White countries need White Shariah

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: White countries need White Shariah

Postby surreptitious75 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:25 pm

Muslim patrols in London on You Tube telling anybody with alcohol not to drink it in Muslim areas [ which is not always appreciated ]
They also disapprove of women who dress inappropriately because in Islam they have to be modest when ever they are out in public
Am surprised you dont know this as a Conservative though it wont be happening in your Islington which is also Corbyns constituency
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:54 pm

surreptitious75 wrote:Muslim patrols in London on You Tube telling any one with alcohol not to drink it in Muslim areas [ which is not always appreciated ]

Drinking alcohol outside and on LT services has been prohibited for a number of years now, so the above shouldn't be contended and is therefore irrelevant.. unless your a homeless drink, that is.

They also disapprove of women who dress inappropriately because in Islam they have to be modest when ever they are out in public

I've never dressed/don't dress inappropriately (which is not solely reserved for the Muslim faith) but more reflective of my Roman Catholic/strict Caribbean upbringing, so them preaching to the converted is not just unnecessary but insulting.

Does a female (or a male for that matter) appreciate being approached at night? Are we not entitled to our personal space in public, as well as they? Social etiquette in public spaces is one thing, but so is preserving ones' right for ones' personal space in the public arena.

I am surprised you do not know this as a Conservative though it wont be happening in your Islington which is also of course Corbyns constituency

So are you saying that the incident was more 'roving creep' than 'sharia patrol'?

Corbyn and Khan are close, and Khan has been very visible in the Constituency of late.. asking residents of their concerns and local needs, so I'm not going to make a judgement call too hastily.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby lordoflight » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:45 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Does a female (or a male for that matter) appreciate being approached at night? Are we not entitled to our personal space in public, as well as they? Social etiquette in public spaces is one thing, but so is preserving ones' right for ones' personal space in the public arena.

Unlike most american females, most American males are actually grateful for attention from the other sex.
lordoflight

Postby barbarianhorde » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:50 pm

I said something but then I deleted it.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:34 pm

lordoflight wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Does a female (or a male for that matter) appreciate being approached at night? Are we not entitled to our personal space in public, as well as they? Social etiquette in public spaces is one thing, but so is preserving ones' right for ones' personal space in the public arena..

Unlike most american females, most American males are actually grateful for attention from the other sex.

So he appreciated my (negative) response? Cool..

In a social setting, yeah sure.. on a semi-deserted street approaching midnight? Nah ta!

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:36 pm

barbarianhorde wrote:I said something but then I deleted it.

Now I'm intrigued, as I didn't get to read it.. you can DM me it if you want. ;)

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:06 am

I don't disagree with their sentiment, but in the way they are going about it.. the laws on prohibition have changed since those videos were uploaded, but there are still aspects of the streets that need to be cleaned up.

Neighbourhood Watch and Sharia Watch.. sound like one and the same, but mummy told us not to talk to strangers, and talk to strangers we don't.. heck, I don't even talk to anyone most days because I don't want to, and that is my prerogative to have.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics