What do you make of Coincidence? (Life's Odd Mystery)

In 2008, I did a drug called Salvia Divinorum, also known as “Seers Sage”. This drug produces very vivid hallucinations, which last about 10 minutes. For me, I mentally left my bedroom, where I smoked the drug, and I landed in a different state, New York, to be precise. I became a building. That’s right, I was no longer a human being who needed to breathe. I towered over other buildings which all seemed to be covered in a light fog. Then I came back to reality.

Now, jump ahead to 2013, to me with a sober mind, listening to the newest album by Vampire Weekend, Modern Vampires of the City. I felt a strong connection to the lyrics, more than any other piece of music I’d ever heard. So I finally looked at the album cover, and it was the same image I had seen during my drug trip. Buildings covered by a thin mist.

Freaked out by that coincidence, I decided to walk to Boston to clear my head. I didn’t have a destination in that city at all, so I did what was expected when lost, I accidentally walked in a circle. I knew I had walked in a circle when I noticed the same street name. Waverly Street. This street stood out to me, because it features as one of the lyrics on the Vampire Weekend album. The lyrics go: “And we glided on through Waverly and Lincoln.”

What I did next was walk down Waverly, and sure enough it came out onto another street called Lincoln. Another small coincidence. No big deal, but I noticed it for sure.

But here’s the real kicker. I kept walking deeper into the city, until I reached the subway system. On a whim, still with no destination in mind, I got on the train. I picked the front of the train and the first seat available near the driver. When I looked at who I was sitting next to, it was the entire group, Vampire Weekend!

At the time, they had the number one album in the country so I don’t know why they were on public transit, but there they were. I was made speechless by their presence and the pure coincidence of it all.

What do you make of this true story of mine?
What do you make of coincidence in general?
Are there any stories of coincidence in your life that just make your life so much more mysterious?

I can write a whole book on this for my life and I hated every second of it.

Haha, part of the reason I posted it here is so I don’t have to write the book version of it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA0c3cDqgOY[/youtube]

If I did that, then my fangs would start to salivate. A book?
If anyone and perhaps everyone had the bucks to self publish , assuredly can think it is no biggie to see yourself in an aura, the dissipation rate is like a sudden aura hitting you , or falling suddenly from great heights like the fine poem, ’ The Bridge’ so well described.(Hart Crane not to be confused with Walt Whitman’s Brooklyn Bridge)

All connections within the cranium are there in a general mapped ideogram.

Happenings strangely mutated and appear in synch, strangely twist and turn the used to common placed things into disarray, and the child and the adult even more weirdly manifest suddenly an overlap, not as a fine transitional looking sequence of graduated stills,
A still gross previously numerous sequential film ran from here to eternity and back, where movement is unstoppable, but an overlap of one to infinite juxtaposition of numerous alphas with one has, leave it to mystery or miracle to try explain, whichever is your choice. Or Yours.

Then , if you and yours so inclined, can bite and drain, or, remain as You were.

Vampire theme noted. :smiley:

Aura, yes maybe, for a time being, but I don’t mean to suggest that this experience made me more special than anyone. Actually I was looking to hear the mysterious experiences of others, so I can relate.

I will now read that poem.

Unspoken of coincidences don’t automatically denote unnoticed coincidences, and can make for a good paradox to mull over.

Very true. Good point.

I know :wink:

I, personally, like to keep my coincidences private, or… at the very most, share them with someone who understands my brand of coincidences.

I can understand holding on them. I’ve been holding on to the one above for seven years before sharing it.

I still wonder if I should do more with it, because of what it meant to me. There was more to the story. I just shared the short version. I probably didn’t share those details because it stretches credibility.

Berkley Babes,

I would believe you if you shared them.

You gave me the original impression that you were ready to dispute everything. Maybe I was wrong to assume that.

As for the other details, it would be book length, and I’m trying to avoid that.

There was one moment I can share. I was walking down the street during that whole Boston trip, needing a toilet, cursing the fact that there is never a toilet in a major city when you need one. Thirty seconds later I crossed the street, and squeezed between two bush hedges, and there was a portable toilet in the middle of nowhere. I call it the miracle toilet, because underneath the clearest rainbow I have ever seen in my life. Anyway, I would understand if that didn’t sound all that special.

Berkley babe,

The only way I endured hell was to become super smart, I had no choice, that was my selective pressure. That’s why I come across as “disputing everything”

I’ve seen all the same things you have, but on a greater scale, if you told me you flew (which I’ve never done except in dreams) I’d be like “ok, I can believe that, I can get on board with that”

I’ve seen a lot.

I trust that you’ve seen a lot, if you say so. People with open minds experience more. Meditation is like dreams when it comes to adventure, too.

I don’t think I personally could have handled this on a greater scale.

Another detail, after walking around for twenty miles, for hours, I was desperate to lay down. So I found a patch of grass on a street called St Botolph street. Botolph, (I didn’t know this at the time) is the patron saint of travelers. It was also his Feast Day, the night I lay down. I found all this out after. I thought it was quite symbolic.

Anyway, love to hear what type of scale you’ve witnessed.

Well, I’ve been resurrected a few times and I’ve had the whole world moved around like robots from the spirit world just to communicate to ME!! They didn’t know it though. The trauma of all this is so severe, that I drink to help with the ptsd. And that’s not even my synchronicities, and certainly not my hells.

Wow.

It’s hard to imagine how that went, but still, wow.

Most synchronicities are small anyway, but still important to the person.

Good luck with ptsd. And the drink. I am happy to say that I’ve survived both of those. So it is possible. Peace is the highest value. Good luck.

That’s a brilliant random coincidental occurrence =D>

I love those kinds of coincidences, where events follow such an order, that it suits one’s immediate needs beautifully, and thus was meant to be… or appears as if it was… the deck of cards, being stacked in one’s favour.

Have I experienced such? yes… do I think them amazing? yes… is it a coincidence? yes, but a beautiful one, to smile about, cherish, and remember in awe and selfish-delight.

Thanks so much, MagsJ

Smiling, cherishing, and remembering in awe and selfish-delight :smiley:

I don’t know whats so annoying about your lies. Maybe that they’re so badly told.

allegedly