Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Use this forum to suggest topics, and to find others to debate with.

Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:22 pm

I challenge Carleas to a debate of all things philosophical and relating to any area thereof found to be on these boards in terms of psychology, theology, philosophy on its own, science and technology. Recognizing him as unofficial monarch/ruler of these forums and not wishing to take ownership of said message board from him, the challenge is for unofficial titles only. The guidelines for me: no swearing, bully tactics, use of mysticism or supernatural affectations, tearing apart his arguments whether I believe they have holes in them or not and any further such stipulations as may be agreed by him and others to cause me to 'lose'. Guidelines for him: no holds barred.
Are we gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:46 am

This will end poorly.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25420
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Golden Turd » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:53 am

Prepare for some 007 Golden Eye gifs in your PM box from Carleas, I've tried reporting his posts in the past, nothing works. You've been warned.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Image

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
User avatar
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 am
Location: Apparently Well Up Manical Mongoose's Ass

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:13 am

A debate between the two could certainly improve the entertainment quality of the site.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby Carleas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:22 pm

I don't think this is a good prompt for a real debate, but I would be happy to engage you in an open-ended discussion in another forum (could be Philosophy, could be Rant, depending on how much rigor you're interested in).
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 5665
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Golden Turd » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:49 pm

I told you all he is intentionally undermining this section. Clearly was called out for a debate, dodged it. He think's he is Neo dodging bullets.

Random Factor is declared the winner, cause Carleas is the quitter.
Support "The Angels of East Africa" on smile.Amazon.com it is free to do, they donate 0.05% of your purchase cost to them, or give donations directly via:

http://www.machinegunpreacher.org

Image

Recently hidden post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=192227&p=2649513#p2649513
User avatar
The Golden Turd
Fucking Unflushable
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 am
Location: Apparently Well Up Manical Mongoose's Ass

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:17 pm

A refusal of challenge is an admission of defeat. It is one thing to sit in the background and watch and learn while avoiding confrontation and to form your analyses and conjectures without hands on experience and quite another to be caught up in the moment and whether your analyses and conjectures are right or wrong, become wrong and prove to be unfully fleshed when faced by the heat of the moment as your brain becomes useless and forces you to act in the moment without your answers.

One thing to be an observer interacting on such terms than to be more than watcher and observer and entering the fray yourself. It is why I never had much interest in sitting on a throne or being King or ruler or being forced into a position of administrative staff where I am unable to act in the capacity needed that so many would refuse to allow such positions to act in.

It is far worse to be God and unable act without disillusioning followers and believers and spoiled angels than to be simply just a man no matter how many try to slander, misconstrue, badmouth and make out to be a devil. Free to fight or enslaved to a very perilous position of inactivity and trapped by those who allow you to think so highly of yourself.

It's not all beautiful, Carleas.
Are we gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:14 am

Random Factor wrote:A refusal of challenge is an admission of defeat.



False.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 25420
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:33 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Random Factor wrote:A refusal of challenge is an admission of defeat.



False.


Correct, some times it isn't, on the occasion when a challenge itself is fallacious. This is not such a fallacious challenge, however and a refusal to accept said challenge is an admittance of a defeat that was already had prior to this occasion when I asked him to explain to me his theories and works and he refused.

But, next time, I do expect more than one word from you or any other. What I explained should have been what you were capable of explaining. Things require more than just a single word to prove them as fact.
Are we gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby Carleas » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:22 pm

I'm happy to discuss things with you, we can even call it a debate. But it's not good grist for a Debate forum debate.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 5665
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby iambiguous » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:41 pm

In the interim, may I propose a challenge?

This one:

That Random and Turd discuss and debate the true nature of God.

After all, once that is established all of the other factors in the OP ought to fall right in line.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 26569
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Not good grist. You say you'd be happy to discuss, but already turned that down when I offered you the chance to. You saying so here and now is just to make yourself look better without any real intention to have discussion. Complete bullshit sentiment.

