just out of curiosity...

I am everybody you are delusional enough to believe I am.

Wow, then you could be me! :open_mouth: :astonished: :open_mouth:

They had to move so the old site only exists as archive now

Tell that to the Rodent. He posted an hour ago in the Dungeon. And I posted in the dungeon recently myself, requesting an explanation for their absence.

And satyr strikes me as the last man on earth to deny himself a soapbox.

So, if they moved, where to? Perhaps perpetualburn might know. He last visited KT on 7/29. And he posts here as well.

And now… I’m done with, and out of this thread.

All I know is everytime I check the place I see like five guests there… and I feel like I’ve just walked into some deranged waiting room or something.

Anyone can still post over there but Kvasir decided to move because of polish youth got banned [ see his posts ]
The new place is very quite indeed with really only four active posters so it is almost as dormant as the old one
So if you are looking for some deep philosophical exchanges with the Greek you might be waiting for some time

Huh?

They sent the Rodent to the dungeon, just like they sent the Chimp [me]. How does this put the rest of the site in peril?

What new place? Why isn’t Satyr directing the entire world to it? Again, he was always eager to get up on his soapbox and preach the gene/meme gospel to as many potential recruits as possible. And look at all of his various disguises/sock puppets here at ILP over the years. And he deluged ZA’s site with posts.

For him to deflate himself to the point where just a few in his clique/claque squad tag along doesn’t make much sense.

What do Trump and Biden say about it?

The reason it is kept secret is not to attract those who are not welcome
Only those who receive an invite can join so that is all you need to know

Nope.

He’s back: knowthyself.forumotion.net/t229 … egenerates

The point?

You tell me. :sunglasses:

Then this:

“Neither by land nor by water is the way of the Hyperboreans”

Hyperborean:

an inhabitant of the extreme north.
GREEK MYTHOLOGY
a member of a race worshiping Apollo and living in a land of sunshine and plenty beyond the north wind

Sounds like something out of Game of Thrones

Or something that Fixed Cross might post. :wink:

He’s back…

Then on and on and on, paragraph after paragraph after paragraph with the same old “general description intellectual contraptions” that I challenge anyone here to connect to the life that he or she actually lives.

This really is his idea of what being a “serious philosopher” is all about!!

Philosophy above the clouds. :wink:

He and the Rodent deserve each other.

If I do say so myself.

Two “substantive” posts today!

What does it mean?!! :-k

Of course some things never change:

This is his idea of examining nihilism “philosophically”.

Thus, all I can do is to challenge him or you or others to explain how “for all practical purposes” this intellectual gibberish is applicable to human interactions that do come into conflict as a result of conflicted value judgments rooted existentially in a sense of identity derived from the life that we lived out in a world governed by the assumptions embedded in political economy. Sets of circumstances that I myself explore as a moral and political nihilist.

Or is it all just “tongue in cheek”? His own way of mocking philosophical blather of this sort?

Note to σάτυρος:

Come on, sneak in here again and let’s have a go at it.

More in the way a serious philosopher’s insights into nihilism:

Then paragraph after paragraph of the self-same profoundly turgid intellectual gibberish.

Again, anyone here care to bring this glop of words down to earth. To note how it might be applicable to the lives that we actually live.

Oh, and though σάτυρος is back to contributing on a more or less regular basis at KT, where are the others? Could they all have been like Lyssa, completely made up by him?!

You really think it’s turgid?

googles

Yeah okay I guess it could be turgid.

I needed a synonym for “grotesquely swollen pedantic crap”.

So, Satyr disappears for weeks. Nothing new in the agora. From anyone. Then he pops back up. But only him. Post after post after post after post of late. All him. Nothing from the others.

Yes, the same “general description intellectual contraptions” in which – like me – he basically repeats over and over again the same arguments. With – like me re dasein – his own rendition of The Great Theme: genes/memes. But at least he keeps the focus on philosophy. However run-of-the-mill his objectivism might be.

But where are the others? Could it actually be true that as with Lyssa he made them all up?! Could he in fact be the only actual member of Know Thyself.

Well, aside from the occasional Chimp or Rodent he sends off to the Dungeon.

Meanwhile both venues slowly but surely disintegrate back into nothingness. Gone forever are the days when both “camps” more or less teemed with actual philosophical exchanges.

And, sort of, “great battles” were waged between us. :sunglasses:

I now know, why PolishYouth gets irked so, by the KTS puppet-show… as I’ve been experiencing it here of late, and it’s been really pissing me off so. That’s not to say that KTS irks me, but just here… odd that.

Well pseudonymous posting is a sophisticated craft not easily done well. But if one is able to build characters who participate in dialogue and represent solid philosophical personalities, well… that’s difficult. I mean to make them interesting in the same way voltaire and kierkegaard did.

The only complaint one might rightfully lodge against this, is being led to believe the characters arent the same person and interacting with them as if.

And what about the sock puppet antithesis?

What if a single poster name was actually five different people who logged in and used the account?

It’s either… all very ‘split personality’ or ‘being deceptive’ to me, but I’ve got my thoughts on this matter out there, and am content with that.

As in, what Mr Reasonable did? I thought it amusing, and apparent.