God is an Impossibility

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: God is an Impossibility

Postby Fanman » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Karpel Tunnel,

Excellent post. I can't find any points that I disagree with.
Fanman
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:47 am

Re: God is an Impossibility

Postby Serendipper » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:05 pm

Fanman wrote:Serendipper,

I haven't seen him post for a while here, or on the OPC. Maybe he's taking a break or busy. I think he'll be back sooner or later.

Something changed. He went from diligently replying as if he were on a mission to not even logging on.

Karpel Tunnel wrote:
Serendipper wrote:Prism seems to be gone. Is spectrum on the other site?

what other site?

Onlinephilosophyclub.com It's a forum like this one, though after 3-4 days of posting I still haven't found the end to the "moderator approval" requirement for my posts. I posted about it in "feedback", but my feedback wasn't approved, so I'm not too fond of the censorship and perpetual presumption of guilt. There is a bit more activity there, but mostly because it's all mods. The mods here never talk; the mods there never stop. OPC just isn't for me.
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility

Postby Fanman » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:32 pm

Serendipper,

Something changed. He went from diligently replying as if he were on a mission to not even logging on.


Perhaps you're right. Maybe something has changed as he was very active.
Fanman
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:47 am

Re: God is an Impossibility

Postby Serendipper » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:54 am

Fanman wrote:Serendipper,

Something changed. He went from diligently replying as if he were on a mission to not even logging on.


Perhaps you're right. Maybe something has changed as he was very active.

I randomly disappear too, but not in the middle of a debate.
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility

Postby Serendipper » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Serendipper wrote:
Jakob wrote:That you are as poor of spirit as to worship the void in your heart, doesn't mean the universe is as empty as it makes you feel.

Damn, that's well-crafted! Are you the genesis or are you quoting someone? I had to stop and write that down!

After interacting with you more, I'm beginning to believe you are the author.
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Prismatic567 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:23 am

Fanman wrote:Serendipper,

Something changed. He went from diligently replying as if he were on a mission to not even logging on.


Perhaps you're right. Maybe something has changed as he was very active.
I had a project to attend to then.
Anyone want to continue the debate.

I believe theists need to understand the fact that the idea of God emerged onto human consciousness due to some existential psychological dilemma and for most it is because of low tolerance for CO2.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=194667

Since the idea of God emerged due to existential psychological factors, then resolving these existential issues would wean theists off the idea of God.
The resulting positive consequences are the elimination of all evil and violence influenced by evil laden commands within SOME theistics text.
In addition, people will have less involuntary inherent sensitivity to psychologically-based existential threats.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Serendipper » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:37 am

Prismatic567 wrote:
Fanman wrote:Serendipper,

Something changed. He went from diligently replying as if he were on a mission to not even logging on.


Perhaps you're right. Maybe something has changed as he was very active.
I had a project to attend to then.
Anyone want to continue the debate.

I believe theists need to understand the fact that the idea of God emerged onto human consciousness due to some existential psychological dilemma and for most it is because of low tolerance for CO2.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=194667

Since the idea of God emerged due to existential psychological factors, then resolving these existential issues would wean theists off the idea of God.
The resulting positive consequences are the elimination of all evil and violence influenced by evil laden commands within SOME theistics text.
In addition, people will have less involuntary inherent sensitivity to psychologically-based existential threats.

Non-theists were likely killed throughout history which genetically selected for the obedient breed we are.

Also, poverty itself favors neurological "deformities" predisposing one to fear and hate. It requires an abundance of nutrition to grow and power the cerebral cortex.
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility

Postby barbarianhorde » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:07 pm

Yeah people who didn't value consensus over their own discernment weren't given much opportunity to procreate. That's how "consensus is always right".

If you want to kill someone and get away with it the best way to do it is through consensus.

"Prove" by shuffling existing language into clever formlies that the discoverer is Wrong.
And then take his papers to light that died fire he, in his unconsensus like arrogance showed you how to light before.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
User avatar
barbarianhorde
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Prismatic567 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:34 am

Serendipper wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:I had a project to attend to then.

I believe theists need to understand the fact that the idea of God emerged onto human consciousness due to some existential psychological dilemma and for most it is because of low tolerance for CO2.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=194667

Since the idea of God emerged due to existential psychological factors, then resolving these existential issues would wean theists off the idea of God.
The resulting positive consequences are the elimination of all evil and violence influenced by evil laden commands within SOME theistics text.
In addition, people will have less involuntary inherent sensitivity to psychologically-based existential threats.

Non-theists were likely killed throughout history which genetically selected for the obedient breed we are.

Also, poverty itself favors neurological "deformities" predisposing one to fear and hate. It requires an abundance of nutrition to grow and power the cerebral cortex.

Theists clung to a god for comfort and security arising from a terrible and desperate existential crisis.
The majority [not all] view non-theists as non-conformists, i.e. the "them" as in 'us versus them' and thus a serious threat to their beliefs.
Since theists have the majority power and SOME will kill non-theists to eliminate their deemed threat.
Note, because of the same insecurities, some theists are also killing other theists with different beliefs.

The serious problem is theists are killing non-theists and other theists merely based on some psychological insecurities and in certain cases compelled by commands from their God which is illusory and an impossibility.

The could be some justifications if any killing is done in self-defense under a very serious threat. But with SOME theists, they kill because their God [illusory and impossible] permit them to do so merely if the religion is threatened [often perceived threats].
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: God is an Impossibility

Postby Prismatic567 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:40 am

barbarianhorde wrote:Yeah people who didn't value consensus over their own discernment weren't given much opportunity to procreate. That's how "consensus is always right".

If you want to kill someone and get away with it the best way to do it is through consensus.

"Prove" by shuffling existing language into clever formlies that the discoverer is Wrong.
And then take his papers to light that died fire he, in his unconsensus like arrogance showed you how to light before.

