People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

Indeed. We use Jesus as a mantra so as to know ourselves in the deepest possible way.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes … r_embedded

Regards
DL

I generally like Christians, especially American ones.
I am not cut out to be one though - though I do believe in the holiness of Mary.

To me she is higher, holier, than Jesus.

This is the same belief of the Troubadours and the popes of Avignon.

Speaking of the more right wing Christians. You like homophobic and misogynous people who think a genocidal god is somehow a good god.

Tell us why please.

Regards
DL

You are a very hateful person for a Christian.

I don’t think you are truly religious.

Typical brain dead apologetics. Thanks for showing your true colors.

I am not a Christian. I would not lower my standard of excellence.

I am a Gnostic Christian whose founders were decimated by the inquisitions of the religion you like.

You might be religious, but you hold satanic moral.

If you were not amoral coward, you would have answered my question. Hypocrite.

Regards
DL

“Yes, you are right… we were ruled by Nature first and foremost, then other Idols, as our sentience developed and sharpened over time.“

Pre-historically… praying to our god(s), was indeed previously praying to nature and our kin / our direct ancestors, in marking such events as the end of Winter solstice and the start of a new harvest year etc… and would make the most perfect sense, in ensuring community cohesion and an abundant harvest of crops and supply of food for that Clan.

So, yes… there is a line to be drawn between nature/kin worship and that of the worship of fake or foreign idols, that serve no-one but the other, whom grow rich and fat off the worship of others… I don’t agree with enforced religious conversion, and yet it’s been a thing for centuries.

My Anglo ancestors married into French-Norman Catholicism… from paganism, and my current Indian kin and prior uphold the Dharma of laws and customs… so observations rather than worship.

“Depends what brand of coercion it is… I’m not a fan in being coerced, unless I’m privy to the intended outcome, so as to make a valued judgment on my part in any given situation.”

Also… not involving ourselves with other sub-groups, inhibits being deemed complicit to any crime the other May commit… I don’t see that as coercion, but self-interest. I see coercion as persuasion from others, of the sub-groups.

Merci… he was a living breathing ancestor, now worshipped as god… because he worshipped the sun and the stars, to ensure that harvests were always bountiful, and his people… well taken-care of.

I am not sure what you are saying with your last.

What type of involvement with murderer sub-groups of thieve sub groups are you thinking of/

We do not usually know who is in that sub-group until after they kill or rob.

I can see your words working after the crime, no0t before.

Regards
DL

They can work… with foresight and forward-thinking… I think it’s called ‘knowing better’ lol, and so being our own god should ideally entail that. There’s many a time, when such instincts have prohibited me from coming to harm/other’s stupidity, or getting involved with crims and sinners… so before any fact can become a reality and then subsequently a negative.

We have to be our own god, because… down here, god is unavailable… he can’t come to the phone right now, so all we have is ourselves… and how could that ever be a bad thing? in looking out for the Self, so not an evil thing at all.

I think it’s good because it hints we have something in common with a source.

For two points, name the philosopher who might reply to the opening question with:

‘It is neither good nor evil, but beyond these things’

Note: this question is for the novice philosopher. Intermediates and masters please do not answer.

Haha! …good clause

Woah! …bad clause

Which we all do.

Nature, Gnosis and DNA.

Regards
DL

I am a Gnostic Christian. You preach to the quire buddy.

Regards
DL

I was confirming my own convictions, so, glad I’m on the right track.

I’d been looking for a guru for many years, and eventually had to become one unto myself… otherwise I’d have been waiting forever.

All should be so blessed.

Follow that guru/god as he is the only god you should ever acknowledge, while picking up the best rules and laws to live by from wherever you find them.

Regards
DL

Everyone who becomes god learns eventually.

God is not immune to hell or hatred.

Lots of people think god is a being who can do whatever it wants.

Man it’s a hard lesson to learn that’s not true!

Actually, the best part of that truth: we should all be thankful!

Insightful, if you are speaking of yourself.

I think we can do whatever we want.

We just need to be willing to take the heat of it does not happen to be the status quo.

I fought the law the one time. I lost, but was willing to take the verdict. The law won, but they cheated.

Regards
DL

There is no free will if you can do ‘whatever you want‘, but get sent to hell if you fuck up!

Free will is terrorizing every being in existence except with no consequence!

The consequences are there, as I said, if you can take the heat, and let me add, the joy of being and acting free.

Regards
DL