damn i found the spot, yes indeed i did
caught three large mouth cuz my crank bait spins
shiny, sparky, brings the fish real quick
using carolina rig i didn’t catch shit

yeah… i lay back, stay back by the pier
niggas try to get my fishin spot when they near
i got a little message, don’t try to see zoot
you tryna catch a fish but your skills are moot

You tried to see me, on the TV, you’se a B.G.
D-O-double-G, yes I’ma O.G.
You can’t see my fishes anyway
So what the fuck a fisher like you gotta say

(song: ‘tha shiznit’, by snoop muthafuckin dogg)

Just heard trumpf say ‘there are some people who think they need ventilators but they don’t.’ mighta been a jab at coumo, i dunno.

All trumpf can do is make it seem as if expecting ventilators when they are not available is a greater crime than questioning why ventilators aren’t available.

That’s fair enough. But what you can do is begin criticizing the administration when enough time has passed for there to be abundantly available ventilators.

Now it IS possible for federal government to demand of all factories capable of, or easily made capable of with only few changes, of mass producing ventilators, that they immediately begin doing so.

In that case, maybe a couple weeks, maybe three, everybody and their uncle would have been making ventilators and there’d be warehouses full of em.

If not, the fact that, by then, ventilators were still a problem, trumps (again, not intended) the criminal nature of expecting to get ventilators when they aren’t available.

But we’ll see what happens. We’ve got our eye on the orange man. Put that sumbitch under some real pressha.

Doon doon doon do do do doon
Doon doon doon doon do do do doon

undah pressha!

But to be even more fair, take this analogy. I’ll show you how the argument ‘there should be enough ventilators’ and then ‘this is the result of a centrally ungoverned free market and the capitalists suck’ that follows, are informally fallacious.

A disease suddenly appeared and reached a pandemic level. Let’s say it made you unable to use your legs. The demand would then be for crutches and wheelchairs.

But would it be reasonable to mass to produce these things just in case some disease might appear later that makes you unable to walk.

So you see what I mean. The question of concern should now be: what has to happen to triple the rate of production of ventilators, and would that involve challenging and changing the role of government. Would that involve a conservative doing something categorically antithetical to conservatism?

How long trumpf and his advisors will hesitate… that’s the milyyin dollar question.

A tremendous, tremendous question that’s doing an incredible job. Just a fantastic job.

Heard a report about folks using kotex pads as face masks. Hey man if it came down to it I would.

But I’m not gonna argue with you. I’d feel like a pussy. period.

Ohhhhhhhhhh

I like Cooper. I’ont even care if he’s gay. He’s the quintessential reporter/journalist/anchor, iddint he? Even the way guy looks says NEWS. Check this out. In his beginnings he had a friend make a fake press pass so he could get into Myanmar and talk to students fighting the Burmese government. That’s diehard journalism, folks. When your doing illegal shit on an international level just to get a story, your soul burns with the fire of fact finding, and you belong in journalism.

streamable.com/ow6tmz

I like Cooper. I’ont even care if he’s gay. He’s the quintessential reporter/journalist/anchor, iddint he? Even the way the guy looks says NEWS. Check this out. In his beginnings he had a friend make a fake press pass so he could get into Myanmar and talk to students fighting the Burmese government. That’s diehard journalism, folks. When your doing illegal shit on an international level just to get a story, your soul burns with the fire of fact finding, and you belong in journalism.

streamable.com/ow6tmz

And I never watch Fox news except for recently… just to see what the other side of the table is saying. In the last couple days I’ve reached one conclusion; I don’t like ingraham or her moustache (look really close). She always shows her teeth when she smiles smugly and she’s snotty as hell. Like that other CNN guy Don Lemon. Don’t like him either. Took me a couple runs to figure that out.

Yo think about this. How much of the history of conspiracy theory has actually contributed to the development of realistic conspiracies by showing and explaining to whomever might have the power to create one, excellent ideas about what and how to do it.

See what I mean? Lol. How many times has somebody actually gotten a workable conspiracy in motion after reading it in theory in some nutjobs book?

Conspiracy theorists would actually be giving ideas to people who are quite able to realize them. If dat ain’t some good irony I don’t know what is.

…and that is why I haven’t been contributing in the Coronavirus threads.

I had typed something up, thought better of it, and deleted it. 8-[

This forum should have an invite only hidden forum, for hot topics such as this… like they have at KTS.

Fuckin Joel. streamable.com/dlq511

There he goes.

google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod … /622215001

Yow that thing is perfect iddint it? I love the shape of a gsxr. Especially the rear-end design. It’s got the integrated tail light too.

youtu.be/if4UvRFbjF8

The only thing that spoiled the whole (sexy) vibe, was the bad shoe choice… it just doesn’t go with the whole dark n mean look of the outfit.

Good accompanying soundtrack choice though… ; )

He’s got the yoshimura slip on and the gold rims too? Whaaaaat?

Bro.

That’s hot.

youtu.be/W_-M-pN2Zew

See that 06 factory orange has metalic specks in it that gives it a golden tint from a certain angle. So those rims actually work with it. Plus the front fork shocks and rear shock cylinder are gold in these oh 6’s.

streamable.com/mhjdjw

Seeking travel companions for road trip not yet fully planned out, but with a general outline something like this: NC > San Francisco > San Jose > Pacific coast highway (1) through Monterey, Carmel, Pismo Beach, santa Cruz and other intervals along the route to the final destination of san Diego. From there, there is the option of crossing (walking into) Tijuana for a time. Rosarito beach is twenty min from there as well. Then 40 east outta Barstow back to NC.

If the entire thing could be done in less than a month but longer than two weeks, that would be ideal. Accommodations would be motels/hotels and camp grounds. Travel would be in my acura, a luxury sport sedan so four people could do it comfortably, but there’d be space enough in the trunk for only four packs… so you can’t bring suitcases and shit.

I’d want to do this by the end of fall. If it came together, I’d pick up whoever from RDU and we’d hit the road from there. You’ll need at least a couple grand to do this right. I mean right right, where you aren’t counting your last dollars three weeks into it. On the other hand, if you’re broke, we others might be able to foot the bill.

Toss the idea around in your head this summer, and believe me, once you’re south bound on the Pacific coast highway with the sun roof open listening to ‘cruel summer’ by bananarama - your only regret will be that you hadn’t done it sooner.

But I gotta go through San Jose for a bit of nostalgia. Some cool places I roamed when I was 15. Wanna see what’s become of the areas.

yeah this has to be the spot, although the golf course threw me off for a minute until i realized it was built in 07. they are thirty year old memories, but with a little logical deduction i conclude that it has to be it. first i remember it wasn’t too far from the apartment, and that it was down the street from where my girlfriend lived. other than that i have two very lucid memories of getting there; at the end of that street where the court is, there was a chain linked fence we had to jump to start up the hill toward the rocks. now it looks open and accessible, although i’m not even sure if it’s private property or not. i don’t think it is because the area is accessible from santa teresa park, and google maps is showing very well worn trails around the area today. thirty years ago none of that was there.

anyway this spot had almost mythological significance for us. for one thing it was up at the top of the only visible hills from the south san jose valley. that little vein of hills (basically santa teresa park) was all we had… all we could get to on foot, anyway, and none of us had licenses or cars. but that vein of hills was visible from any point in town… so it was THE mountain, as far as those hills could be called mountains.

now from the google view it looks like a cluster of rock formations. you can probably scale the relative size of the area in your head to get an idea of what it would be like to stand there. but the uniqueness of the formation was that it was perfectly suitable for a dwelling area. the rocks were so perfectly placed that they were almost like pieces of furniture of structures built for a purpose in mind; here to sleep, there is where the fire goes, here is where we sit and look down on the valley, etc.

the one particular incident i wish to relate to you at this juncture involves a story about three friends deciding to run away from home and… well, ‘live’ there at the rocks. no like literally; move in as if it were an apartment.

school was out and none of us had jobs (i was fifteen, too young to have a job), so running away wouldn’t be an incredibly bad violation. i mean the punishment wouldn’t be as bad because it isn’t like you’re skipping school or work. this enabled us to come to the unanimous decision that it would be feasible to run away… that the consequences wouldn’t be severe enough to deter us from pursuing our established ends; that we would colonize the rock formation annnnnd what… just… hang out there all day? wait we were fifteen man. you don’t think that far ahead when you’re fifteen. it didn’t matter that in one week, we’d be walking home dirty, smelling like a camp fire, sore from sleeping on rocks, hungry and covered with poison ivy. don’t spoil the adventure with a reality check.

and this brings me to the defining moment of the adventure… the one image i remember most clearly… in fact i am seeing it right now in my head as if it just happened. i think it was on day two or three that i woke up as the sun was rising and as i stepped down from my sleeping spot, i saw a sight to behold. something magical - and perhaps the cause of this recent nostaligic obsession i have with the place (i went through an identical obsession in 2014) - the feature that has given the place and my experience of it it’s mythological quality was what i saw in that field just south of the rocks about thirty yards or so. it was probably almost six o’clock (i’d guess) because the sun was just appearing east of him.

down in the field was adam, shirtless in jeans with a stick (like a staff) chasing after a small herd of deer. but there’s more. adam had his t-shirt tied around his head like a turban or something… and adam was fat. not just chubby. well just chubby in some places but basically fat, quantitatively. and he had a serious t-shirt tan… when the tan stops at the sleeves an collar. and where he wasn’t tan, he was incredibly pale.

so get the scene in your head if you can. you have to use the map image and impose yourself there in the rocks looking south at adam the pale fat kid with his t-shirt tied around his head running around chasing deer with a stick (techincally a ‘hunter’s staff’) thirty yards to the south.

here’s the thing though. that’s not even the funniest part. the deer were like fucking with him… they weren’t running away, see… they were zig-zagging around as he approached but they didn’t leave the area. it was as if they knew, collectively, that it was only adam with his hunter’s staff and they need not be afraid. or we could even play with him a little bit. get him running around and see if we can make him trip.

the housing development there to the immediate south didn’t exist either. all that was open field.

yeah, i’m sure of it. this is the place. the red dot marks the place i beheld the sight that early 1990 spring morning.

Visiting places you haven’t seen for decades is awesome. It’s like going to a place where time morphs into space.
If you don’t find anyone to go with on this site, there might be an old Greek on another forum who’d be interested. :character-beavisbutthead:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3fLJ8[/youtube]

streamable.com/lyowsm

Lol.