Consensus does drive groups of people to act but that does not mean their acts are always 'right' morally.

It is fortunate all human beings has an inherent potential faculty of morality and conscience. These two faculties are active in many people in various degrees thus consensus do not always lead to 'wrong' or 'evil' acts.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Serendipper » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:37 pm

Prismatic567 wrote:
Serendipper wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:I had a project to attend to then.

I believe theists need to understand the fact that the idea of God emerged onto human consciousness due to some existential psychological dilemma and for most it is because of low tolerance for CO2.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=194667

Since the idea of God emerged due to existential psychological factors, then resolving these existential issues would wean theists off the idea of God.
The resulting positive consequences are the elimination of all evil and violence influenced by evil laden commands within SOME theistics text.
In addition, people will have less involuntary inherent sensitivity to psychologically-based existential threats.

Non-theists were likely killed throughout history which genetically selected for the obedient breed we are.

Also, poverty itself favors neurological "deformities" predisposing one to fear and hate. It requires an abundance of nutrition to grow and power the cerebral cortex.

Theists clung to a god for comfort and security arising from a terrible and desperate existential crisis.
The majority [not all] view non-theists as non-conformists, i.e. the "them" as in 'us versus them' and thus a serious threat to their beliefs.
Since theists have the majority power and SOME will kill non-theists to eliminate their deemed threat.
Note, because of the same insecurities, some theists are also killing other theists with different beliefs.

The serious problem is theists are killing non-theists and other theists merely based on some psychological insecurities and in certain cases compelled by commands from their God which is illusory and an impossibility.

The could be some justifications if any killing is done in self-defense under a very serious threat. But with SOME theists, they kill because their God [illusory and impossible] permit them to do so merely if the religion is threatened [often perceived threats].

List of apologies made by Pope John Paul II

The legal process on the Italian scientist and philosopher Galileo Galilei, himself a devout Catholic, around 1633 (31 October 1992).[7]
Catholics' involvement with the African slave trade (9 August 1993).[3][4][5][6]
The Church's role in burnings at the stake and the religious wars that followed the Protestant Reformation (May 1995, in the Czech Republic).[3][4][5][6]
The injustices committed against women, the violation of women's rights and for the historical denigration of women (29 May 1995, in a "letter to women").[2][3][4][5][6]
The inactivity and silence of many Catholics during the Holocaust (16 March 1998).[3][4][5][8][9]
For the execution of Jan Hus in 1415 (18 December 1999 in Prague). When John Paul II visited Prague in 1990s, he requested experts in this matter "to define with greater clarity the position held by Jan Hus among the Church's reformers, and acknowledged that "independently of the theological convictions he defended, Hus cannot be denied integrity in his personal life and commitment to the nation's moral education." It was another step in building a bridge between Catholics and Protestants.[3][4][5][6]
For the sins of Catholics throughout the ages for violating "the rights of ethnic groups and peoples, and [for showing] contempt for their cultures and religious traditions". (12 March 2000, during a public Mass of Pardons).[3][4][5][6]
For the actions of the Crusader attack on Constantinople in 1204. To the Patriarch of Constantinople he said "Some memories are especially painful, and some events of the distant past have left deep wounds in the minds and hearts of people to this day. I am thinking of the disastrous sack of the imperial city of Constantinople, which was for so long the bastion of Christianity in the East. It is tragic that the assailants, who had set out to secure free access for Christians to the Holy Land, turned against their own brothers in the faith. The fact that they were Latin Christians fills Catholics with deep regret. How can we fail to see here the mysterium iniquitatis at work in the human heart?".[3][4][5][6]

Matthew 10 King James Version (KJV)
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 23 King James Version (KJV)
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Who was the first to throw jews into ovens? ^^^

Religious views of Adolf Hitler
Mein Kampf (1925-1926)

Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. (p. 65)
Political parties have nothing to do with religious problems, as long as these are not alien to the nation, undermining the morals and ethics of the race; just as religion cannot be amalgamated with the scheming of political parties. (p. 116)
This human world of ours would be inconceivable without the practical existence of a religious belief. (p. 152)
Even today I am not ashamed to say that, overpowered by stormy enthusiasm, I fell down on my knees and thanked Heaven from an overflowing heart for granting me the good fortune of being permitted to live at this time. A fight for freedom had begun mightier than the earth had ever seen; for once Destiny had begun its course, the conviction dawned on even the broad masses that this time not the fate of Serbia or Austria was involved, but whether the German nation was to be or not to be. (p. 161)
And the founder of Christianity made no secret indeed of his estimation of the Jewish people. When He found it necessary, He drove those enemies of the human race out of the Temple of God. (p. 174)
His [the Jewish person's] life is only of this world, and his spirit is inwardly as alien to true Christianity as his nature two thousand years previous was to the great founder of the new doctrine. Of course, the latter made no secret of his attitude toward the Jewish people, and when necessary he even took to the whip to drive from the temple of the Lord this adversary of all humanity, who then as always saw in religion nothing but an instrument for his business existence. In retum, Christ was nailed to the cross, while our present-day party Christians debase themselves to begging for Jewish votes at elections and later try to arrange political swindles with atheistic Jewish parties — and this against their own nation. (p. 307)
Anyone who dares to lay hands on the highest image of the Lord commits sacrilege against the benevolent creator of this miracle and contributes to the expulsion from paradise. (p. 383)
It would be more in keeping with the intention of the noblest man in this world if our two Christian churches, instead of annoying Negroes with missions which they neither desire nor understand, would kindly, but in all seriousness, teach our European humanity that where parents are not healthy it is a deed pleasing to God to take pity on a poor little healthy orphan child and give him father and mother, than themselves to give birth to a sick child who will only bring unhappiness and suffering on himself and the rest of the world. (p. 403)
The folkish-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will. (p. 562)
As far as this variety of ‘folkish’ warriors, are concerned, I can only wish the National Socialist movement and the German people with all my heart: "Lord, preserve us from such friends, and then we can easily deal with our enemies." (p. 565)
Since Germany never defends herself, except by a few flaming protests on the part of our parliamentary elite, and the rest of the world has no reason for fighting in our defense, and as a matter of principle God does not make cowardly nations free... (p. 622)
For this, to be sure, from the child's primer down to the last newspaper, every theater and every movie house, every advertising pillar and every billboard, must be pressed into the service of this one great mission, until the timorous prayer of our present parlor patriots: ‘Lord, make us free!’ is transformed in the brain of the smallest boy into the burning plea: ‘Almighty God, bless our arms when the time comes; be just as thou hast always been; judge now whether we be deserving of freedom; Lord, bless our battle!’ (pp. 632-633) is fun

