Why there is belief in an afterlife

Quid pro quo, SM (you owe me answers too)

My conscious soul has transitioned away from my human body through astral projection. I’ve discussed this elsewhere on ILP.

We are made up of two bodies (the human meat sack and the conscious soul) that work in tandem while the meat sack remains in shape, but our meat sacks wear out (ages) while our souls do not (wear out or age). Through astral projection, my soul has traveled away from my human body, no longer residing in a certain location within the meat sack. During my travels I visited other planes of existence for souls only (no objects, no meat sacks), locations made purely of emotional energies which could be reckoned with a Heaven of gold feeling like Peace and a Hell of darkness feeling like Hopelessness. I was very awake, very conscious, but not using my physical human body to see, to feel, to experience these happenings and places.

I no longer believe that there is an afterlife, it’s all the soul’s eternal life. Being human (once or repeatedly, the same life looped and/or different lives throughout Earth’s existence) may be a mere distraction from the lot called infinity. Right now, mankind knows nothing of significance regarding their affairs (other than slants found in contradicting history books and research findings/studies, religious books included centering on their meat bag), but I don’t believe that mankind (the meat form) is of significance, our conscious souls are what’s important, but human life distracts 99.9% of the people from truly investigating other possibilities of what we may actually be beyond flesh and blood. In a nut shell, that is your answer.

So where does God fit into all this?

He created us and the Earth plane. Those planes of emotion may be aspects of His consciousness. Souls (which appear white like ghosts) are trapped in Hopelessness. I didn’t see anyone on the Peace plane, but I didn’t look up either and there was more to it above me.

OK

I will do some research into this ‘astral projection’?

Notice too that versions of it are found in most religions.

Do you not think that astral projection is just another higher state of consciousness like all the others
As you can also leave your mind when you meditate or dream or hallucinate so what is the difference

What astral projects is your conscious soul and you never leave your mind, but you do leave your human body. To me, dreams are crazy movies piped in from where, I don’t know, but you aren’t leaving your mind or your body while you are having them, same goes for hallucinations. Not exactly sure about meditation for my process to astral project goes significantly beyond meditation which may be a state of mind before it separates from the physical body.

my thoughts exactly. arc, my consciousness seems to be merging into yours, mind meld as they say.

I have absolutely no interest in meeting any hot woman let alone Aphrodite who was sent here to destroy civilisation
I plan on remaining sane and single till the day I die and then plan on spending the rest of eternity simply being dead

Once again, we have evolved to believe in futures. As for afterlives, I prefer reincarnation as the most morally unobjectionable. It solves the problem of justice deferred.
Asking for proof in such matters is like asking a frog why it cannot speak English.

aphrodite is a fictional character and they were sent here to destroy toxic masculinity and embrace love, not destroy civilization

You can have an acid trip that convinces you you have left your body. You can have a Near Death Experience that does it too. Any altered brain state will. And so
why must astral projection be different? Do you think an observer watching you astrally project would actually see you leave your body? Do you think an observer
watching you trip or have an NDE would actually see you leave your body? I my self can very easily imagine leaving my body without tripping or NDEing or astrally
projecting. But I will still be inside my body when doing so. What is projecting here is the mind and only the mind. The body goes nowhere. It remains where it is

Some special folks believe because they literally see the the future. I have had a brief premonition.

Yes, the mind is the conscious soul and it has its own subtle body that travels outside of the physical body, but once it travels outside of the physical body it is no longer part of the Earth dimension and that is why it is not visible.

And what was that premonition. And how will you explain it away if is then shown to be false
And do you know of anyone else who has had one which turned out exactly as they predicted

I cannot understand why a soul cannot travel by itself but needs a body to travel in
Especially when something which is way simpler such as a photon can do it so easily

Consciousness is it’s own body, but I’m not sure of what it is made of.

I dreamed that I owned a white dog in a specific unfamiliar location when at the time of the dream, my son was a black dog. Owning a white dog disconcerted me so much that it made me remember that white dog dream. A year and a half or so later, my black dog died unexpectedly, I adopted a white dog, Joker and I met on ILP and moved in together into our own place…and that location was the location in which I saw the white dog for a second time as it actually unfolded as reality.

Let’s ask the folks here if they have had any precognitive/premonition-based experiences that they could share. Any such experiences people of ILP?

You think that consciousness is energy and so is that what it is made from

I like this but for me it is just coincidence and nothing else. You may have had many more dreams where nothing that happened in them had any bearing on reality