Gender Divide

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Moderator: Only_Humean

Forum rules
Forum Philosophy

Re: Gender Divide

Postby newegg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:37 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:No ur bad.

sometimes but not right now.
newegg
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Re: Gender Divide

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:39 am

Ur dumb
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Divide

Postby newegg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:39 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Ur dumb


incorrect. i have a high iq
newegg
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Re: Gender Divide

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:40 am

U have low iq
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Divide

Postby newegg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:44 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:U have low iq


incorrect. my iq is higher than 153. I took the test, but took a ten minute break. It gave me only a measly 153. Had I not took the ten minute break, i probably would have got 170 or something.
newegg
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Re: Gender Divide

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:52 am

you say ur smart but u dont act like smart
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Divide

Postby newegg » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:21 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:you say ur smart but u dont act like smart


act smart? smart equals results. facts. logics. wisdoms. all of which i provide in large doses
newegg
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Re: Gender Divide

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:59 pm

You're another woman-victim.


We ALL are at times, both men and women alike. Have I been at times? Yes, I have been and I suppose that there will be other times when I will be until I suddenly become aware of *where I am at* and *what I am doing to myself* in the moment.


My words are not for you and your ilk
.

But I still have the freedom to respond to your post to me.

If a woman were proud of herself, if she were raised by a strong father, then she would never give-in to victim complex and slave-mentality.

Well then that leaves me out of the equation since I was not raised by any father.
Human beings are complex and we are not perfect creatures. Our psyches are not totally 100% perfect, balanced, self-aware in every moment. There are any number of things which might tend to make us lose awareness or weaken us in the moment; for instance, what we consider to *be* love but which is just physical attraction, lust, masochism, having a bad day, being distracted by many things in the normal course of a day.

Love and attention IS very important and for a women, especially given by a mother as an example of what it means to be a woman. But again, we are all so imperfect.


She would refuse to be a victim.


Hopefully, yes, she would rise to that occasion. But self awareness is not something which is automatically given to us when we need it - at least I do not believe it is. It can be a process, a vertical one. But each time I do intuit that the climb is quicker and easier.

She would defend herself, and her honor.


Are you talking about a physical attack here or any attack, verbal or otherwise.
Can you give me another word for *honor* in this case.

She would know men, through her father.


A woman, if she is lucky enough, can also come to know what a genuine caring man is from coming in contact with other *real* caring humane men.

However this is rare.


Unfortunately you may correct in this day and age. But there are those rare men. That is why they are called rare.

And this is not you.


No it is not. I am quite aware of the journey which I have been on and I would not trade it for anything. But we are lucky at times when something or other sends someone to us which when we need to learn some lessons or need to discover who we are.

I know victim-mentality too well, now.


So, are you part of the problem or part of the solution when you come face to face with it. Are you helpful toward women or are you a force for destruction?

Most 'modern' women are victims, weaklings, stupid.


Okay, that just answered the above question. :mrgreen:

Yes I am a misogynist in that I do not respect women who cling to victim-hood.


Do you ever try to find out how a women came to that place?
Personally, I think that it takes a really strong man who knows himself to see a woman like the above and not be afraid to see value within her, not be afraid to find and bring out that value.


But I am a woman-lover with those women in the world, rarer, who have self-worth, who have pride,


I am not so sure that that is being a woman love not in the true sense of the world.
Have you ever tried to question what it is that will not allow you to embrace the imperfections in women?
Is it perhaps that deep dark shadow side within you? We all have one.

who have something (Chastity) worth defending.


lol Nice to meet you, Sir Lancelot.

You are not like those women. You are not of the ilk. Most women do not have something worth defending, and hate themselves, appropriately. Most women are "victims".


We all have something worth defending. Many women (and men) have just not discovered it unfortunately due to their fathers or their mothers. Women will not value their selves if they cannot see something of value. So why do you not help them?


Fatherless. Without pride. Without self-love. Without self-confidence. Without self-worth.


Nature is bountiful and is capable of teaching us many things, can pull things out of us which we did not realize were there.
Also, fortunately for us, there are those around us who can teach us about ourselves, show us a different glimpse in the mirror other than the one formed by those who themselves needed one to teach them.



There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self. ~Hindu Proverb
Joseph Joubert ~~

It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.


The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.


“We love repose of mind so well, that we are arrested by anything which has even the appearance of truth; and so we fall asleep on clouds.”


You have to be like the pebble in the stream, keeping the grain and rolling along without being dissolved or dissolving anything else.
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 15190
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: A state of unknowing

Re: Gender Divide

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:57 pm

newegg wrote:act smart? smart equals results. facts. logics. wisdoms. all of which i provide in large doses

can u present some more results, facts, logics, and wisdom? i want to see it
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Divide

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:Are you helpful toward women or are you a force for destruction?

I used to be helpful when I was young, when I was a child. I had idealism back then. I believed in "the good". But as an adult, after connecting the dots, after acquiring wisdom, I know more of "the truth". And truth is: Many/Most cannot be helped. It's not a matter of helping. Here's a quick point for you to make sense of things. I can't "help" that modern women, girls, are born as bastards and fatherless (like you-yourself have no father). That's not a matter of my choosing. I suppose that a man could turn into a religious leader, head a cult, try to re-instill moral and family values. But even then, I don't necessarily believe that either. Because nature is powerful. Even if you, hypothetically, changed social values so that more girls had more fathers or father-figures, more morality and family-values, then would it stay that way, or just be temporary? It would just be temporary. Because you can't change people's natures, at least, not indefinitely.

You can exert a great pressure to pervert and twist a person's nature around into circles. But once you let go of that exertion, the person's nature returns to its original form. Same with genetics. So even if you could boost social fatherhood, if you took away the artificial boost, then people (women) would return to their bastard roots. There is a strong undercurrent, reason, and causation, underneath fatherless progeny. It's biological. It's sociological. It's pathological.

Quite frankly, there's very few reasons and benefits to "help women". Because, again, it means that you are a victim. You are not (already) "helping yourself". Thus you are a dependent. And mankind is independent. This is what your language suggests. And it's correct. Thus how could anybody ever hope to "change" humanity when the cost is too great, when it would be temporary at best, and when there are few (or no) beneficial reasons to?

I'm considering more 'Destructive' methods. Being "good" all the time is a childish, naive proposition. There is more fun in being "bad" and "evil".


Here's my greater point: if a woman truly wanted independence and autonomy, then she would already be striving and struggling to attain it, on her own, of her own volition. She would not need a man's help, or anybody's. Certainly not mine. So that is what I mean when I say that I would (and do) respect such women, rare as they are. Coincidentally, "ironically?", such women almost always have strong biological father-figures. Thus such women take after her father's guise as a matter of Pride. In this way, pride cannot be underestimated.

Pride = Self-love, Self-confidence, Self-esteem.


Arcturus Descending wrote:We all have something worth defending.

This is another childish idealism, a feel-good dream. Reality exemplifies the opposite. Not all life is worth living. Not all life has value. People take away, negate, steal, destroy each-other's value on a daily basis. Nature is Predatory, dog-eat-dog. Those who have something worth defending, have fought and struggled to build it up. That is the fact of life. To level it all down with "we are all valuable, all worthy" is an insult. It's an insult to those who build amazing things for themselves, who achieve excellence, who win big, who succeed in life. It's an insult to the winners of life.

And it also implies that "it's okay to be a loser". Maybe to you, that's acceptable. Not to me. The loser-mentality is an anchor, a dead-weight. There is no "worth defending" about that. It's the winners who have most to lose.

For example, can you build up $1,000,000 in assets from nothing? Do you have what it takes? Probably not. Most people cannot build very high from nothing. Those who are rich, are usually so, because they are born into wealth, and inherit it.

So it goes with Pride too (some are born into it, most others, are not).
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Divide

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:47 am

You know.. I rarely feel the gender divide. It is not always apparent and in your face.. especially where it has been replaced by social etiquette, which always replaces the more primal 'thinks n feels' that would otherwise be there.
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17295
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Re: Gender Divide

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:27 am

MagsJ wrote:You know.. I rarely feel the gender divide. It is not always apparent and in your face.. especially where it has been replaced by social etiquette, which always replaces the more primal 'thinks n feels' that would otherwise be there.

Modern society, and the feminization (Emasculation) of mankind, forces everybody, men and women alike, to become more 'feminine'.

Thus you are made to be ashamed of any 'masculine' markings. If you, or anybody, departs or escapes from "Modernity", then you would be free to unleash, unmask, and demonstrate the more 'masculine' aspect.