All religion is arrogance.

Holier Than Thou
Before you judge me take a look at you
Can't you find something better to do
Point the finger, slow to understand
Arrogance and ignorance go hand in hand



Those old dogs can still bite :character-beavisbutthead:
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility

Postby promethean75 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:09 pm

... well it doesn't go quite as hard as hetfield and the boys, but it gets the job done:



if you find the modulating vocal effect in the studio version a little much, try one of the live versions:

promethean75
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Prismatic567 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:11 am

Serendipper wrote:
Prismatic wrote:Theists clung to a god for comfort and security arising from a terrible and desperate existential crisis.
The majority [not all] view non-theists as non-conformists, i.e. the "them" as in 'us versus them' and thus a serious threat to their beliefs.
Since theists have the majority power and SOME will kill non-theists to eliminate their deemed threat.
Note, because of the same insecurities, some theists are also killing other theists with different beliefs.

The serious problem is theists are killing non-theists and other theists merely based on some psychological insecurities and in certain cases compelled by commands from their God which is illusory and an impossibility.

The could be some justifications if any killing is done in self-defense under a very serious threat. But with SOME theists, they kill because their God [illusory and impossible] permit them to do so merely if the religion is threatened [often perceived threats].

List of apologies made by Pope John Paul II

The legal process on the Italian scientist and philosopher Galileo Galilei, himself a devout Catholic, around 1633 (31 October 1992).[7]

Matthew 10 King James Version (KJV)

Matthew 23 King James Version (KJV)

Religious views of Adolf Hitler
Mein Kampf (1925-1926)

Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. (p. 65)


I noted there are Christians who had committed killings and violence but these Christians did not kill as commanded or permitted by the Christian God nor Jesus.
Whatever elements of evil there are in the NT, they are overridden by the overriding PACIFIST MAXIM, i.e. love [even] your enemies, neighbors, etc.; give your right cheek, and the likes.

I bet those Christians [& Hitler if he is a Christian?] who had committed killings and violence and when upon death would have been reprimanded by Jesus on his court, with the following;

    WTF!! I commanded you to love [even] your enemies, not kill them!
    If they do not have any give justifications, they would have been sent to hell.

Christians are taking their own risks in killing non-Christians. If the killings by Christians are justified with good reasons, I believe they will not be severely punished.

On the other hand, for those Muslims who had committed terrible killings and violence on non-Muslims, they would be welcomed in Allah's court with the following;

    Allah: Yo!! give me five... for obeying my commands, you will be rewarded 10 folds and you will be sent to Paradise with eternal life and you shall have your 72 virgins.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Serendipper » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:53 am

Prismatic567 wrote:I noted there are Christians who had committed killings and violence but these Christians did not kill as commanded or permitted by the Christian God nor Jesus.

God killed 2,821,364 documented people and 25 million estimated https://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.co ... bible.html

Satan only killed 10.

Satanists are worshiping the lesser of two evils lol

Jesus didn't kill or order anyone to be killed, but his Father was a blood-thristy maniacal sadist.

Whatever elements of evil there are in the NT, they are overridden by the overriding PACIFIST MAXIM, i.e. love [even] your enemies, neighbors, etc.; give your right cheek, and the likes.

I've never seen a christian practice that.

I bet those Christians [& Hitler if he is a Christian?] who had committed killings and violence and when upon death would have been reprimanded by Jesus on his court, with the following;

    WTF!! I commanded you to love [even] your enemies, not kill them!
    If they do not have any give justifications, they would have been sent to hell.

Christians are taking their own risks in killing non-Christians. If the killings by Christians are justified with good reasons, I believe they will not be severely punished.

On the other hand, for those Muslims who had committed terrible killings and violence on non-Muslims, they would be welcomed in Allah's court with the following;

    Allah: Yo!! give me five... for obeying my commands, you will be rewarded 10 folds and you will be sent to Paradise with eternal life and you shall have your 72 virgins.

Christians won't kill nonbelievers, but they will kill evildoers (where evil is arbitrarily defined as anyone they don't like: abortionists, terrorists, whatever). Capital punishment and even death for drug dealers are the Religious Right's agenda. And the bible-thumpers are the gun-toters.

According to 2017 Pew Research Center data analyzed for CT, white evangelicals are more likely than members of other faith groups or the average citizen to own a gun; 41 percent do, compared to 30 percent of Americans overall. https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/ ... oting.html
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Prismatic567 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:27 am

Serendipper wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:I noted there are Christians who had committed killings and violence but these Christians did not kill as commanded or permitted by the Christian God nor Jesus.

God killed 2,821,364 documented people and 25 million estimated https://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.co ... bible.html

Satan only killed 10.

Satanists are worshiping the lesser of two evils lol

Jesus didn't kill or order anyone to be killed, but his Father was a blood-thristy maniacal sadist.

The only active God that sanctions the killing of non-believers within the slightest threats is that of Allah -the god is Islam. This is supported by many verses in the Quran.

Jesus Christ = Christianity.
Note by the time God was associated with Jesus, God had become a pacifist.

As I understand the evil and violent elements in the OT are merely descriptive, i.e. not prescriptions till eternity.

All said as above, it is impossible for God to exist as real.

Whatever elements of evil there are in the NT, they are overridden by the overriding PACIFIST MAXIM, i.e. love [even] your enemies, neighbors, etc.; give your right cheek, and the likes.

I've never seen a christian practice that.

The majority of Christians practice love and many do it blindly to the extreme, i.e. not wisely.

I bet those Christians [& Hitler if he is a Christian?] who had committed killings and violence and when upon death would have been reprimanded by Jesus on his court, with the following;

    WTF!! I commanded you to love [even] your enemies, not kill them!
    If they do not have any give justifications, they would have been sent to hell.

Christians are taking their own risks in killing non-Christians. If the killings by Christians are justified with good reasons, I believe they will not be severely punished.

On the other hand, for those Muslims who had committed terrible killings and violence on non-Muslims, they would be welcomed in Allah's court with the following;

    Allah: Yo!! give me five... for obeying my commands, you will be rewarded 10 folds and you will be sent to Paradise with eternal life and you shall have your 72 virgins.

Christians won't kill nonbelievers, but they will kill evildoers (where evil is arbitrarily defined as anyone they don't like: abortionists, terrorists, whatever). Capital punishment and even death for drug dealers are the Religious Right's agenda. And the bible-thumpers are the gun-toters.

According to 2017 Pew Research Center data analyzed for CT, white evangelicals are more likely than members of other faith groups or the average citizen to own a gun; 41 percent do, compared to 30 percent of Americans overall. https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/ ... oting.html

In this case, these Christians are not that blind but being rationally in response to the circumstances they are in.
Christianity do not advocate killing but if Christians ever kill they are taking their own risk of being slammed by Jesus. I believe they are taking the risk in that Jesus and God will forgive them if they have to kill in self-defense.

If the above stats is true, I don't read of ordinary Christians killing non-believers at the slightest offence against them.
Have you heard of Christians killing others for drawing cartoons of and insulting Jesus?
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Serendipper » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:19 am

Prismatic567 wrote:The only active God that sanctions the killing of non-believers within the slightest threats is that of Allah -the god is Islam. This is supported by many verses in the Quran.

True, but I could make an argument for Christianity causing almost all of our modern wars.

Jesus Christ = Christianity.

People's idea of what Christianity should be = Christianity.

Christians know less about their own bible than atheists. They just get their ideas from loud-mouthed arrogant people who claim to know.

Peruse this video and witness the casting off of reason and rationale in favor of faith:



No one preachers fire and brimstone like Schambach.

If you believe hard enough, then it's true. That's pretty much the idea of Christianity.

But "believing things" into reality is practicing to become a psychotic (hallucinations). It's like training a muscle: the brain practices thinking crazy and the condition feeds on itself as the brain becomes better and better at it.

So all that "Holier than thou", "I'm better than you" mentality is flexing the amygdala while leaving the insula to atrophy.

Note by the time God was associated with Jesus, God had become a pacifist.

True but the people didn't.

All said as above, it is impossible for God to exist as real.

Depends what you mean by god.

In this case, these Christians are not that blind but being rationally in response to the circumstances they are in.
Christianity do not advocate killing but if Christians ever kill they are taking their own risk of being slammed by Jesus. I believe they are taking the risk in that Jesus and God will forgive them if they have to kill in self-defense.

In self-defense, in defense of country, even if the country is doing something immoral.

Have you heard of Christians killing others for drawing cartoons of and insulting Jesus?

No but celebrity atheists get so many death threats that they need security detail.
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Prismatic567 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:38 am

Serendipper wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:The only active God that sanctions the killing of non-believers within the slightest threats is that of Allah -the god is Islam. This is supported by many verses in the Quran.

True, but I could make an argument for Christianity causing almost all of our modern wars.

It is not logical for Christianity per se to have caused all of our modern wars.
The authorized constitution of Christianity is the New Testament.
The NT do not provide sanction for Christians to go to war against non-Christians.
Instead the NT has an overriding pacifist maxim to 'to love [even] your enemies' which contradict with killing them.

You may argued, for example, the USA with a majority of Christians has been making wars all over the World.
But the USA is ruled by it own Constitution, not the NT.
The US Constitution is represented by the people of the USA which comprised of all religions and beliefs.
It would be false to accuse Christianity of making war because the US created many modern wars.



Jesus Christ = Christianity.

People's idea of what Christianity should be = Christianity.

Christians know less about their own bible than atheists. They just get their ideas from loud-mouthed arrogant people who claim to know.

Peruse this video and witness the casting off of reason and rationale in favor of faith:
...
No one preachers fire and brimstone like Schambach.

If you believe hard enough, then it's true. That's pretty much the idea of Christianity.

But "believing things" into reality is practicing to become a psychotic (hallucinations). It's like training a muscle: the brain practices thinking crazy and the condition feeds on itself as the brain becomes better and better at it.

So all that "Holier than thou", "I'm better than you" mentality is flexing the amygdala while leaving the insula to atrophy.

One must separate the ideology and beliefs from the acts of the believers.
One can only accuse the religion itself if its main holy texts command believers to go to war on non-believers.
Christianity, i.e. Jesus and God never commanded Christians to go to war with non-believers.

Note by the time God was associated with Jesus, God had become a pacifist.

True but the people didn't.

Note my point above.
One must separate the ideology and beliefs from the acts of the believers.
Many Christian priests committed acts of pedophilla and other scams on their innocent followers, that has nothing to do with Christianity per se but rather is their own evil human nature.

All said as above, it is impossible for God to exist as real.

Depends what you mean by god.
In this case it is the ultimate God which has to be the ontological God, i.e. a god than which no greater can exists.

In this case, these Christians are not that blind but being rationally in response to the circumstances they are in.
Christianity do not advocate killing but if Christians ever kill they are taking their own risk of being slammed by Jesus. I believe they are taking the risk in that Jesus and God will forgive them if they have to kill in self-defense.

In self-defense, in defense of country, even if the country is doing something immoral.

The point here is the Maxim within Christianity is 'Thou Shall Not Kill' period! no ifs nor buts.
Thus the default is Christians will not dare to kill unless they have no choice then hope for mercy from God in that they have VERY GOOD justifications to kill.

Note the contrast, in the Quran, Muslims are sanctioned and exhorted to kill upon the slightest threat to the religions. This is why Muslims will kill those who had drawn cartoons of Muhammad because that is threat to Islam as perceived.

Have you heard of Christians killing others for drawing cartoons of and insulting Jesus?

No but celebrity atheists get so many death threats that they need security detail.[/quote]
As I had stated, there are Christians who are by themselves evil and violent, but their evil nature has nothing to do with nor are condoned by Christianity itself.

Note again,
you must differentiate and separate the individual believer's inherent nature from the essence of Christianity the ideology.
The worst evil person on Earth can become a Christian easily and at anytime. If in the next moment he starts to kill others or commit evil and violent acts, it has nothing to do with Christianity per se.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Serendipper » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:53 am

Prismatic567 wrote:
Serendipper wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:The only active God that sanctions the killing of non-believers within the slightest threats is that of Allah -the god is Islam. This is supported by many verses in the Quran.

True, but I could make an argument for Christianity causing almost all of our modern wars.

It is not logical for Christianity per se to have caused all of our modern wars.
The authorized constitution of Christianity is the New Testament.
The NT do not provide sanction for Christians to go to war against non-Christians.
Instead the NT has an overriding pacifist maxim to 'to love [even] your enemies' which contradict with killing them.

You may argued, for example, the USA with a majority of Christians has been making wars all over the World.
But the USA is ruled by it own Constitution, not the NT.
The US Constitution is represented by the people of the USA which comprised of all religions and beliefs.
It would be false to accuse Christianity of making war because the US created many modern wars.

All religion is arrogance and that is the reason all religion lends itself to war. When people divide others into groups of good and bad, the good seeks to exterminate the bad.

I was a christian for over 20 years and was once on my way to being a preacher. I know these people better than I know myself; they are my friends, family, neighbors, and all I have ever known. Trust me when I say that you have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a christian who has ever read the bible (or any book really; they're not the sharpest lot). But even if you did manage to find a studied christian, he would distort verses to make them mean what he wants.

Jesus may have been a pacifist, but he wasn't a real person and instead was a character pieced together by scribes throughout the years who made him seem the way they wanted.

Jesus preached an impossible religion: Take no thought for the morrow, turn the other cheek, give all your money away, etc. No one can practice that, so it's disregarded as allegory or whatever. And then Jesus himself got angry and cast the jews from the temple. He damned the jews to hell. He told parables of casting tares into ovens, taking from the poor to give to the rich, paying unfair wages, and condoning slavery. He claimed to have come to split families apart. So the christian simply makes any religion he wants and finds verses in the bible to support it. That is why I say that christianity is whatever christians say it is; the bible is irrelevant.

Christians support capital punishment in spite of Jesus directly addressing the "eye for an eye" issue by saying "resist not evil".
Christians support death for drug dealers.
Christians support all the wars.
Christians do not support welfare and relish the suffering of the "lazy".
Christians do not support healthcare because someone who doesn't deserve it might benefit.
Christians do not support assisted suicide because killing is wrong, unless you're a drug dealer or a murderer, in which case you're no longer human, like socialists and communists are not humans.

Christians are the dumbest, most hypocritical, hateful, spiteful people on the planet.

One must separate the ideology and beliefs from the acts of the believers.
One can only accuse the religion itself if its main holy texts command believers to go to war on non-believers.
Christianity, i.e. Jesus and God never commanded Christians to go to war with non-believers.

The number of christians to have ever followed the ideology of christianity = zero. Including jesus himself (who never existed).

All said as above, it is impossible for God to exist as real.

Depends what you mean by god.
In this case it is the ultimate God which has to be the ontological God, i.e. a god than which no greater can exists.

The yahweh god doesn't exist, but what about the brahman?

In this case, these Christians are not that blind but being rationally in response to the circumstances they are in.
Christianity do not advocate killing but if Christians ever kill they are taking their own risk of being slammed by Jesus. I believe they are taking the risk in that Jesus and God will forgive them if they have to kill in self-defense.

In self-defense, in defense of country, even if the country is doing something immoral.

The point here is the Maxim within Christianity is 'Thou Shall Not Kill' period! no ifs nor buts.
Thus the default is Christians will not dare to kill unless they have no choice then hope for mercy from God in that they have VERY GOOD justifications to kill.

Note the contrast, in the Quran, Muslims are sanctioned and exhorted to kill upon the slightest threat to the religions. This is why Muslims will kill those who had drawn cartoons of Muhammad because that is threat to Islam as perceived.

I see the contrast you're pointing to, but the fact remains that christianity has caused much more suffering and death than islam. Remember, evil comes as an angel of light.

As I had stated, there are Christians who are by themselves evil and violent, but their evil nature has nothing to do with nor are condoned by Christianity itself.

There is no christianity itself. There is no one christian who agrees 100% with any other.