Iambiguous' suggestion is more aimed towards seeing a senseless argument in verbal brawling fashion than anything resembling a debate. I'm not interested in gladiatorial combat. I'm tired of so nany things turning my attempts at conversation and communication into that. Not tired enough to be done fighting things that should be fought, but thoroughly sick and tired of the depravity of so many.

But the sheer fact of the moment is that Carleas has not spent one day earning a single victory in this colosseum and would rather discuss than fight and is of the same mind I am in that at least, to have the sense enough to know that since he has not the experience of a veteran fighter, that all of his reason in such a conversation between us here would cause him to directly face too many things that would turn it into another brawl whether he had better reason at the start or not and would have him lose in too many ways.

And, he has rather largely assumed that I meant to fight him since the term debate has been long believed to be about arguing and fighting. It has long since pushed actual discussion out of the scene to be about those things.

And, since carleas has not spent one day in the colosseum and if he has under another name, he has not done so for right reason and lacks the experience of fighting with right reason, which would be the guise he would prefer Carleas to have, he would be at a complete loss to even claim to be able to relate.

And, any person that would make the claim, even if not directly making it, of owning better reason or rationality than another while refusing to prove it in the context of a situation such as this as being called to prove his worth by someone who has had to fight for everything, would already have lost. They would already be showing the fallibility of their own reasoning for being caught in a lie that isn't a direct lie because they lack the courage of even that and shows even further their inability to rule or even earn and command respect. And such an owner of such a place designed for philosophy who can not be respected is not doing right by it when he would sit back and let another clean up the messes in his property, in his house and think to any length that it would still be his property, his house, just because he paid to keep it running. That, at any point that he assumed he could keep his mouth shut and let someone else do his work only to reenter at any time and have anyone respect his philosophies or rationalities or refusals to perform, that he assumed far too much since he would have failed to account for the reasoning that states that he must fight to earn respect.

Keep your administrator status. Keep running this message board. Keep keeping your mouth shut and fuming inwardly and playing your games of sleight of hand, deception and manipulation to frivolous ends. Just don't forget the real power that walked through.

I have proved every claim I've made, proved every theory I've ever posited and have won every argument and fight through the sheer determination to not be dragged down too far and to continue pushing forth what I would rather see of the progression of ideas and concepts against the stranglehold of belligerence, hate and irrationality.

To enter any contest with me at all would be to enter into a losing battle. To not enter at all is to lose. I win even while I lose and win even while I win and win even when I turn down challenges and win even while refusing to adapt or learn and while so many have tried to imitate or duplicate my successes throughout time and space, have only managed to create pale mockeries, caused themselves to be doomed and fated to massive failures.

And the fact of that still not causing me to have any failure or loss due to so many things in so many ways, is still a victory of mine. I don't even have to convince myself that I win, because I still don't enjoy the victory, it leaves a sour taste to an extent and is still a greater victory than anyone or anything else in eternity will ever know. And, I get to wear it. I deserved it, earned it, have the glory I never chased that is just empty glory for the tragedies and the suffering and the pain.

And, even you, Carleas, wanted the glory that is mine without having to earn it. Even you failed the test.
Are we gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby iambiguous » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:38 pm

Random Factor wrote:Iambiguous' suggestion is more aimed towards seeing a senseless argument in verbal brawling fashion than anything resembling a debate. I'm not interested in gladiatorial combat. I'm tired of so nany things turning my attempts at conversation and communication into that. Not tired enough to be done fighting things that should be fought, but thoroughly sick and tired of the depravity of so many.


An argument makes sense [to me] given the extent to which one is able to close the gap between what they profess to believe [or claim to know] is true "in their head" and that which they are able to demonstrate that all reasonable men and women are obligated to believe/to know in turn.

You and Turd either believe in a God, the God, my God or you do not.

You and Turd are either able to demonstrate to others the existence of this God or you are not.

You and Turd are either able to connect the dots between God on this side of the grave and God on the other side of the grave or you are not.