Sexual promiscuity, for example, is a masculine trait.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Gender Divide

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Urwrongx1000
I believed in "the good". But as an adult, after connecting the dots, after acquiring wisdom, I know more of "the truth". And truth is: Many/Most cannot be helped.

I might say *many* not *most*. But then again, we cannot really know this until we have tried. There is still the good though sometimes we have to dig hard or deep for it. So, let us not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Adults are supposed to acquire wisdom as they *grow up*. We are supposed to *come to more consciousness*, to have more awareness of what is real and what is fantasy or wishful thinking.

It's not a matter of helping. Here's a quick point for you to make sense of things. I can't "help" that modern women, girls, are born as bastards and fatherless (like you-yourself have no father).


True. That is the reality but hopefully there may come a time when you, yourself, can *help* in NOT allowing a girl or boy to be as you call a bastard or fatherless. You can control your own neck of the woods.

Let me ask you a question. How would the adult who you are now respond to a little 9 year old girl who just happened to casually tell you that she had no Daddy and she did not know where her Daddy was. She never knew him. Would you take the time to seize the opportunity to say *something* to her, to encourage her, have a short conversation with her which might make some difference to her in the future ~~ impacting her life in some strong way?

Can you have any idea how your words might eventually *save* her? Do you believe in possibilities and the idea of being in the right place at the right time?

https://eventsforchange.wordpress.com/2 ... the-world/
That last line is very profound and poignant to me.


That's not a matter of my choosing. I suppose that a man could turn into a religious leader, head a cult, try to re-instill moral and family values.


That would depend on what type of individual the religious leader was. Many have fallen from so-called grace. I would run from the head of a cult.

But even then, I don't necessarily believe that either. Because nature is powerful. Even if you, hypothetically, changed social values so that more girls had more fathers or father-figures, more morality and family-values, then would it stay that way, or just be temporary? It would just be temporary. Because you can't change people's natures, at least, not indefinitely.


I am not so sure of that. That would depend on the type of individual someone is and on how willing they are to evolve, rise to consciousness and self-awareness, struggle to go against the grain of their learned patterns. I think that our own particular genes can also help the cause of our transforming our natures. I intuit that it is very possible but of course not for everyone, not for those who are just hard-wired all wrong, like the sadists, psychopaths, sociopaths, lol...enough.

You can exert a great pressure to pervert and twist a person's nature around into circles. But once you let go of that exertion, the person's nature returns to its original form.


You are using the words *pervert* and *twist* here. I am not sure of the nature of either of these individuals you are speaking of. Would someone who is trying to bring about good *pervert* and *twist* another individual? Sounds like a puppeteer to me. There are boundaries which one ought to be careful about crossing, no?

But I will say here that unless a person is Willing and makes the conscious effort him/her -self to change, I can agree with you that it will all unravel. It is a process which cannot be forced ~ the way I look at it.

So even if you could boost social fatherhood, if you took away the artificial boost, then people (women) would return to their bastard roots.


I do not understand this. What do these bastard roots look like to you?
You seem to enjoy using the word *bastard*. I myself use the term in relation to something or someone in an entirely different way.

Quite frankly, there's very few reasons and benefits to "help women". Because, again, it means that you are a victim. You are not (already) "helping yourself".


Well, I could think of one ~ to perpetuate the human race.
Your kind of logic is lost on me. Are you saying here that you would not reach out to help a woman since because she is a victim, she is not helping herself? Is this not why we human beings help one another? Your thinking seems quite flawed to me here.

Now if you are speaking about a victim, MAN or WOMAN, who refuses to help their self, who wants to just wallow in his or her victim and masochistic experience,then that is something else. But then again, even there, do you not think that that victim needs help -- unless of course he/she simply enjoys their masochism? That you could walk away from. Anyway, we are not doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, priests - better people than you and I could probably do better in the helping.

Thus you are a dependent
.
A person who is dependent does need help in my book. Why do you think there are places which help addicted people, drug addicts, alcoholics, gamblers, sex addicts? Are we to set them to the wolves simply because they are dependent or do we allow ourselves to try to help them see where they can become more independent and autonomous?

And mankind is independent.

I do not quite think so. I am with John Donne on this. No Man is an Island. We are inter-dependent ...
No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

Thus how could anybody ever hope to "change" humanity when the cost is too great, when it would be temporary at best, and when there are few (or no) beneficial reasons to?