Is salvation possible to all or not?
Can you lose salvation and get saved again?
What about speaking in tongues and miracles?
Is the sabbath of saturday or sunday?
Can we work on the sabbath or not?
Is the Holy Spirit a person of God?
Has Jesus always existed or was he created?
Is the Father greater than Jesus?
The bible says to suffer not women to speak in church, so why are there women preachers?
On and on...

There are 100s of denominations just in the protestant sect: Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Baptist, Southern Baptist, Pentecostal, Church of God, Church of Christ, Jehovah's Witness, 7th Day Adventist, and that's just off the top of my head. And then within each church the people disagree with each other.

No one christian agrees 100% with any other and therefore there is no "christianity itself".
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Prismatic567 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:16 am

Serendipper wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:It is not logical for Christianity per se to have caused all of our modern wars.
The authorized constitution of Christianity is the New Testament.
The NT do not provide sanction for Christians to go to war against non-Christians.
Instead the NT has an overriding pacifist maxim to 'to love [even] your enemies' which contradict with killing them.

You may argued, for example, the USA with a majority of Christians has been making wars all over the World.
But the USA is ruled by it own Constitution, not the NT.
The US Constitution is represented by the people of the USA which comprised of all religions and beliefs.
It would be false to accuse Christianity of making war because the US created many modern wars.


All religion is arrogance and that is the reason all religion lends itself to war. When people divide others into groups of good and bad, the good seeks to exterminate the bad.

I was a christian for over 20 years and was once on my way to being a preacher. I know these people better than I know myself; they are my friends, family, neighbors, and all I have ever known. Trust me when I say that you have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a christian who has ever read the bible (or any book really; they're not the sharpest lot). But even if you did manage to find a studied christian, he would distort verses to make them mean what he wants.

Jesus may have been a pacifist, but he wasn't a real person and instead was a character pieced together by scribes throughout the years who made him seem the way they wanted.

Jesus preached an impossible religion: Take no thought for the morrow, turn the other cheek, give all your money away, etc. No one can practice that, so it's disregarded as allegory or whatever. And then Jesus himself got angry and cast the jews from the temple. He damned the jews to hell. He told parables of casting tares into ovens, taking from the poor to give to the rich, paying unfair wages, and condoning slavery. He claimed to have come to split families apart. So the christian simply makes any religion he wants and finds verses in the bible to support it. That is why I say that christianity is whatever christians say it is; the bible is irrelevant.

Christians support capital punishment in spite of Jesus directly addressing the "eye for an eye" issue by saying "resist not evil".
Christians support death for drug dealers.
Christians support all the wars.
Christians do not support welfare and relish the suffering of the "lazy".
Christians do not support healthcare because someone who doesn't deserve it might benefit.
Christians do not support assisted suicide because killing is wrong, unless you're a drug dealer or a murderer, in which case you're no longer human, like socialists and communists are not humans.

Christians are the dumbest, most hypocritical, hateful, spiteful people on the planet.

We are doing philosophy here and thus should not be victim of a Category Mistake.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_mistake

Thus we need to understand what is Christianity-proper and pseudo-Christianity.
Christianity-proper is the belief that is in accordance [grounded] to its Constitution, i.e. the NT of the Bible.

Thus a Christian in one who had entered into a covenant with the Christian God to comply with the NT to the best of one's ability and seek forgiveness for any unintended or no-choice sinful acts.

Thus if one intentionally disagree and disobeys the dogma of the NT, i.e. insist killing is right based on one's moral standards, then, that person cannot be a Christian.

However, a person is a Christian if one agree with NT core principles and obey the commands as much as possible but cannot resist sinning for various reasons then seek forgiveness and repent, one is still a Christian but with various degrees of shortfalls.

Thus when a Christian sinned, his sinful acts is not of Christianity but is due to his own human weakness. We cannot blame Christianity for his sins.


One must separate the ideology and beliefs from the acts of the believers.
One can only accuse the religion itself if its main holy texts command believers to go to war on non-believers.
Christianity, i.e. Jesus and God never commanded Christians to go to war with non-believers.

The number of christians to have ever followed the ideology of christianity = zero. Including jesus himself (who never existed).

In Christianity there is the core principles and the varied forms of commands and policies.
I bet the majority of Christians do comply with its core principles and the various commands.
Being humans obviously they will not be able to resist sinning and they are expected to ask for forgiveness.
Thus it is true there is not likely to have a 100% perfect Christian-proper, but if the majority are 75-80% compliant, they are still regarded as Christians.
But note, the sinful acts of Christians are not of Christianity-proper.

Note the contrast where there are commands in the Quran [core of Islam] where God sanctions the killing of non-Muslims under the vaguest threats and reasons. This is so evident where millions of non-Muslims has been killed in the name of God and as a divine duty of Muslims.


All said as above, it is impossible for God to exist as real.

In this case it is the ultimate God which has to be the ontological God, i.e. a god than which no greater can exists.

The yahweh god doesn't exist, but what about the brahman?[/quote]
Same with Brahman, the Absolute, and such is impossible to exist as real.

The point here is the Maxim within Christianity is 'Thou Shall Not Kill' period! no ifs nor buts.
Thus the default is Christians will not dare to kill unless they have no choice then hope for mercy from God in that they have VERY GOOD justifications to kill.

Note the contrast, in the Quran, Muslims are sanctioned and exhorted to kill upon the slightest threat to the religions. This is why Muslims will kill those who had drawn cartoons of Muhammad because that is threat to Islam as perceived.

I see the contrast you're pointing to, but the fact remains that christianity has caused much more suffering and death than islam. Remember, evil comes as an angel of light.

It is a fact the Christians has sinned against the NT when they kill non-Christians and other 'Christians'. It is not a fact that Christianity has killed or caused the suffering and deaths.
I'll will say, the sins of Christians are due to the human weaknessess and not due to Christianity-proper which does not condone killings of non-Christians.

