If we do not turn our love of self to our hate of self, we a

If we do not turn our love of self to our hate of self, we are bound for our near extinction.

Science has shown that the good in us, our love side, is dominating us via our selfish gene.

Science is also showing us that we are in a major extinction event that may well include a vast number of people. I doubt that our full extinction will come to pass, but we will be reduced to such small numbers that we will likely revert to a less sophisticated system and city states.

If we do not turn our swords into plows, and devastate the worlds populations with war, our environment will do the deed and near extinct us.

We love our governments and gods. That is why we have let them bring us to the brink of extinction. We follow them so closely that we all have our heads stuck into the ground.

I think, given the incompetence of all governments and gods; we should let our great love for what leads us and turn it to hate, as we should, to insure the survival of people right here and right now. Start to hate the systems that got us all to this pitiful place in time.

We presently elect our incompetent governments and gods for a variety of reasons. We are all tribal and belong to a religious tribe or a government tribe. We all follow their ideologies, theologies or philosophies. We are all the same in this.

Surely, given that we are basically all humans, who wish to love more than hate, can hate those things that are putting us all in peril long enough to do something about our head long leap to near extinction.

The environment is under political control and they are killing our bodies. Our bodies harbor our souls to the physical world where our children live.

I think it is time for a god to take over.

I don’t care if it is a pedophile protecting Pope or a united Christianity, or newly elected Khalif of a newly united Islam, but a god must step up, as our political side has failed humankind completely.

Our politicians are not uniting the world and should be made to step down so that some form of religious system, chosen by the masses, so that we can try uniting under a newly elected god.

Jesus prophesied that that would become a necessity, and so did Socrates before him. Both were right in thinking that such a system would be the best possible end for political theories.

I urge the vast majority of the world, the religious, to have a final battle in the ongoing god wars, which involves our political gods as well. Let their hate out by debate and elect a new god of peace so that our current incompetent batch of leaders might find the best one.

My love of the religious has let loose my hate against our incompetent political leadership and I think we all should, elect a new god and save us from our own near extinction.

We have the means; do we have the will?

Regards
DL

Is creating another religion/another god really the answer to our current planetary situation? surely you jest, Sir…

It is the human ego that is the cause of our current planetary situation and of revering one god over the other… religion in general is childish and should be abandoned by the individual once they approach adulthood/approach 18… only to return for Sacraments and Ceremonies or Mass.

How would you foresee this new god or religion? and how would it make a difference to our current situation?

I do not jest.

Who created our present planetary situation? Governments. Right?

To continue putting our trust in the same governments that brought us to where we are, and vote for them again, is a sign of insanity.

That is why I invite theists to try their way. I note though that even they do not seem to like this idea. I guess they are just hypocrites who prefer secular laws over their own laws.

That aside, a public debate on the merits of the various governments and religions would go a long way in ridding ourselves of the more vile ideologies, political as well as religious.

It would foster the U.N. universalist thinking that the world sorely needs.

To your last. I foresee universalist religion much like Gnostic Christianity. It is the best ideology that I have found and being manned by esoteric ecumenists allows us to meld with any better ideology, or ask the less moral ideologies to meld with us.

Regards
DL

Love and hate are mechanisms that came about from mysterious origins and processes.
It’s all we’ve got so we better be wise with it.
Gods are useless last ditch attempts at having things our way.

It is not a mystery to science. They attribute it to our instincts and selfish gene. They have experimented with babies and have shown that they have a sense of good and evil. Scientists see the good side as the cooperation side of our evolutionary instincts, and the evil side as the competition side.
They do so as they see a loser to the competitions, which is basically where all the evil humans do to each other lies.

Regards
DL

Indeed it is…

It’s the same old faces attending the same old global debating platforms, and ensuring that new blood doesn’t get a look-in… a case of power corrupting, in not letting the capable come on board?

There’s no room, or no room is made, for the innovative minds with bright ideas, that would aid in fostering better ideologies, and so the World remains a dull place until that happens.

…and where will this universal religion’s Vatican or Mecca be, in our hearts and in our minds or somewhere more physical and (literally) concrete?

A religion that works for all… that will be no mean feat.

I like your insight on these issues.

I agree that our oligarch owners and their bought and paid for governments will be hard to move. It is up to the people.

If I tell two friends, and you tell two friends etc. it will eventually get done.

Ideas, when good, never die.

Just look at all the inquisitions sent out to decimate Gnostic Christianity and atheism.

The power is not in those camps ---- yet.

We will have our day, and it will be a much better day.

Atheists are already opening churches and so are Gnostic Christians.

Regards
DL

I know of non-denominational churches, but not of Atheist or Gnostic Christian ones.

Are the teachings from the bibles utilised in their Mass, or are they based on other texts? Yes… one does not have to be religious, to gain the benefits of Mass and all that it can instil in a person and a Community’s spirit.

Atheist churches, from what I can gather, seem to cater to different crowds.

Here is what I have on the latest.

Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians
A new study shows how poorly we understand the beliefs of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular.

Americans are deeply religious people—and atheists are no exception. Western Europeans are deeply secular people—and Christians are no exception.

These twin statements are generalizations, but they capture the essence of a fascinating finding in a new study about Christian identity in Western Europe. By surveying almost 25,000 people in 15 countries in the region, and comparing the results with data previously gathered in the U.S., the Pew Research Center discovered three things.

First, researchers confirmed the widely known fact that, overall, Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans. They gauged religious commitment using standard questions, including “Do you believe in God with absolute certainty?” and “Do you pray daily?”

Second, the researchers found that American “nones”—those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European nones. The notion that religiously unaffiliated people can be religious at all may seem contradictory, but if you disaffiliate from organized religion it does not necessarily mean you’ve sworn off belief in God, say, or prayer.

The third finding reported in the study is by far the most striking. As it turns out, “American ‘nones’ are as religious as—or even more religious than—Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.”

“That was a surprise,” Neha Sahgal, the lead researcher on the study, told me. “That’s the comparison that’s fascinating to me.” She highlighted the fact that whereas only 23 percent of European Christians say they believe in God with absolute certainty, 27 percent of American nones say this.

America is a country so suffused with faith that religious attributes abound even among the secular. Consider the rise of “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff. This is a phenomenon spreading across the country, from the Seattle Atheist Church to the North Texas Church of Freethought. The Oasis Network, which brings together non-believers to sing and learn every Sunday morning, has affiliates in nine U.S. cities.

Last month, almost 1,000 people streamed into a [Atheist] church in San Francisco for an unprecedented event billed as “Beyoncé Mass.” Most were people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. Many were secular. They used Queen Bey’s songs, which are replete with religious symbolism, as the basis for a communal celebration—one that had all the trappings of a religious service. That seemed completely fitting to some, including one reverend who said, “Beyoncé is a better theologian than many of the pastors and priests in our church today.”
theatlantic.com/interna…t … ns/560936/

Gnostic Churches are rather rare and given that we are a bunch of esoteric ecumenists and free thinkers, I have yet to find a church for myself. I have no need for fellowship and have not really looked hard.

I did find a local one but to my horror, saw that they had a supernatural belief. How that happened I have no idea. That may be why they are not growing at all.

Traditionally, Gnostic Christians hold no supernatural belief.

Regards
DL

I’m more worried about a mass enslavement event than I am mass extinction.

The former has been with us since the city states,the latter is now in the works.

Regards
DL