Otherwise you are just two more "true believers" taking a leap of faith to one or another historical, cultural and experiential rendition of God.

And there are dozens of them already.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 26569
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:31 pm

I've already proven myself to be God incarnate in the flesh beyond the shadow of reasonable doubt and have even gone so far as to have you believe it. Do you also expect me to be able to force you to admit it as if that were part of it, that if you simply refuse to admit it, then it stops being True?

And that is where turtle is different. I've proved my god exists by being my god in the flesh as it still exists outside of the flesh and thus have even proven to be turtles' god, turtle is unable to prove the existence of his god because he simply doesn't need to. His god has a strong tendency of proving his own existence. As to make you admit It? Openly? I'm sure that your admittance is not that important and that you believe regardless.
Are we gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby iambiguous » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Random Factor wrote:I've already proven myself to be God incarnate in the flesh beyond the shadow of reasonable doubt and have even gone so far as to have you believe it. Do you also expect me to be able to force you to admit it as if that were part of it, that if you simply refuse to admit it, then it stops being True?

And that is where turtle is different. I've proved my god exists by being my god in the flesh as it still exists outside of the flesh and thus have even proven to be turtles' god, turtle is unable to prove the existence of his god because he simply doesn't need to. His god has a strong tendency of proving his own existence. As to make you admit It? Openly? I'm sure that your admittance is not that important and that you believe regardless.



Gee, no wonder Carleas is scared to debate you!! :wink:
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 26569
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: baltimore maryland

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Not scared to debate me, scared of losing himself in doing so when hed rather discuss things on a conversational level, and such fear is not weakness nor is it unjustified.
Are we gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby Carleas » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:11 pm

It's true. I am fearful and weak. How am I supposed to hold my own before god himself?

Thanks for gracing our humble site with your presence, your majesty.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 5665
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:15 pm

Then why don't you actually 'debate' and discuss Things? At the very least, all I said was that you actually did just want to talk about things to further philosophy rationally without fighting and didn't trust the audience not to force you into something you would surely be at a loss against in terms of negativity, bitterness, arguing and fighting and insulting. I'm not painting myself as the be all end all by any means, just that more gains can be made by working together than fighting, since we'd then be able to fill in the gaps of knowledge to further society. At the point of letting go of ego and pride and need for credit to be given, we'd actually be able to discuss such things as psychology rationally, push technology forward in better terms and woukdnt be sitting there so paranoid of someone stealing credit for our work, wouldnt even care, because then it wouldnt be about that but doing it for simply the love of it. The passion of the philosopher. However, it is possible that I sorely underestimated you in that regard and that your are just another hungry predator that wishes he could take credit for my works and knowing he cant.
Are we gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:18 pm

And believe me, it's always a 'pleasure' to be called into action in your less-than-humble colosseum of the depraved. I really try not to mix business with pleasure, gets a bit twisted at times, and yet here we are. Should I be masturbating while typing my Responses? Seems almost like that's what people expect me to be doing and it actually seems like theyre upset that im not.
Are we gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:22 pm

You going to permaban me yet, Wannabe? Or do you want more punishment, first.
Are we gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Youve already irreversibly fucked up your life through all of this, how much further are you going to punish yourself before righting yourself and coming to admittance of It? Let's find out.
Are we gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby Carleas » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:28 am

I have created a thread where we can discuss Things. See here.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 5665
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby surreptitious57 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:16 am

Random Factor wrote:
To enter any contest with me at all would be to enter into a losing battle. To not enter at all is to lose

So either way Carleas would lose which then renders meaningless any challenge which you put to him
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:05 am

Re: Unofficial challenge to Carleas

Postby The Eternal Warrior » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:56 pm

Not meaningless, no. I'm just not obligated to explain the meaning of it. Think of it as tying up loose ends and making a clean sweep.
Are we gonna fight or are you planning on boring me to death?
User avatar
The Eternal Warrior
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am


Return to Challenges



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users