reality

all of reality is a prison. the question is, whats outside this prison? the thing that made it is something way beyond us.

Infinite potentiality can give rise to finitude, but can finitude give rise to infinite potentiality?
I don’t think so, it’s a one way street.

Is there such a thing as outside of reality ? Is such a concept actually possible ? Can non reality contain reality ?
For is not reality simply the totality of all that exists from the infinite past right through to the infinite future ?

Perhaps by reality he doesn’t mean all of existence, just the part we experience, not the part we can’t (normally) experience i.e. the supernatural, preternatural or paranormal.

And going beyond or transcending reality could just mean perceiving the same reality in a totally different way, like the Buddha’s anatman, for example, or Lao Tzu’s dao, yin yang and wu wei.

Reality would be the noumenal realm in Kantian terms, and we only know the material phenomenon we pick up with our senses. We don’t have actual access to the truth of things, so how can we know?

I use William James’ Pragmatism here. What in my highest virtue to believe in given the many, equalily plausible truths that may exist? Freewill, beauty beyond a percipient, God, tha nature of nature? Is God Nature resulting in pantheism, or panentheism? It helps me ease the nerves to have inclinations so I can get on with the day and not worry too much.

It is the mind that is probably constraining, so step outside the mind to step beyond reality, and thus cease all hindering self-limiting thoughts… within the boundaries of one’s Dharma.

But Dharma is still self-limiting… I hear you say, then I say… by asking what is outside this prison called reality, is to deny that reality then exists. So what of the true cumulative objective reality that permeates all things and even ourselves?

To be outside reality, would mean to then be outside or beyond time and/or space, and so the question then becomes what is beyond those elements?

MagsJ said,

“So what of the true cumulative objective reality that permeates all things and even ourselves”

Was it mere happenstance out of chaos, or, something else?

Sorry to respond to a question with another question, but my take on reality is steadfast with the ancient description of near infinite number of turtles , one upon the other, or better described as layers up in layers of onion skin in a nearly infinitely large onion, without falling into an exclusive mathematical description of 1=.9999999 . ?

Before You start to laugh, MagJ, another myth comes to mind, the race between the turtle and the hare.

Haha!

I’ve never taken to that analogy of the Universe, but I have, to the Plasma Theory one… the Universe is full of the stuff, so maybe it was the catalyst, that created order out of primordial chaos. Does it still have a utility though? the source of Universal energy, that is tapped into, like a vein/s… like the plasma in our veins, is to us.

…and why does that come to mind, here? Who is planning to race whom?

Studies show, fairly recently that the turtle wins against the hare every time.
The turtles positioned on each other’s back, resemble plasma permeability, inasmuch does the infusion of potential energy may in Your example.
I would gather that energy transfer would be more likened to the gradual buildup of structural crystal, to form more stable-bonded realities.

More reflexive structural response than not, -tends toward analytical interpretation than a synthetic one, as in this descriptive biochemical process.
If far afield, then consider photosynthesis an example of energy transference.

Strictly based on series of hypothetical analogies, like the stacked turtles, their winning streak are based on deep levels of structural effects like the crystal

After all, fallen organisms, such as trees, are pressed into crystals, and become inorganic super substances like diamonds.
Crystals are used in high tech telecommunications as part and parcel of AI, trying to switch-like open and close the gap between the organic and inorganic world of substance.
Ultimately a closure is attempted to try to define the difference between a ‘thing’ and a 'no-thing’s, where a no-thing is not necessarily a nothing.

It probably is trying to effectively describe the juncture of the transference, to justify Einstein’s relational theories.

Note: Sorrily in very broad outlines, to say the least.

ScienceDaily

In the race of life, the tortoise beats the hare every time
Research shows that, when speed is averaged throughout a lifetime, the fastest animals and machines are actually the slowest

Date:
August 27, 2018
Source:
Duke University
Summary:

Researchers have discovered that, over the long-run, the race will indeed go to the slower, steadier animal. An analysis of the reported speeds of animals based on land, air and water shows that some of the world’s fastest animals are actually some of the slowest when their movements are averaged throughout their lifetimes, giving credence to Aesop’s fable ‘The Tortoise and the Hare.’

FULL STORY
Over the long-run, the race will indeed go to the slower, steadier animal.

“The fable of ‘The Tortoise and the Hare’ is a metaphor about life, not a story about a race,” said Adrian Bejan, the J.A. Jones Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Duke University. “We see in animal life two starkly different lifestyles – one with nearly steady feeding and daily sleep and another with short bursts of intermittent feeding interspersed with day-long siestas. Both of these patterns are the rhythms of living that Aesop taught.”

In the iconic parable, Aesop tells of a race between a fast but often-distracted hare and a slow but relentless tortoise. Readers are supposed to be surprised when the tortoise manages to defeat the hare, coining the phrase “slow and steady wins the race.” But according to Bejan’s new analysis, they shouldn’t be.

Published on August 27 in the journal Scientific Reports, Bejan analyzes the reported speeds of animals based on land, air and water. The results show that some of the world’s fastest animals are actually some of the slowest when their movements are averaged throughout their lifetimes.

Bejan then goes on to demonstrate that this counterintuitive result is also true of the modern aviation industry. With data from hundreds of historical airplane models in hand, Bejan shows that the general trend in their design is for size and speed to increase hand-in-hand.

Except, that is, for the modern jet fighter.

Just like in the animal world, the jet fighter may be faster than other airplanes in short bursts, but it spends much of its time grounded. When averaged over its service lifetime, jet fighters are surprisingly slow when compared to models designed for transport or reconnaissance.

The study emerged as a consequence of a previous paper that used Bejan’s constructal theory to show that all animals’ speeds tend to rise along with their body mass and adhere to a similar ratio. For example, the stride frequency of running vertebrates bears the same relationship to the animals’ mass as does the rate at which fish swim. Similarly, the velocity of runners conforms to the same principles as the speed of birds in flight. These models can be used to predict future evolutionary trends and design directions for aircraft and other vehicles.

“When I would give speeches on this topic, somebody would always bring up outliers to this principle such as the cheetah as counterexamples,” said Bejan. “But this study shows that these ‘outliers’ are to be expected and, when looked at over their lifetimes, are not so different from their lumbering cousins after all.”

Materials provided by Duke University. Note: Content may be edited for style and length.

Journal Reference:

A. Bejan, U. Gunes, J. D. Charles, B. Sahin. The fastest animals and vehicles are neither the biggest nor the fastest over lifetime.

Duke University. “In the race of life, the tortoise beats the hare every time: Research shows that, when speed is averaged throughout a lifetime, the fastest animals and machines are actually the slowest.”

Copyright 2020 ScienceDaily

Tentative conclusion:

The plasma and the turtle-hare descriptions of reality are more similar than dissimilar.