What would the cost be to changing humanity and how would YOU go about it? One way in which people have tried to change humanity is by seizing power and drawing everyone to their knees.

Thank goodness that ALL of those human beings who did heroic things and made such a difference down through history over time did not think as the pessimist or the nihilist and did not give in to futile thoughts.

I'm considering more 'Destructive' methods.

Can there be any more destructive methods than we humans have already used?

Being "good" all the time is a childish, naive proposition. There is more fun in being "bad" and "evil".

What do you consider to be bad and evil?

Here's my greater point: if a woman truly wanted independence and autonomy, then she would already be striving and struggling to attain it, on her own, of her own volition.


I suppose that she could strive and struggle. She might also practice more consciousness and self-awareness in the moment under particular situations.

She would not need a man's help, or anybody's. Certainly not mine
.

Hmmm...I do not necessarily think that women and men never need one another's help. That does not mean that they have to be dependent or needy. I do think that we are inter-dependent and those who do not see this ~~ those who think that they themselves are completely independent perhaps on some deep unconscious level realize themselves to be just the opposite ~~ dependent.

But no ~~ a woman would certainly not need your help ~~ as you appear to suggest. lol

So that is what I mean when I say that I would (and do) respect such women, rare as they are.


Why do you seem to be afraid of imperfections? No one is perfect and always has it all together. But I do understand that we cannot really respect everyone especially those who do not deserve respect. It is a question of personal preference but at the same time objectivity ~~ if that made any sense.

Coincidentally, "ironically?", such women almost always have strong biological father-figures.

Why do you seem to discount human evolution?

Thus such women take after her father's guise as a matter of Pride. In this way, pride cannot be underestimated.


A matter of pride or of seeking her father's approval?
There IS also that pride which goes before the fall?
Personal human evolution, adaptability, transcending one's chaotic and tragic life's history, the courage to be and to transform and re-create a different life ~~ these things can also not be underestimated.

Not all life is worth living. Not all life has value.

This is true. Where there is no quality of life left.

People take away, negate, steal, destroy each-other's value on a daily basis.

True but does this mean that we ought not try to defend those values which we believe in and have experienced?

Nature is Predatory, dog-eat-dog.

It can be. This is true but as long as we are aware of this, can we not transcend that?

Those who have something worth defending, have fought and struggled to build it up.That is the fact of life.

True. For instance?

To level it all down with "we are all valuable, all worthy" is an insult.


I do think that this comes down to an individual thing. I personally do not think in this way but I also think that we have to look where someone has come from, what opportunities have NOT been given to them in an objective way. I suppose my question might be: Can they become valuable and worthy? Perhaps people who speak that way above are talking about inherent human rights.

The loser-mentality is an anchor, a dead-weight. There is no "worth defending" about that.

I agree with this.
Joseph Joubert ~~

It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.


The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.


“We love repose of mind so well, that we are arrested by anything which has even the appearance of truth; and so we fall asleep on clouds.”


You have to be like the pebble in the stream, keeping the grain and rolling along without being dissolved or dissolving anything else.
User avatar
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
 
Posts: 15190
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: A state of unknowing

Re: Gender Divide

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:
MagsJ wrote:You know.. I rarely feel the gender divide. It is not always apparent and in your face.. especially where it has been replaced by social etiquette, which always replaces the more primal 'thinks n feels' that would otherwise be there.
Modern society, and the feminization (Emasculation) of mankind, forces everybody, men and women alike, to become more 'feminine'.

Thus you are made to be ashamed of any 'masculine' markings. If you, or anybody, departs or escapes from "Modernity", then you would be free to unleash, unmask, and demonstrate the more 'masculine' aspect.

Sexual promiscuity, for example, is a masculine trait.

Perhaps I live in a more relaxed social environment, but I don't feel a pressure to conform to a certain level of femininity.. infact, I could think of nothing worse. :puke-front:

Is it artificial hormones that are feminising the world, or the media? I think the former, and the media has picked up on it as the latest thing. The more feminine/girly the girl is, the more that males think that they can play that female.. the less feminine/girly the girl is, the more that males think that that female is a hard nut that must be cracked.. the uncracked nuts move up to the next level of difficulty.
Image
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist
 
Posts: 17295
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: London, NC1

Previous

Return to Philosophy



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users