Kompromat

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Re: Kompromat

Postby iambiguous » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:58 pm

Here is an interesting [and rather comprehensive] take on Trump and Putin

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... of-us.html

Trump has bent over backward to defend Vladimir Putin at America’s expense, and the question is why. Journalists have explored the worst possibilities: Trump is a Russian agent, Trump conspired with Putin to tip the 2016 election, Putin is blackmailing Trump with a raunchy sex tape.

In this article, I’m going to take the opposite approach. I’ll assume none of that speculation is true. I’ll stick to the public record. I’ll set aside the question of collusion as most people understand it—a conspiracy during the election—and I won’t postulate any hidden motives. I’ll present the minimum we know about Trump and Russia. The minimum is enough to merit impeachment: Trump is working with Putin to protect Russia and cripple the United States.

Here the focus tends to be on Putin the narcissistic authoritarian appealing to Trump the narcissistic authoritarian. The two just, well, bonded. Only, unlike George W., they weren't at all interested in getting the measure of each other's "soul".
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:38 pm

"Over a barrel":

https://apnews.com/4ac772445073491aa7d3ca9e558e0144

Again, for some, it comes down to what is deemed to be most humiliating barrel that might be. And you all know my own rendition of that.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:48 am

Consider this argument: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/29/opin ... e=Homepage

We are clearly getting closer and closer to finally pinning this down. It is only a question of how explosive the truth turns out to be.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Current Events