Inspired by the holy texts, the Quran, Muslims has killed appx 80 millions of Indians over 1000 years of the conquest of India.

Christians may have killed many but not 80 millions, and such killings are due to the sinful acts [human weakness and nature] to the so-called Christian but that has nothing to do with Christianity-proper.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Prismatic567 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:44 am

Serendipper wrote:
As I had stated, there are Christians who are by themselves evil and violent, but their evil nature has nothing to do with nor are condoned by Christianity itself.

There is no christianity itself. There is no one christian who agrees 100% with any other.

As I had argued, there is definitely Christianity-proper.
Christianity-proper is that constitution which is objectively presented in the NT within the Bible.

All serious Christians will definitely with the core principles within the NT, e.g. Jesus is the Son of God and others.

What they disagree is their own interpretations of the various forms and policies within the NT.

Is salvation possible to all or not?
Can you lose salvation and get saved again?
What about speaking in tongues and miracles?
Is the sabbath of saturday or sunday?
Can we work on the sabbath or not?
Is the Holy Spirit a person of God?
Has Jesus always existed or was he created?
Is the Father greater than Jesus?
The bible says to suffer not women to speak in church, so why are there women preachers?
On and on...

Surely ALL serious Christians believe the Christian God exists and God will receive them in heaven with eternal life.

Surely no Christians will dispute this core belief, i.e. John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life. ... For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
-John 3:16


There are 100s of denominations just in the protestant sect: Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Baptist, Southern Baptist, Pentecostal, Church of God, Church of Christ, Jehovah's Witness, 7th Day Adventist, and that's just off the top of my head. And then within each church the people disagree with each other.

No one christian agrees 100% with any other and therefore there is no "christianity itself".

Christians may disagree among themselves in interpretations of various verses which are not core to the Christianity but such disagreements are not critical to prevent them from going to heaven with eternal life if they keep to the core beliefs, e.g. John 3:16 and others.

There is Christianity-proper in accordance to the Constitution with the NT.
There are no 100% Christian proper but being humans, the majority are at least likely to be 80% Christian-proper from 100% perfect Christianity-proper.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Serendipper wrote:Non-theists were likely killed throughout history which genetically selected for the obedient breed we are.
Non-conformists, whatever the dominant belief system. I think you are oversimplifying humans here and selection. I think nurture has a lot to do with our obedience. Tribes could often tolerate dissension, chiefs in the NA tribes were always encountering member urges not to be bossed around and held their positions only as long as people were for them. Once we got beyond tribes, we had to deal with people, for basic needs, whom we did not care about. Then we got leaders who focusing on nurture based training to maintain hierarchies. I mean, look at the modern school. Sit still, face in one direct, speak when spoken to, move when a bell sounds (after getting permission), regurgitate the right answers, run when we say. And then we are surprised people cannot think for themselves.

Also, poverty itself favors neurological "deformities" predisposing one to fear and hate. It requires an abundance of nutrition to grow and power the cerebral cortex.
Poverty can also give you experience of the BS up close and clear.
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Serendipper » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:01 am

Prismatic567 wrote:We are doing philosophy here and thus should not be victim of a Category Mistake.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_mistake

Thus we need to understand what is Christianity-proper and pseudo-Christianity.

There is no category other than affirmation: if you consider yourself a christian, then you are. Reading is not a requirement.

Christianity-proper is the belief that is in accordance [grounded] to its Constitution, i.e. the NT of the Bible.

And the number of christians who follow the bible is zero, so your category is empty.

Show me 1 christian who has given everything to the poor, took up his cross, and followed christ. Show me just 1.

In Christianity there is the core principles and the varied forms of commands and policies.
I bet the majority of Christians do comply with its core principles and the various commands.
Being humans obviously they will not be able to resist sinning and they are expected to ask for forgiveness.
Thus it is true there is not likely to have a 100% perfect Christian-proper, but if the majority are 75-80% compliant, they are still regarded as Christians.
But note, the sinful acts of Christians are not of Christianity-proper.

The compliant ones are coincidentally compliant. Christians could be 80% compliant with the precepts of Buddhism, but it wouldn't make them Buddhists.

Christians are simply people who say "I am Christian." Most have never read the bible and never will.

Note the contrast where there are commands in the Quran [core of Islam] where God sanctions the killing of non-Muslims under the vaguest threats and reasons. This is so evident where millions of non-Muslims has been killed in the name of God and as a divine duty of Muslims.

Contrast is noted and valid, but Christians have still killed more people.

Same with Brahman, the Absolute, and such is impossible to exist as real.

The absolute doesn't exist because there is nothing for it to exist in relation to, but obviously there must be a totality of everything with nothing outside. So either the totality goes on and on forever in infinity, which is absurd, or the totality is unitary and absolute.

It is a fact the Christians has sinned against the NT when they kill non-Christians and other 'Christians'. It is not a fact that Christianity has killed or caused the suffering and deaths.

If Christianity hadn't existed, then Hitler could not have committed atrocities. Stalin could not have committed atrocities.

Inspired by the holy texts, the Quran, Muslims has killed appx 80 millions of Indians over 1000 years of the conquest of India.

Christianity beat that in a mere decade https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Serendipper » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:16 am

Prismatic567 wrote:Surely ALL serious Christians believe the Christian God exists and God will receive them in heaven with eternal life.

Yes, that's about all they agree on.

Surely no Christians will dispute this core belief, i.e. John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life. ... For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
-John 3:16

No, we argued about that all the time. Is salvation possible to the whole world? One group argues that verse as evidence that salvation is possible to everyone, but "predestination" (or references to) are mentioned several times. Plus the parables and the Lamb's book of life which existed before the foundation of the world (your name was written in the book before the world existed). Plus in the book of Romans, Paul says that Pharaoh was created specifically to split hell wide open, just to show god's power. According to the bible, salvation is only possible to god's pets.

