Coronavirus Hoax

But gloominary said that already months ago. It’s that Scandinavian metal he listens to which has installed in him the proper ethotic wisdom. In the face of a pandemic the gloominaries show no fear.

I pull my mask up when approaching a crowd or become surrounded by people, otherwise I wear it in standby mode.

People are already coughing and closing-in on each other… like it’s some innate habit, that they cannot control. There are other airborne human germs besides Covid, and I’ll wean myself to them at my own pace :neutral_face:

In my previous post it should have read the epidemiologist admits there will be more deaths up front, but that it will even out over time.

Masks do not prevent you from being infected, they only prevent you from infecting others.

Lots of people don’t know that.

Eye goggles work though.

The only other thing that works is frequent hand washing after you touch something (like your mask) that can infect you.

Yea, and the CDC and WHO have wavered on masks so many times they too are obviously bullshit, and hazardous to your health.

We have our facts, they have theirs.

The only difference is that some insist that unless others share their own facts [and interpret them the same] they are wrong. Necessarily.

Come Fall the numbers will be evaluated again. And then come Winter. And then come Spring. And then come next July.

In the interim, there will either be an effective vaccine widely available or there won’t be. And, if so, some will choose to get it and others will not. Another point of contention among the objectivists.

Still, imagine if the HIV/AIDS virus had been as easily transmitted to others as covid-19? Not through sexual penetration or shared dope needles, but merely by breathing in and out or coughing or sneezing around others. Touching something that an infected person touched. Shaking hands. And having the disease, but displaying no symptoms. But still able to pass it on to others who could easily die from it. Imagine the debates then.

Back in the 1980s if you contracted AIDS it was assumed by many to be a death sentence. A ghastly drawn out death sentence.

To social distance or not to social distance? To wear a mask or not to wear one? To lockdown or not to lockdown?

If HIV/AIDS had been as easily transferred from person to person when it first appeared.

First it was don’t, then it was do, then it was must.

No matter how many times the Fake News Media pushes “cases spiking! run for the hills!

The death-rate remains very low, and dropping.

Hoax confirmed.

The remnants are merely political fascists, “the swamp”, trying to impose their will over 300+ million Americans, and the wider world.

Sickness doesn’t mean you have Covid. The sickness is deeper than biology and a bad flu. It’s a rot in the soul. A cavity growing, that is worse than death.

Dude. I’m just going to tell you straight up.

Do you think it’s fake news that surgeons wash their hands and forearms for 15 minutes and then wear masks to surgery before they operate on someone?

Is that fake fucking news?

The regular flu kills at a rate of 0.1 percent, corona kills at 4 percent.

I’m going to be blunt. You’re fucking retarded.

I told yuhs, it’s how you look at duh numbas.

pulls collar around neck and drags from a cigarette. glances to the left and whistles for the taxi, hard bottom loafers clicking the sidewalk, a brisk dash for the cab. Crisp echoes of each step bouncing through the alleyway and seeming to blend with the steam rolling lazily through the dark shadows

You mean 0.4%, not 4%.

It’s probably less. I’ve watched the actual death rate from start of outbreak to now. It’s slightly worse than a regular flu season, like double or triple the deaths, but not more than that.

Fear is real, though.

You’re right. I only looked at the stats in March.

Apparently it’s 0.5-1%

nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01738-2

5 to 10 times the ordinary flu.

But then again, I’ve heard that required masks, business shut downs and social distancing have positively affected those rates (meaning smaller percentage)

One has to wonder whether surgical practices such as this one do really work in practice and are not merely a form of superstition carried over from one generation to the next.

I’ve been told that scientific studies show that masks are neither effective as self-protection nor for source control (i.e. protecting other people.)

How do you know that the reported deaths are caused by coronavirus and are not merely accompanied by coronavirus?

I’ve been told that postmortem examinations are discouraged.

Patient deaths from surgery plummeted after handwashing and masks were implemented! It’s not a superstition! We discovered germs hundreds of years ago!!! It was a revolution!!! Apparently trump would have you believe it’s fake news!!

The other factor is that the baby-boomers are beginning to die. Since they represent a higher number and mass of population, this would also account for more deaths.

In other words, this could be a regular flu. Then what?

The regular flu does kill more elderly. Yes that’s true. Unlike the regular flu, corona also kills babies at the same rate it kills the elderly.

Ignore this post. Children don’t die as often.

So yes, all the baby boomers are reaching the cut off of the “at risk population of 60 or over”

The question then is not the number of people who die, but the percentage of people who die.

This is what’s known about corona.

Nobody on earth is immune to corona, though some are astmptomatic. This means that corona spreads differently than a usual flu.

With a usual flu, one person will sneeze in a room of 8 people and only 3 will catch it. With corona, all 8 people catch it.

Second, the mortality rate is 5 to 10 times higher than the normal flu. The current US rate is not simply outpacing by numbers, but by percentage.

A cognitive thing?

A case of the old intrinsic values and ways not working in our current, and therefore future, epoch, eon, and era? and that doesn’t mean civil war, uprisings, and mindless public homicide, but more thoughtful ways of handling our collective ‘human’ business.

Perhaps leave it down to the individual? although it is mandatory on public transport and other such State-run domains, in favour of the safety of all concerned, of staff and public alike.

Let’s assume that’s true. Masks were implemented, deaths from surgery plummeted. How do you know there is a causal relation between the two? In other words, how do you know it’s masks (and not something else you are possibly not even aware of) that resulted in fewer deaths?

Beside that, how do you explain all the scientific studies that show that masks are ineffective? Perhaps they don’t exist at all and are merely made up? or maybe they do exist but are flawed?