Going stir fry crazy

How long has it been now? Seems like an eternity stuck indoors, which I really can’t stand. I need to go somewhere for a few days, get away from the city. I’m also surprised how much I miss working at the leisure centre, which was almost exclusively outdoors anyway.

Latest U.K. updates state that going for walks, going to the park, and the like, is fine… just not large gatherings and certainly not parties… unless they’re online. :laughing:

Only thing is… I’d be careful out if I were you, as unsavoury types are using the deserted streets as an excuse to act/plan to act degenerately in, but luckily the police here cleaned up the area, of the drug dealers, rapists posing as pretend homeless people, and drug addicts who’d do anything to get money for their fix… I saw it all. :open_mouth:

Definitely worth making fun plans for when quarantine becomes more relaxed… I don’t think it will fully end though, but at least travelling will become easier to do, without the threats of fines being dangled in front of us, if we do.

Hang in there, girl… you can do it. :slight_smile:

London sounds like a special kind of place. :-"

Yes, very…

…a good time to clean up the streets, as spotting-da-crim has become a lot more easier to do… seeing as they’re not queuing for food or going for a local short walk. :-"

We can breathe and recoup, the planet can rest and regenerate, and society cleaned up… a very hard reset.

I’ve been avoiding going out for that very reason. Unfortunately, however, it’s completely impossible to get a supermarket delivery slot any more, but at least the milkman delivers basic food items.

I feel safer in the city than I would in the suburbs, as the streets are populated with grocery shoppers, joggers, and those going for a stroll… so safety in numbers.

For lone individuals to travel long distances right now is very unwise, as personal safety should reign over the unnecessary.

When I get really bored, I’ll have the Spring-cleaning to unbore me… I haven’t done it yet, so a perfect example of procrastination working for, not against…

It’s a rare thing that suddenly vast numbers of people are finding their daily habits different across class, nation, sub-culture. So, let’s be fluffy spiritual for a moment. We are being forced to face ourselves in a way we have not before. Our distractions are more limited. Here we are with ourselves, much more. Perhaps we can make a shift. And by the way I do not mean this in any way as a denial of what an unpleasant pain in the ass these lockdowns are. But here they are. While hating them or being bored, perhaps we can treat it ALSO as an opportunity to learn more about ourselves and our habits and avoidance.

The last time I went out was a fortnight ago tomorrow. Although it was only early evening there were rowdy gangs hanging around our nearby row of shops, and I felt really intimidated walking past them.

Yes, I’ve been cleaning up even more than usual, which is saying something as I’m quite obsessive about that anyway.

I’ve been doing that as much as I possibly can, structuring my day, and so on. If I’m not very careful indeed I’m going to lose all track of time. It’s difficult enough keeping to a daily rhythm anyway, at the best of times.

@Maia: the current deployed soldiers are only the first batch… wonder how many there will end up being?

Gangs congregating reflects the stupidity of humans, on their notion of invincibility… I’m sure they are already under surveillance.

@Karpel: humans are 50/50 introvert or extrovert, so half the population is used to, and happy to, stay indoors lol… most I know are completely fine and not stressing in the least… it’s probably more about change of routine than anything for the extroverts, so perhaps they should really take advantage of that daily walk.

I live in Alabama and no one here gives a shit about the virus and nothing has really changed that much.

[size=85]www.nytimes.com › interactive › alabama-coronavirus-ca…[/size]
Alabama Coronavirus Map and Case Count - The New York …
The first coronavirus case in Alabama was reported on March 13. There have been a total of 4,792 cases reported and 152 deaths, according to a New York …

Today’s figures:

Yeah but there’s been a spike in other kinds of deaths that aren’t attributed to the virus since so many have been unable to get tests. My uncle died 2 weeks ago, of pneumonia, but didn’t get a test.

Sorry to hear that…

Perhaps Alabama is ok, because nobody wants to go to Alabama? :-s

Kidding 8-[

It’s true that no one wants to go to Alabama, it’s not true that it’s ok here.

I am decidedly bored, but decidedly not going stir fry crazy - by the time some bars and clubs start opening up again, I will be suitably healed from all ills to enjoy them fully… for a few occasional nights out. :stuck_out_tongue: