Absolute Randomness

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Absolute Randomness

Postby Chakra Superstar » Thu May 14, 2020 11:01 pm

promethean75 wrote:Seeking travel companions for road trip....

Visiting places you haven't seen for decades is awesome. It's like going to a place where time morphs into space.
If you don't find anyone to go with on this site, there might be an old Greek on another forum who'd be interested. :character-beavisbutthead:

Chakra Superstar
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:12 am

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:04 pm

Why do people assume that just because you don't have the answer on hand that automatically means one doesn't exist?

rosa lichtenstein wrote:It might help if the questioner told us what he means by “ultimate answer”. Even more pressing: has someone posed an “ultimate question” for which there is an “ultimate answer”? If so, who and when was it asked, and what was it? And how do we know it was the “ultimate question” to begin with? Perhaps there is one that is ‘more ultimate’ that hasn’t occurred to us yet? Maybe there is an ascending series of such questions each of which is ‘more ultimate’ than the previous one?

Until these rather mundane questions are answered, it is impossible to respond — or even make sense of the original question.

Lol.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Mon May 25, 2020 12:49 am

Describe what appears to be happening, and what is actually happening.

https://streamable.com/b95y0p
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:17 am

Lol @ Mick Jagger. I've always thought he was a buffoon too. Becker's a little more lenient though.

Q: In jazz and blues, it’s a given that the older you get, the better you get. In rock the perception is: ‘Well, that you shouldn’t or oughtta not.”

FAGEN: “I think that really applies mainly to acts that have based their careers on a kind of adolescent philosophy or adolescent audience. There is something embarrassing about seeing the Rolling Stones. They seem to play pretty much like they used to.”

BECKER: “I think not. I think that they have tremendous credibility for a bunch of older guys.”

FAGEN: “They do, because they keep going musically –”

BECKER: “And they pull it off.”

FAGEN: “They write songs, but when I see them — when I hear them, it’s fine, but when I see them, like on this TV thing I saw part of it, I was kind of embarrassed. But I realize I’ve been embarrassed by their stage act since …”

BECKER: “Since the ’70s.”

FAGEN: “In the ’60s they had a beautiful act, and it was just like seeing a Motown act or something like that. But Mick has been doing this thing with capes and stuff, and to me there’s a real dissonance between what I’m seeing and the music I’m hearing, in their attitudes, in the poses they assume. It just always seems wrong. But that’s true, it’s been forever, almost. It’s these kind of exaggerated poses, grimaces. It doesn’t match what I’m hearing. I’m hearing some good rocking music and they’re acting like assholes.”

BECKER: “There’s a thing that they do in the middle of their show where I think they still do this — in the concert I saw in Honolulu, where they have a second (satellite) stage, like out in front of the big stage, and the five of them go out and they start playing just like a club band, with little amplifiers out in the middle of the audience.”

FAGEN: “Oh, yeah, they’re a little garage band.”

BECKER: “And it’s fucking great. I mean, they play just as well when they’re on the big stage, but suddenly you look at this and you realize…”

FAGEN: “They’re going through these very strange gyrations and so on, these really forced expressions. There’s something very schizophrenic, that to me is really hard to watch.”

Q: So is Steely Dan overqualified for rock `n’ roll?

FAGEN: “No, I don’t think so. Because as you say, it’s a labeling thing. You say when you see B.B. King, that’s fine; he’s playing blues. Blues, I think, has always addressed adult concerns, concerns of age and everything. I think we do the same thing. In that maybe we’re closer to Rhythm & Blues or a blues sensibility, a jazz sensibility.”

BECKER: “I think we’re more out of tune with the way music is marketed and presented to the public, it’s commercial manifestation, than we are with the actual music part. I think the music part works out fine. We’re a little bit of an anomaly…”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sandie ... f_amp=true
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:41 pm

On the new rebel state’s first night, the atmosphere was festive and triumphant. Hooded men spray-painted the police station with slogans and anarchist symbols, renaming it the “Seattle People’s Department East Precinct.” Raz Simone, a local rapper with an AK-47 slung from his shoulder and a pistol attached to his hip, screamed, “This is war!” into a white-and-red megaphone and instructed armed paramilitaries to guard the barricades in shifts. Later in the night, Simone was filmed allegedly assaulting multiple protestors who disobeyed his orders, informing them that he was the "police" now, sparking fears that he was becoming the de facto warlord of the autonomous zone. A homeless man with a baseball bat wandered along the borderline and two unofficial medics in medieval-style chain mail stood ready for action.

