not having a say because women were deemed emotionally unstable or associated with similar derogatory attributes is a kind of oppression under which many women suffered. This is especially true in households where the man was a drunkard, a bigot, a brute or just simply an idiot, but remained “head” of that household, despite the woman being the only hope for the children born into such a relationship.

It all has to do with biology. Most men are attracted to women in a way that they have to learn to control if they are not to be considered depraved idiots by their peers. This is because the instinct that nature gives them is to get their genes reproduced. Women, at least in young years, have all the attractions that nature gave them to ensure that the species survives, and the very sight of a naked woman has rendered men unable to think of anything else. Of course in a modern society, it isn’t acceptable for people to go around copulating and making children, indeed, due to progress, it isn’t necessary because more children survive to become adults.

With this in mind, women can, of course, use this advantage to influence men and almost always do. Sometimes the results are not what they expect or wish, very often because they do not understand what they are doing. This is very often the case with young girls who have reached full-blown puberty. Whilst society must protect these young women, with time most women learn to use their influence to their advantage. Of course, after the fever has dropped, men realize how their drive has been used by women to get what they want, and the men start to resent this. This is particularly so when it becomes apparent to others and is one reason for the insecurity amongst men.

To defend their ego against such insecurity, men devise various approaches. One that seems to contribute to their attractiveness in some cases, is to pretend they don’t care. This has complications, however, and with time wears off. Many try to take command of the situation, and as long as the women accept this control it can go well, as long as the insecurity of the man doesn’t get the better of him. Then they turn into the brutes I mentioned above. Some retreat because they notice how little they attract a woman, and are left to “love themselves”. Others, apparently a minority, are able to overcome their insecurities and find a soul-mate with whom they harmonize and have a happy life.

It becomes clear then, that Feminism is not an attack on the last group of men, but more against the brutes that think that the only way to stay in control, is to prevent women gaining influence and do so by ridiculing, reducing them to sex objects and generally oppressing them. I think more men should understand this because it could lead to a better co-existence of women and men, and a sharing of the particular attributes each sex has to contribute to the problems that we are facing.


There are some good points in the above and it shows a clear and concise understanding of both male and female and their obligations to each other. It shows the wiles that both sexes use to get what they want and that is how it should be.

The women who initially championed Feminism did not think like men although they tried to and now they live to regret.

In the beginning of this movement the elites funded Feminism and allowed it to happen, they saw monetary gain and power and the way to do it was to divide and conquer, primarily destabilise society and tax both men and women. The outcome of all this sets the stage for a New World Order, can't buy or sell without a chip, which means a cashless society, which is already taking place.

Before feminism the basic unit of civilisation was the family, with Feminism all this fell apart, women with families dependent upon husbands now became dependent upon the State.

Feminism is NOT about equality, it is about destroying the family and it's about women who are now suffering because of it,
it is about anti authority to a husband,
it is about children abandoned and not having fathers.
it has failed BOTH women and men and it is still being used as a tool so that the State can have primary control.
it is about fake freedom, and

There is nothing noble about Feminism, it is a way and means for total control of both sexes.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
User avatar
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1979
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Feminism is Anti-male

Postby Thanathots » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Karpel Tunnel wrote:You just can't here that there is a counterpart masculinism where all sorts of ideas about what women are and how they are the enemy is just part of everyday guy talk. It doesn't even need a name we are so used to it. And it is very effective at making males and females enemies. Of course feminism goes overboard, but I never hear you guys complain about porn, for example. You've been swimming in masculinism, and there are good forms of this and f ucked up ones, but we don't even have to give the thing a name, because it's the water we've swum in. Now when women come along and talk shit about men it's like they invented systematically talking about the other sex like they were _______fill in the blank with a negative word.


But when I see this blanket condemnation of feminism without any peek at the dark side of masculinism which was in charge for so long it just comes off trite and personal.


What the fuck are you on about with this "masculinism"? What does it mean and why is it wrong or bad?

Women who have sex with someone else are sluts or whores. Women who don't have sex are cold bitches. Women only like bad men, not nice guys. Women only want money. Women are shallow and that's why she dumped you and went for X.


I never made any of these claims and I'm not interested in defending them.
User avatar
Thanathots
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:10 pm

Re: Feminism is Anti-male

Postby mannequin01 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Thanathots wrote:
The real competition has always been between different groups of men, not between men and women. Destroying cooperation between men and women is just another way of making a group more vulnerable in relation to real enemies.


Especially when a group is entering without those particular problems, where their social bonds between the genders are intact because of strict religious ideology, then this only allows a potential conquest upon those who are less organized.
User avatar
mannequin01
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:41 am

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users