So right off the bat Christians are divided in half and then further divided on how to get to salvation, if it's even possible.

What can you do to be saved? One group says "nothing" and the other says "say this prayer".

Can you become unsaved? One group says yes and the other says no.

These are foundation disagreements.
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Serendipper » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:27 am

Karpel Tunnel wrote:
Serendipper wrote:Non-theists were likely killed throughout history which genetically selected for the obedient breed we are.
Non-conformists, whatever the dominant belief system. I think you are oversimplifying humans here and selection. I think nurture has a lot to do with our obedience. Tribes could often tolerate dissension, chiefs in the NA tribes were always encountering member urges not to be bossed around and held their positions only as long as people were for them. Once we got beyond tribes, we had to deal with people, for basic needs, whom we did not care about. Then we got leaders who focusing on nurture based training to maintain hierarchies. I mean, look at the modern school. Sit still, face in one direct, speak when spoken to, move when a bell sounds (after getting permission), regurgitate the right answers, run when we say. And then we are surprised people cannot think for themselves.

Also, poverty itself favors neurological "deformities" predisposing one to fear and hate. It requires an abundance of nutrition to grow and power the cerebral cortex.
Poverty can also give you experience of the BS up close and clear.

Yes, good point, school is primarily about obedience. But who designed the school system? Those genetically selected from centuries of feudal caste systems.

The ones in poverty don't grow up to fight poverty, but champion it for making them so strong. They support the caste system that enables the poverty that's so nutritious for people.
Serendipper
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: God is an Impossibility to be Real

Postby Prismatic567 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:28 am

Serendipper wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:We are doing philosophy here and thus should not be victim of a Category Mistake.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_mistake

Thus we need to understand what is Christianity-proper and pseudo-Christianity.

There is no category other than affirmation: if you consider yourself a christian, then you are. Reading is not a requirement.

If that is the case I can consider myself an American if I declare and affirm I am an American?
(Officially I am not an American).

Christianity-proper is the belief that is in accordance [grounded] to its Constitution, i.e. the NT of the Bible.

And the number of christians who follow the bible is zero, so your category is empty.

Show me 1 christian who has given everything to the poor, took up his cross, and followed christ. Show me just 1.

Note I mentioned adherence to the core principles e.g. John 3:16 and others.
Giving everything to the poor, took up his cross is not the core and imperative principles.


In Christianity there is the core principles and the varied forms of commands and policies.
I bet the majority of Christians do comply with its core principles and the various commands.
Being humans obviously they will not be able to resist sinning and they are expected to ask for forgiveness.
Thus it is true there is not likely to have a 100% perfect Christian-proper, but if the majority are 75-80% compliant, they are still regarded as Christians.
But note, the sinful acts of Christians are not of Christianity-proper.

The compliant ones are coincidentally compliant. Christians could be 80% compliant with the precepts of Buddhism, but it wouldn't make them Buddhists.

Christians are simply people who say "I am Christian." Most have never read the bible and never will.


Note this point;

It is important to understand that a person is not necessarily a Christian because he was born into a Christian nation, culture or home. Nobody in this world is naturally born a Christian.
Even though a person may associate with or approve of Christian principles, that does not make him a Christian.
There is no way that anybody can be a Christian by his own strength of character, willpower, knowledge, talents, sense of righteousness, or sensitive feelings.
https://activechristianity.org/who-is-a-christian

Even though a Christian may be compliant with the precepts of Buddhism, that does not make the person a Buddhist. To be officially a Buddhist one has to accept Buddha and the founder of Buddhism and accept the core teachings of the Buddha.

It is the same with a Christian, and what differentiate a Christian from other religions and practices is a Christian-proper believes in the core principles within the NT, e.g. John 3:16, Jesus is the son of God, Jesus was crucified, died and raised, and other critical doctrinal principles.

Note the contrast where there are commands in the Quran [core of Islam] where God sanctions the killing of non-Muslims under the vaguest threats and reasons. This is so evident where millions of non-Muslims has been killed in the name of God and as a divine duty of Muslims.

Contrast is noted and valid, but Christians have still killed more people.

Nope.
Those who happened to claim to be Christians may have killed people, but they did not kill in the name of Christ. Jesus never commanded Christians to kill non-Christians.

Same with Brahman, the Absolute, and such is impossible to exist as real.

The absolute doesn't exist because there is nothing for it to exist in relation to, but obviously there must be a totality of everything with nothing outside. So either the totality goes on and on forever in infinity, which is absurd, or the totality is unitary and absolute.

Obviously??? Who said so.
Either way past or forward we are faced with infinite regression which cannot be spoken of, thus as per Wittgenstein's 'Whereof we cannot speak, we must remain silent.'
Point is you [as with any others] as a fallible human being cannot conclude on a infinite regression.

It is a fact the Christians has sinned against the NT when they kill non-Christians and other 'Christians'. It is not a fact that Christianity has killed or caused the suffering and deaths.

If Christianity hadn't existed, then Hitler could not have committed atrocities. Stalin could not have committed atrocities.

This is one of the most irrational and ridiculous view I have ever come across.
It is obvious the acts of Hitler has nothing to do with the Christianity and the New Testament.
Come on, don't insult your own intelligence with the above statement.

Inspired by the holy texts, the Quran, Muslims has killed appx 80 millions of Indians over 1000 years of the conquest of India.

Christianity beat that in a mere decade https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Again this is ridiculous.
World War II has nothing to do with Christianity nor what it a theological war. There is no link betweeen the WWII and any religious commands from the New Testament.
World War II was mainly a political war.

The killing of 80 million Indians I mentioned was specifically linked to verses from the Quran, i.e. the religion of Islam.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users