https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-sea ... omous-zone

Okay, now it's getting interesting. Go on. You have my attention.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:09 pm

Supreme court rules against employee discrimination based on gender or sexual orientation. Now everyone has an equal opportunity to be a wage slave. They call this 'progress'.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:13 pm

Attachments
457b83.jpg
457b83.jpg (59.53 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:36 am

special two part podcast on the charging of the Atlanta cop

https://vocaroo.com/kYesaHUyJS8

https://vocaroo.com/3sDf5r55OCp
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:34 am

podcast #43; police strikes, mayan prophecy, mayonnaise, smart black people on TV, random commentaries and reflections

https://vocaroo.com/aJ8ABsKBAN2

Obviously we've only been writing for about what, 13,000 years? The 80,000 year reference wuz obviously about modern homo.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Chakra Superstar » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:54 am

Yeah, I'm with ya, prom. The world left has gone totally insane.
No, I'm not a conservative - or an Agent Orange supporter - but the Marxists have completely lost it. If they didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards.

Chakra Superstar
Philosopher

Postby Dan~ » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeOE2nt7R78

Chrono Trigger had quite a melodic, emotionally charged, non random music for it.
The whole OST is free for all and i posted a link to it.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting two of my free game projects.
Be ware dumbasses that think they are intellectuals.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Location: May the loving spirit of papa hitler watch over and bless you all.

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:02 am

From the docu-drama Barbarians Rising:

»
Young Barbarian male: where are you going?
Older Barbarian male: hunting!
»

The older Barbarian male soon swiftly pierces an enemy with an even swifter arrow, and then continues to dispose of his enemies accordingly.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

Nobilis Est Ira Leonis | Om Surya Devaay namah | Manus justa nardus
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Location: London, NC1 … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …Suryaloka.. the sun

Postby promethean75 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:15 pm

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:02 pm

Its sort of a pragmatic turn you're making, allowing for these other powers to continue to exist.

So say you would organize such a world wide Union -
how do you invite loyalty - would you expect the promise of solidarity from others to be enough?

I am asking because Communism drew much of its power, it seems, from the tantalizing idea of becoming world-governing power representing absolute necessity, just like monotheism draws its power from that temptation.
How does a union without such metaphysical delusions of grandeur attain global interest?
Sincere question. Im not expecting it to be impossible to answer, just that it would have a lot of feet in the dirt.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Arch-Native Philosophy - Sumerian Bill and Ted - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:47 pm

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:03 pm

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:08 pm

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:31 pm

Surely a meowing ravster cartoon cat, meowing in a psychedelic rave track, will solve these current feels.. surely.

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Wait, What! - MagsJ

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:32 pm

I nearly posted one of Eilish, mmm

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Are there any xbox live players in the house? I'm on call of duty modern warfare season 4, and that shit is off the chain. You have to buy the game, but the 'warzone' is a free download if you've got the xbox gold membership.

Holla at me if you tryna get that.

https://youtu.be/13pYgD7bYBY
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:36 pm

Uh-oh Russia gives 'incentive' to the A Rabs to kill American troops.

You know if Russia teams up with the hashishins y'all niggas is finished, right?
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:31 pm

Holy shit I think I just put the pieces together. These recent Russian aircraft flying around Alaska are checking out one of those HAARP installations up there that is generating the saharan dust storms now over the south east U.S.

these storms are actually carrying a chemical catalyst that will react with the human immune system and make it more vulnerable to covid19. First they seed the jetstreams with these chemical agents, then they generate a storm to deliver it to the targeted areas.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:03 pm

promethean75 wrote:these storms are actually carrying a chemical catalyst that will react with the human immune system and make it more vulnerable to covid19. First they seed the jetstreams with these chemical agents, then they generate a storm to deliver it to the targeted areas.

:shock:

Whites aren’t the most evil people that have ever been around.. all Nations have their fair share of their evil own, so why the want to eradicate them? I wouldn’t have been born/be me without my European genes. You making this stuff up, Prom?

MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:15 am

I've been telling you all that phoneutria is a maniac for years... and you didn't believe me...

https://streamable.com/q5rg4b

It's her birfday, btw. Er'body say happy birfday.
promethean75
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat